[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While Rebirth has done away with a lot of the absolute garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: DC_Universe_Rebirth.jpg (72KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Universe_Rebirth.jpg
72KB, 400x296px
While Rebirth has done away with a lot of the absolute garbage decisions of the New 52, I still think that the highest highs of N52 were better than the best of what we've seen from Rebirth. Overall I've liked Rebirth, but there haven't been any comics that I've read and thought "oh my God I need this on my shelf now" (except maybe Flintstones but that doesn't totally count)
>>
>>90618684
I would agree, though I'm in the minority (on /co/ at least) that are really enjoying king's batman. I'll probably pick up snyder's first volume of all star as well.

Nothing else stands out though
>>
>>90618684
I really dont like Rebirth especially for new (old) Superman. I thought New52 provided more variety. Now I just buy 4 books whereas i used to get around 10 books during New 52 (although double shipping means I'm buying 8 books a month)
>>
And how many of those highs came out during the very first year of n52?
>>
>>90618684
>I still think that the highest highs of N52 were better than the best of what we've seen from Rebirth
Pretty much
>>
File: New 52 Rebirth.jpg (1MB, 1548x3264px) Image search: [Google]
New 52 Rebirth.jpg
1MB, 1548x3264px
>>90618929
Enough
>>
>>90618975
This is a terrible chart
>>
>>90618975
impressively shit taste, anon
>>
>>90618684
>While Rebirth has done away with a lot of the absolute garbage decisions of the New 52

A lot of the new 52 is still around, including a lot of the bad decisions.

Rebirth has changed a small handful of things, but hell, most changes people like happened before Rebirth. Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark came out of convergence, Titans Hunt brought back the OG team, Cass and Steph came back in B&R Eternal, etc etc.

The only things Rebirth really brought back was DinahXOllie and Wally to round out the OG Titans. I guess they did finally put a bullet in the poisoned well that was the New 52 Titans as far as getting rid of something goes, but that's about it. Even New 52 Superman isn't really gone, just being integrated in a different way.
>>
>>90620467
>The only things Rebirth really brought back was DinahXOllie and Wally to round out the OG Titans. I guess they did finally put a bullet in the poisoned well that was the New 52 Titans as far as getting rid of something goes, but that's about it. Even New 52 Superman isn't really gone, just being integrated in a different way.

I think the biggest change wasn't one that happened on the page, but an editorial shift in focus towards "what the old fans wanted all along" As to whether that plays out into great stories, we'll still have to see. As much shit as DCYou got, the creative freedom writers were given led to some great stuff
>>
>>90619672
>>90620277
>rebirth baby tears
>>
>>90621403
I haven't been very impressed with Rebirth so far, but that chart is absolute shit.
>>
>>90621557
>It's shit because I claim it's shit without any reason.
>>
>>90621557
No.
>>
>>90618975
My only issue is Aquaman is rated good-decent and RHatO didnt make the cut. What gives?
>>
>>90621601
Alright let's go down the list

>Batwoman's solo series was only redeemed by the art and the writing was a massive step down from Rucka
>Batwing was the epitome of forgettable
>buying into the "He's super serious you guys!" Aquaman run
>King's Batman which turned out to be insanely overhyped and divisive at best
>Detective Comics which completely fell apart after the first arc
>>
>>90621705
Aquaman is good but not amazing, at least not for the first year.

>Lobdell
>>
>>90621601
Your chart has Batwing on it. That was the biggest snoozefest comic around.
>>
>>90621738
>>Batwoman's solo series was only redeemed by the art
But it is godtier art and that alone makes it at the very least decent
>massive step down from Rucka
Not really. Don't buy into the hype, the short Detective Comics run wasn't brilliantly written either.
If Batwoman doesn't make it then neither does Trinity and Green Arrow on the other side
>>Batwing was the epitome of forgettable
It was a good comic for the first year while Ben Oliver was on art, not amazing but the tier covers anything from decent to good.
>>buying into the "He's super serious you guys!" Aquaman run
It's a good run
>>King's Batman which turned out to be insanely overhyped and divisive at best
Even your post doesn't say anything about it being shit tier or anything. If anything you agree that it's rated accurately
>>Detective Comics which completely fell apart after the first arc
Yeah it's real shit but I'm throwing rebirth babies a bone
>>
>>90621806
Better than 90% of Rebirth.
>>
>>90618975
>Includes Batwing
>Ignores Grayson

Maximum pleb
>>
>>90621904
It's not better than anything. It's blander than skim milk. Unless you think Rebirth is filled to the brim with character assassination or something then it necessarily is better than a story with no character at all.
>>
>>90622004
Grayson wasn't part of the first year of New 52 and doesn't exist in Rebirth. Idiot.
>>
>>90618929
There was a lot of good material in the second wave

> Curse of Shazam
> The first Batbook led by a character with zero relation to Batman
>>
>>90622039
>It's blander than skim milk
Sounds like Rebirth.
>>
>>90618684
>Overall I've liked Rebirth, but there haven't been any comics that I've read and thought "oh my God I need this on my shelf now"

I've kind of felt the same way with the exception the "Emerald Outlaw" storyline in Percy's Green Arrow Rebirth

>I still think that the highest highs of N52 were better than the best of what we've seen from Rebirth

I think DCYou was probably the biggest risk taker that the company's done since probably the first Crisis and it had a lot of really cool takes on classic characters (Robo-Bats, Vigilante GL, a street gang of Robins, a Ms. Marvel take on Doc Fate, etc.). In hindsight, while that might have been DC's lowest point financially and critically, I still wish that they had kept going instead of reverting back to square one
>>
>>90618684
>comparing a timeframe of 5+ years with a timeframe of just a few months

give it time
>>
>>90618684
All new all now Marvel is Tumblr pandering, while Rebirth is reddit pandering. Everything in Rebirth is just rehashed, by the numbers-generic Cape comics. I think Cape comics are completely dead in terms of creativity.
>>
>>90622638
To be fair we're almost a year in.

What is in the lineup for second wave? All I've heard about is Super Sons and Batwoman
>>
>>90622847
And JLA. So just more bland shit.
>>
>>90622983
Weren't /co/'s collective dicks super hard for JLA a few months ago?
>>
>>90623203
I think most people were meh on the roster but hype for Orlando

the finished product has been readable but not good so far
>>
>>90622847
Legion of Super-Heroes I think. And since it's my favorite group, I'm pumped.
>>
>>90623203
You're kinda reinforcing this guy >>90622841 's point
Redit is the place with a hivemind. But yes, rebirthfags were crazy about it because newcomer Orlando was on writing and the cast included a lot of lesser known/used characters. And then it came out and Orlando proved to be a crap writer when not doing Midnighter.
>>
>>90622847
the second wave was just Batwoman, Super Sons and JLA I think? They haven't announced any new Rebirth books

although JSA and LOSH are probably happening this year (or early next year)
>>
>>90623412
Maybe they'll be Wave 3 so they should start around June/July. If not then Wave 4 which might be 2018.
>>
>>90621744
RHATO is good. Have you even read it?
>>
>>90623517
Rebirth Red Hood is ok but New 52 RHATO was absolutely awful tripe. It'd be the worst book DC made if not for Teen Titans being so monumentally bad.

Both written by Lobdell, of course. Same reason New 52 Superman was also so bad for so long. Lobdell's generally awful.
>>
>>90621878
> Batwoman art god tier
Shit layouts were shit, anon. It was boring. Pretty but I'll never look at it again. It sure as fuck was't great.
>>
>>90622841
I prefer to think lf it as a coma.
I think there is plenty of room for creativity in cape comics, but as of now...
>>
>>90624335
Pleb detected.
>>
>>90621904
>>90622087
>this guy
>>
>>90618975
>no Rebirth RHatO
>no Rebirth Green Lanterns
>no Rebirth Hal and friends
>no Rebirth Titans
>no Rebirth Teen Titans
>no Rebirth Aquaman
You have terrible taste.
>>
>>90624527
Scathing.
>>
>>90625530
But there is no column named mediocre.
>>
>>90625530
>no Rebirth Green Lanterns
>no Rebirth Hal and friends
These were ok

>no Rebirth Teen Titans
This is just the latest in a long line of Titans runs to fuck up trying to recapture the Wolfman/Perez run. I even say that as someone who thinks that run is kind of overrated

>no Rebirth RHatO
Ok this is definitely good, but Jasonfags need to calm the fuck down about it. Jason has one book that isn't absolute dogshit and they act like it should win the Pulitzer
>>
>>90623957
I now remember Lobdell was on both Action Comics and Superman for a couple of months
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.