[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the canon of Earth-0, does Superman age? If not, then how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: latest.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
In the canon of Earth-0, does Superman age? If not, then how did he grow to maturity?
>>
>>90671005
He ages but slowly.
>>
>>90671005
>everything must be linear
go back to /tv/
>>
I figured that his aging slowed with maturity as his body got more proficient at utilizing solar energy to bolster his xeno biology.
>>
>>90671005
He has grey hair and wrinkles in the fucking picture you posted, retard.
>>
>>90671110

That's not from Earth-0, friendo.
>>
>>90671005
>If not, then how did he grow to maturity?
Growing old isn't the same as maturing. Maturation involves the cells and body developing like they're programmed to, while growing old is due to cell death and errors in cell division
>>
>>90671005
Clearly he is, just slower. Supes looks a good thirty years younger than Bruce.
>>
He clearly ages, see pre-Crisis Earth-Two, Kingdom Come, your own pic.

At 60+ years old, he still looks like he's in his 40's though.

The question is how old he will get.

My interpretation is that some point, maybe after 100 years, his powers have grown so much that they've actually started to reverse the aging process so that he becomes eternally in his prime years of ~30. And then the Superman One Million stuff happens with Superman Secundus and the Superman Dynasty and finally Superman leaving Earth for 80,000 years on a quest to find the meaning of life.
>>
>>90672138

And even Kingdom Come Supes was exceptionally long-lived. When the character was in the JSA, Johns wrote an epilogue to the comic, where Clark lives to see the Legion of Superheroes come to fruition.
>>
>>90671851
Super doesn't have the same amount of damage. Bats accumulates permanent injuries over time. There's no way to avoid it, Bats would be decommissioned by 50 at the absolute latest, if not 20 years earlier. Supes doesn't really have that problem since almost nothing actually hurts him.

Bats would never last as long as any powered hero. Hell, the Bat Family would probably go through 2 or 3 generations before someone like Supes finally had to retire.
>>
>>90672876

Ehhh...Bats is either in his early thirties or late twenties.
>>
File: reign385-1.jpg (42KB, 400x194px)
reign385-1.jpg
42KB, 400x194px
>>90672138
>Kingdom Come
>>
>>90672959
Yeah, and the way he takes damage he'd be out of service by 40, 50 at the latest. In Beyond was using a powered suit by what looked 50 and had to use a gun just to keep a few random thugs from beating him to death with tire irons. This was the same Bats that punched cosmic entities in the face and beat up demon minions and shit. And he nearly died to a few thugs in a warehouse.
>>
I'm not really into Supes but I love his Beyond costume. Beyond was a nice simple story also, though I think he'd still be pretty strong for years longer than shown there
>>
>>90671093
Either that, or Kryptonians just naturally live longer than humans.
>>
>>90674459
DCAU supes was never all that strong though.
He couldn't even breathe in space, and he regularly got beat the fuck up by normal people.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.