[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Howard the Duck was fun, and I appreciate Chip's humor in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Howard the Duck was fun, and I appreciate Chip's humor in Sex Criminals. What do you guys think of him having a Spider-Man comic?
I'm actually pretty excited for it, but that might just be because I'm longing for a fun Spidey comic.
>>
>>90658716
>tfw its not a continuation of the cartoon
what's the even point.
>>
>>90658897
>He doesn't know that it was a comic first
/tv/ please.
>>
Liberty probably won't stay long
>>
>>90658716
It will be cancelled. Just like Spidey.

The End.
>>
>>90658716
I'm expecting ten issues then cancelled.
>>
>>90659559
Spidey wasn't canon. Also, Spidey was about teen Spider-Man and no one fucking wants that.
>>
>>90661332
i would unironically love a series by Chip that was about a teenage peter in a non-canon universe.
teenage Peter Parker is my favorite.
>>
>>90661332
where does the teen spidey hate come from?
i loved old ultimate and marvel adventures spider-man.
>>
>>90662512
It's not so much hate as it is people getting really tired of Marvel going back to that well.
>>
>>90662587
but if the new well is filled with weird unfun bullshit, maybe the old well is a better option.
>>
>>90661386
>>90662512
Teen Spidey is the same generic shit you'd see on any action show on Nick Toons, the only time where it was done well was during Spectacular and 616. Whenever they do it anyway its not even done right, original teen Spidey was angsty and questioned whether he was doing the right thing/on the path he wanted to go down all the time. Not to mention that Peter was only a teenager for a few issues and the most iconic stories were when he was outside of highschool dealing with college drama and marriage issues.

Also, hate to break it to you, but Ultimate Spider-Man wasn't as good as you remember. It reeks of Bendis' same old shit and is only memorable because he condensed all the good stories Peter had into one book, and they weren't even good as the original ones he stole the plots of. The only good thing I can say about Ultimate was Clone Saga, but every Clone Saga is better than 616 Clone Saga.
>>
>>90662702
I think I have a bad opinion on this one, but I never liked the darker, more serious stories about Spider-Man. I always preferred it to be fun and bordering on comedic. Having it's moments is fine, but "college drama and marriage issues" isn't really what I want when I want to read a spider-man book.
>>
>>90662702
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man > Ultimate Spider-Man
>>
I'm excited for it just because it's a current Spidey comic not written by Slott.
>>
>>90662800
ASM was fun too, Peter did all kinds of goofy shit like drive a Spider-Buggy because he was paid to, only to remember that he never got a license and ended up crashing it (I don't think Slott understands it was a joke though). The thing with ASM though is that it was light hearted, but every now and again they'd punch you in the gut with something like Harry dealing with drug addiction or Peter having to visit a kid who was dying of Leukemia. It felt more real because it didn't have to resort to being "grim dark" in order to be serious.

>>90662902
I agree with this.
>>
zdarsky isn't a good writer tho
>>
>>90663033
honestly, I haven't read a ton of ASM. I started reading comics with Ultimate Spider-Man and saw that ASM was well into the 500's or some shit so I just didn't bother. All the storytime's on /co/ were stuff like Kraken's Last Hunt which was never a great entry for it imo
what ASM stories should I be reading?
>>
>>90663115
You sound like someone who'd enjoy Conway's run of ASM, which is basically issues 111-149.

What I usually tell my friends is to read Spider-Man Blue, and if they like it they should get some 616 Spidey recs.
>>
goatee.cx
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.