[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any worse fanbase than the "late 90s/early 00s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 1432760984353.png (211KB, 331x352px) Image search: [Google]
1432760984353.png
211KB, 331x352px
Is there any worse fanbase than the "late 90s/early 00s were the golden years!" faggots at the moment?

I used to think the MCU sycophants were the worst people on the board, but it's seeming they are only second tier in that regard
>>
t. steven universe fan
>>
>>90654275
You really couldn't be more wrong, guy
>>
>>90654249

>early 2000's

Early/mid 2000's were the darkest timeline. The music, the clothes, the haircuts, all that post-Matrix shit that invaded pop culture in general, comics still shaking off the last drips of the edgelord 90's.

Some of the TV and cartoons were pretty good, but that's about it.
>>
They're not the ones crying MUH CAPEKINO, so I disagree.
>>
>>90654493
Don't lie, The Sickness, Iowa, Meteora, Hybrid Theory, Toxicity, and Untouchables are all good albums despite the stigma
>>
they were though. they had the perfect mix of serious story telling and fun and although there was a fair share of lame ones as well there was so much variety that it didn't matter. Cartoon network in the early 2000s was the highlight of all television and nickelodeon closely rivaled it. You had high budget animation, great writing and unique humor from show to show. It feels like now you see cut corners everywhere, everything has the same bland humor styling and when they go for serious storytelling it feels contrived and unplanned.
>>
File: Korn_Follow.jpg (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Korn_Follow.jpg
197KB, 500x500px
>>90654815
Nu-metal was great. Don't forget Get Some, Three Dollar Bill Y'all$, Slipknot's self titled, whatever the fuck Adema's first album was called, White Pony, Around the Fur and Follow the Leader.

Also based McFarlane doing the album art for Follow the Leader, the singles and those bits in the music videos.
>>
>>90655158
>they had the perfect mix of serious story telling and fun and although there was a fair share of lame ones as well there was so much variety that it didn't matter.
Same could be said about the modern era, it's just that so many people on this board thing CN is the only network that exists and never moved past the CN/Nick mindset
>>
>>90654249
Sometimes I think that it's just nostalgia but then Samurai Jack comes along and outclasses everything media related so hard with simple classic storytelling and I remember that things truly have gone to shit.
>>
>>90654249
>t. underage b&
What did he mean by this?

90/00's had awesome cartoons because artists and writers weren't afraid of hurting tumblrinas' feelings. It was pretty bitchin.
>>
>>90655269
I don't get the love for Samurai Jack at all...
Now, I assume you're probably around the same age as me (late 20s) give or take a couple years but man, that show always seemed like wasted potential to me, it had a cool concept and cool characters but the show was fucking boring and the action was boring, which was the main thing it had going for it in theory, compared to anime of the time....

I remember feeling literally bored to death and wishing I could skip fight scenes in Samurai Jack because they were not very well animated or fluid and they drew them out so much, like do we really need to see a close up of each persons face twenty times before something happens, I know it's supposed to be somewhat satirical but it just made for boring action
>>
>>90655500
It's visual storytelling at it's purest. If you don't appreciate classic cartoons from way back or Kung Fu movies you might be bored by it, but you're also part of the problem.
>>
>>90655610
I love classic cartoons and Hong Kong cinema, Samurai Jack is boring...there is a right way to do things and a wrong way, if you think you can compare Samurai Jack to any classic kung fu movies you probably haven't watched many of them and just heard that from somebody else
>>
>>90654493
People seem to forget that for a while the coolest shit was making fun of bush and watching shitty flash videos
>>
>>90655456
How old are you? If 25 or under which I presume you are, shut the fuck up
>>
Anti-SUfags, I've never even watched the show before and don't really plan on doing it, but do we really need hundreds of hate threads daily?
>>
File: 1462313588040.gif (189KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1462313588040.gif
189KB, 500x380px
>>90655883
>No U!
Hardly, spaz.
>>
>>90655718
You are a pleb with shit taste that knows nothing.
>>
File: SS_3.png (1MB, 1069x799px) Image search: [Google]
SS_3.png
1MB, 1069x799px
>>90655961
Ok, then you remember how many episodes of shows got pulled off the air for just the reasons you described as being wrong with shows today

Retard

As if it even matters in the first place, "muh crude humor" faggots are as bad as "muh fun" faggots, get fucked
>>
>>90655960
pancakefag.png
>>
>>90656019
First of all, I was being nice....absolutely nothing about Samurai Jack has anything to do with Hong Kong cinema of kung fu movies, you're thinking of an entirely different genre of film which is the Japanese samurai films, once again, I doubt you've ever watched any of them....

But even still Samurai Jack fails to be as good as what it attempts to pay homage to
>>
>>90655960
maybe it's like a long term plan that puts SUhatefags in the wrong for spamming and eventually if you say anything bad about SU you get banned or be sent to you containment board. or worst, SU having their own board. /su/ really feels like skynet or something
>>
>>90656116
I'm the guy who was originally talking to you, not the guy who attacked you with buzzwords, but if you think Samurai Jack has absolutely nothing to do with old Kung Fu movies then you really don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>90655718
I used to think this growing up, but a quick rewatch proved me wrong
>>
File: pc-joke.jpg (127KB, 894x1149px) Image search: [Google]
pc-joke.jpg
127KB, 894x1149px
>>90656046
They may have gotten pulled after they aired a couple times but the artists didn't censor their work because they thought they might hurt someone's feelings. No one really had to apologize and with the exception of Ren and Stimpy, I don't remember anyone getting fired over "offensive" episodes.
>>
>>90656255
Kung Fu flicks tended to have amazing and spectacular action scenes that were really something to behold for their time and to this day are far more impressive than most choreographed fight scenes you see in todays lazy action films

Samurai Jack never was anywhere near that level of being simply impressive, even for animation it seemed very lazy, DBZ did the whole ADHD action thing better and DBZ was awful

>>90656305
>they didn't get censored
>but their work got taken off the air
Uh ok

You're a /pol/ faggot, probably some fat unattractive guy with a neckbeard and tiny cock, move on
>>
The late 90's to early 2000's were great for cartoons though. Yeah the music and fashion and a lot of other things were pretty shitty, but in the context of things that are actually relevant to this board they were pretty fucking solid.
>>
File: crying-baby-272x300.jpg (22KB, 272x300px) Image search: [Google]
crying-baby-272x300.jpg
22KB, 272x300px
>>90654249
>Is there any worse fanbase than the "late 90s/early 00s were the golden years!" faggots at the moment?
People who wine about fan bases.
>>
>>90656046
i thought this was pulled because the silver surfer guy threatened to sue? i guess the "gay stereotype/drunk krunk" thing is juicier
>>
>>90654249
>>90655269
>>90655610
Okay bud, we heard what you don't like. So what do you like ?
>>
>>90656429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPNuZ9W9-Q

You don't have a leg to stand on. It's a bait thread everybody, move along.
>>
File: disapproval.jpg (14KB, 105x237px) Image search: [Google]
disapproval.jpg
14KB, 105x237px
>>90656966
>that shitty animation

How the fuck did you people tolerate looking at this shit? I never watched Samurai Jack as a kid so I didn't know the extent of it but jesus fuck it's worse than TTG and TTG is supposed to look goofy. It's just so...geometric.
>>
>>90654249
t. 12-year-old
>>
>>90654493
Then 10s arrived and we find out the 00s were just the appetizer.
>>
>>90654249
They plague almost every medium, claiming everything was better then, which it kind of was desu
>>
>>90657187
Yeah who the fuck wants geometry in their art?
>>
File: kotick.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kotick.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
Here's a list of of the shows the Big 3 aired from 1997 to 2006, which I think personally was the end of the early 2000s.
What one did /co/ watch the most back then, and which one do you think is the strongest lineup now ?

CN
>PPG
>Dexter
>Johnny Bravo
>EENE
>Grim Adventures
>KND
>Courage
>Sheep in the big City
>Robot Jones
>Class of 3000
>Squirrel Boy
>Lazlo
>Puffy AmiYumi
>Time Squad
>Megas XLR
>Cow And Chicken
>I Am Weasel
>Mike Lu and Og
>Clone Wars

Nick+Nicktoons
>Hey Arnold
>CatDog
>Angry Beavers
>Thornberrys
>Rocket Power
>As Told By Ginger
>Kablam!
>Invader Zim
>Jimmy Neutron
>Chalkzone
>Danny Phantom
>MLaaTR
>The X's
>Mr Meaty
>Catscratch
>Fairy Odd Parents
>Spongebob
>Ren and Stimpy
>Rocko
>Real Monsters

Disney
>Recess
>Proud Family
>Kim Possible
>Lilo and Stitch
>Jake Long: American Slong
>The Replacements
>The Buzz on Maggie
>Brandy and Mr Whiskers
>Emperors New School
>Dave The Barbarian
>Hercules
>Buzz Lightyear
>House of Mouse (GOAT)
>Pepper Ann
>Lloyd in Space
>Teamo Supremo
>Teachers Pet
>>
>>90656966
>literally OVER two minutes of nothing but silent walking in a four minute clip
You proved my point

>needless slowmotion to spread out time
>needless glaring across the non scenery for way too many seconds
>when any action happens it's too stiff to be interesting to look at

Sorry this isn't good, it TRIES to pay homage to certain things but it fails in the eyes of anybody who's ever actually seen the real thing
>>
>>90657314
Lots of those shows are awful, in fact most of them are awful....very awful
>>
>>90657522
You could literally make any and all of those complaints about the so-called "real thing". You're bait is uninspired, fuck off.
>>
>>90657314
ppg
dexter
grim
courage

arnold
rocko

kim

literally the only good shows on your long list, you're just a nostalgia fag who love any garbage show as long as it wasnt produced in current year
>>
>>90657612
No you couldn't, but you've never seen the "real thing", you're just a faggot who tried to backpedal after he said SAMURAI Jack was a homage to KUNG FU. Kill yourself you fucking queer from some white suburban neighborhood.
>>
>>90657660
Yeah Kung Fu movies never had needless slow motion, extended periods of silence, close ups of glaring faces, or stiff action. Off to find a rope.
>>
>>90657660
>samurai jack
>not a homage to kungfu movies
It's possible to take inspiration from multiple conflicting sources, hence the homage, all this talk about the real thing makes you look like a pretentious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahz1pBZcy60
>>
>>90657617
>Megas XLR
>KND
>Clone Wars
>Kablam!
>not good
A lot of shows on that list are not good but you are trying so hard that you missed a lot of good shows on that lyst all because you don't want to be a "nostalgia fag."
>>
>>90658508
>>Megas XLR
What was good about this show? Other than catering to Mountain Dew drinkers and being something anime faggots could watch and say "HEY GUYS, ITS NOT ANIME BUT ITS KINDA PANDERING TO US"

>>KND
Fine if people liked it, I didn't

>>Clone Wars
Hate Star Wars

>>Kablam!
What was good about this other than nostalgia
>>
>>90658197
Like I said....there is a right way to do things and a wrong way, imitation doesn't always equal success
>>
Does this have anything to do with Samurai Jack?
>>
File: dance.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dance.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>90658759
>Kablam
the cartoon variety show thing works well. also it's friggin adorable.
>>
>>90658797
Keep moving those goalposts dumbfuck.
>>
>>90658841
Samurai Jack is from that time period and quite recently returned and effortlessly beat the fuck out of the entire animation industry in just 20 minutes.
>>
>>90658953
I literally said that like...at the beginning of the thread somewhere

But okay, you don't watch Hong Kong cinema nor do you watch Japanese samurai movies, you're a know nothing who watches fucking Samurai Jack, a mediocre action show that was overshadowed by even the Powerpuff Girls. Kill yoursellf queer.

>>90658939
Kablam had nothing memorable or special. It served it's purpose for the time, aka taking up space and entertaining dumbshit kids, but in restrospect nothing about it was remarkable or notable in the least
>>
All this bait...wew

CN
>PPG
>Dexter
>Johnny Bravo
>EENE
>Grim Adventures
>KND
>Courage
>Megas XLR
>Cow And Chicken
>I Am Weasel

Nick+Nicktoons
>Jimmy Neutron
>Chalkzone
>Danny Phantom
>MLaaTR
>Catscratch
>Fairy Odd Parents
>Spongebob

Disney
>Recess
>Kim Possible
>Lilo and Stitch
>Jake Long
>Brandy and Mr Whiskers
>Emperors New School
>Dave The Barbarian

I watched all of those, and I'd say the ones on CN hold up, pretty iffy on the others tho
>>
>>90655226
name some. Closest I can think is gravity falls but it's ending was terrible and was impossible to take seriously.
>>
>>90659014
Yeah and you are still ignoring the fact that Samurai Jack absolutely is an homage to Kung Fu movies when you said it wasn't with all your insecure superior knowledge about everything. All the complaints you lodged against it were all complaints you could make about old Kung Fu and hey lets throw in Samurai movies as well. You're on a comics and cartoons board attempting to shit on what is objectively one of the best western cartoons ever made, at least by anyone who appreciates the medium. Just shut the fuck up and pack it in, you are an embarrassment.
>>
>>90655456
This

>>90654249
>I'm not worst generation, YOU are!
Kys, post '94 baby
>>
yes, just wait 5 more years for the millennials
>>
>>90655456
And early 90s had even better ones because artists and writers weren't hampered by greedy executives.
>>
Some people just don't understand samurai jack. It dipped it's brush in all kinds of genres, and usually did pretty good expire meeting with it.
The rave episode, the shinobi episode, the haunted house, 300, x-9, four assassins
You either get the series, or you don't. I hate to be the "muh Art" cause samurai jack had some shaky episodes, but overall, it was excellent. The new season has me hyped.
>>
>>90656429
I said the artists didn't censor their work, that's a whole nother ballpark from having your work censored, my autistic friend.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.