[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Youuuuuuuuuuuuu and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Will ride the rainbow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: rainbow.jpg (38KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow.jpg
38KB, 800x450px
Youuuuuuuuuuuuu and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Will ride the rainbow higher and higherrrr

What went wrong?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 217x232px
Rainbow Brite? Tried to make an MLP clone, I assume?
>>
>>90610800
New zelda is cuter
>>
>>90610745
They only had 3 episodes. 3 very very badly animated episodes.

Besides it was about to become Star Vs Forces of evil for 5 year olds. With piss poor canadian flash animation, compared to Star's in house animation.

Too bad, because Rainbow Brite was actually charming and cute, unlike Star's 30 year old something thick voice and her retard DeeDee personality, except dumber.
>>
>>90611134
Star WAS animated in Canada.
>>
File: RainbowBriteRIP.png (88KB, 808x416px) Image search: [Google]
RainbowBriteRIP.png
88KB, 808x416px
>>90610745

>three episodes
>>
>>90610745
Lack of plot and episodes. They had a chance to make the show into something but made it into nothing instead.
>>
>>90611158
First 5 episodes were animated in Canada, but nothing after that was.

But all the original character designs, special poses, storyboards, timing, backgrounds, colors, etc. were and have always been done by Americans at the studio.
>>
>>90610745
YOU AND ME WILL ALL GO DOWN IN HISTORY
>>
>>90611321
0I'd say it was a nice warm up for Star vs.
>>
File: starlight_2014.png (274KB, 846x466px) Image search: [Google]
starlight_2014.png
274KB, 846x466px
>>90611362
>lack of plot
It had plot
>>
>>90610745
They watered-down and cutified the fuck out of the original to appeal to today's borderline-retarded tweens. This shit is vapid pablum compared to the 80's kids. And Starlite no longer sounds cultured.
>>
>>90610745
They did 3 episodes and called it season 1. The villains had no personality. They didn't do cool shit with rainbows.

Honestly, pretty par for the course given that of the original run, Peril in the Pits, the Great Monstromurk Menace, and the Beginning of Rainbow Land were the only good episodes, with the movie being good, and then the rest of the episodes taking a dive in writing.

The issue is the stuff that made Rainbow Brite really good back in the day were the Japanese elements of fantastic monster design and using the Color Belt like a green lantern ring. Also, this was back when they knew how to animate horses and Starlight was an arrogant talking horse instead of some sort of beefcake dis-jointed mess.
>>
>>90610745
had potential, and that god damned horse was hilarious. But to squeeze it all into three episodes meant it suffered heavily from compression. And not even 3 real episodes, 2 11 minute episodes.
>>
Is there R34 of this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.