[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's post our ideas for cartoons and reply if we would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 35

File: IMG_3889.jpg (34KB, 450x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3889.jpg
34KB, 450x314px
Let's post our ideas for cartoons and reply if we would watch them or not.
>>
Great Depression Hobo adventures with supernatrual elements.

22 minutes episodes. Mild continuity, mostly for the sake of comedy but with occasional serious moments if the show calls for it. 6 main characters, ages ranging from 19 to 83. Episodes would sometimes center around the supernatural, sometimes not
>>
>>90662241
Okay
>>
>>90662241
A guy travels back in time and nukes the cradle of civilization.
Hilarity ensues.
>>
I've actually been waiting for a thread like this to post this idea that's been running around in my head the past few days. It's inspired in a way by Scott Pilgrim, but it's more slice of life than anything.
So the basic premise would be a TV show based around a rock band set into the 80s. In my vision it would be super comfy, slice of life kind of shit. It would start out with the origins of the band in their senior year of high school, and the first season would end just as they graduate high school and get their first big break after playing progressively better venues.
Now here's where Scott pilgrim comes into the picture. I would want to use the effects from the movie as well as the cartoon shirt on AS as the inspiration for everything that happens in the show. For instance, I'm thinking that every time the band plays a song at a concert we should crank up the visual effects up to 12 and just go nuts with it. The name of the song appears in puffy clouds of smoke from their shitty smoke machine during the chorus and shit. The effects would still be there outside of the musical numbers, but I feel like they would be best used during scenes for comedic effect or for emphasizing character traits.
Would anyone even remotely be interested in it? I've got a few little ideas to share is anyone's interested.
>>
>>90662241
Action cartoon about some bee-people working to keep their hive safe from animals, wasp gangs, and a horde of bloodthirsty plant monsters; shenanigans ensue.
>>
>>90662450
Probably yes. I personally love paranormal stuff, especially if it is recycled/referenced from real life paranormal stuff.

>>90663482
Not really my thing. My interest may depend on the kind of characters in it, but otherwise I wouldn't watch it.
>>
>>90663200
Probably yes.

>>90664034
>bee people
Maybe, but only as long as there's no BEEstiality with a human woman, else it's alright.
>>
A kid puts LSD in the food at the college meal hall to knock everyone off their ass for the rest of the semester. Both the students and teachers are tripping balls but because there's no sober person there to tell them they're all out of it, they carry on like nothing is wrong. People shit on the floor, eat cheese shoes, ride mechanical dragons to class. One group of students attempts to fuck with the flow of time by changing the clocks in the IT center. Our hero must stop them from Za Warudoing the whole campus. Also yeah we have a hero main character. They like to eat bananas.

Coming 2019.
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>90662241
A Telepath walks the earth curing people from depression, addiction and other psychological disorders. Unfortunately he cannot deactivate his powers, this psychic echo has destroyed his self. He keeps himself sane by constructing new selves based on different philosophies. He writes his new knowledge in a book, which reads everyday to give him some sort of calm.

There are other Telepaths and Mutants who use their powers for themselves leading to extremes like psychic serial-killers.
>>
>>90662241
The show takes place in a comic book world where superpowers can exist, and people can have them, but the only people who get these powers tend to be idiots or villains, or both. It's a superhero world without superheroes, only supervillains (or just villains, since not all of them are super), and people who generally have no idea how to even use these powers in the first place. Even the characters that call themselves "heroes" tend to be idiots, or dicks, and they are often ineffectual without superpowers. The show is essentially a cast of villains interacting with each other and trying to one-up each other and prevent the other villains from getting in the way of their own schemes. The idea is a bit of a Venture Bros/The Incredibles type of thing where these characters are villains but not all of them are "evil", per se, a lot of characters are just trying to get by in their life of villainy.

The primary focus is on two partners who were not fortunate enough to have superpowers (at least initially during the show's run) who run a mechanics shop and have a con business on the side as they try as hard as possible to be rich. They frequently butt heads with several characters, a frequent one being a genius but OCD-addled and bitter scientist who wants to find out how to make himself dumber so he can gain superpowers (who becomes a true villain as his attempts grow more desperate and dangerous). It's an episodic show about these dastardly characters interacting with this weird cartoon world they live in and getting involved in absurd adventures, as the show gradually unravels the lore behind this world, and the characters within it.
>>
File: 1448840664767.gif (272KB, 280x187px) Image search: [Google]
1448840664767.gif
272KB, 280x187px
It's a "group of friends hang around an apartment and get in misunderstandings and hijinks" cartoon in the vein of Seinfeld, Always Sunny, etc. But the cast is in a different city, different country, different year, different planet, etc every episode. But the tone of the show never changes, the characters are all timeless and adapted to each setting. Kind of like a parody of one of those educational kids programs like the Magic School Bus but with 20-something alcoholics and eccentrics

One episode has the characters in a monastery in 700 AD getting in trouble after the abbot catches them smuggling naked marble busts of females into the dorms and spending the money on developing a highly concentrated Ale in time for the feast day

Another episode could be like Futurama, set in a specific kind of utopian future, and one of the characters steals a box-stamping robot so he can try autoerotic asphyxiation, but when the box-stamping factory's AI discovers it missing, it decides the tax break gets the company more money, so the AI sends all the rest of the robots to the apartment, and the gang has to figure out how to incorporate all of these giant arms into their virtual Cancun simulator

Or an episode where they're all working in the same bunker in a Soviet Russian labor camp, and one of them starts dating a cute tower guard so the whole gang gets together to craft an instrument out of human hairs, chunks of brick, cigarettes and gum, and it turns out that the guard is into reverse bondage and in a wacky series of events, nobody can figure out how to untie her elaborate rope trap so the prisoners turn it into a hostage situation and say they'll only release her if the cook stops watering down the beef stew

Just any number of random historical, fictional, or societal backgrounds with no continuity from episode to episode besides that the characters are all the same no matter what time or place they're in.
>>
File: AfficheJJB6_2.jpg (890KB, 1569x2338px) Image search: [Google]
AfficheJJB6_2.jpg
890KB, 1569x2338px
>>90662241
Two children, a brother and a sister, abducted by aliens must cross the whole Milky Way trying to find the way back to Earth.

No maps, no translators, no guides, no powers. Adventure, real adventure is back.

Pastebin
>http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
PDF
>https://www.docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf.html
>>
>>90665128
I'd watch that.
>>
All these topics just have the same few posters anyways.

A young awkward nerd girl in high school (think less Daria, more Tumblr-lite) discovers that she has the ability to travel into dreams due to long running witch blood. She, with her closest friends (an edgy showoff pseudo goth-type and a sarcastic self-depricating beta loser), stumbles upon a deep ancient conspiracy going back in the town for generations, centering around the revival of a slumbering elder god confused as the second coming. These affairs are complicated by the affairs of their peers, who have a wide assortment of minor and major psychological issues in large part stemming from the suicide of the hometown hero two years ago, and the meddling of the cult of prolific adults in the town dedicated to bringing back the slumbering god.

It'd kinda play out like a mix between Buffy and Steven Universe, throwing out a lot of the old 80's and 90's high school cliches for a more modern, 00's and 10's take.

The show would feature every episode with the cast (just the main character at first, but more as the show went on) going into the dreams of someone (usually a student) at school cut between day to day SOL fare and muh DEEPEST LORE about the secrets in the school/town. Because the dream sequences would be directly based on how the characters are feeling, suddenly the character building is important to the action sequences, and vice versa.

As the series progresses the main cast would face their own hurdles, mainly stemming from the pressures of life compounded with the pressures to save the world, and a lot of the side characters would become far more fleshed out. The dreams would be varied in structure, from wild trips to genre pastiches, giving each episode a distinctly unique tone.

I actually want to work on turning it into a webcomic. Right now I'm working on a synopsis of the first season (13 episodes) and a pilot of sorts.
>>
>>90663482
Interesting concept, but you'll have to tell
me more. Pitch me a single episode. A lot of shows broadcast SOL elements but each show handles SOL differently.

>>90664205
China, IL meets Superjail. Not my thing but a lot of people would definately watch it. [as] is securing the IP rights as we speak.

>>90664245
Upvoted my fair gent-le-man. The narwhal bacons at midnight, lol!

>>90664501
The second half of this feels like Legion. The premise feels a bit too crowded, but I'd watch a show about a depressed telepath hearing the problems of other heroes. Like a higher budget Harvey Birdman.

>>90664605
I mean Venture Bros is good. I think cynical superhero scenarios is a bit overplayed, but supervillain circlejerking is patrician taste. I'd watch it.

>>90665074
It sounds like a funny show, especially if you play with a lot of the same tropes from episode to episode a la Phineas and Ferb (Moooooom, Where's Perry?, etc). It'd be ridiculously expensive and ultimately impossible, but I'd watch it if it could happen.

>>90665128
Anon everytime you post this you get the same replies. This premise is fucking kino, it's literal gold. You really need to develop this, best of luck to you in those efforts.
>>
A bunch of hot waifus get in a lot of fight scenes and die sometimes.
>>
>>90667315
10/10 series of the decade
>>
A mentally handicapped girl bunny rabbit tries to make it in the big city by moving in with her street smart sister and basically gets taken advantage of by strangers every episode. The people who take advantage of her get their comeuppance at the end of every episode, though.

Sort of like Always Sunny, but the gang is the entire city, and the main character is the person getting screwed.
>>
>>90667197
>it'd be ridiculously expensive and ultimately impossible
Why? Shows like Archer already exist and get good enough ratings to keep getting renewed, despite being crass and not really telling an interesting story outside of the characters being asses to each other.
Is your thought that it would be too expensive to animate? Because it wouldn't even have to be more elaborate than an average episode of the Magic Schoolbus. Hell, being animated like that would only make the whole concept funnier in my opinion
>>
>>90667416
I haven't a clue on the expenses of the magic school bus. The premise is great, but you'd have to basically redo all your assets every episode, which only works if you're dealing with some pretty shitty animation quality.
>>
>>90667411
Kinda seems a bit too mean spirited.
>>
>>90667197
I don't have a surgical episode idea laid out, but I do have some fragmented ideas for episodes.
For instance, at one point in the first season the main characters brother dies in some way that makes the MC feel responsible even though he didn't really have a hand in it (Maybe a car crash or something, haven't figured that out yet) and uses the emotions to write his first big song. One part of the song lyrics is...
>Calling out your name, my heavy heart will lay you down. What can I do to make this right? Right. Cuz I will feel this guilt forever, everywhere I go reminds me that you truly are gone.
As for drama, I'd prefer it to be a pretty chill experience, comedy is a must. However, there are a few points where I think we could work in some really gut wrenching drama futurama style.
Now for the music. I'm tempted to say that we could do a few things. Original songs mixed in with covers of songs, or we could just do original songs, I think original would be best but I also think there's potential in getting animated characters to do covers of songs.
Also, at one point the band gets their first big piece in a magazine. Here's a bit I've got written down from an interview with the MC for that magazine article.
>It's actually quite selfish. While I love our fans, and couldn't be happier that people are enjoying our music, we actually don't have them in mind when we're making our albums. We write music that we want to hear, that we would enjoy listening to and, as our fans can see, that means we make some very diverse music that almost shifts genres at points. I think that's the best way we can make really good music, and I'd honestly be the happiest man on earth if every single person on the planet had at least one Precious Little Universe (shitty placeholder bandname) song that they loved.
>>
Adapting Worm to a cartoon. Really the only way to do it, is to have it be animated. Live action would cock it up and be unable to show the big fights.
>>
The show takes place in a 1980s cyberpunk type world where all the pagan gods were real and almost all of said gods are aliens(Norse, dogon, Aztec, Sumerian/Babylonian)/created by aliens(others), as well as ghosts, psychic powers , demons, monsters, Dr Strange type sorcery, and Kaiju exist but almost all but general psychic phenomena and Kaiju are kept secret by a relatively corrupt government whose members are either extremists committing atrocities to protect people, or members of said conspiracies.
The hero is a young sarcastic, apathetic and mildly depressed guy with an interest in biology and other no shit and absolutely no direction in life. He goes metal detecting in a cemetery and finds a magic (sufficiently advanced science) sword in a huge underground forge made by the Norse gods drawing the attention of both the government, normal villains and much darker forces.
To apprehend him the government sends two of its agents, an edgy, but good hearted martial artist who is both very knowledgeable and very skilled in regards to occult lore and archeology, and his pseudo girlfriend a female clone of Anubis with psychic powers that acts like a mix of Cartoon Starfire and Egon with expertise in physics and parapsychology. It's not revealed that she's an Anubis clone until later.
After chasing him around a bit they eventually team up and destroy one of the sentries from the aforementioned forge and are forced into a group which investigates cases that are too weird or shadowy to touch. The main villains are the Egyptian god Set as a crime boss, a Roman era cult who has hands all over positions of power, Loki, the annunaki and a whole host of demons, crazies and Kaiju that wouldn't seem out of place in a lovecraft story, 80s sci fi anime or 70s marvel horror. The tone is relatively dark though not without humor and never goes full on bring me to life.
>>
>>90667010
It sounds really good, especially if it's heavy with lovecraftian tropes and elements in a similar way to Engelhart's Dr. Strange.
>>
File: 78934542156.jpg (50KB, 537x552px) Image search: [Google]
78934542156.jpg
50KB, 537x552px
I got this idea cooked up. About how the Earth was swarmed in hostile Jungle and gave way to a new way of life the remnants of the U.S. Armed Forces are basically having a sort of modern Vietnam war aesthetic and are more of a sort of militarized tribe. Other factions include Amazonian warriors who are basically a sort of cult where they think of the earths new form as a blessing. The third faction is a scientific technology faction who think with their immense knowledge the entire planet needs to be cleansed all for technology advancement and the rebuilding of human kind. I also did something with the U.S. faction using a sort of "super" agent orange but instead of causing cancer it mutants the soldiers that came in contact with it. So you get things like beastmen,insect-men, and Orc like beings(their skin becomes incredible thick and they lose some of their mental power I am just using orc to classify them). The leaders instead of shunning them decided to use it their advantage and placed them in the "66th Meta-Human Battalion"
>>
>>90667816
This is an absolute clusterfuck of tones and concepts, but in a bad way. I honestly can't get a good feel for this show. Is it supposed to feel kinda like Gargoyles, maybe? Your Tv Tropes jargon makes me think so.

>>90667707

Not so much the events, the day-to-day appeal. Do the characters hate each other? Is there a lot of drama? Is there a lot of exaggerated humor a la some moe shows, maybe with a black comedic tint a la Scott Pilgrim, or are things more down to earth? Is it supposed to feel comfy and silly, or comfy and warm, or comfy and inspirational?

To explain a bit more, I'm >>90667010 guy. One random episode I was playing with for a pilot was about an freshman girl who was friends with the not-goth. Her dreams would be in the style of snapshots from a classic 80's summer film focused around her older brother, jokester, baseball star and best friend of the hometown hero. It would be about the girl's inner embarassment and frustrations at hearing about some of the wild crazy runors about her brother contrasted against the image she's built him up as.

In the meanwhile we'd see a lot of the main cast, who all annoy each other to various degrees but far from an It's Always Sunny level. The not-goth is working with the freshman to try and pry more information about the honetown hero. In the end the goth pushes too hard, and the girl closes up completely.
>>
>>90667197
I also do feel like cynical superhero shows have become rather overplayed, hence why I preferred to instead try to create a world where the primary focus is on supervillains (which leaves room to develop the idea as to why there are barely any heroes in the world or why superpowers seem to choose idiots or villains).
Thanks for the positive feedback.
>>
>>90668056
The big thing I'm struggling with is good villains. Kind of like Gay Space Rocks, I'm running into the problem where because every character has synpathetic traits there's little space for solid villains. I have some loose ideas for how the slumbering being interacts with the cast (in particular I was thinking about a flashback plot where a character dies, sees the otherworldly being beyond death, and is literally terrified back to life, slowly becoming a rampaging monster while being tortured by dreams of the unthinkable).
>>
I've been working on this one for a long time, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Set in a medieval fantasy kingdom, it follows a cynical potions brewer who gets so little respect that nobody even knows his real name. He ends up roped into a grand quest, tagging along with his brother, the kingdom's legendary chosen hero with an ego the size of a mountain, and a fairy who's filled to the brim with useful information but too socially inept to speak up and share it. Together, they trvavel the land trying to stop the hero's old nemesis from returning and destroying the kingdom. It's hard to summarize without making it sound generic, but imagine it as an animated Zelda game from a store NPC's perspective and a focus on character dynamics.

Like I said, I've been working on this for a long time, and I have a bunch of episode ideas if anyone's interested.
>>
A preteen genius finds herself cornered by self-proclaimed refugees from a distant planet. They intend to execute her but they want her to remember what she's done to them first. While strapping a gizmo to her head, they're immediately wiped out by a seemingly crazy young woman who says she used to be part of the girl's Imperial Guard.
Things slowly start coming back to the girl and she discovers that she was a bloodthirsty tyrant who ruled an interstellar empire with an iron fist until she was exiled to Earth in the body of a young girl with no memory of who she was as an attempt at some sort of humane sentencing. Her parents are actually her prison guards and her entire life is merely a construct necessary for her rehabilitation
Now she wants to get back home and get revenge by any means necessary. Even if that means having to conquer Earth and drag it into being a spacefaring civilization to do so. Problem is at this point she's as much the young girl she thought she always had been as she is dictator who crushed a thousand worlds.
>>
>>90668463
It sounds like a pretty good premise actually. Throw a random episode at me, nothing big.
>>
>>90669024
So the pitch is basically Space Hitler is now a young girl that's pissed and wants revenge. That's cool. I can't tell if this is plot heavy or more silly fare with LEEPEST DORE like Star Vs. It coukd go either way really.
>>
>>90669030
I have one where they wander into a village hosting a jousting tournament that Lionel (the hero) can't resist entering just to appease the crowd, but he forgets that he has no clue how to ride a horse, and is actually afraid of them. So Shopkeep (the potions brewer) has to help him bullshit his way through the tournament with potions while Vanna (the fairy) is left to stall for time by causing distractions.
>>
>>90669095
I've never really watched Star Vs. but I kinda imagine a mix of both. It's actually set in a superhero universe. But one where humanity and Earth are considered pretty unimportant and the local solar system is sort of seen as a dumping ground by most civs. But that means she's operating with the distinct disadvantage of being stuck on a planet that's only just started with space travel and advanced tech (superheroes are relatively new in this universe. Maybe 30+ years in existence), and being what basically amounts to a supervillain.
>>
>>90669265
It's very simple, very silly, but pretty good. It really depends on the tightness of the character dynamics and the smartness of the writing.
>>
File: IMG_3560.png (332KB, 2176x1733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3560.png
332KB, 2176x1733px
The ZZZPD is tasked with protecting dreamers from nightmares.

Zee (top) has worked hard but has nothing to show for it, which is especially frustrating when her step-brother (top-right) has easily climbed the ranks with his naturally powerful dreamself. As a result, she's started to look for shortcuts and more unscrupulous ways to get ahead.

Zost (bottom) is a veteran of the force who has driven everyone in his life away with his bitter attitude. He tries to keep Zee on the straight and narrow, but is afraid of driving her away, too.

Nightmares would be personifications of fears. The standard procedure is destroying them with force, but they always regenerate over time. Zee would eventually learn that she has to fix the dreamer's underlying problems to make the nightmares go away permanently, and would overcome her own issues in the process.

It would turn out that her step-brother's power comes his lack of nightmares, but once he finds out that Zee resents him, he'd become powerless. The ending would be Zee helping him overcome this nightmare and get his power back.
>>
>>90662241
>Let's post our ideas for cartoons and reply if we would watch them or not.
I think your combination of wording and the image you used make this look like the most obvious actual baiting by a corporation for ideas I have ever seen.
>>
File: Ranma.double.1.jpg (37KB, 389x605px) Image search: [Google]
Ranma.double.1.jpg
37KB, 389x605px
A proper gender bender cartoon. Just ANYTHING with a proper gender bender.
>>
>>90669357
That's really good to hear, thanks. I think you're right, it does hinge on the characters and writing, and that's not really something I can convey in this sort of thread, you know? But those two things are definitely my focus, so I think it's good.
>>
>>90668123
I respect your opinion, and I do tend to go a bit too heavy with the world building but I'd probably explain the world of samurai jack that way. In terms of it being a clusterfuck, the basic plot of people undercover/fight a bunch of conspiracies with a core theme, in this case the gods/demons/vampires etc being or related to aliens is a pretty common story structure, plus all the characters at least from my point of view have have ties to the concept, and there would be a single main conspiracy for each season, with side arcs which all tie into the main arc of the returning , like in Gargoyles, Gravity Falls or Claremont's X-Men. Sorry to write a crapton but I just want to deliver world building, high concept plots, nonhuman female x human male and an action oriented cartoon that can actually be scary, and I want to be able to fix it if it's bad. Unless you hate gargoyles for the exact same reasons.
>>
Night of the Were-Ed adaptation
>>
>>90668240
For eldritch monster villains you don't really have to give them sympathetic traits because they'd be so far removed from human emotions and morality, though that also means you can't make them mustache twirlingly evil. In general good outline for a human villain is either an extremist with good intentions, someone who worships the entity as a nihilist who wants to end it all or just go with a guy with goals and morality similar to David Xanatos.
>>
>>90662241
An Ancient Good Awakens from it's hallowed tomb, rising to purify the world of evil and corruption. It's soon discovered that this avenging angel has a pretty broad view of "evil" and soon starts smiting people for jaywalking. A desperate party of two-bit crooks, greasy con-men, dick-ass thiefs and at least one legitimate evil overlord team up to put the thing back in it's tomb before the world becomes terminally boring.
>>
>>90671172
This is an interesting start, but it feels too contained for a full on series. It seems more like a movie really, or a longer arc in another show.
>>
>>90671239
Having a singular big bad doesn't necessarily mean a show has to be smaller scale, TLA did it and worked three seasons into it. Just need to flesh it out so that they have secondary objectives along the way.
>>
>>90671146
I suppose, but that makes it harder to throw in regular old antagonists. The cult somewhat serves this purpose but their influence on the plot is loose at first, only coming to prominence later on.

They are mainly well intentioned extremists, like you said, that genuinely think they're bringing about something good. I thought it'd be cool to have their leader be one of the dorkier, more unassuming teachers who becomes a crazed fabulous maniac (think prog rock icons like Frank Zappa or Captain Beefheart), because like the heroes he uses the dreamscape to become someone else.
>>
>>90671310
But the show really isn't about defeating the Firelord. It's the endgoal, but the day to day is more the characters on their journey, that's where the real premise is. Similarly, Aku isn't really the point of Samurai Jack. He's the distant mountain in the horizon, the real meat is in the stories Jack comes across in his travels.

You need to flesh out your main cast more, and how they try to "save" the world.
>>
>>90671172
This actually sounds amazing.
>>
>>90662241

>Centuries ago, the first metahuman, Infinitus, came into being.
>Infinitus conquered the planet, and perpetuated a brutal Darwinian system of control.
>His loyal Gestapo styled agents screen and terminate any potential meta human born, so none may rise against him.
>In recent years, the rebellion sought and failed countless times to find a weakness within Infinitus.
>But then, against any known odds, a child named Zet exhibited a delayed development of meta human power: Flight.
>His parents kept his flight a secret, and raised him on ancient tales of fictional superheroes, the likes of which the world has never known.
>At the age of 15 however, his power became exposed when he rescued an old man from a collapsing bridge.
>His parents sent him away before the Gestapo arrived and slaughtered the entire village.
>Alone in a dark and shattered world, he will honor the creeds of the superhero that his parents so desperately instilled in him.
>He will be a flicker of light, on a mission to return hope to a world that lost it so long ago.
>The first superhero.

I use to read dystopian type manga, and was often flabbergasted by the brutality displayed in such worlds. I wonder what would happen if Superman was thrown into such a world to fix.

This is where the idea came to me.

Zet is the superhero archtype, yet rather than being perfect, he is flawed in his powers being developmentally delayed.
During his travels, he will meet all kinds of people, each with their own beliefs about what he ought to be. The challenges and evils committed he will face will be near spirit breaking.
>A rebel leader who want him to kill
>mass meta child graves

Can a superman truly remain untainted in a broken world that has already lost all hope? Zet must find or make a way if he is to truly return hope and defeat Infinitus.
>>
>>90667197
What do you think of the hobo one?
>>
>>90671800
I've seen i around these threads before. I liked it for breaking out of the usual genres and tropes that even I fall into a lot of the time. I can get a somewhat good sense of what sort of show you'd want to make of it, and that's pretty good for some random pitch on 4chan.
>>
It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.

There's this older Asian girl. She's kind of like Dee Dee from Dexter's Lab or Muriel from Courage the Cowardly Dog, always unintentionally causing trouble, she's very clumsy/silly and often not aware of her surroundings. She doesn't talk often, if at all.

Then there's a younger boy, around 12 or 13, unrelated. He's very anxious and no-nonsense, similar to Wirt from OtGW and Shinji from NGE.

They meet each other once the world's gone to shit, seemingly the only humans left.
The show follows them navigating through their new landscape, the boy wishing to find his family, facing off against monsters and the perils of their new environment along the way.
While the Asian girl often gets the two into trouble, she's always the one to get them out of it too, usually unintentionally.
There's whole episodes where she has no idea what's going on.
>>
>>90672030
This feels like Gravity Falls but Weirdmaggedon is the first episode. I don't hate it, but of course you'd need to handle the Dee-Dee character with heavy care.
>>
Been playing around with some characters and concepts for the past few years but only now have I decided to put stuff together
>Year 3000
>Twenty something Martian accepts an off the books delivery job
>Gets fired that same day
>Well shit
>Sniffs around remaining inventory
>Holy shit someone was trying to smuggle a young girl
>Tries to escort the girl back home while taking up odd jobs
>Galactic police force on the look out for a child missing from her parents
>Some strange group is also on the lookout
>"Now that I think about it, she doesn't look like she's from (alien home planet)...."

I sometimes post oneshots panels over in How's Your Webcomic general. It went from angsty "Muh feels" shit to "fuck it let's make it action packed with some heart"
>>
File: IMG_0860.png (32KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0860.png
32KB, 152x254px
>>90662241
Here's a question, /co/. Does your show have WAIFUS?
>>
>>90672278
All of them do, lolis, anthros, demons , etc.
>>
Horror/Dark Comedy about a fuck up mad scientist who is constantly creating various monsters and tries to control them. However, being the fuck up that he is, loses control of the monsters and must find a way to capture/control them He also has one small monster that he's been able to keep full control over, but is useless
>>
>>90672128
>you'd need to handle the Dee-Dee character with heavy care.
what do you mean? make sure that people don't hate her?
she's not selfish like Mabel, and she wouldn't be a bitch like Dee Dee, she's really most like Muriel, just completely unaware.

The show will probably be like Looney Tunes shorts more than anything.
>>
File: 1484570566274.png (38KB, 216x162px) Image search: [Google]
1484570566274.png
38KB, 216x162px
>>90672173
Nigga you can't just post that without proof.
>>
The Brick
The MC named Malcom is a young adult who lives in a city a city with a really high mutant and meta popluation and becuase of that a super hero association resides in the city. Malcom wants to join but he has no powers so he pretends to have super powers and goes out and fight crime to catch associations eye. Until one day he beats up a meta that was part of an enemy group called Nova he gets a bounty over his head thus ends up having to fight alot of mutants/metas from Nova or at least how I want season one to work out. I would like the show to be a mix of action/slice of life with a mix of Urban A E S T H E T I C
He goes by the name The Brick b/c he crated a really durrable holographic shield.
>>
>>90664034
Season finale should have the hive get attacked by a small child and one of the main characters gets desperate and stings them
>>
File: IMG_3454.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3454.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>90672396
What do you mean proof?
Here's a doodle of the girl
>Camilla DeLa, 15, from the planet Icarus. Sweet, smart, and curious. Is upset because she seems to be a late bloomer
>>
suicidal irak veteran finds half-dead girl trying to escape a crashed asteroid, upon later inspection, the asteroid reads the inner conscience of people and grants them whatever their heart desires most at the moment the meteorite crashes

the two go around the world trying to find the asteroids in hopes they don't fall on the wrong hands

notable characters include

>a bullied 13 year old kid that finds the asteroid in Norway and creates an 80's esque viking world where everything is radical as fuck (But is treated as a warlord by everyone else, because it's still a viking death world)

>The statue of liberty granted life by the asteroid, thanks to the dreams and hopes of every proud american, believes only in the american way and is so hot-blooded she makes Trump cry in joy

>An italian that seeks to catch the asteroids for the glory of Italy, gets hit by an asteroid right as he was going to order pizza, so he has the power of turning everything he wants into pizza (He takes this to the logical conclusion and starts making plasma pizza slices out of thin air as laser beams), his skin is also completely pitch black from some reason

>A failed DJ who got hit by the asteroid, now his beats are so heavy everyone in his radius turns insane, he's actually a really nice guy that never wanted it to happen, but every time he tries to make sure nobody gets hurt, shenanigans just happen that are out to get him, finally due to all the carnage, he goes insane and promises "The sickest, biggest, bass drop in the world" to be dropped in times square (He's planning to kill himself there, just to make sure that not only he's remembered, but that he may hurt no one else with his music)

>A reporter that is so hellbent on getting the truth, that she continues to get in crazier and crazier situations just to follow the hero's misadventures, Including things like flying a fighters jet into the mouth of a volcano just to get a recording of the big fight, looks like rule 63 speedwagon
>>
The show focuses around the adventures of an artifact salesman at a universal flea market who has to deal with all sorts of neighboring business and interesting customers, from eldritch beings to humans who cannot say, spell, or otherwise use the letter a.
>>
>Mini series about some 30 something year old suicidal man
>day he finally tries to off himself he finds out that he has superhuman /enhanced strength
>series consists of him getting more creative/aggressive with suicide attempts and in doing so inadvertently stopping villains and saving people
>attracts attention of shady mega company who wants him dead
>company hires crooks to commit crimes to draw him out and collect information little by little
>while doing this he becomes a bit happier with every person he saves/crime he stops
>final episode has him finally embracing life and his role as a hero
>gets killed by mega corp.
>makes it look like suicide
>>
File: 1441504281924.jpg (196KB, 510x700px) Image search: [Google]
1441504281924.jpg
196KB, 510x700px
>>90662241
I'll try OP.

Episodic Adventure

In a modern world just like ours, an entity known as the Great Evil awakens and causes a 1000 years of stagnation and destruction until it receds back into the place it came from.

Upon awakening the Great Evil restored the use of magic to the modernish world, which has semi-recovered as the people learned to mix magic and technology together create magitec. The place the Great Evil emerged from is a large dungeon with the Great Evil sleeping at the very bottom of it. Within the dungeon lies several different civilizations of varying advancement filled with different races and customs who are all separated from each other by the Great Evil mysterious creations, that if not guarded against will destroy the civilizations that live in the dungeon.

The surface dwellers have a force known as Inspectors who dive into the dungeon in order to recover artifacts of unknown technology and magic from the dungeon to be studied in order to assist in the recovery of their world.

The main story follows the actions of an aged/veteran Inspector as they seek to find answers about the Great Evil and journey to the very bottom of the dungeon, confronting many enemies of fantasy and technology who block their paths, different races and civilizations whose culture and ways the learn about/their interpretations of the Great Evil, and picks up new ways of fighting and living.
>>
File: IMG_3453.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3453.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>90672592
Various girls in the series. From top left clockwise:
>Bonnie Linda is a shape shifting plant creature. First girlfriend of Parker (main character). Has a big rack. Very sweet and charming. Elegant.
>Emi. Hard headed and brash. Was raised by a gang. From Venus. Parker's recent play thing.
>Camilla. Young and curious. Only child of a (rich) family. Prone to "I'm in love, for real this time!" Matures from being coddled to "Fuck it, I'll do it myself."
>Ursa. The friend you always had feelings for but fuck things up with. Has a husband. Was not about to wait around forever for Parker. Insightful. Still wants to patch things up.
>Donna. Cyborg. Was murdered on her wedding night. A child psychopath steals her dying body to test his ability to create a cyborg on his own. Cynical and doesn't trust easily. Was a one night stand.
>>
Lil' Frank and the Dad Scientist.

Educational show for young kids, about a little boy Frankenstein monster asking his Dad Scientist about the world. Each episode would have a guest monster connected to the subject, like a little green man for space, kraken for the ocean, the mummy for ancient times, and so on.
>>
>>90671868
Okay, thanks
>>
>>90662241
Florida girl gets magical grimoire; learns to do magic with friends while dealing with Florida. State officials, Cuban cartels, the CIA and Disneyworld eventually want a piece of that magical action.

Mostly comedy with action here and there; heavy background lore pertaining to the grimoire and its developments with character development as the girl and her friends realize magic is not a toy (but damn can it make your life easier).
>>
>>90662450
>>90665128
>>90668463
>>90669410 (in spite of ugly design)
>>90671172
>>90672701
>>90672835
>>90673555
>>90674382
yes

>>90663200
>>90664501
>>90664034
>>90667411
>>90672030 (just what we need, more /ss/bait)
>>90672173
>>90672311
no

>>90663482
>>90664605
>>90665074 (and also no)
>>90667010
>>90667816
>>90668085 (but yes)
>>90669024 (but no)
>>90671761
>>90672490
>>90672657
>>90672863
Come up with a more comprehensible elevator pitch.
>>
Alright, here goes.
My summary of what I would make:

A good cartoon.
>>
>>90676174
>(just what we need, more /ss/bait)
lol
>>
File: 1442616112612.jpg (43KB, 700x646px) Image search: [Google]
1442616112612.jpg
43KB, 700x646px
>>90672863
>>90676174
Within a grand dungeon exists a Great Evil that has brought destruction to the world.

A young warrior seeking the history and secrets about the Great Evil and a way to destroy it, journeys throughout the dungeon visiting many different civilizations within it and defeating the creations of the Great Evil that awaits them at the bottom.
>>
A Police Team with unique abilities attached to their specific job vs. a Criminal Gang that specializes in their own unique criminal trade.
>>
Old lady gets thrown into position of power when the government claims she's a prophet, and she must crank out a quota of prophecies that tend to be slightly BS but not entirely false.
>>
Couple of guys get stuck on a planet in the butt-dimension.
They're called "the Asstronauts".

There's buttcheeks everywhere.
>>
>>90662241
Jesus, Muhammad, and Siddhartha find each other by coincidence in the year 2010. None of them know that they're the vessel for such strong spirits, so they live lives as regular people.

Only on the day they meet, are their true selves revealed to only them and each other. They are tasked with traveling the world in an attempt to spread the word of peace and a love for humankind... only to be struck down and laughed at by a society growing more cynical.

The whole series plays out as a comedy, providing commentary over international events and crises, and how the world's societies react to them.

Note, the three vessels aren't written as reincarnations, more so as three regular people with personalities and lives that have been given their respective roles.

If you want to get formulaic, the series could follow a formula where each of them tries to apply individual belief and solutions until the solution is revealed to be a combination of the three Or just nothing because everything is shit all the time.
>>
>>90662241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
22 mins x 25 episodes a season
>>
>>90676174
>>90667010

In small town New England, a girl and her friends travel into the dreams of her teachers and peers, discovering more about their town, the people around them, and ultimately themselves. A sort of play on the classic "teen high school drama" show template. As time goes on they learn the darker secrets of their town, which range from significant deaths in the community to world ending cults.
>>
>>90677922
Second coming in the modern scenarios have been tried before, what makes your take any different?
>>
>>90676691
Not that reviewanon, but it sounds like a nice start. It seems like a lot of other Samurai Jack inspired premises, but with a different setting and a bit more lore. Is there anything else that really separates you from Jack?

>>90677343
So basically police wirh superpowers versus criminal organization of the month? Crime shows and capeshit both feel a bit overplayed here, not sure if it would be able to stand out enough. The premise is sound, it just feels a bit tried and tested in pop culture.
>>
>>90677377
I'm feeling an abstract government work comedy with an unusual protagonist. That's good enough for me, personally.

>>90677642
This is funny for maybe half an episode.
>>
>>90662241
J O J O
>>
>>90674382
You know kids dicking around with magic is nothing new, but I like your spin on it. Making all the characters absolutely clueless of what the book does is a nice touch, and honestly the Florida setting is genuinely cool and underutilized.

>>90673555
That sounds too cute and unique to pass up.

>>90672835
Suicideman. If it doesn't get cancelled based on the title alone it sounds like good character introspection a la Bojack or Rick and Morty.
>>
>>90676691
>>90677343
>>90677922
no

>>90677377
>>90679402
yes
>>
My cartoon would be about a bisexual guy with a humiliation fetish that is popular in school so he tries becoming a loser that everyone bullies just so he can masturbate to the memories of it happening.
>>
A show about a young teenage girl arriving with an interstellar spaceship to a distant world. There are about 100 people on the ship, and the girl's parents belong to the first generation born on it. It's mostly a slice of life about the girl and her coming of age in the new world, but there are plot lines and some continuity, mostly revolving around people having different opinions on how to run the colony, as well as mystical stuff happening on the planet. There is little sci-fi, as technologies are pretty much the same as we have now. Yeah, and there's basically no civilization back on Earth, it was destroyed by a cataclysm, the ship was built in a desperate attempt to save humanity. There are still some people there, and a base on Mars, but life sucks there.
>>
>>90681379
I forgot to mention, it's a lighthearted comedy/drama with a bit of adventure.
>>
File: the_shadow_low.jpg (74KB, 400x572px) Image search: [Google]
the_shadow_low.jpg
74KB, 400x572px
A reboot of The Shadow (which actually was supposed to happen at some point).
Stylistically wise it would incorporate aspects of Batman TAS (might as well steal some shit back from Batman), Cowboy Bepop, Samurai Jack and Waltz With Bashir to update the character aesthetically while also keeping the stories grounded in the time period he's supposed to be in.
The character would incorporate aspects from all of his incarnations (radio drama, pulps, novels, movie, etc), as well as aspects from other characters such as Rocambole, Fantomas, Judex, Darkman, etc.

It follows the typical structure set by the radio drama of The Shadow solving weekly crimes and defeating supervillains, however, the storyline's focus is on the main character's development and his growing insanity, as he becomes unable to distinguish himself between his own multiple identities. As the series progresses, he would be indirectly responsible for the creation of other pulp icons such as The Rocketeer and Doc Savage. As such, it would function as also a show that would detail the creation of the pulp heroes (which would lead us to superheroes in general), all started from The Shadow. It would function as a tribute to the character's identities and legacy, above anything else.

The main goal of The Shadow would be to update, develop, deconstruct, and pay homage to the character, to show that he's more than capable of still being unique and interesting even decades after he's been overshadowed by his rip-offs.
>>
>>90665128
I don't know, I don't think I'd care much about the two main characters. They are both lazy, shallow and not really interesting. And I don't think either of them has the determination to actually make it back home, people don't just change overnight, no matter what happens. The impression I got from the character descriptions is that these two would rather give up.
>>
>>90662241
A cartoon were a brother and sister solve mysteries and the sister is a qt goth girl
>>
>>90683067
That would have improved Gravity Falls tenfold
>>
File: Companions.jpg (237KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
Companions.jpg
237KB, 840x525px
>>90679469
>>90676691
>Not that reviewanon, but it sounds like a nice start. It seems like a lot of other Samurai Jack inspired premises, but with a different setting and a bit more lore. Is there anything else that really separates you from Jack?

Well the idea for the entire thing wasn't really inspired from Samurai Jack, but more from the game ELONA. That's where the entire dungeon crawling idea came from and why sci-fi civilizations exists at all next to fantasy civilizations in the dungeon. (as in the ELONA world they have ray guns/other advance technology existing beside fantasy due to the immense passage of time and Etherwinds destroying the civilizations that created them.)

The entire thing is like a dungeon crawler cartoon.
>>
In a world of anthropomorphic animals a young badger receives a call from his childhood friend asking to help investigate the disappearance of her eccentric uncle. Together they set out to uncover many mysteries. The world resembles the sixties Europe, but there are some supernatural elements, although few. Like there is an order of rabbits who build spaceships to get to the moon so that they can wake up an ancient dark spirit sealed there.
>>
>>90665128
shit id see that
>>
Average Joe janitor man finds about some weird nanotech suit thing, fight a bunch of others, and gets tangled in a complex series of events. Monster of the week with overarching plot, everything looks like mechs, martial arts, and very gorey.
>>
>>90679570
The Florida setting is really where Id always wanted to set it since its so insane yet underused. I'd thought of having every Episode title be "Florida girl [Insert situation]..." As a news title would
>>
A dolphingirl keeps kidnapping anon repeatedly and tries to take them to the cave by the beach.
>>
>>90680661
Anon you have to be more clever with your fetish fuel. Watch some episodes of Steven Universe and Totally Spies to see how you properly sneak fetish fuel into a story.

>>90681379
It's a cool premise. I think I'd like to get a better grasp on the tone, but I do like the idea of a carefree coming of age story set against the backdrop of the grim past of humanity and the tentative hope for a better world.

>>90682374
Anon I can't tell you how patrician your taste is. Pulp 30's serials crossed with film noir and 90's cyberpunk is honestly fantastic as a concept, and basing it off a classic IP is only icing on the cake. Honestly anon this idea is 100% worth developing.

>>90686588
The gimmick is a bit weak, how does the janitor being a janitor actually effect the show? Right now it feels like regular action monster of the week stuff.

>>90665128
Actually I agree with >>90682901, the MCs need more work.

>>90683067

I don't think your premise would Pan out well.

>>90684744
The setting is relatively original, and it seems comfy enough as a premise for you to make some fucked up shit (or you know just nice comfy furry animals going on nice cool 60's adventures).

>>90686667
That IS a pretty cool naming scheme.
>>
A series about a school for young circus performers. The only character design I've thought of so far is the human cannonball, dorky and kind of ditzy girl with long frizzy orange hair and buck teeth.
>>
File: IMG_1003.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1003.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>90662241
Buff, Hawaiian, super babe fights crime and the forces of evil in the pacific islands. Then chills the rest of the time.
>>
>>90688956
that sounds cool desu
>>
>>90689245
Okay, thanks
>>
>>90689121
>crime in the pacific islands
On an atoll with a total population of 300 someone stole $1000 worth of coconuts! Can Hauliuhahili'ihuanilihaeka save the day??
>>
>>90689346
Yeah, but there are a shit ton of Polynesian islands in the pacific babe.
>>
>>90688956
Literal clown school feels like an idea both overused and suprisingly fresh at the same tine. I dunno, play around with it, see where it takes you.
>>
A girl with self-worth issues discovers a race of bug people and accidentally squashes their hero, so she has to serve as their guardian.

As she has an arc about finding purpose, the hero (who survived but is now crippled) has his own crisis about losing purpose, and is very hostile towards the girl due to a combination of blame and jealousy.
>>
>>90688631
His job is about to be automated away basically. I had a different idea in mind, but the janitor was something I've been tossing around for a bit.
>>
>>90688631
Als admittedly not fleshing out the concept because muh donut steel.
>>
>>90690811
I guess, but are the viewers just gonna forget that this character is a janitor? When you take away that background premise what does this story become?
>>
An evil overlord falls in love with his rival kingdom's only female Knight Captain and attempts a variety of methods to win her heart which leads to several shenanigans as she attempts to do her job.
>>
File: Tarkin.jpg (198KB, 2048x786px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin.jpg
198KB, 2048x786px
>>90662241
Humans explore space (Tech level is somewhere at the first aliens movie) and encounter aliens. Most of these aliens are utterly incomprehensible and powerful beings, and the ones that are not make up on it by being nasty pieces of shit. Basicly a monster of the week series crossed with select elements of cosmic horror story.

Each episode starts with about five characters, but people die a lot so the cast changes almost entirely in between few episodes.
>>
>>90690854
Probably fight to prevent extinction. The janitor thing might be a part time deal. going for a grumpy average joe, since the other character might not be what allot of folks project themselves onto. Though I'm not planning on multiple seasons.
>>
>>90691158
So Star Trek but just the wacky crazy shit. I like it.
>>
>>90690925
It's a clever concept but I'm not sure how wise it is to stretch out a romantic premise to an entire series.
>>
the MC is a 20-something girl that has shapeshifting powers and uses them to make a living as a bounty hunter, doing all sorts of work across multiple fields, anything from conducting hits for mafia bosses to getting cats out of trees. everyone knows that this shapeshifter is available for hire and how to contact her, but nobody knows her true identity (since she can just change her appearance), so she lives an otherwise normal life so she has some classic "secret identity" issues and work-life balance problems, but finds clever ways to use her powers to solve them.

shortly into the show/comic, she starts receiving strange job requests that lead deeper and deeper into crazy conspiracies and hijinks that she has to overcome with her powers or through character development and tough decision-making.

and just think of the porn

>>90663200
>>90664245
>>90665128
>>90671172
>>90676196
>>90677377
has potential

>>90664205
>LSD trip
>for the rest of the semester
???
>>
>>90695324
any artfags want to help me make it?
>>
>>90694808
>It's a clever concept but I'm not sure how wise it is to stretch out a romantic premise to an entire series.
If done right it can be good. Most things are about execution.

If I was to turn the idea into a cartoon. Each season would be on building their relationship, testing it, and leading to a happy ending y'know.

Season 1: Worldbuilding, Evil Overlord attempting to win the Knight Captain's affections. (Setting it up)

Season 2: Knight Captain and Evil Overlord getting to know each other while performing their respective jobs. (Character Development and motivations)

Season 3: Knight Captain and Evil Overlord's relationship getting put to the test and getting past the hard times that's coming to them thanks to the plot. (Learning each others true values, morals, and ambitions.)

Season 4: Series finale and the resolution between Evil Overlord and Knight Captain affections + main plot. (Cliche as it is. Love makes you do things to be with the person you want to be with.)
>>
>>90695324
Some guy switched out the water tanks in the drink fountains with gallons of a liquid LSD mix. Now the campus gets fizzy soda and juice at the meal hall that has them gone for a week.
>>
2 Alien bros from a race of interdimensional alien conquerers are put in charge of destroying/conquering various planets.
(As a means to get rid of them as they were seen as a nuisance and were generally incompetent by the Alien emperor)
However through hilarious hijinks they actually manage to destroy various world's heroes and defenses ,actually managing to prep up a lot of planets for assimilation.
Since we're going with the whole interdimensional stuff there could pe a lot of potential in playing with various tropes (for example,have a planet basically have animu magical girls as heroes only to have them zapped to dust immediately after a lengthy transformation sequence,another one with caped hero bullshit, eldritch abominations,etc.);
it would be episodic and basically every new episode Alienbros would attempt to conquer a different planet.
>>
>Teens and young adults from all over the world compete in a globally televized talent competition to become the next defenders of the planet from an invading alien force.
>Basically Power Rangers by way of American Idol.

Not really a cartoon, though it could work as one?
I envision live-action, though it could just as easily work as a comic.
>>
A down on his luck mercenary that inherited the wives of a deceased war buddy. It takes place in the far future were things like space elves and space colonies exist (something like Macross F or Cowboy Bebop). The merc's war buddy was a space elf. The elf left the wives to him. Awkward shenanigans ensue.
>>
>>90696466
it could probably work since total drama was a hit
>>
>>90695324
Anon you've gotta make the first sketches on your own. Without commission money nobody's giving you shit.
Anyways, it's nifty. Very "stock superhero premise", but the whole odd jobs plot point adds an interesting variety to the mix.

>>90695570
Anon you do not need four seasons for that plotline. 2 seasons, tops, first season building the relationship, second season maintaining it.

>>90696238
I like it. New setting every week may get tricky, but I think it's a good take on "two bros go on adventures not giving a fuck" that doesn't feel like it'd get stale too quickly. Lots of room for growth and refinement of the formula.

>>90696466
I need more Total Drama in my life. It's simple, short, and too the point. I like that.

>>90696506
This seems like a really funny/depressing anime more than a cartoon. Pretty neat though.
>>
Sleazy 1970s style con artist pretends to be a psychic and somehow finds himself and his clients in trouble with the mob. Now he has to save his and his clients skins while also keeping up the act. The main villain would be an Aleister Crowley type who is the mob's occult guy who might actually have magic powers.
>>
>>90697155
>Anon you do not need four seasons for that plotline. 2 seasons, tops, first season building the relationship, second season maintaining it.
2 Seasons is fine too.
>>
There's two kingdoms, and the nicer one has kept the more brutal one (made up of monsters) at bay via a magic crown that gives their king special powers.

Crown winds up on a person who's tribe has been treated badly by the nicer kingdom, and since it's bonded for life the nicer kingdom has to convince this person to fight the brutal kingdom.

Main Cast:
>MC, with the crown. Initially refuses but his/her empathy gradually expands over time, eventually even to the monsters.
>Ambassador, sent by the kingdom to recruit the MC. Is well-meaning but snooty and initially looks down on the MC's tribe.
>MC's older brother, who is overprotective and wants the MC to stay loyal to the tribe.
>Ambassador's assistant, who is a monster from the brutal kingdom but nigh-worships the ambassador for being the only person remotely nice to him/her. Eventually realizes the relationship is inequal.

Other Cast:
>Prince, who was going to get the crown but is happy he doesn't have to deal with that responsibility.
>Regent, who is overprotective of the prince and overly interested in destroying the monsters.
>Monster King, who was born gimped but climbed to power through cunning and ruthlessness. Resents the MC for getting power for free.

Derived from /co/'s Avatar fanfic.
>>
A kid is forced to move with his family to serve as "human proxies" in Area 51, which has now been established as a faux city where genetically altered human beings are placed and believe they're in a town in Oregon instead of a military base.
There he ensues in hijinks while trying to survive a highschool life as a normal human kid when everyone around him has powers that are X-Men/DBZ tier.

As the series progress, the plot starts becoming darker as the kid starts finding out that the establishment for this faux city is so that they can sort-of brainwash these people into serving and swearing loyalty to the United States goverment through subtle and subliminal methods.
>>
>>90698726
Fire Emblem Fates sucked desu.

In any case, I can actually understand what's happening, which is better than a lot of plot heavy show premises. Reluctant heroes can get a bit tiresome, but they aren't inherently bad. And the cast has serious potential, so long as the dynamics are all there.
>>
>>90689121
I'm already jerking off to it. Serious talk, actual character design. You're ahead of the curve really.

>>90690642
A girl with self-esteem issues who is now seen as the savior of bugs going through life. This somehow hits my fetishes in weird ways, and I appreciate that.

>>90697320
Reigen Psycho 100 in the 70's. Fund it, assholes.
>>
>>90698876
Fish out of water stories are cool. Fish out of water stories where the protagonist is useless by design without serious powercreep/bullshit is a bit less cool, but can be pulled off well. It really depends on how crazy you go with the supporting cast, and whether the protagonist plays off well against them (straight man isn't always the best route to go with these shows).
>>
Basically the idea I had for a show was to make it similar to Ultimate Muscle but in an intergalactic setting and focused on Women MMA fighting.
>>
>>90698909
Never played FEF. How much does the plot have in common?
>>
A loose adaptation of Champions with a cast of Laura Kinney, Kamala, Robbie Reyes, Sam and Miles.
It would be about them trying to befriend a girl and keep an eye on her by having her go on a road trip with them to a secluded SHIELD base in New Mexico at Nick Fury's request (one of them having convinced Nick to have them go their way on delivering the girl) without telling her.
The girl is actually the daughter of Adam Warlock with a human, and the road trip is actually a experiment to see if they can trust her and manage to teach her how to control her abilities which are mostly used through means of conveying emotion.
>>
>>90699274
It's about Good Kingdom and Evil Kingdom, and the lost heir of GK being raised as a prince of EK. Some ambassadors of GK wind up attacking the hero, and they discover their heritage and destiny. Bullshit ensues as both sides try to convince the hero to join them. Further bullshit ensues after the hero makes their choice.
>>
>>90699184
WRESTLE LESBIANS IN SPAAAAACE

Start it up.

>>90699489
It feels like one episode in a series, but a damn good episode. Why Marvel has utterly failed to capitalize on this and make their own Teen Titans is beyond me.
>>
Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that’s where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit.
>>
>>90662450
>>90664605

Cool. Yes.

>>90663200
Don't know what the 'cradle of civilization' is

>>90663482
Lame, sorry bro. I just don't like stuff with too much singing. Kids would probably love it though if the band were funny... say, like the Aquabats or whatever.

>>90664034
Yes but make the bees look like transformers to other bugs but to people they just look like regular little bees.

>>90664205
Well if it's not just episodic random shit: the show and actually has some retarded ass plots with people high as shit trying to solve problems then fuck yeah.

>>90664245
That is so fucking gay dude. Just... so fucking gay.

>>90664501
I like it. It could get boring but I like it.

>>90665074
I could see this being a thing on Adult Swim. Might watch.

>>90665128
>>90667411
Has potential. A little generic. I wouldn't watch it but I might've if I were a kid.

>>90667010
This seems like it'd be a GREAT show for girls.

>>90667816
I'm confused but it sounds interesting. Your hero sounds fucking awful though, at least give him one admirable quality, he sounds like if you took Chandler from Friends and took all his humour, drive and aspiration from him and made him much more depressing. Either that or he's you.

>>90668085
>>90669024
>>90672657

I'd watch. These ones are awesome, I'd like to see them more developed though but maybe don't post your developments on here in case they get stolen.

>>90677343
That sounds cool. Need to know moar though.
>>
>>90699489
If we can say comics we'd like to adapt into cartoons then I'll say Young Justice (but not teen drama shit, I mean original, funny Young Justice) and Impulse.
>>
Teenage girl bounty hunter in space. Ranges from action, drama, and comedy
>>
>>90701291
Seems a little generic
>>
>>90662241
Usually I'm not one to judge off of a premise, but there's one I've been thinking up. Here's the pilot.

Takes place in Bangor, ME. Jolyne Smith has been going to John Bapst. High for 3 months. She has super strength, but mostly from super healing abilities so it's not Superman-tier from the outset. She's spent the past 2 years crossing country, blending into whatever school community she ends up at for a while before moving on unnoticed. About to move out of the abandoned house she's secretly holed up in, the school secretary, Karen Whittaker, notices something wrong with all the paper forgeries, and discovers Jo's situation.

She thinks to offer her a place to stay, at least for a while, but when she returns, the house has been destroyed. Evidence points to "Alexei," a Polish criminal who, it turns out, can "beast out" into a rock monster as his power. There are more of these.

After finding Jo's next hiding spot (a parking garage), Karen tries to drag her out of there, partly feeling responsible. There's an exchange where it's implied that Jo has lost more than just her parents (they will be named as the show goes on). Suddenly, Alexei shows up, and while the police are able to keep him pinned down, Jo ultimately has to lend her strengths to the effort.

It's at this point where Jo has a come-around. Realizing the extent to which Karen is trying to look out for her, she takes on Alexei of her own accord, with a dropkick from the top of the building. It's enough to stop him, but Jo's leg bones are shattered. The police hand Alexei over to a secret service agent, and Jo limps out of the way. In that moment, Karen rushes over and makes a splint, chastising Jo for being reckless, to which she can only agree.

From here, a friendship is born. Karen finished off the splint, Jo brings up her homework, they share a laugh. Hearing about Karen offering her a place to stay, Jo takes her up on it, if only until she can find her own place. End episode 1.
>>
>>90667010
I would read that webcomic in a heartbeat
>>
A cartoon set in the Valiant Entertainment universe, starting with X-O Manowar and culminating into Unity and GATE. Maybe even cover Harbinger too.

I would fucking sell as many orphans and body parts as I need to in order to see this happen. I am so very fucking serious that you don't even know, man. You don't even know!
>>
A sorcerer guarding our realm from the next lives his life saving the world and indulging in his whims, drinking, sleeping, ect. One day, a woman he met one night bringing a kid she says is his. How does she know? The daughter, a girl around 12 or 13, has started showing signs of magical abilities and the mother can't protect her from the monsters that are attracted to that magical scent. So he takes them in, hoping to build a family, if not with the mother, at least with the daughter, training the girl to harness her gift.

So far my idea for the main villain is going to be a man who cannot use magic himself, but has collected a variety of magical rings some of which include a time-stopping ring, a physical ability increasing ring, and a ring that stores the lives of those he kills that he can give one up to revive himself from a mortal wound (which is actually part of his eventual big season/series finally plot.

I've already decided that the christmas special would basically be an homage to its a wonderful life, where he realizes that yes, his daughter would have had a better, safer life if he wasn't the father, but she goes into this magical simulation hes using to see this and tells him that she doesn't care, she wants the dad she has now.
>>
>>90704253
My only criticism is the sudden change in character after his new family enters his life.
If he's a fucking playboy who drinks/smokes/fucks all he likes, suddenly setting down with a woman and teaching a daughter he never knew existed wouldn't match up with that lifestyle in any way.
>>
>>90704329
Good point, maybe I should start with a two or three parter where he would initally reject them, but somehow come to the realization that he should at least give fatherhood, if not full blown family a shot
>>
An archaeology trade school located in the middle of no where. A girl who feels stuck and wants somethig more out of her normal school life is our lead in into the school, but the series showcases various characters. In this world, however, archaeology isn't just some boring day dusting fossils. It's month long expeditions searching for mer-people, werewolve's, and cloud gods while fighting of evil rival gangs.

Main characters:
>Lacey-Under achieving follower that wants to be a leader. Has a short attention span and can sometimes be soft spoken. Wants recognition. Is attracted to a demon.
>Frida-Lacey's roommate. Spunky, easy going, reliable. Has a world famous explorer as a sister and hates it. Lives for herself.
>Big Joe-Looks like a bully, but is just a loner by choice. Has underclass body guards. A man of few words and is always seen chewing gum. Muscles and brain.
>Professor V-A velociraptor professor who appears to be immortal. Is a living encyclopedia. Can talk for hours about any given subject. Teaches history classes. Is visited every 10 years by a demon.
>Demon-Asshole who just wants to fuck everyone's shit up for fun. Made a pact with Professor V to make him immortal. A shapeshifter. Rude, blunt, hates babies. Fucks with Lacey's feelings but really wants to add her to his collection of concubines when she dies.
>Sachie-Blasian. The smartest person on campus. Total cunt and gives people monotone reality checks. Enjoys tactical planning for hypothetical wars. Secretly fantasizes about being desiging editorial runway fashion.

I think with this my issue is creating too many characters. Well, that's my problem with all my ideas actually, just making alot of characters with no plans
>>
File: Diesel.jpg (189KB, 657x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Diesel.jpg
189KB, 657x1024px
Adapt Diesel into a cartoon

We license the animation out to David production

They license it out to a shitty Korean studio
>>
File: lenin.jpg (4MB, 2400x3176px) Image search: [Google]
lenin.jpg
4MB, 2400x3176px
liberty kids but instead of it being in america circa 1776 it'll be russia circa 1917
>>
A person has their brain copied and put into a robot. They're not scientists or anything - They just agreed to be the test subject in exchange for lots of money.

One year later, the person pulls a massive murder-suicide, and the authorities demand that the robot be destroyed.

Robot escapes and goes on the run, having an identity crisis along the way.
>>
a medieval fantasy comic about a dentist keeping harbringers of the apocalypse at bay through dentistry
>>
>>90662450
I remember the thread for this and it sounds great. I've actually mentioned it to a few irl friends who've all said that they'd love to watch it.
>>
File: kadaumy1.jpg (438KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
kadaumy1.jpg
438KB, 2448x3264px
>>90662241
It's a planetary romance in a desert world sitting on the bud of a cosmic flower called Vermund. There are 24 cities total with an angel inhabiting its undercity responsible for it's existance. It's a world born from the 1st dimension, the aparnet, which for most of eternity was populated by emotionless digital avatars called Enoch that made up the fabric of that dimension. After a long run of history in attempt to create the perfect world the Enoch inhabit the imperfect world they had accidentally created in their journey for perfection. The story centers around the Enoch Edose and an artificially created angel with human appearance named Kadaumy. Edose was tasked with traveling to City Polite to deliver the recently manufactured angel to a facility in Polite that could transform him into a being of pure energy like how natural Angels of the world regularly exist. However on the way Edose and Kadaumy extravagantly lose all their funding money in a chase from a clown in a festival. The entirety of season 1 revolves around Edose and Kadaumy working odd jobs to reclaim their loss under the lie Edose feverishly concocted that it was their inheritance from their dead parents and as brothers they have to honor their memory by slaving away. Due to Edose's enochian super intelligence but streetwise naivety and Kadaumy's angelic heart they stumble into conspiracy and hilarious adventures as they run the cogs of City Polite. Much of the drama of the story is character driven as Edose wrestles with the conflict of fulfilling his objective with creating a perfect world so he can save his long lost brother from the encrypted remnants of the arpanet and his growing attachment to Kadaumy who resembles his original brother so much. And also their interactions with 2 other characters that complete the maincast, 1 of which actively redpills Kadaumy and seems to bump into them a lot as he works hilariously corrupt government jobs. The other MC is autist neet forced to work
>>
A boy is strung into sailing the seas to catch every fish in the world for a old man's mysterious collection. He must endure and battle through anyone and anything discovering lost history as well as friends and enemies on the way.
>>
>>90705555
reminds me of flapjack except with more fighting and actually being an adventurer

Also nice quads
>>
It has ALL the waifus!
>>
The main character is all of the world's evil incarnate in a fantasy world.

Rather than try and conquer the world or plunge it into eternal darkness they begin their life as a vegabond avoiding their ultimate calling in life and solve crisis sparked by their crazy fan club members and Heroes of the land.
>>
>>90664501
Is this Legion's Season 2 plot?
>>
File: betty.jpg (26KB, 780x521px) Image search: [Google]
betty.jpg
26KB, 780x521px
>>90669473
I once had the idea of a blue collar kind of guy who comes across an alien that bonds to his body. The creature is an alien princess, from a ruthless warrior society, who he can transform into. Howeer, because his mental association of aliens is with superheroes, he gains the ability to turn into "Supergirl" (if I ever really made it, I would replace it with my own in-universe famous character.)

It wasn't even meant to be fetishy*. Mostly, it would be about the concept of identity. Can you be a superhero, in a world where the superhero you're becoming isn't real? How does this simple guy, who feels unfulfilled in his life, deal with suddenly having all this power? How does that princess deal with going from royalty, to becoming tied to a simple man, and forced to look like some comic book heroine if she wants to be in control? And now, as a woman of war, she now has to embody a superhero, some symbol of peace? And of course, how does this guy deal with being able to be a different gender? And did he subconsciously choose the form of a superhero as wish fulfillment?

(The plot would have this guy, who wants to left alone, having to fight other aliens, who want to destroy his alien passenger, and other enemies. The blue collar farmer, and the haughty princess, would have to learn how to work together.)

*Though the "superhero" form does look like Lili Reinhart (pic related).
>>
>>90703973
So, you want it, is what you're saying?
>>
>>90664205
>One group of students attempts to fuck with the flow of time by changing the clocks in the IT center.

This is hilarious to me.

>>90664034
I like this.

>>90663200
Something about this is funny to me.

>>90662450
I like setting it in the Great Depression.
>>
>>90706914
ALL OF THEM!

>>90705555
That old man sounds like a real taskmaster.
>>
>>90707524
I like the idea, but not the Supergirl part, I think it would work better with him turning into a completely new girl.
>>
>>90662241
Humans gain superpowers by fusing with aliens or spiritual deitys to battle supervillains, powers being represented through symbols in their eyes. Would have continuity and 30 minute episodes. All main characters would be 21+
>>
A bankrupt man is called by an anonymous hotline and blackmailed into donning a mask, infiltrating a building of Russian mob agents and killing everyone inside. Unwillingly, he does the job and receives a hefty payment for it, and is offered the opportunity to kill and rob more of them for more money. Tipped off only by veiled messages left on his answering machine, the man is sent to squash various mafia operations, to cattle them back from their position of controlling the city from the sidelines.

Though at first he rationalizes this job with the pay he needs, the blackmail material they have on him, and the criminal nature of who he's killing, he becomes increasingly and gleefully violent during his heists, which leaves him questioning and frightened of himself. As his persona becomes more and more notorious in the criminal underground, he finds himself slipping into mania and hallucinations, and is driven to the brink before deciding that he needs to track down the people leaving him messages to discover the reasons for their conflict with the mafia, and put an end to his employment with them.
>>
>>90705446
Okay, thanks
>>
>>90703210
So basically the high school superhero with a bit more realism and darkness incorporated into the plot and setting? Sounds like a nice start. I really like having the adults not be useless, and the hero not completely OP.

>>90704253
The incorporation of a mother figure turns this premise from something akin to The Last of Us to something akin to The Incredibles, and I can aprpeciate that. There's a lot of room for what the kids these days call "the feels".

>>90704454
Magic high school settings are really a dime a dozen, but we haven't gotten a good swashbuckling rip roaring danger diving adventure cartoon since the heyday of the 90's, and I need more of that in my life.

>>90704557
Gradually adapt every part of Jojo from 3 to 6, replacing the settings with shitty American counterparts, so now Part 4 takes place in California, Part 5 in New Jersey, and Part 6 inexplicably in Virginia. Then we have an uncomfortable flashback to Part 1 and Part 2, then Part 7 is incorperated into the mainline universe along with Part 8.

>>90704619
Da.

>>90705348
This sounds really stupid. So stupid, I'd watch 6 seasons of it.

>>90705526

That's a lot of exposition for a "two mismatched characters work quirky odd jobs in a weird city".

>>90707242
It's like that one anime about the lazy Samurai dude, but actually funny. Just kids dicking around and getting into weird situations. I like it.

>>90707524
You took a fetish fuel premise and turned it into something amazing. The relationship between the leads reminds me of Kill la Kill, but the plot itself could very well be anything. I think that the show works perfectly well if the fictional character the hero turns into isn't the actual DC Supergirl, and then you could incorporate the creators of the character into the plotline.

>>90709638
Wacky shonen battle anime is my fetish. Get on it.

>>90709882
Hotline Miami The Animated Series is something we all want to see in our lifetimes.
>>
>>90712143
>high school superhero
Yeah, I have a bunch of ideas floating around for episodes, with some seasonal plot points peppered in to keep continuity. I'm not gonna lie, it's a little ambitious in my head.

>7 seasons
>a 2-hour finale
>hidden clues in most episodes
>a Washington, D.C. trip arc
>several characters changing jobs, homes
>animated in-house
>airing on AMC, HBO, or something willing to throw more than $200,000 per 5 seasons at a project

I'm a dreamer, but if I could make it work out, I'd be a happy man. I'd probably need to build my name first, though.
>>
Set on a small town on an isolated island. Split into 3 main acts.

First act is a cutesy SoL with a running theme of denial, but every now and then you'll see signs of a murder or creepy-looking monster in the background. These become more obvious as time goes on.

In the second act, a new character (our MC) is introduced who can see the monsters and starts freaking out, trying to figure out why no one else can.

In the third act, the MC meets the local crazy loner, who can also see them, and he explains the situation: The monsters spawn from bad deeds, and become more aggressive the more you acknowledge their presence. Everyone else in town can see them, but is purposely ignoring them to avoid being devoured.

The loner can't live like that and chooses to keep them at bay with stuff like bear traps, guns, and his personal bunker, and wants the MC to join him.

The MC realizes everyone on the island, including himself, has already died, and deduces that letting the monsters take them is the only way off the island. But the loner is afraid of what's waiting on the other side for him, and doesn't want the MC to leave him all alone again. Conflict ensues.
>>
>>90707598

Yes, and soon. Preferably based on the 2012 reboot.
>>
>>90713050
This feels like a pilot for a miniseries, not a full show.
>>
>>90698976
I appreciate the praise, not the jerking off part.
>>
>>90715220
That part was half in-jest. Hawaiian settings are relatively underutilized, and are always a treat to watch.
>>
>>90712761
Tbh anon you could always try and make a webcomic first. Usually first ideas aren't as good as what follows.
>>
>>90715258
agreement, and I wanna make sure I get it right, so I'm still doing reseach.
>>
>>90664245
/a/ plz go
>>
5 corrupt members of the us house of representatives (3 republicans and 2 democrats) get unusual superpowers and team together to use their abilities to gain political favors. Comedic tone with monster/politicain of the week episodes and a larger arc about getting enough support to impeach the POTUS happening in the background.
>>
>>90664501
Are you Neil Breen
>>
File: its-been-84-years-meme-titanic.jpg (203KB, 380x317px) Image search: [Google]
its-been-84-years-meme-titanic.jpg
203KB, 380x317px
>>90662450
Why the age limit my man
>>
>>90717383
I'd watch a shonen battle series with aging politicians.

Can't wait for the 20 part Obamacare arc.
>>
>>90717885
What do you mean?
>>
>>90718403
>ages 19 to 83
>>
>>90718447
Yeah, of the main characters for the planned show, the youngest is 19 and the oldest is 83.
>>
File: Edose1.jpg (431KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Edose1.jpg
431KB, 2448x3264px
>>90712143
>That's a lot of exposition for a "two mismatched characters work quirky odd jobs in a weird city".
I wanted to get some background in because after season 1 the story evolves from happygolucky episodic wageslave misadventures to dancing a dance with heathen gods fate of reality sort of thing.

Really the show starts with them getting to City Polite under vague pretenses and losing all their money and the audience is under the impression that these two really are just two regular brothers with a huge inheritance and that facade unravels through the audience's own logical deduction as season 1 goes until just before the end when the reveal comes out

Also the show is called Perfect World. Would you watch it?
I wish I had more recent character concepts but my drawings are in another house and all I have is year old shit I uploaded to imgur.
>>
>>90719220
I live for convoluted plots, but you'd need to be careful with how you dripfeed information. Exposition dumps really don't work in visual mediums.
>>
File: Samael1.jpg (391KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Samael1.jpg
391KB, 2448x3264px
>>90719329
The way I'd dripfeed the information is that is by causing a dissonance between the supposed premise and information given to make people wonder (though ofcourse a lot of people might jump the gun and conclude it's messy storytelling)
For example a casual bit of lore will be fed to the audience at somepoint in the show. The scene won't focus on the info it'll just be something a character offhandedly says like "Yeah Enoch are the (((chosen People))) Bah! ungrateful immortals think we're nothing but resources in a computer." under the current pretense Kadaumy is a human and Edose's brother but how does that work if their different races, especially given one of the races is immortal and predates existence. There's something going on here.

You're probably wondering wouldn't kadaumy ask questions
Kadaumy would never really ask personal questions about their past or why he can't remember anything beyond a couple months ago because supposedly he's a teenager. By the end of the season though (in a drama heavy argument about Edose finally confronting Kadaumy on the matter due to frustration and grief) Kadaumy tells Edose that he knew all along that he wasn't human, or his brother, and always had the impression there was some greater fate reserved for him. He relented from pressing the idea because he was afraid if the facade was broken they wouldn't be like brothers anymore.

There would also be the way Edose talks to certain characters that suggest a history
And I would also like to play around with cartoon concepts and have them justified by in-world logic (of course at first the audience would think oh well it's a cartoon doesn't need to make sense) Like Edose gets his head chopped off but because his anatomy is just a mycelium of nerve endings his head can still talk and his body can be clumsy looking for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 1024x672px
>>90662241
It's about this kid and his father who go around an unexplored, almost post-apocalyptic territory, reporting their findings.
The land in question of course is filled to the brim with all kinds of freaks, going from ghosts, mutants, demented or zombified people, monster girls with a lust for children, eldritch creatures and other peeps.

Each episode would focus on whatever creature or anomaly our protagonists encounter, think of someting like Courage the Cowardly Dog.

thoughts
>>
>>90717427
Why?
>>
>>90662241
Alright, new question:
Describe your premise as x meets y. Can be anything, a cartoon, comic, video game, album, etc.
>>
File: 46456491645154156.jpg (20KB, 634x314px) Image search: [Google]
46456491645154156.jpg
20KB, 634x314px
>>90668085

I like it alot feels very Warhammer to me
>>
>>90720850
An overpowered, good natured, philosophy spouting MC is a one way ticket to Mary Sue Town. If I was the network executive that just heard that elevator pitch this is what i'd tell you.

1) Faux-high concept shit only really works with strict limitations on powers. See how long it takes you to write a handful of problems that the MC can't solve the with telepathy. If every obstacle the MC faces is just an edgy, dark version of himself then you run into the MCU villain problem.

2) If you want to have a character that ends up mental because of his powers the audience needs clear indication on how far gone the protagonist is mentally without taking a psych class; Death Note is the best example I can think of.

3) We better get some backstory. Regular people with fantastic powers aren't always going to do amazing things or have a huge knowledge of philosophy. This is why I think you are a real human Breen. His protagonists are always perfect in their way of thinking all the time and everyone need to be saved or punished by the Breen. This is not to say you can't write a character like this but intelligent altruism doesn't come out of thin air. If the audience knows your MC's backstory it can lend a lot to your MC's believeability.

tl;dr
The idea has potential but I wouldn't watch your show based on your pitch alone.
>>
>>90721415
Not that anon but I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on some of the other pitches. >>90667010 is something I'm actually writing (and later will be drawing), I'd be curious to see any big holes you see in the premise.
>>
>>90720836
I think if you went really weird with the show (like Courage), you'd really have something. Actual father-son relationships rather than father figure relarionships are rare in media.
>>
In 1920's-like world with supernatural elements four teenagers meet on a train.

One of them is a princess of a small but important country travelling incognito after her family has been murdered in a revolution. She is a bit vain, but smart and she received excellent education. She is looking for a man who used to be her father's general but was banished long ago. It looks like she wants to restore her power, but she actually has other motives. Aslo she is accompanied by a spirit of her mentor, and has some paranormal abilities, like sometimes seeng visions of the future.

Another is a redhead tomboy thief. She's brash and cocky, but actually has confidence issues in her personal life. Her parents are in jail for participating in a local branch of the group that brought down the princess's family. She likes experimenting with chemistry, especially blowing up stuff. She's always on the move due to the nature of her craft. She's actually troubled by her inability to bond with people, even though she denies it.

The third is a son of an important government official. He is helping his father, who's tasked with investigating a series of terroristic acts around the country, by traveling around and gathering information. Rational, attentive and somewhat reserved. Has strong views of right and wrong, determined to prove himself to his father. His strong morals seem to be a bit hypocritical though, given that he knows some important information about one of his father's cases, but doesn't tell him. He's decided to solve it on his own.

The fourth is a somewhat absent-minded comic relief guy with good combat skills. And, um, well, I don't know, I don't have much on him yet. He's probably cursed or something, but the curse is not really bad, it actually gives him some cool abilities, but there's some drawback.

So they meet and it turns out they all have reasons to stick together for now. Adventures and drama ensue.
>>
File: churchill on the move.jpg (139KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
churchill on the move.jpg
139KB, 800x600px
a semi-comedic show about a tank force operating in north africa

a mix of dad's army and fury, with stupid shenanigans when not shooting the enemy and getting dead serious when rolling out
>>
>>90662241
Adventure show, but done from the perspective of the side kick.
Begins at childhood but every season is just a year.
Lighthearted early on but as they get older it turns slightly darker when they understand the consequences of failure.

Show ends with side kick ultimately sacrificing himself so the hero can finish the job.
>>
>>90721825
Supernatural 20's settings are underrated. From what I can tell this premise is about Commies and Russians with the names replaced. There's clearly some thought put into the backstory, but it doesn't feel too complicated. And honestly I really just want to see Korra done right.
>>
>>90667010
I like this one but I'm going to nitpick all the little things I didn't like.

1) If I were you I would cut the suicide, hormonal teens in a small town have enough psychological issues as it is. Unless the suicide plays into the lore or is a setup for a big reveal in the second act of your story, it kinda comes off as being edgy for edgy's sake.

2) Don't be so quick to through out older tropes. Closed off old towns don't usually modernize as fast as the rest of the world. Hell, there are still sharecroppers in Mississippi trying to pay off their families debt. Letting certain things in your town get stuck in the resent and far pass can help sell the what kind of town it is.

Also the great thing about 80's high school cliches it that anyone can recognize them. You can let your reader get an instant impression of what kind of role a side character fills in the social hierarchy. Then, turn that first impression on its head once Tumblr-lite enters their dream and sees them from a new angle.

Plus, Gravity Falls and Stranger Things proved that using simple 80's tropes can make a somewhat nerdy main cast shine when they face the bitchy cheerleader or the rude jock or the cranky baby boomer parents.

Maybe its personal taste but I think 80's and 90's tropes can make a world of difference.

3) I'm glad you take inspiration from SU because SU has a lot of bad episodes. But if you have a good enough character dynamic between the main cast then you audience can forgive you if you decide to experiment the tone or structure in a bad way. Polish the dialogue and facial expressions of the main cast to a mirror shine; it will make or brake a show/comic like this.

4) Decide your audience now. You seem to have a lot of cool ideas that would appeal to niche groups of people that don't overlap. I love Homestuck but i'd be embarrassed if anyone over 35 found out i read it, Also I don't expect any of my 20 something peers to understand by love of Hogan's Heroes.
>>
>>90723263
cont.
Write down the kind of people you would expect to enjoy you show/comic and tailor accordingly. Also if you plan to show this to anyone you want money from think about what they might like to see. Or don't artistic integrity is almost as good as money.

5) Lastly brainstorm with other people. Varied structures come from varied minds and can give insights into different psychological issues. I like to think that I can write a ton of different characters in unique stories, but then I read it and it sounds like everything else I ever wrote. If you can write a millennial teens, eldritch horror, and psychoanalytical adventures better than you can write anything else then let that be the core of your show/comic. And when it comes time to write another part of your world then look to other people for inspiration.

I hope that helps
>>
>>90723647
*money from anyone
>>
>>90664245
This is honestly awesome! Don't listen to the haters m8, make this happen. Doesn't have to be a show tho
>>
>>90722265
This is great.

My friend was just talking about Mad Max Fury Road and how refreshing he tough it was to see a film about beeing a good teammate rather than the main character always having to be the hero or the leader. I seem to be taking that thought to great places there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 667x720px
>>90689346
>hasn't watched Hawaii Five O
>>
>>90662241
A stage magician who uses actual magic and his little brother who's in high school (or middle school) fights to protect the world from monsters.

The show centres around the brothers, with somewhat of a Monster of the Week setup, with an overarching story going on behind the scenes.

The main story arc is about what the monsters actually are, and the sort of "secret society" that regulates the magic of the world. Pretty much all magic users are stage magicians, and they have mostly only used their powers for entertainment for thousands of years, save for a few who use it practically, for the safekeeping of the world.
>>
>>90723263
Thanks for these notes, they're actually really helpful. I like posting my rough works on 4chan, they're good for feedback.

The suicide is there mainly as a device to tie in the plots together in season 1. Because a lot of characters were close or at least affected by them, it's a nice tool to move from one character to the next.

You make a good argument for the old tropes. At the very least creating parallels between old archetypes and modern archetypes would help a lot.

I suspect I'll draw in a lot of the Homestuck crowd (which includes people from Tumblr, yes, but also in part Reddit and 4chan), though not nearly as autistic of a fanbase because of the more realistic premise. /co/ might like it because of the inevitable waifuposting.

But seriously though, this is some top tier feedback.
>>
>>90726335
No problem,

Good luck with making your idea happen
>>
>>90709226
Yeah, just has to be a famous hero in-universe.

>>90712143
Thanks. I hadn't even considered the creators meeting their own creation!
>>
Animated short about a therapist providing a counselling service for silent bumblebees.
>>
>>90662241
space adventure comedy
Two ragtag young troubled brothers need the help of a dangerous intergalactic female space fugitive to uncover the mysteries of their past and find their long lost parents.
>>
>>90705348
if it was anything like Innkeepers in the Clean Sweep series I'd watch it
>>
A man armed with only a sword and a mysterious list travels to a vaguely medieval village. He unsuccessfully attacks a well-respected priest, and is fended off by angry villagers. A woman is cast out with him, as she was wrongfully blamed as an accomplice due to pure bad luck.

The two outcasts stick together in the unforgiving wild outside the walled village. The woman (the true main character), is a devout priestess and continues to practice her faith despite the circumstances, leading to friction between the pair.

Over the course of the story, the man opens up about his life, and explains that he is actually an assassin who works for a member of the Royal Family, however, his targets are all incredibly evil people. He shows her his list, which only contains thirteen names. He explains that if he can kill every person on the list, his wife will not be executed.

The story follows the two as they hunt down and destroy the sinners on the list. Two names are already crossed out from the get-go, but some uncrossed names of note include: "Father Disio, Lloyd the Deserter, and Red-Hands," among others.

Each enemy on the list that is encountered has their own story and unique fighting style (or lack there of) that challenges the protagonists perceptions. It is implied early on that not every person on the list may be as wicked as the assassin believes.

I could keep talking, but that's enough paragraphs. It should be suffice to say that more than a fair share of developments occur, and that the relationship between the assassin and the woman is heavily focused on.
>>
Saturday morning cartoon about a fantasy kingdom whose capital city has suddenly fallen under the influence of an evil warlock who was sealed away in a book until he was found by accident. Set in the same sort of tone as the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.
Lead protagonists:
>The Princess, a curious young woman who acts as the party Fighter/Paladin. She is competent, but a bit bossy and her character development focuses on her learning to trust the other members of the party, lightening up, and that she needs to listen to other people. Secretly, she was the one who opened the book containing the warlock, but only she knows it.
>The Apprentice, a rotund boy with a huge inferiority complex surrounding his teacher, the nation's High Wizard (who was turned to stone). He is the Magic-User, and his character development focuses on not only becoming confident, but also studying, learning self-discipline, and becoming more capable.
>The Sneak, a relatively poor girl who learned to steal because her family was poor. Her cavalier attitude runs contrary to the Princess a lot, she is the group's Thief, and her character development focuses on her becoming less greedy and selfish (she continues to swindle and steal even after her family becomes more wealthy, which leads her to realize that she's afraid of becoming poor again and she needs to overcome it).
>The Outlander, who is basically a wild child and easily the physically strongest of the group. He was originally an ordinary boy with anger issues, but when the Warlock turned his family to stone, he became a rage-fueled and mostly silent warrior bent on defeating the evil magician and getting his family back. His character development focuses around getting him to learn to express his emotions and thoughts rather than just lashing out violently.
(Cont)
>>
>>90705555
Sounds like a pretty fresh idea, actually! I really like the concept.

>>90728630
I'd watch it, so long as the girl isn't annoying. The guy sounds more interesting if I'm being honest. Is this a plot-twist heavy idea? Those can be kind of annoying when you start devolving into shocking swerves.
>>
>>90728691
The antagonists:
>The Goblins, a bunch of incompetent but numerous minions who are formed of dark magic and don't really have any personality or mind of their own.
>The Dark Knights, red-clad warriors of darkness who are capable of facing the entire group singlehandedly. The Warlock's enforcers.
>The Warlock is a master of dark magic with the personality and voice of GI : Resolute's Cobra Commander. He traps the vast majority of the kingdom under a series of magical spells that turn the inhabitants to stone, the focus for these spells being crystal pillars the heroes try to destroy. The reason why he hasn't trapped the entirety of the kingdom within the stones is simple: he is sustained by devouring positive emotions, like hope, so he literally needs to keep some of the kingdom functional or his strength would eventually fade and the spell would be dispelled anyways.
>>
>>90728871
I wouldn't exactly call it "plot-twist heavy" since a lot of the surprises can probably be seen coming a mile away by such savvy gentlemen like yourselves. For instance, I doubt that anyone here wouldn't be able to guess that "The Deserter" actually just doesn't want to fight anymore, and his interactions might lead to a more tragic episode.

I'd prefer to have interesting concepts done well over simply trying to surprise the audience constantly.

Although, there are a few "plot-twists," although they're not the Darth Vader variety.

For instance, after ten of the thirteen marks are dead, the assassin faces a new mysterious foe who fights very similarly to him. He finds out that he is fighting another assassin from his hometown, and that this new assassin also has a kill list... The catch is, it only has one name on it. The girls.
>>
>>90728024
>>90727867
Both of these shows sound like classic Adventure Time. Which isn't actually a bad thing, lazy adventures in space/beeville sounds really cool and i teresting. The space premise in particular could very well go in very heavy and LORE deep places.

>>90728630
It feels very Berserk-esque, and I can't get enough of that. The whole boss-rush formula is also one of my favorite tropes, from No More Heroes to Kill Bill. And of course the classic sin and punishment motif. Really classy job, all around.

>>90728691
I think a nice light hearted saturday morning cartoon is what we all need in our lives. That being said this is clearly a take on SMCs that has an outlook shaped by more mature works. The characters seem well realized, and if the character dynamics really click it could be something special.
>>
>>90662241
> Medieval city is besieged by some undead overlord motherfucker 24/7
> World outside is in eternal winter, everyone has to live in the cellars, in the city walls, in hovels; there's barely any food or warmth around
> Be main character, son of an outside wall guard
> Dad gets promoted to palace guard
> Palace is warm as fuck, full of food and entertainment; lord of the city is some fat hedonist fuck gorging himself on food while peasants outside are dying, [insert viva la revolucìon arc]
> Meet his daughter, hot as fuck, [insert vague prophecy and magic shit]
> Has a cousin, her betrothed, [insert love triangle and drama]
> Lord of the city used to be a peasant and overthrew undead overlord motherfucker before he was an undead overlord motherfucker; they used to be friends, [insert their tragic backstories, and make good and bad more grey than black and white (because everything nowadays needs to do that)]
> Big finale, city vs. undead overlord motherfucker
>Half the cast dies, except girl
>Bittersweet ending
>>
>>90729098
It's just like one of my Japanese Animes.

It's decent, but it feels very much a collage of other ideas. I can't tell where the main focus of this is supposed to be.
>>
So my idea is that way way back in the 1980's secret government employees dug up famous guys and ladies and made amusing genetic copies.
>>
File: 1478379263459.jpg (38KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478379263459.jpg
38KB, 800x540px
>>90721759
Yeah that's what I would try to do if for some reason I actually get the opportunity to flesh out the idea.

With the advantages of animation, it would be pretty neat to show off those strange creatures while giving them some comedic elements to keep things lively.
>>
>>90724287
Yeah I enjoyed that shit, kinda rare to see that.
>>
>>90729091
>I think a nice light hearted saturday morning cartoon is what we all need in our lives. That being said this is clearly a take on SMCs that has an outlook shaped by more mature works. The characters seem well realized, and if the character dynamics really click it could be something special.
Thanks. I was thinking of having a callback along the following lines:
>The Warlock freezes the Queen in place when she defends her daughter
>The King angrily asks the Warlock "Why? Why are you doing this?" as he attacks the evil magic-user
>The Warlock laughs and says, "'Why'? There is no 'why'. Only 'How'. And the answer is dark magic."
>He then proceeds to petrify the king and taunt the Princess, she takes up his sword in desperation.
A bit of an illustration that he's just plain evil, and he's doing it because he can.
And when the final confrontation finally happens:
>Everything is falling down around the Warlock
>He raises his fists in a scream of rage and falls to his knees.
>"How? How have you gotten this far? How have you defeated me? I'm superior to all of you in every way!"
>"You should have asked 'Why', Warlock! The answer is 'Because I have something, someone, to fight for!'"
>Destroys the book once and for all
>>
>>90729206
So now the clones are sexy teens now, and they're gonna make it if they try?
>>
I always wanted to make cartoons based off of legends of the past.

Tragedy of Baba the Witch

-In the cold Eastern Tsardom there is a large forest with a house on chicken feet. Within this chicken foot house lives the young witch known as Baba and who dreams of becoming a Tsardom Court Witch by practicing magic, spells, incantations, and potions everyday.
-After a brief encounter with the Princess Vasilisa who became lost in Baba's Forest while playing and saw Baba's amazing ability in magic, she gets invited back with her to the kingdom to undergo training to become a Court Witch.
-A major problem for Baba is that Koschei the Head Court Wizard seeking immortality/her instructor in becoming a Court Witch wants her to practice black magic, and wants her new friend Vasilisa to become his young bride.
-There is also a huge conflict between the Court Witchs and Wizards who dislike each others methods in using magic whose fighting draws in the growing Eastern Church and a Inquisition lead by a man named Rasputin who wants to get close to the Tsardom's Royal Family.

Story focused on Baba and Princess Vasilisa attempting to resolve the issues at hand. Both of the girls friendship is strictly platonic and pure.
>>
>>90729189
Oh, right, the actual premise itself: Adventures (episodic like Star vs., with an overarching story) in this bleak world, and trying to find a way to destroy the undead overlord motherfucker (basic good vs. bad, where everything looks simple, but then gets developped later on (like Star vs., actually)).

Also, I didn't take inspiration from Japanese, but from Star vs., Gravity Falls, Game of Thrones, Fable, and this Quebecois comic series "Hiver nucléaire". The concept is a jumble of ideas I came up with when I was 16.
>>
The exploits of a 40th century galactic paranormal defense force. Similar to One Piece in tone. Story arcs in 13 episodes. Occasional pokes at other animes. Cast of eccentrics include

- Guy either deliberately feigning being an idiot, or really is the luckiest idiot in the galaxy.

- a 6'4" blonde German bombshell who wants a guy much taller than her so she can look up in his eyes and reads romance manga like a junkie

- German girl's straightlaced friend who actually finds her irritating, but the German never seems to notice

- Alien super soldier who looks and sounds like a lummox but has deceptively refined tastes

Art style is anime with a strong 80s aesthetic
>>
>>90662241
Lumberjack gets expelled from his village for being a general asshole, so he decides to build his own village, where everything is made of lumber, and the people are made of twigs and leaves.

Everntually he just goes crazy and thinks the wooden people come back to life.
>>
>>90662241
Henchman that gets passed around like a slut recounts the bosses he's had and their downfalls in a retirement home.
>>
>>90662241
A bunch of people living in a biodome on the Moon that simulates Earth so realistically that they forget that they're on the Moon several generations later (and Earth is destroyed).
>>
>>90730084
has potential. you should have the german chick finally find someone she's attracted to but he's like a bad guy or something, but it's like the only guy in the entire universe she's ever had feelings for so she gets torn up

>>90730199
sounds like a crazier version cast away but in canada

>>90730256
that's got some potential

>>90730307
okay, but what happens? if it's just a carbon copy of earth and nobody notices, who cares? what's special about it?
>>
The entire premise is inside of a traveling volkswagen camper is an entire town or rather something like a village and is a safe haven for the main characters of the universe. Whether you need to resupply, a good nights rest or even need backup they'll be there, or at least they'll try.
It follows a few characters who work inside of the haven and while they are the "main characters" they are in reality side/background characters of the universe.
I wanted to create a premise that was almost entirely character centric. Allowing the plot to literally go anywhere and the enjoyment of it being watching how the haven and "main" cast operate in any kind of scenario. It's generally an episodic shenanigans and adventure type of thing with an overarching plot and enough freedom to allow arcs for character/world/lore building.
Oh also the three primary characters are basically the embodiment of the three archetypes, lawful, neutral, and chaos. They are there to help but can never directly interfere in the plot of wherever they happen to be, for instance they'll offer the villains supplies but won't help them defeat their worlds heroes. Every world and universe has a balance that they can't mess with too much. The main overarching story plot essentially equates to a greater evil trying to fuck everything up and the haven is forced to intervene to protect and maintain balance within the entire multiverse.

That's just the basic premise, thoughts?
>>
>>90662241
A bunch of prisoners are launched into space in a self-sustaining space station as part of an experiment for a set number of years; they're under the guard of killer robots to make sure they don't hijack the station, but otherwise they're left to their own devices. Earth turns into a molten sphere because of a super volcano and the prisoners/survivors must find a way to stop the station's auto-pilot from returning to Earth when the time the experiment was meant to last (30 years? Seems like a good number) expires, and end up killing them all.
>>
>>90730421
Almost forgot to mention but yes it is a multiverse deal. The haven travels through dimensions as well so yeah
>>
>>90730421
i like the idea of the literal balance of the universe but there are a lot of conflicting or confusing ideas in your description. like what's the purpose of having the lawful/neutral/chaos characters at all, let alone main characters, if they don't interfere with the plot? what's the points of the VW camper? is it the vehicle that the MC's use to travel between universes or is everyone just small and the whole civilization fits inside it for some reason?

try to re-word your explanation.

>>90730429
so earth is destroyed no matter what, and they just have to not die with it, or are they tring to save the earth from its destruction? in either case, it sounds like a one-and-done plot like in a movie.
>>
>>90662241
I'm writing a little novella using this as a premise. Basically there's a kid, not a bad kid mind you but one who gets regularly in trouble at school. Usually it's not his fault; just fighting (and getting beat) by the NASTY local bully gangs, but nevertheless he eventually gets suspended for a week. His parents take notice and send him off to live with his Grandmother for said week.

The problem? She lives in the butt end of Nowhere Nevada, in a town inspired by Ely, where there's very little to do. Or so he thinks. There's a national park nearby, the town has a bit of history as it used to be next to a fresh water lake that dried up, stupid phony UFO and ghost tours, and to say nothing but the myriad of weirdos he stumbles into. Among them many of the local kids. I got a few of his often whimsical adventures mapped out: The main character has to put up with a Steven/Dipper type beta faggot who keeps getting him in trouble with the bullies, dealing with this weird hobo who essentially serves as a exposition piece, and having to attend a dinner party with his Grandma's arch nemesis from school... And her two bratty blonde twin granddaughters who fight over him.

It's more Dandelion Wine than Cuck Falls, more Hey Arnold than Autost Universe.
>>
>>90662241
Typical Medieval adventure: Hero (a peasant) saves kingdom from a great evil.

But from the perspective of the king of the kingdom that's being saved. He's just trying to give the hero all the resources he needs, clean up his mess, quell the peasants discontent with his misrule (and prevent them from overthrowing him and installing the hero as king). All that shabang. Oh, and he's trying to prevent his princess daughter from falling in love with this peasant hero.
>>
>>90730380

Well the German chick DOES fall for a guy who's close to 7'. But he's kind of stuffy. He's one of the higher ups who chooses the best people to go on a mission.So its a party girlrefined guy odd couple

THe leader of this organization is a Christopher Lambert Raiden type cosmic entity. The wiseass wise man.

We meet the Devil himself and it turns out he has labor troubles running Hell.
>>
>>90730539
>so earth is destroyed no matter what, and they just have to not die with it, or are they tring to save the earth from its destruction?
Trying to just not die, because Earth is destroyed no matter what. Maybe take control of the station and "steer it to new horizons" (riding into the sunset, basically)

>in either case, it sounds like a one-and-done plot like in a movie.
Yeah, or like a mini-series. Or a short 2-seasons-max show
>>
>>90730539
It's a tardis situation, bigger on the inside trope and yes it is also their vehicle for dimensional travel. As for why it's specifically a VW camper it's just personal sentimental reasons and I love the way they look.
The characters aren't literally the embodiments of the archetypes for story reasons. It's mostly just how I would summarize their personalities as a whole and it keep the balance motif I have going for the concept.
>>
File: 1473539690610.png (632KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1473539690610.png
632KB, 785x757px
>>90676174
>all those good ideas
>no
kill yourself my man
>>
>>90730679
it's a creative concept but in reality i think it would probably be kinda boring

>>90730747
sounds like you have some plans. stick with it, you might have something.

>>90730759
maybe you have the show be based around the whacky antics that go on inside the space station and then the "not hitting earth" is a turning plot point where they decide to work together and then develop, giving way for a new set of whacky antics in the future as "good" guys
>>
File: rollercoaster.png (601KB, 1080x280px) Image search: [Google]
rollercoaster.png
601KB, 1080x280px
man i always spaghetti when i try to explain my stuff

Well why not im on the process of making a tumblr for this, i think this would fit more like an animated movie

https://happygutsworld.tumblr.com/characters

>short explanation

look at the original concept art for jimmy 2 shoes, now add a bit of hotel transylvania in there and add more demons and a bit of cartoony gore, not too much same level as billy and mandy and it all happens in an amusement park

>long explanation

this kid travels around the world visiting theme parks, and his goal is to try every attraction at every park

on his way to one of the theme parks in his map his ride has a terrible accident and he is the only one who survives, he wakes up and meets a half demon girl, blah,blah blah they become friends, etc and she tells him he is in happy guts an amusement park for demons

the fun part is that in this place demons can regenerate really fast, kinda like super meatboy so all the attracctions are super dangerous for a human, but that is not going to stop him because he loves the place

there is also a really important attraction that looks like a hand but he can't try it unless he conquers all the other attractions

over at the site i posted i have 2 pages a cover and the introduction to the main character, im on the process of remaking those pages since i just posted old versions to test some stuff
>>
>>90720903
Transformers meets Space Battleship Yamato.
>>
>>90720903
Hotline Miami meets The Protomen.
>>
>>90720903
It's Always Sunny meets Rick and Morty
>>
>>90720903
Gravity Falls meets It's Always Sunny
>>
I have a few

>veteran of humanity's first interstellar conflict against an aggressive alien species begins middle age by founding a private trading company with a war buddy
>they take on a range of jobs and passengers, some more permanent than others

>inspired by John Carpenter's movie, Dark Star, it's about humans living in close proximity on a ship for a potential suicide missions investigating and exploring anomalies in the galaxy which pose real or potential threats to future or existing colonies
>FTL exists but time dilation is not overcome, so members of these very important teams leave everything behind
>far more serious than Dark Star, which was a comedy

>crime drama about professional criminal approaching middle age
>he is mostly known for being muscle but is smart and also good at avoiding authorities
>show is episodic except for the occasional arc for bigger jobs/events in his life
>>
>>90720903
The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones
>>
>>90731375
good concept but the art is pretty shitty if i'm gonna be honest

also change the mouse's name

>>90732121
would watch, i like it
>>
>>90732250
>>90732121
by "it" i meant "them"
>>
File: taffy.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
taffy.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>90732250

well i can agree about the art in the pages, those are outdated the way i color has changed quite a bit and as i said at the end of my post im remaking them

you can see the difference between the mouse in the cover i drew months ago and the one in the character section that i drew today

but i don't know about changing names

i called him Beli because his full name would be Belial, you know, like one of the members of the Bel family of demons

i also try too keep it cartoony for 3 reasons

1 some demons like that mouse have transformations that's when i'll use a lot of detail in muscles and veins to make the bad guys look better

2- so when comedy gore-y stuff happens it becomes funny and not edgy

and the last reason is because that comic is a side story of a way more light hearted thing story, with characters like pic related, when the guys of this comic show up in the other story i want them to fit in
>>
Crossover between RWBY, Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, and features Dudley and Kitty, but with some drama along with Samurai Jack fight scenes

and every weapon is a gun

also, drugs, depression, rock music, that stuff

This sounded better in my head
>>
>>90729440
So you just took a generic anime fantasy plot and added gratuitous Russian fairy tale names for no reason other than so you could market it as inspired by "legends" or something?
>>
>>90733078
>generic anime fantasy plot
>uncalled for Russian fairy tale names
I don't know if bait, but I'll reply.

Niggah what? The setting of the story is literally in fantasy Tsar Russia and the name of the characters come from the legends around them.

Tsar Koschei (Koschei the Deathless) was an immortal lich who took power of the Tsardom in the fairy tale and kidnapped the princess before being defeated by Ivan.

Senile, Baba Yaga assisted the Princess Vasilisa when she was need of help, though it required her a riddle and out smart the old witch.

Witchcraft from slavic times is pretty popular in the countryside and got brought to the palace thanks to mystics such as Rasputin and others. Orthodox Church also helped get bans on such practices as well. To be honest its more of a mix of slavic mythology and Russian history.

Considering its a tragedy the story doesn't end well compared to "generic anime fantasy". Koschei takes power as a Lich with Vasilisa, Baba Yaga retreats back to her forest, Court Wizards/Witches are banned thanks to their spats and Rasputin is outed as a Court Wizard himself
>>
>>90723057
>From what I can tell this premise is about Commies and Russians with the names replaced
Well, they certainly are a part of the inspiration, but it's not just them with replaced names. Parts of the story I took from another idea I had that was set in an ancient middle east inspired setting, and generally the world is pretty original.

>And honestly I really just want to see Korra done right.
Yeah me too. I even thought of some ideas about how Korra could be fixed.
>>
>>90733426
I know Russian fairy tales and legends, thank you very much. Your story looks nothing like them, and it really does seem generic, especially if you take away the Russian names.
>>
>>90733426
I liked it anon, it would just need a good director and storyboard artist
>>90733600
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga
You are a faggot
>>
>>90733798
Nice wiki link, si what? I said I know the tales, I grew up with them.
>>
>>90733845
*so

Also, her name is not Baba, it's Yaga, baba is a word for woman or old woman (pejorative in the modern language).
>>
I have a few

A group of high-school misfits form a club where they attempt to become ammeture Paranormal Investigators. After several bust cases they meet up with a new kid who moved into town who seems to know a lot about supernatural occurrences and creatures.

They finally get their first real case when they are met with a menacing stalker, a horrifying feral abomination, and a cult of creeps in masks who do what they can to impede their work.

A cartoon series developed for the web featuring elements of other horror webseries and ARGs (Marble Hornets, The West Records, EverymanHYBRID, and TribeTwelve) focusing primarily on character building and fear of the unknown, with some slight viewer interaction.
>>
The other idea I have is a western action cartoon about a cowboy who was shot and killed by a gang, but is given another chance at redemption if he finds the men that killed him and bring them to justice, becoming satans own personal handyman.
>>
>>90664245
Going to kill myself now
>>
>>90668085
Fallout 5?
>>
>>90662241
During WWII an american solider discovers he just can't die. Wounds heal extremely fast, lost limbs can be replaced with the limbs off other bodies while his own cells rewrite the dna of the new limb, is faster, smarter, stronger, etc.

He goes on a one man mission and kills hitler, ending WWII sooner, and nukes aren't even used. The world has a new weapon to fear. The super solider. The world plunges into WWIII and it just never lets up. This accelerates technology at a break neck speed as other countries try to find their own trump card to contend with an ageless one man army the usa has in it's pocket. Welcome to the New Battle Century.

Since the solider never ages, each season can be set in a different era, with an all new cast, and constant new weapons and war toys being developed that can be turned into neat toys.All the countries of the world are alternate timeline versions, so it doesn't have to worry about getting political, other than a vague military theme.
>>
>>90730603
This feels kind of like a comfy random slice of life parody/take on the modern day kids with adventures cartoons like GF and SU. It could work.

>>90735243
It's as tried and true as tried and true premises get, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't watch it.

>>90735287

Now this is my shit. Hardcore demon cowboy justice action, fuck yeah.

>>90736366
This is an interesting premise, but is this an action cartoon? A drama about an immortal man who cannot die? A critique/satire of the senselessness of war and/or the military industrial complex?
>>
>>90729947
Ayy lmao. Curious to see your general reasoning, you seemed to like a lot of the jokier premises.
>>
Looney Tunes 90's-style slice-of-life with animal people
>>
>>90720903
Bojack Horseman meets Batman the animated series.
>>
>>90662241
Dude goes around helping ghosts with their troubles and putting them to rest because it's his job. Meets a female ghost (love interest) and an asshole ghost (villain).
>>
>>90729769
We got it, you're a furry
>>
File: IMG_8256.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8256.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>90662241
>Animated Morrowind adaptation
>done a bit like avatar the last airbender, each episode gets a bit closer to endgame
>if we get season 2 we'll do mournhold, if 3 we'll do Bloodmoon
>Dagoth Ur voiced by Clancy Brown, Alma is whoever did Wonder Woman for jlu, Hircine can be whoever did Monsoon for metal gear rising, or maybe Raiden.
>Music by Kevin Kiner, ideally the director would be my boy Dave Filoni but he's too busy on Star Wars Rebels.
>MC is an aspiring telvanni sorcerer who also joins the mages guild solely for transport services, because that's the best playthrough you can do.
>no potion abusing will take place either obviously
>>
>>90664245
Plot twist, AU Earth is literally hell.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.