[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hope for /co/ related stuff? It seems that the gatekeepers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1488663028109.jpg (138KB, 411x337px) Image search: [Google]
1488663028109.jpg
138KB, 411x337px
Is there any hope for /co/ related stuff? It seems that the gatekeepers of good taste in the west (reviewers and critics) have an iron fist grip on how fiction should be written, and if it's not done in a way that they want? (BOOM!) Bad reviews, regardless of if the piece of fiction warrants it or not. If it ticks the right boxes, it gets rave reviews even if it's not THAT good.

How much worse is it ever going to get BEFORE it gets better? When will it get better?
>>
Reviews are irrelevant for /co/ material. For comics the sales are locked in long before reviews come around. And of course cartoons survive completely on merchandise sales and the quality doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>90671050

It's the same with videogames these days. It's pronbably just me, but I think they are getting WORSE now, with reviewers blatantly favouring/disfavouring fiction that appeals/don't appeal to their personal politics. They used to hide it back in the day.
>>
>>90671050
let's see reviewers prop up America
>>
>>90671050
Reviewers and critics are largely pointless for /co/ related material. BvS and SS were very financially successful despite every critic shitting on it and pop culture sites calling them the Trump of movies in an attempt to bury it. Ms. America and the like are still giant sales bombs despite critics falling over themselves praising it's politics. There seems to be an gap widening further and further between viewer and critic as time goes on since people are starting to notice that personal politics are really ingraining themselves in critical evaluations of media.
>>
>>90671050
It's all Disney, anon. And get used to it, it's all we have.
>>
Look, 99.999999% of the human population has shitty taste. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can get to finding a small subset of people/critics you do trust and listening to them for recommendations.
>>
>>90671050
>It seems that the gatekeepers of good taste in the west (reviewers and critics) have an iron fist grip on how fiction should be written, and if it's not done in a way that they want? (BOOM!) Bad reviews, regardless of if the piece of fiction warrants it or not. If it ticks the right boxes, it gets rave reviews even if it's not THAT good.

Congratulations on figuring out how reviews have worked since the dawn of time.
>>
>>90672242

The difference is, 99.99999999% of those people don't have authority to shape people's opinions. And if the ones who do apparently have tastes that are just as bad as the result of the population, how can they be trusted? Bad taste aside though, it's worse when thet abuse their position of power to browbeat the rest of the population.
>>
File: giphy (18).gif (1MB, 525x400px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (18).gif
1MB, 525x400px
Y'know, there are some mediums where critical acclaim seems to help with something's success. Movies, TV, games, music...

I don't think I've really seen that be the case with comics. The ratio of critically acclaimed shit that gets the boot seems to be much higher than the other formats.
>>
>>90672318

See also: Moviebob.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.