[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if (a properly prepared) Peter Jackson directs 'Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: g8396_u16978_jackson2.jpg (40KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
g8396_u16978_jackson2.jpg
40KB, 318x400px
What if (a properly prepared) Peter Jackson directs 'Man of Steel 2?'
>>
File: it's only a model.webm (84KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
it's only a model.webm
84KB, 720x540px
>>90689984
>monster movie
>huge crowds of white people fighting over fucking nothing
>three hour pointless love triangle
>four parts
>someone rides a pig for no reason
>backgrounds are so layered that the very next advance in tv screens makes ultra 4k version look like dogshit immediately
>>
>>90690117
>bloom so bright you think they forgot to turn off the lights
>>
>>90689984
He ruined The Hobbit, one of my favourite books. No thanks.
>>
>>90689984
I wouldn't watch it (again).
>>
>>90690331
Grow up/.
>>
>>90689984
no
>>
>>90692389
no u
Come to think of it, I disliked the Hobbit movies for many of the same reasons I disliked LOK.
>>
>>90689984

I would fall asleep 2 hours into the movie
>>
>>90690331
not actually his fault t b h
>>
>>90689984
After The Hobbit there's nothing special in using Peter Jackson
>>
>>90693651
Care to explain?
>>
>>90693694
Called back by the studio to pick up the pieces of a bombed project and given nowhere near enough time to rework it before shooting so was using someone else's ideas as a launch pad, stuck playing constant catchup
I guess he could have just said no though
>>
>>90693694
Del Taco dropped out at the last minute, forcing Jackson to take over but without the prep time he had for LOTR.

Also, studio had more interference(like making Jackson film in 3D, which made some of the tricks they used to make the dwarves and hobbit smaller than Gandalf impossible)
>>
>>90694071
>>90693983
The whole reason he left before the Hobbit in any case was because New Line refused to pay him the money he was owed (and everybody else, too). There were dozens of lawsuits which were eventually settled when someone from Time Warner (which owned New Line) found out NL were saying, in court, that the Lord of the Rings had not been profitable and thus nobody was owed any money.

There's the "Hollywood accounting" everybody "knows" about (which is actually just the standard collection of tricks every large business uses now) and there's "Retard accounting", which is what New Line were trying.

In the end the two founders of the studio were fired (they're some creepy-looking 90 year olds who you'd easily mistake for 30 if sunlight didn't kill them) and New Line became a banner (a non-studio, but the name still gets used to differentiate projects with a tone unlike the actual studio's usual output) at Warner Bros. Then they started making the Hobbit, because Gandalf wasn't suing them any more, and eventually I guess they found a way to get Jackson back. Del Toro would only ever have been the standby choice to keep things moving (and would have known as much).

As far as interference goes... when you've gone through what New Line put Time Warner through, you bet your ass the whole thing was run by corporate. Literally every deal from the pre-banner days of NL is suspect. You don't even want to know what they got away with on that Mask sequel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.