[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logan huh? Pros >X-23 being a lab experiment >toe claws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 25

File: images (3).jpg (4KB, 296x170px)
images (3).jpg
4KB, 296x170px
Logan huh?
Pros
>X-23 being a lab experiment
>toe claws
>Patrick Stewart
>road trip with superheroes just like OML

Cons
>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. Just a throwaway line
>No on screen version of the Wolverine costume. Not even with X-23 in a final shot. Inb4 it would look dumb
>no "I'm the best there is at what I do etc." Not even on his grave
>no "bubs"
>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"
>Professor X being a jobber

No wonder it just went down 68% in the box office.
Why does most of 4chan think its the greatest thing since any Marvel Studios movie?
>>
It was just X2 with a loli. So actually it was just the first x-Men.
>ooh but this time it has gore! Lol. Wolverine actually kills people
But there was NO PURPOSE TO IT. All that r rating did was allow them to swear, show some tìts, and become The Evil Dead with Old Man Logan. It served no purpose to the actual story.
Deadpool I get. You gotta make Deadpool R rated.
But why Wolverine? He's literally the only X-Man kids know. So by putting all the Extra "mature things" in all you did was screw yourselves out of the easy buck from kids dragging their parents yo it.
>>
>Those cons

You're kinda' stupid.
>>
>>90659618
>>All those cons
YOU MISSED THE FUCKING POINT! This film wasn't about nods to the source material! It was about the last legs of Wolverine, not something a fatass neckbeard would bounce up and down in his chair and shout "I GOT THAT REFERENCE" at.
>>
File: Daken.jpg (41KB, 432x637px) Image search: [Google]
Daken.jpg
41KB, 432x637px
My only issue with it was X-24. I would have preffered Daken or a Sabretooth clone instead a Logan clone."
>>
>>90659868
Negro. It was a final send of to the Wolverine from the films. Every X-men movie was a love letter to him, with him always saving the day or him having a cameo that made him look B.A. which had the audiences cheering.
Let's be honest. That was for Movie goers. The VERY LEAST they could've done was have references to the comics for the people that read them. I mean at least a yellow shirt and blue jeans?
>>
>>90659618
It's a decent we'll filmed flick, that is better than any Mcu movie also your ideas, the suit, bubs and the grave shit are extremely stupid.

The only thing you are right about is sabertooth
>>
>>90660073
giving x-24 a mohawk of sorts or some markings would have done the trick. little nods would have been appreciated at the very least.

just like >>90660172 with the shirt and jeans. They doubled down on being pricks to the comic audience and it was for no real reason other than they could.

I also didn't appreciate the "this movie is r-rated" moments like the senseless tit shot or the repeated use of the word fuck in the first 30 minutes.

>>90659868
this kid just keeps telling people they missed the point.
>>
>>90659618
>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. Just a throwaway line
Did you miss that scene where Zander explains how he slowly decimated the mutant population over the years
>No on screen version of the Wolverine costume. Not even with X-23 in a final shot. Inb4 it would look dumb
It wouldn't look dumb, it would be completely out of place. It would clash with the tone of the movie.
>no "I'm the best there is at what I do etc." Not even on his grave
It would be completely out of place.
>no "bubs"
I feel like I'm repeating myself
>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"
This is correct, and I agree with it.
>Professor X being a jobber
He's an elderly man prone to seizures with mild dementia and a neurodegenerative disease who got killed by a (cloned) mutant on his prime, with a metal claw through the chest, while lying in bed, in tears.

I don't know what your definition of jobbing is.
>>
>>90659618
It wasn't that bad, too much serius for a superhero movie, isn't V for vendetta or Watchmen, the movie should finish in the farm scene, all the last part with the little kids destroy the movie
>>
>>90659618
>>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"
I actually wanted a friendly reencounter between Logan and Sabretooth and then the later helping Laura and the kids at the end after Logan sacrifices himself. Like a call back to Sabretooth/Blink relationship
>>
>>90660655
>slowly
This movie takes place 3 years after DotFP, and at the end of that movie the school was filled with kids
>>
>>90661102
And most of them got badly injured or died when X got his first spaz.
>>
>>90661102
It also takes place in the altered timeline that doesn't end in DoFP. Mutants stopped being born in 2004 and Apocalypse awoke in 1983.

21 years to sterilise, then 25 years to wipe out is a long build up.
>>
>>90661264
Only 7 dead, 600 injured.

>>90661325
>Mutants stopped being born in 2004
Impossible, the final scene from DotFP takes place in 2026, and there a lot of kids, if Mutants stopped being born in 2004 then there shouldn't be any person in the massion under 22 yo
>>
>>90660655
I probably did miss that part. It still sounds like a line just written in at the last second.
But points 2 3 and 4 are the essence of the Wolverine character.

>imagine how good the brown and orange costume would look against the dessert setting.
>Like maybe the kids created it for him because that's how he looked in their comics.
>or have Laura wearing it in an after credits epilogue.

>"bubs" and "the best their is" wouldn't work.
I like you. You sound like the people around me that didn't laugh at every other line. But I still feel it should've been there to keep in tone with the previous Wolverine. At least an inkling 9f resemblance
>>
>>90659808
Its like you either didn't actually watch it or did but your short attention span caused you to zone out at various points in the film
>>
>>90661411
> Impossible, the final scene from DotFP takes place in 2026

That would be impossible, as Jean and Scott are teenagers at the very least in 1983. In 2026 they'd need to be atleast nearing their 60's, but they're not. They're around similair, if not a bit older than they are in X3.
>>
>>90661603
>Impossible
That's what the movie says, anon, 2025 or so
>>
>>90659808
The R rating was well used, i found the violence rather shocking and disturbing in this movie.
>>90659618
Your cons seem kinda weird.
Might as well put "you heal too slow" on your obligatory quote list.
>>
>>90660073
Yeah, Daken and Kimura would've been better than X-24 and Donald Pierce.
Fighting with Daken and focusing on the theme of legacy would've been better since we have already been through the fighting yourself phase of james
>>
>>90661802
I disagree. Kimura would just be seen as a ripoff of Gina Carano's character from Deadpool, and Daken is a pointless change from X-24. Conquering yourself is a much better plotline than murdering your adult son to protect your child daughter.
>>
>>90660356
Did they say fuck in this movie? I didn't even notice.
>>
>refugee mutants from Mexico flee a man named "Donald" to reach tolerant Canada

"Subtle"
>>
File: X-Force-18_0021.jpg (435KB, 1280x1995px) Image search: [Google]
X-Force-18_0021.jpg
435KB, 1280x1995px
>>90661895
>Gina Carano's character from Deadpoo
Was mostly in the background doing little.
Kimura could've gone crazy.
>>
>>90661927
Borders are the only reason the can even flee persecution, a truly open border policy wouldn't stop PMCs.
>>
>The first cape film to be treated seriously by critics
>Standing ovation at the fucking BERLIN FILM FESTIVAL
>/co/ntrarians pick it apart for not being true enough to the source material.
>>
>>90661927
Trumpfags are so sensitive.
>>
>>90659618
>Cons
Are those really cons for you? The mutant thing was literally explained in the movie and the others are all stuff that wouldn't make sense with the tone of the movie.

Why would an old as fuck Logan wear yellow spandex?
>>
Pros:
1st and 2nd act
Last scene

Cons:
3rd act
>>
>>90659618
>most of the cons are just 'lack of fanservice'
You guys seem to criticize shit more on if it matches your image of what it should be rather than on if it achieves what it sets out to
>>
>>90660172
>The VERY LEAST they could've done was have references to the comics for the people that read them.

Why would I need references to the comics shoved in my face? If I want comic stuff, I read them.
>>
>>90659868
>>90662324
This

OP's just pissing and shitting in his vintage Wolverine underoos because the movie was too busy to fellate his shriveled fanboy dick.
>>
>>90662174
To be fair, the media keeps hitting them nonstop.
>>
>>90662370
I thought the comic turning out to be true unlike wolvies cynic assumption would be enough, but no...
>>
>>90659618
>No wonder it just went down 68% in the box office.
That's pretty much standard for superhero movies.
>>
>>90659618
Only one of OP´s cons isnt stupid.
Can you guess which one?
>>
>>90663954
>no "bubs"
>>
>People in my thread mad because I dare say I feel Wolverine the character was disrespected.
>>
>>90663483
It's the X-Men, they've always been about Blacks/Jews/Gays, with the addition of the topic of this decade, Latino migration.
>>
Haven't read Old Man Logan (thought I plan to) but I thought this was a real breath of fresh air for comic book films. It was a much smaller film, with personal stakes rather than some world-ending disaster, and felt much more meaningful for that reason.
I got kinda misty at a couple of scenes, which is more than I can say for any other Marvel movies. Hope future films learn some lessons from Logan.
>>
>>90661411
>>90661603
>>90661745
Can we just admit that the Singerverse timeline is all sorts of fucked up now? Logan was a great film regardless.
>>90662274
Yeah, once they met up with the other kids it went downhill a bit. I liked the road trip feel better.
>>
The solution to all timeline issues

>Timeline A
The original as seen in X1-3, The Wolverine and the bad future of DoFP

>Timeline B
When Wolverine sees Stryker in DoFP he lashes out and hurts Kitty. The X-men are unable to find Rogue in time and Kitty dies and the timeline resets from that moment on. Mystique kills Nixon on live TV, leading to the Logan future

>Timeline C
The good future of DoFP

>Timeline Null
Wolverine Origins
>>
>>90661481
Your ideas sound awful.
>>
Dr. Rice, whose father put the Admantium in Logan in the new timeline, instead of whom ever stryker used in X123, made GMO corn. that contained gene therapy. So that people consuming it would have X gene suppressed and no more mutants would be born. This was done decades ago. As of 25 years before Logan, no more mutants were being born. So mutants weren't being born to people that should have had them, years before it was noticed globally.

Then sometime a year before Logan, Xavier had a seizure. Which killed a lot of mutants and injured a lot of humans.

Transigen was hunting down mutants using Calihan. Killing them and taking their genetic material to make their own mutants. This was a decade or more before Logan.
>>
>>90659618
>Cons
>>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. Just a throwaway line
The guy at Transigen said that the foods he was making made regular people faster, stronger and all that, but it killed mutants as a side effect.

>>Professor X being a jobber
90 year old with a degenerative brain disease
>>
>>90659618
Should have had Kimura in the movie instead of Price and they should have had Rachel Summers in the movie instead of Caliban.
>>
>>90666465
Fuck off, I'm happy we didn't have another "Logan can't get over Jean" story.
>>
>>90666654
I was thinking of it more from Charles' point of view, she's would have been the one caring from him while Logan was out, and her death would have had more of an impact on the film. As much as I don't like the whole Logan can't get over Jean trope, I would have loved to see his reaction to finding out that Jeans blood line died off.
>>
>>90661916
Plenty of times. Xavier said it a bunch, Logan told Laura to shut the fuck up when she was saying her friends' names, and Logan said it a bit when he had his breakdown after Charles died.

By the way, I really loved how Eden wasn't actually some sanctuary, but the X-23 kids turned it into that because they needed it to be. I almost bawled when I saw Niggawatt holding the Wolverine toy at his grave
>>
File: 1441028772478.jpg (24KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1441028772478.jpg
24KB, 515x515px
>see the movie today
>credits roll
>guy behind me says "Wolverine died? Get the fuck out of here."
>>
>>90661927
>>90661990
>>90662174
>>90663483

Shut the fuck up.
The movie is about alcoholism if anything.

The make up artists literally give Hugh fucking Jaundice.

Goddamn You're all so stupid.
>>
>>90666813
I really liked how corny it was when Laura made the cross over Wolverine's grave into an X.
>>
>>90666917
I guess you missed the point of the children walking through it behind the shot to show that they were the next generation of mutants.
>>
>>90659618
Your cons are basically fanservice.
>>
>>90666973
I would actually watch a movie about the X-23 kids when they get older. They were pretty fucking cool.

>tfw Cyke almost got a mention but Logan never said his name
>>
>>90666973
No, I got that anon, I just said I LIKED how corny that bit was, I mean, the moment you saw that cross you knew it was going to be made into an X.
>>
>>90660655

It had absolutely no place in Logan but goddammit, I'd have given everything I own to have seen Jackman in that suit just once.
>>
Might as well ask here: what timeline is Logan set in? I was confused.
>>
>>90666422
it didn't kill mutants. it prevented mutants from being born.
>>
>>90667298
after DOFP and apocalypse.

apocalypse awakening changed the timeline again. undoing the happy ending we got at DOFP.
>>
So x-23 doesn't have adamantium coating her bones so she's more vulnerable. Her healing factor is a lot stronger than Logan because her healing factor doesn't have to deal with bodywide adamantium poisoning so it has a stronger focus on new injuries, which makes sense. Someone said she's had her arm cut off before and it just grew back, but my question is, if you cut her arm off, the new arm wouldn't have adamantium claws, right? Since it's not natural, a new natural arm would have bone claws wouldn't it? And wouldn't it be 3 claws instead of 2 since the 3rd one was only surgically removed.
>>
>>90667494
When her arm got sawed off in the comics she had to recover the adamantium claws from her old arm. I guess she has figured out a way to put the old claws back in or something.

She naturally has two hand claws, one foot claw. No claws were surgically removed, she was born with two in her hands and one in her foot.
>>
>>90667298
the Logan Timeline
>>
>>90659618
X24 represented what Logan was "supposed" to be. Just an unkillable ball of mindless rage and claws on a military leash, killing anything that gets in his way. That's why he was a Wolverine clone. It's also why he was younger - he was Wolverine's past.

This is why he was killed by X23.

Symbolism, you nerd.
>>
>>90659618
>hey guys let's make a movie entirely dedicated to proving Erik right
Alright then
>>
>>90668309
And Charles killed 7 of the remaining, so Magneto's still wrong.
>>
>>90659618
>no "bubs"
Only legit flaw
>>
>>90667298
>what timeline is Logan set in?
The good movie timeline.
>>
>>90659618
>>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"

Eh, I feel like with the strong theme of "legacy" the movie had, it was fitting that Logan's final fight was with a prime version of himself that was actually a mindless killing machine that threatened to undo the last few aspects of Logan's life and positive legacy.

That, and Logan's look and double-take of disbelief and horror as he saw X-24 coming down the stairs was great.
>>
So what I get from /co/ is:

if it's batman "not muh" is okay and we should shit on it.

but if its some hollow shell of wolverine we can't "not muh"?

This faggot never wore the suit and shit on it in this movie. FUCK huge jackedman.
>>
>>90659618
>spoon feed me and give me MCU stuff:the post
>>
File: eQ7xlxt.gif (2MB, 300x304px)
eQ7xlxt.gif
2MB, 300x304px
>>90659618

Shit taste OP
>>
>>90669011
Where was that implied? Mcu is just as bad if not a little better at making the movies resemble comics. They just give the bare bones of characters and call it a day. I hate the MCU.
If anything I want what the DCTV gives.
The comic characters bought to live action.
>>
>those cons
I sure am glad we didn't get the movie you wanted
>>
>>90659618
It would look dumb. It always would've looked dumb.
>>
The Wolverine is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>90660073

Maybe they are saving Salem for later
>>
What happened to Sabretooth?
>>
>>90659618
>Why does most of 4chan think its the greatest thing since any Marvel Studios movie
Gee, i don't know, it could be that the MCU went to shit after Thor?
>>
>>90673211
>What happened to Sabretooth?
He was a side character in a bad movie almost a decade ago, and a glorified cameo a generation ago. The only way Sabretooth could have been used in an impactful way is if he'd been far more present in Logan (the character)'s story across films.
>>
>>90673324
>after Iron Man

ftfy
>>
File: 1412093043351.png (4KB, 188x155px) Image search: [Google]
1412093043351.png
4KB, 188x155px
>>90659868
>not something a fatass neckbeard would bounce up and down in his chair and shout "I GOT THAT REFERENCE" at.

>tfw someone brought their retarded kid to the movie
>they shouted at every scene
>ending scene
>logan dying
>theater completely quiet
>"No..Daddy"

>Manly tears at the ready
>AAAHHRURUAHRAAHRHAAR
>"Sshhh quiet dear"
>tfw moment ruined

Karma is gonna fuck me for the hateful thoughts I had towards that retard. And every retard joke i've ever made or laughed at in my life.

Like...i'm gonna get lucky enough to have a wife, and we're gonna have like triplets or something and they're all going to be retarded
>>
>>90661102
>This movie takes place 3 years after DotFP,

did you miss the "there hasn't been a mutant born in 25 years" line?
>>
How the hell does Jean fucking Grey die in this timeline?
>>
>>90675815
probably during Xaviers seizure
>>
>>90660655
That costume looks terribad
>>
>>90659618
you forgot that another pro was that it was rated R

>throwaway line
um, no. it's a dystopian plotline that explains why everyone is unhappy about something that they obviously don't want to talk about. the entire point was to let the audience draw their own conclusions which sets the tone.
>>
>>90675815
More importantly why did she have so many gene babies?
The scientist said that the mothers were human and the FATHERS were what gave them their mutant powers.
>>
>>90659618
>>90660258

anons... we have all seen plenty of wolverine and sabertooth fighting. come on.
>>
>>90661000
>that last part with the kids destroys the movie

no the fuck it doesn't
>>
>>90659618
ITT: /tv/ practices their deep throat skills
>>
>>90659618
>>90659808
>>90668914

D*sney interns on tilt
>>
>>90660655
in fairness Logan telling Laura "You have to be the best there is at what you do" would have been pretty great.
>>
File: 1222465754461.jpg (16KB, 381x365px) Image search: [Google]
1222465754461.jpg
16KB, 381x365px
>>90676008
it got pretty ridiculous
>mfw the film reach the final act and I overheard "this is the best Mortal Kombat movie ever!"
>>
>>90666813

>Niggawatt

And now my tears are tears of laughter
>>
>>90661051
>I actually wanted a friendly reencounter between Logan and Sabretooth
Was in the script, but removed.
>>
>>90676212
Wat. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>90676246
short of it there was two pitches. First was what Caliban's place was but it should be clear why that wouldn't work, second was Logan was going to track him down for money help but it was seen as too disjointed and took focus away from the story.
>>
>>90659618
>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. >Just a throwaway line
They explain it like twice. The farmer says the goverment are putting shit in the corn and how much shit corn is used for. Rice later talks to Logan about how they're using genetically modified food and spiking the water to supress/eliminate the x-gene. It's implied that this is what's causing Logan's healing factor to fail, which causes the adamantium to start affecting him.
>>
>>90676417
Damn. Would have loved to see that reunion anyways - although, Sabertooth wouldn't look nearly as old, would he? Since he doesn't have the adamantium poisoning him. Even a short cameo or reference would have been great
>>
>>90666813

>Niggawatt

I have never wanted electricity powers more than now. This would be my fucking name
>>
My only issue is how they handed Logan's healing factor. I know the Adamantium did slow down his healing factor in the comics, but it was only by a small margin. The movie states he was dying because of his Adamantium, but in the comics, his healing factor constantly fights the infection, but not to the point where it makes him killable.

Him going out due to that Adamantium bullet would have made more sense.
>>
>>90676493
Wouldn't his healing factor suppress that shit, though?
>>
>>90676743
see
>>90676493
to why it was killing him so fast.
As to the bullet by how it visually look it was .50 Shrapnel shell meaning it's a wonder it didn't take off the whole top of his head.
>>
>>90676784
"some could resisted longer than other due to their genetic traits." or something to that effect. The way Rice is looking at Logan implies he's talking to him.
>>
I know it would've been dumb and out of place, but part of me wishes we had an "ALL THE X-MEN DIE" scene
>>
>>90676868
I was half expecting a recording of it. Like mansion security showing what went down.
>>
>>90676868
That would have been a chore to do right where I doubt they get any old actors for that scene.
>>
>>90676908
The intention of only hinting at what happened is supposed to cause you to imagine the absolute worst.
>>
>>90659618
>/tv/ keeps meming that this at all like OML
It's also about as similar to Lethal Weapon or Tom Cruise War of the worlds
>>
>tfw Professor X killed the X-men because of an old age related psychic seizure and died thinking Logan stabbed him because he was angry with him over it

That was seriously too heavy for me /co/.
>>
>>90667376
Is Apocalypse worth watching?
>>
I was surprised Richtor was in it
>>
>>90677600
It's fucking stupid. It's in between Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers when it comes to cheesiness if that sounds like a good time dig in nigga
>>
Go back to /tv/ faggot
>>
>>90660073

Should have been Omega Red.
>>
>>90661000
This, I was really enjoying the first (truly)mature take on an X-men movie (inb4 someone assumes just because of the tit shot and naughty words) and I even had enough suspension of disbelief to ignore the fucking kid slamming grown men into the ground, but as soon as all those kids somehow magically found their way to the halfway house to 'Eden', avoided capture and fended for themselves the movie was over. How disappointing. Movie was 90% to me until those fucking kids showed up.
>>
File: 1442673009981.png (268KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
1442673009981.png
268KB, 332x313px
>>90666813
>Niggawatt
>>
File: IMG_4560.jpg (9KB, 344x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4560.jpg
9KB, 344x146px
>>90659618
I just saw Logan and it really made me feel bad for Cyclops
>Tfw cucked by Logan of being the leader of the X-men and having Jean
>Tfw no epic send off
>Tfw no qt loli clone
>>
>>90667298
>>90667376
>>90667664

I thought it was the Dofp ending we see where Logan is back at the school and everyone is alive again. I assumed this followed that ending while Apocalypse was its own new timeline.

Kind of putting a final end on that timeline and the actors in it making the Apocalypse version the new main timeline.
>>
>>90676617
would white tv anchors be allowed to say it?
>>
So who do you think plant manipulator girl was based off of genetically? In fact what about any of the meXicans?
>>
>>90678457
He was a dick
>>
>>90659618
Literally every cape movie has huge openings and significant drops because the fanbase comes out in droves on opening night. The vast majority of movies don't have fans clamoring to see them opening day so their drop offs are less significant.

This is not a hard concept to understand. Unless a movie is getting a ton of repeat viewings, they're going to have a big dropoff after everyone goes to see it.
>>
>>90661481
Never write scripts. Never suggest ideas again. Never have anything to do with movie production.
>>
>>90659618
did anyone else find it really really satisfying when logan killed all those mexicans at the start?
>>
File: 1472935623877.jpg (496KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472935623877.jpg
496KB, 900x900px
Eat shit OP. Post your fav parts.

>Charles just died.
>Logan and 23 in car.
>Finds out she can talk.
>Literally telling her to shut the fuck up again 10 seconds after finding this out.
>>
File: 1478744797753.jpg (31KB, 628x676px) Image search: [Google]
1478744797753.jpg
31KB, 628x676px
>>90679136
>X-24 Straight up murdered a 14 year old black kid for no reason
>Black farmer actually tried to kill the real Wolverine

Honestly thought they would pussy out and have him NOT do the thing someone who just watched his wife and child get butchered would absolutely in all circumstances do

Fucking pristine kino
>>
>>90679136
>let me just put on my reading glasses
>>
File: 1476663313842.png (330KB, 578x508px) Image search: [Google]
1476663313842.png
330KB, 578x508px
>>90679136
>Logan whips out a revolver and shuts EvilScienceMan and Dahnald the fuck up

Got flashbacks to Indiana Jones
>>
>>90678457
>no qt loli clone
actually why wasn't there a cyclops kid in that group, surely if you're looking for living weapons you prioritise the guy with a death ray on his face
>>
Is OP just pretending to be a manchild with his complaints, or does he really think that fanservice just for the sake of fanservice would make Logan a better movie?
>>
>>90659808
>All that r rating did was allow them to swear, show some tìts, and become The Evil Dead with Old Man Logan

which

you know

sort of

completely suits the mutant who is a murderous PTSD-suffering alcoholic who butchers people with metal claws for a living?

but hey what do i know
>>
For some reason I loved having a slightly senile Charles Xavier, even though it was a little depressing at the same time.
>>
>>90661895
Daken is the son Logan failed, the representation of the fate he's trying to protect Laura from.

It would take a bit of work to make Daken work, but it would be better than just a new feral clone.

Even better, a brainwashed Victor would represent everything X-24 did, but it would also Logan's failure and regret about having a family (being his half-brother and his wife's killer).

There's a lot of symbolism and themes, but out of all the options, X-24 was the worst of them.
>>
>>90669626
>DCTV
>The comic characters brought to live action
You mean Green Arrow being a Batman knockoff and Barry Allen being some weird fusion of Barry, Wally, and Peter Parker?
>>
>>90666904
It was about a lot of things, man.

Rich white kids shouting "USA! USA!" at immigrants at the Mexican border isn't exactly a metaphor for cirrhosis
>>
It was really refreshing to be able to give a shit. When Logan juiced up for his last ride to protect the kids, I was hyped. I was actually invested in what was going on in the action climax of a superhero movie. I don't think I've ever cared so much about MCU or DCEU movies, as much as I do enjoy the former. Not that it was the only superhero movie to do this, Raimi Spider-man and the not shit X-Men movies were fairly emotional as well.
>>
File: 187437-16417-sabretooth.jpg (88KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
187437-16417-sabretooth.jpg
88KB, 400x300px
ON hindsight, one would think that it should have been Sabretooth, and part of me stil lthinks that it should because I was always a fan of their rivalry.

Having said that, I dont think it would have worked since Sabretooth only appeared in 1(2) movie which is forgotten by both the fans and the producers, so having Sabretooth appear out of nowhere will only work as a 'nod' to the fans and Logan's origins from both the comics and the movies instead and would virtually add nothing to the overall plot since X-24 as a Logan clone worked on its own. Sabretooth would have been a literal manifestation of Wolverine's animal side, while X-24 served as a metaphorical one, Sabretooth would have been the wiser choice had they fleshed his character out, but since Logan is trying to be contained in one movie with little to no references from other movies, X-24 in the big picture worked.

If it was me though, I would have included Sabretooth in the movie, but not as a final villain, but more of a uncle figure to X-23, trying to save her from becoming like them.

Also, IMO, I would have loved it if X-24 was Daken too, and instead of a far weaker clone, he would have been an actual son of Logan from Mariko, which would give Rice the idea that its better if they have human mothers instead of being lab grown, this would give Logan a purpose to save X-23 from becoming a monster like Daken, and give him a reason to stick around and make sure that X-23 stays off that path, it wouldnt also be just a movie about farewell to hugh it would also be a movie about being a father
>>
film was good, solid 8/10, hugh jackman can die in peace
>>
>>90659618
>implying that's not how good exposition should work
>>
>>90678470
>>90667376
Why the fuck would Apocalypse change the timeline? That story had nothing to do with time travel.

Everything from First Class, W:O, X1-3, TW and the original DOFP future happened in the original timeline.

DOFP changes the timeline after First Class, erases everything from then on, leaving only First Class and Logan's past from W:O as canon.

From then, Apocalypse, some form of X1 (references to Logan as a cage fighter, and the Statue of Liberty) and maybe X2 (Chuck having psychic time-stop powers) happen, and instead of X3 we get the happy future from DOFP. Maybe Deadpool, then Logan.
>>
>>90680123
X-24 is the best in the regard that you don't need to develop his character. I originally thought he was Victor, because he looked hella lot like Schriber. That would be cool, but would also need more explanation.
>>
>>90675465
Pretty sure that was karma fucking you back by placing the retard in your path, Anon. What you thought in the theater was fine, the retard earned it.
Even Steven, now don't throw shit at tards and Karma won't send Mong Boy to the movies.
>>
>>90680185
I call it a nine but I acknowledge that's for pandering to me.
No, not with X-23.
>>
>>90659618
Glad you didn't write the movie cause all those Cons are good things
>>
If Christian Bale didn't wear the a cape, cowl or bat symbol and instead ran around punching people in a fucking wife-beater and jeans would ANYBODY have the balls to call him Batman? Let alone the best?

Fuck anyone that says "the suit would be silly". You don't know a fucking thing about the character and you don't give a fuck about him.

You could give a black transexual teen the yellow spandex suit with NO CLAWS and I'd say they played wolverine before jackman.

fuck anyone that likes this. This is barely even /co/ related. It's a movie about a guy names James who has claws.
>>
excuse my ignorance but why did x-24 die when he was shot in the head with the adamantium bullet? why didn't his brain regenerate?
>>
>>90681245
I think the movies were operating under the assumption that brain cells cant heal.
>>
>>90660073
sabretootth would have been the perfect final fight
>>
>>90681245
He was shown to have a weaker healing ability when Dr. Rice had to inject him with the serum in order for him to recover from the fight at the farm.
>>
>>90681245
In the comics, Wolverine can recover quickly from a lot of things, but if he dies before his healing factor saves him then he's done for. He used to be able to come back from the dead thanks to a deal with the angel Azrael, but he put a stop to it years ago.
>>
>>90659868
youre still making a movie in that universe.they should have said what happened.
i was watching this movie with my family and my parents where so confused.
>>
>tits
I don't remember any tits. When did that happen?
>>
>>90680792
(you)
>>
>>90681695
It was during the montage of Logan's various limo passengers.
>>
>>90681301
>>90681326
They mentioned how he wasn't fully developed yet either so I think his regeneration wasn't tip top yet; they'd accelerated his growth as well.
>>
>>90681343
My friend was too confused because she was asking if she missed an X-Men film to set it up. I don't blame the film, I blame the nature of Hollywood these days hand holding too much.
>>
>>90661481
>>Like maybe the kids created it for him because that's how he looked in their comics.
They shaved him, that's the closest they'll allow it. Either way I agree with anon, him suiting up would look stupid and out of place
>>
>>90666813
>Niggawatt
You mean Niggachu?
>>
God, co's ability to hate everything is so exhausting
>>
>>90681723
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Thanks.
>>
>>90664227
Honestly if they used any of your ideas here, I feel it would be more of a disrespect. Your ideas are the equivalent of Hugh Jackman winking to the audience and shouting LOOK AT ME I'M WOLVERINE! This is "He truly is the best there is at what he does" levels of cringy ideas.
>>
>>90676617
How about Jiggawatt
>>
>>90680792
fuck off, Wolverine has regularly gone fighting wearing casual clothes way before the Fox movies.
>>
>>90659618
What? There is an explanation though.
>>
>>90680792
>wolverine is yellow spandex more than he is healing factor and blades coming out of his fists
are you sure you don't want to walk any of that back?
>>
>>90681964
No.

If you think wolverine is claws you really don't know a fucking thing about him. Just like the other faggots that replied to me.

Wolverine is a guy that has an attitude, that has a weird code. He's a tough guy that wears canary yellow.

His metal claws were part of his fucking gloves to start. He put them on just like that yellow suit.

Wolverine is not his claws and clearly you don't know jack shit about him if you think that's him.

His healing factor (and thus his age) and attitude are the most important factors of his character.

I fucking hate the amount of fucking autistic fucks on here that just want some retarded hairy fuck that bathes in his enemies blood and says "fuck".

That isn't wolverine.
>>
>>90682366
>His metal claws were part of his fucking gloves to start. He put them on just like that yellow suit.

You fucking moron, that's literally just his first appearance.

You may as well be arguing that Batman is a guy who shoots people because he did that once in the past.
>>
>>90680792
>If Christian Bale didn't wear the a cape, cowl or bat symbol and instead ran around punching people in a fucking wife-beater and jeans would ANYBODY have the balls to call him Batman? Let alone the best?

Except Wolverine doesn't even bother wearing his suit all the fucking time in the comics. He might be the one superhero who doesn't need a costume, because only a select few manchildren MUST see him in yellow spandex at least one time for there autism to be satiated.

Fuck off.
>>
>>90659618
You're stupid. Things are left up to your imagination, not everything needs to be spoon fed to you in the form of some kind of exposition.
As for the costume, it being in would not have been appropriate for the tone of the movie. How this isn't obvious to you is really something.
>>
>>90682458
>but why isn't the aging, suicidal alcoholic wearing a yellow X-Men costume even though the X-Men don't even exist anymore?
>>
>>90682366
>His healing factor (and thus his age) and attitude are the most important factors of his character.
>attitude
>which he needs to show off by wearing yellow spandex
never go full retard
>>
>>90682436
>that's literally just his first appearance
that's literally untrue.

>>90682446
>all the time
Movie wolverine didn't wear it once and in fact EMPHATICALLY SHIT ON IT in Logan. Not the same thing as taking it off sometimes in the comics.

>>90682458
You know what didn't fit the tone of the movie? The random, over-the-top, action scenes. Don't tell me a suit would be silly if you thought those fight scenes weren't.

Don't tell me they fit the tone. Seeing an Aspergers suffering x24 hop around didn't fit. Wolverine leaping 15 feet forward and driving a guy in to a tree was fucking silly.

You don't get to sit here and say "muh serious superhero flick was serious and your suit would make it silly."

No, you took a fucking cape film more seriously than it should have been and looked past the fact that every time x-23 fought she did the same flip with the legs on the neck move. You ignored the fact that wolverine should have been shredded immediately by a younger, full-strength, absolutely insane version of himself. You ignored the fact that a little girl with NO SIZE was ripping through bones and limbs as if adamantium is a fucking light saber.

Fuck you for acting like this was a serious film that needed to be respected.
>>
>>90682751
>EMPHATICALLY SHIT ON IT
good.
in no way would it be believable for his character to do anything else to it.
>>
>>90676202
That makes no sense anon
>>
>>90682809
Oh, so you know nothing about Wolverine?

Probably could have told you that already.
>>
File: 1459052516570.png (139KB, 352x291px)
1459052516570.png
139KB, 352x291px
>>90677501
>Logan carrying Charles away frantically trying to explain it wasn't him.
>>
>>90682931
For fuck's sake it's consistent with the movie's character.

Should any of the movies from X1 to TW have shown him in the costume? Yeah.

Should Logan? No, fuck off.
>>
>>90681828
Do you mean /co/?
>>
Took my 7 year old to the movie (Don't judge me)

She's acting like Laura. Basically, being quiet, looking surly, trying on my wife's glasses. I asked what she thought of Laura. She said she loved her

Help
>>
>>90677789
I didn't even realize that he was the mutant Rictor. I thought he was just a Mexican kid w/ a Mexican name.
>>
>>90661957
>toe ring
hnggggg
>>
Xavier makes me really sad to think about now.

Pretty sure once the super peaceful mutant ambassador spasmed out and injured 600 and killed 8, all mutants were blacklisted and hunted again.
>>
>>90678380
>wants a mature take on superheroes, specifically the X-Men movies
>doesn't want children in it
Just rewatch the first X-Men, and have fun watching 30 yr olds play high schoolers in their "mature" tactical suits.
>>
>>90682751
It's a stupid fucking looking suit. Get over it.
It's not important to the character like Batman's suit is to Batman. Wolverine is recognized by his iconic claws, not the yellow spandex.
>>
>>90682978
My exact point is that movie wolverine isn't consistent with comic wolverine. I don't give a fuck if anybody thinks it "fits" or not in this film. And I've already stated why I think that's foolish. Action scenes like that don't fit the tone just because you liked them and wolverine "does that in the comics". Why do we get over-the-top action that doesn't fit the tone but not costume design?

>>90683106
Some of these moments/ideas are what I loved the most in the movie. Like when he asks what Logan had done in the beginning (assuming Logan killed them and not himself.)

The way they tell you about it with things like the little radio report.

Or how the corn subplot came together. A friend of mine was hating on the farm detour and while I understand the sloppiness of Logan not just being like "charles they'll be killed." it made sense. It was their way of showing that middle america had aided in the de-mutification without even realizing it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>90676212

I'm sad there'll never be a version of Old Wolverine vs. Old Sabertooth a la MGS4
>>
>>90679136
>The hotel scene with Charles having a seizure
That was actually pretty fucking intense, I loved that the music sounded like an alarm going off and also getting louder and louder while Logan slowly crawls to him
>>
>>90682917
So you missed all the insane fatalities? People set a blaze, all the decapitations and limb dismemberments? A guy getting sliced apart by twigs, one getting whirlwind to a pile of blender soup? The main baddie getting absorbed into the ground and electrocuted?
>>
File: 1273434256552.jpg (15KB, 219x93px) Image search: [Google]
1273434256552.jpg
15KB, 219x93px
>>90679136
>Funeral
>Logan can't figure out what to say other than 'there's water....'
>Can't let the kid see him cry
>Can't handle kid's attempt at comfort
>Leaves to beat up car
>>
>>90677501
Nah, he didn't die thinking that. He saw the real Logan and said 'the sunseeker', referring to Logan's plan of living happily ever after at sea before dying completely.

Still depressing though.
>>
>>90680792

Cause Wolverine's never been out of his traditional costume before.

Like in Weapon X

Or Origins

or Old Man Logan

Or just about literally every iconic Wolverine story that happened outside of the 90s.
>>
>>90683011
Fuck her, anon.
That'll set her straight.
>>
>>90683457
Stop replying to that post people. I've replied to this point already.

Wearing a costume and taking it off for a bit is not the same as never wearing it and yelling that it's stupid in your last chance to wear it. After teasing it in the previous movie.
>>
>>90667298
I understood it as his own timeline, the correct timeline. Most of the shit that happened in all the other movies was bullshit because mutants were sellouts and sold their likeness to Disney or Fox. "Maybe 25% of the stuff that happened happened, and none of it like this."
>>
>>90682751
>Movie wolverine didn't wear it once and in fact EMPHATICALLY SHIT ON IT in Logan. Not the same thing as taking it off sometimes in the comics.

So?

I am still wondering why Logan would wear a suit that he has never worn when he has no reason to. You saw the trailers for the movie, presumably; why did you think, before seeing it, "Man, I hope Wolverine wears the yellow suit in this?" Why would that infantile thought even pass through your brain?

And your little bullshit complaint about, "Wolverine going berserk doesn't fit the tone of the movie, therefore, he should have worn the suit at least once," makes no sense. Wolverine has been shown to have gone berserk before. That's part of the character. It fits the tone because it makes sense in context. Him wearing a yellow suit for no reason whatsoever neither fits the tone nor does it make any sense.

You just want to see Hugh Jackman in a stupid yellow suit. You care more about fanservice than anything else.
>>
File: 5465768779878.jpg (230KB, 1280x643px) Image search: [Google]
5465768779878.jpg
230KB, 1280x643px
>>90683441
>Spend the first quater of the movie thinking Logan is being a dick to Charles and waiting for him to die
>All he wants it to get a boat and go to the sea so Charles can be safe/can't hurt anyone else
>>
>>90683662
The opening scene was well-shot and well-scripted violence. The woods scene was absurd. x24 was absurd. I'm not saying him being mad and killing people is out of character. The over-the-top manner in which is was presented in later scenes was dumb and didn't fit the tone.

be honest, you just wanted a wolverine movie where he swears and kills people with a lot of blood. You care more about violent fan-service than anything else.
>>
File: 1421872185500.jpg (64KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1421872185500.jpg
64KB, 480x270px
>>90682963
>There's water and...
>There's water and, uh...
>>
>>90684106

Wolverine swore and killed people in the other movies. He didn't wear a fucking yellow suit. And he certainly wouldn't wear a yellow suit in 2029, when he is on the brink of death and suicidal.

Try again to equate the violence to your unreasonable expectation that Logan wear an ugly costume, retard.
>>
>>90683011
>taking your 7 year old to see an R-rated movie
You made your bed.
>>
>>90684106
Suddenly appearing in a yellow suit makes much less fucking sense than the violence being turned up a notch.
>>
>>90684315
Unless you're willing to actually respond to what I'm saying we're destined to do this until the thread closes.

I've said repeatedly its not the violence but the way it was portrayed. When he's launching through the air its silly and doesn't fit the tone people keep claiming this movie had. Nor does a small girl being able to sever a man's head no matter what metal she has coating her claws.
>>
>>90680155
One of those rich white kids was brown get your eyes checked
>>
>>90684426
Sure.

A guy zipping around on a wire fits the serious tone.

Someone please quote for me that he needed the suit in THIS movie.

it's been a problem since they removed the Merc's mouth in his first solo flick.
>>
>>90683011
That's adorable.

You've created a little sperg.
>>
Retarded pandering would've ruined the movie.
>>
>>90680792
Fuck everyone else, I agree with you.
Costumes are important to the superhero genre. People can go off all they want about "realism" and "it would look stupid" or some dumb "Wolverine is barely a superhero! His costume doesn't matter to his character!" shit as if people didn't associate him with that suit because of every cartoon and merchandise created of him ever.
>>
>>90684546
Not him but you should just leave.
>>
File: 1302733353256.gif (104KB, 234x234px)
1302733353256.gif
104KB, 234x234px
Depressing as hell. especially Xavier. Everything he worked for and believed in, and he himself ended up being a liability and danger to all mutants/killing his own students.

And he was so happy when he saw a new mutant, someone he could mentor and care for again.

>Logan! We mustn't forget Laura!
>>
>>90684713
Thank you. Good to know at least ONE person on /co/ (this isn't /tv/ yet) agrees the comic book movie character could have resembled his source once.

Especially when the arguement is "it wouldn't fit the tone" of a movie which had a two clones of the main character zipping around like they have flight listed in their powers.

>>90684661
They pandered to the "the suit is silly people". In my opinion it did ruin it.
>>
>>90684746
Why should I, the person who simply expressed the opinion that something should resemble a comic book, leave /co/? Shouldn't the people using (shoddy) /tv/ reasoning to defend a non-/co/ version of their character leave?

Or maybe you faggots can stick to one of the 20 threads a day sucking this movies cock around here.
>>
>>90684750
Only thing that would've improved that scene would've been if Logan had been wearing a yellow suit and calling Charles "bub"
>>
>>90684825
But, anon...it IS like the comics as he didn't wear the costume in Old Man Logan which this film is based on.

Don't you see...you got exactly what you wanted.
>>
>>90684876
FUCKING WRECKED, GODDAMN
>>
>>90684946
You have very low standards for something being wrecked
>>
File: Mmm tentacles.jpg (893KB, 1596x2421px) Image search: [Google]
Mmm tentacles.jpg
893KB, 1596x2421px
>>90661957
>>
>>90684876
I think this is tongue in cheek but fuck it, I'll bite.

You don't read comics if you think this was based on OML. And OML is arguably one of the worst Wolverine storylines. I'd prefer feral, no adamantium, bandana-wearing Wolverine.
>>
>>90684981
Hidden, didn't read.
>>
>>90684780
It wouldn't fit the tone because Logan's not a X-Man anymore. Come up with one reason why Old Man Logan would have needed to put on the suit at any point during the movie. What purpose would putting on the suit serve other than pandering to comic book fans?

I could understand if it was a movie from when he was younger, but it really wouldn't have fit the tone for this specific movie. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Wolverine in the suit too in live action, but for this movie, there was no place for it.
>>
>>90685070
Give me one reason you keep referring to this as Old Man Logan. I take it you haven't read Old Man Logan?
>>
But why, within the movie, would he wear the suit? He's not part of a team anymore, it doesn't offer protection, it's brightly colored and doesn't serve as camouflage either. There is no logical reason for him to wear it. People don't need logic for stupid action scenes to be entertaining, but the need a good reason for Logan to put on a brightly coloured, tight body suit.

Suddenly appearing in that costume would seem bizarre to everyone, apart from the few fags who have been spewing about it for 17 years.

At least the recent movies allowed the x-men to finally wear brightly coloured costumes, instead of the all black spandex.
>>
>>90685115
I'm referring to it as Old Man Logan more in the sense that Logan is an old man, not because of the comic book, but I can see how that you could interpret me as referring to that. I apologize.
>>
>>90685009
Cool, faggot. You can't defend your shitty movie so you hide people lol.
>>
>>90685115
It's outright said officially to be based on it, honey, you need to keep up. Of course they changed stuff, they had to in order for it to stay similar to the existing film series.
>>
>>90685153
>Actually thinking Logan is shit
You and your life are very sad
>>
>>90685172
They might have said that, but I actually think the other anon has a point. I wouldn't exactly say the film is based on the Old Man Logan comic book, but rather, borrows elements from that as well as other X-Men stories.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie.
>>
>>90685153
If whether the movie is good or not comes down to him putting on the hideous suit, I don't know what to do for you,

There is a reason they never put him in it. It's ugly as sin and barely works in the comics/cartoons. Magneto looks kind of stupid with the helmet too irl, but it has a clear REASON to be there.
>>
>>90685200
Don't respond to the guy nitpicking Logan, he's clearly just trolling.
>>
>>90685222
This, if you think no costume ruins the film then you really aren't capable of having a valid opinion about the movie.
>>
>>90659618
Anyone else find it weird magneto wasn't even referenced? I mean you'd think Xavier would say something about his oldest friend as hes losing his mind and remembering things he did.
>>
>>90685275
Erik probably fucked him over 100 times too many after the events of Apocalypse, and he finally realized Magneto is a fucking dick.
>>
>>90685275
>>90685335

I feel like he could have been referenced in some shape or form, but I can't think of a proper time to bring him up.

Maybe when we're initially introduced to Xavier, but I dunno.
>>
>>90659618
It's sad; There's no way an old man logan movie could happen, what with the movie rights being such a clusterfuck.
>>
>>90685410
Plus you'd have to figure out how to write incest Hulk hillbillies without it being shitty.
>>
>>90685592
A difficult task, considering Millar couldn't do it himself
>>
>>90685224
>he didn't like muh perfect movie, he's a troll
No, I'm not. People who don't like Ledger aren't trolling even if I think they're sperges.

>>90685255
I don't think that. I actually said it was good in multiple other posts.

I simply disagree with anyone saying a yellow suit doesn't fit in a movie with mutants and cartoonish violence.

>>90685172
Source for that? Also, you clearly haven't kept up with either the movie or the original OML comic if you think it actually does adapt it.

What kind of faggot uses the word honey?
>>
>>90685335
Erik could fuck Charles over a million times and he'd still believe in him.
>>
File: Caliban.jpg (103KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Caliban.jpg
103KB, 640x360px
>Beware the light

;_:
>>
>>90685812
no one seems to have given a fuck but his redemption mirrored Logan's and was more depressing

he never wanted to get caught up in this shit, but Logan begged him to, and it was terrible garbage the entire way. Then Logan tells him to ditch some spook in the desert by himself, so he gets captured, burned, and beaten.

THEN he gets faced with his past as a dog of the Reavers, and forced into the same role that has haunted him for years.

"I got this theory that no one ever really changes."

"A man has to be what he is, Joey. You can't break the mold. I tried it and it didn't work for me."

He ends up in the same place as Logan, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually - rock bottom. It's his fault Alkali finds Logan and co at the farmhouse; it's his fault that the Munsons die, for all their good intentions; that Professor X, weeping with guilt, is murdered in his bed.

I think he wanted to die more than he was trying to kill Donald.
>>
>>90686531
I like his arc and the actors portrayal. I just think that making all of the deaths in the movie quick moments to avoid the "hollywood" cliche actually cheapened them. Caliban never got to even see the people he was "helping" in the end. His dragon was slain without redemption.
>>
>>90685812
is this merchants first big movie?
>>
>>90683069
He moved the ground when he flipped the truck
>>
>>90688481
He was also the one moving the bricks in the wall when they were in the cell.

I didn't make the connection until later in the film when I saw him flip the truck. Pretty dope little nod there.
>>
>>90684750
>Depressing as hell. especially Xavier. Everything he worked for and believed in, and he himself ended up being a liability and danger to all mutants/killing his own students.
Seriousky what a way to shit on a character. So all Xavier did was for nothing and no new mutants will ever be created. I mean that evil company is still active. I would have prefer it if Logan had destroyed all the company to avenge his the mutants
>>
File: NE7637hFWvWTae_1_b.jpg (27KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NE7637hFWvWTae_1_b.jpg
27KB, 600x316px
In which scenes did the crowd laugh when you were watching the movie anons?
For me it was:
>The black fatty kid trying to run away
>Logan destroying his car
>W-Water in Xavier Grave
>Telling the loli to shut the fuck up
>Logan dying
>Pic related
>Everytime the Loli killed people
>>
File: NEuAFuEYa2hPyu_2_b.jpg (30KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEuAFuEYa2hPyu_2_b.jpg
30KB, 600x316px
I liked how Logan shat in all cape comics in general. I'll never read a comic ever again thanks Logan
>>
>>90689383
When he called the fat chick fat.

Professor X saying "fuck you"

when he scolded Professor x for "freaking the fuck out and having a seizure" was also chuckle inducing.
>>
>>90689246
Wouldn't the mutant kids escaping in the end indicate a new generation of mutants being born at some point? They just need to to not eat corn syrup.

Charles made Logan not abandon Laura, and made Laura promise to keep Logan alive, which led to Logan saving the mutant kids. So he did that in the end.
>>
>>90689383
There honestly wasn't that much laughter in my theater. I think we were all caught off guard by how heavy the movie was.
>>
X-24 felt too silly for this film's tone. Literal evil clone? I rolled my eyes. I get the symbolism but it was way too heavy-handed and obvious to have Logan fighting a literal evil version of himself.

The reavers should have been more threatening and Donald should have been the primary antagonist. Holbrook did a great job but he wasn't given enough to do. The reavers just felt like thugs with prosthetic limbs. Their "enhancements" really didn't seem to help them at all. I think the most that happens is one uses his robot hand to punch through a glass window.

The action at the end with the mutant children felt way too silly, especially their children of the corn murder of Pierce. I was emotionally invested and engaged with the film, but then a little girl opens her mouth and exhales cheap cgi ice. It was laughable. I get that there needed to be a new generation of mutants for a satisfying conclusion, but did their powers have to be so visually goofy?

Otherwise thought the film was pretty great for capeshit. I actually felt a range of emotions while watching it, which is more than I can say for either the DC or Marvel films.
>>
>>90663954
>>90664100
I 2nd no 'bubs'!
>>
>>90659868
"It wasn't for the FANS! It was for the CRITICS!"
Never thought I'd see that argument on here.
>>
>>90667333
It didn't even prevent them from being born; I'm pretty sure it just stopped them from activating.
>>
>>90689383
>I'm not a box of fucking avocados, Logan.
>Logan screaming at his 10 year old daughter to shut the fuck up.
>Logan destroys car
>Gore
>>
>>90659618

Pros
>Thinks I recognise!

Cons
>They didnt do this thing from the comics :((

What kind of shallow ass manbaby are you? I know this is /co/ but are you for real?
>>
>>90689421
Why are you on /co/ and not tv?

>>90689581
This is why I felt the using the "tone" excuse for the absence of the costume was dumb. Its one thing to not like the suit and tell me I'm an idiot with bad taste. I got a lot of that above. But to tell me this movie is so serious when he's fighting a non-speaking clone of himself, there's a main villain and then some over-arching big villain who all have very little motivation. It's not a serious film even if the johnny cash cover of a NIN song made us think it was going to be.
>>
>>90675465
Ah, sometimes they make the movie better. When the Digimon movie came out, I took my little sister to see it. It was just us and some retard in a wheel chair with his mother or nurse or whatever. The guy was probably in his 40s. Every time a new digimon would appear on the screen he would shout out it's name.

I don't know why, but it made the movie so much better.
>>
>>90689681
You took a capefilm super seriously and you think he's the man-baby?
>>
>>90679268
Cyclops is always under estimated.
>>
>>90689760
Always thought he jobbed in the power compartment, even as a kid. Unless you want to kill people or melt buildings, uncontrollable laser eyes suck ass.
>>
>>90689756
where the hell do you think you are?
>>
>>90689421
Logan as a character shits on comics because he is a hopeless alcoholic who has very few redeeming qualities. The movie actually shows comics in a very positive light as a source of hope and inspiration which gives the young mutants the strength to escape and improve their lives.
>>
>>90689383
I laughed inappropriately loud when the black kid had electricity powers.
>>
>>90689847
This. I didn't feel the movie was shitting all over the costume either. It acknowledged it and prominently showed it on the Wolverine toy and in the comics. Which Logan shits on because he shits on everything and the comics remind him of the dead X-men.
>>
>>90689803
>Unless you want to kill people or melt buildings
which was entirely the point, they were making weapons
>>
>>90689698
I mean I still don't think he should have had the costume in the movie. I agree with you that the movie had too many silly action elements, but that certainly doesn't justify putting MORE silly elements into the movie. That logic really doesn't make any sense. "There were some things in this movie that really didn't fit the tone and lessened the film's overall quality. I sure wish they had added in another even sillier thing though."

It is a pretty serious film that occasionally dips into silly comic territory, not the other way around.

I would have liked to see the costume show up in one of the earlier movies, but not Logan.
>>
>>90689581
>The reavers should have been more threatening
You didn't think they were threatening? I liked how professional and constantly on the ball they were, it felt like they were always only a few seconds away - cleaning up loose ends like the convenience store and the family, catching them unawares at the hotel, making use of the drones and trackers, ect.

Obviously none of them can aim and they all die when the shit starts flying, but that's just a given.
>>
>>90690346
They were constantly getting square chest hits. The problem was they were obviously taught to aim for the center of the man, and they would have needed to score multiple head shots just to slow Logan or Laura down.
>>
>>90685697
It does adapt OML, it's official, you need to cope with that. It adapted it as much as possible given the already established universe.

You keep repeating yourself embarrassingly and it's just awkward and weird to see a human being behave like this, I'm actually cringing. I actually get 50 year old neckbeard virgin vibe from you.

And the source is the fucking announcement of the film and Hugh Jackman talking about how they told him about the Old Man Logan comic and how they wanted to make a movie about it and he ended up loving the idea and it convinced him to come back.
>>
>>90690913
Did you watch the film?

Did you read OML?

The only similarities are he's old, not as old as OML, and there's a road trip.

Awesome personal insults bro. My penis definitely hasn't been in a vagina!

Now back to other topic you clearly know absolutely nothing about, Old Man Logan.
>>
>>90678564
>black kid has lightning powers
>>
>>90683204
CREEEEEEEEEEEED

HOWLEEETTTTTTT
>>
>>90690346
The pose no more threat to Logan than a group of normal mercenaries would have. They were not shown to be particularly elite or effective. The only reason they managed to be even slightly successful is because of Caliban and X-24, otherwise they would have been completely useless. Pierce even says that he's been "enhanced" but his enhancement is just a prosthetic hand that is barely more advanced than prosthetics that we have today in the real world.

Personally I would have liked to see the reavers with more varied and useful enhancements. It seemed like basically every one of them just had a robot hand. No bionic eyes or special weaponized parts or upgrades designed specifically to bring down mutants. Just robot hands. I found them to be pretty dull and forgettable.
>>
>>90691187
It's really sad how you keep repeating and embarrassing yourself non-stop

You have my genuine pity as you are just one awful human being
>>
>>90691616
I think he's just trolling, it's pretty clear that a desolate future without the X-Men and a Logan that has lost those he loved is fucking OML.
>>
>>90691664
>>90691616
I truthfully think you're the trolls. I'm not even saying that jokingly. What fucking points have you made? Other than say I'm a man baby, a virgin, tell me incorrect things about comics you haven't read, you haven't said a single fucking thing of substance.

You don't belong on /co/ if you think that was Old Man Logan. I fucking hate that story but I remember it quite fucking vividly.

Completely different motivations, completely different reasons for the x-men being killed, completely different villain, completely different state of the "dystopian" world. I named the two similarities and you faggots have nothing to back that assertion other than hugh jackman saying he likes OML fucking 5 years ago before they even wrote the fucking script?

Fuck off.

OML was an actual dystopian future. Logan seemed more like a future without x-men. there was no dystopian feel besides them living in a desert which you could do right now.
>>
>>90691789
>I truthfully think you're the trolls.
Stopped reading there. You're not worth my time anymore.
>>
>>90691789
tl;dr
>>
>>90691872
>everything you said is true
>I'll make a quick reply about how I didn't read it though.

and I'm the troll...
>>
>>90691664
>>90690913
I'm not the anon you're replying to, I certainly don't think Logan should have worn the costume in this flick, but you can't seriously believe that Logan is an adaptation of OML. At most the filmmaker's were inspired by the premise of OML and then ran with it in a completely different direction. They are both stories about an aging Logan going on a roadtrip in a world without the X-men, but that's where the similarities end. The tone, story, themes, and characters are completely different.

And I really don't care if the filmmakers said its an adaptation or not. Filmmakers are often full of shit. George Lucas has a fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars and I ignore everything he says about the characters and story because he's just wrong, even if he is the creator. And if Mangold and Jackman say that Logan is an adaptation of OML (and I'm not sure they ever actually said that) then they are wrong.
>>
>>90691187
Its basically like if you had Civil War without the plot of Superheroes need to be working with the government.

But at least the movie did that.
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.