[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOX >Wolverine is allowed to smoke cigars >Every X-Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 18

FOX
>Wolverine is allowed to smoke cigars
>Every X-Men film since First Class is allowed one fuck per movie
>R rated films with tons of violence

Disney Marvel:
>No smoking because it's bad
>Tony Stark can't have a faithful demon in a bottle storyline because alcoholism is bad
>No f bombs in the movies and adult Netflix shows because swearing is bad
>No R rated films because Disney is a "family company"

Why is Fox Marvel so based?
>>
Too bad all those fucks and all that violence couldn't help them from making 5 god awful xmen movies.
>>
>>90592502

FOX MARVEL isnt particularly based, the issue is Disney, for them a superhero movie should be something kids could see in reruns on the Disney channel. You will never get a non disneychannelable Disney Marvel movie.
>>
1 billion dollars is worth compromising a few F-bombs
>>
>>90592502
Demon in a Botte wasn't adapted because RDJ is a pussy and refused to do it cause he was an alocholic.
>>
File: IMG_0404.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
You know what. Let fox keep the xmen. Ops right. If anything both fox and disney should share the xmen, having two versions
>>
>No smoking because it's bad
To be fair, this was Quesadilla's decision and predates the Disney buyout.
>>
>>90592502
>>Tony Stark can't have a faithful demon in a bottle storyline because alcoholism is bad
It's not so much that but the very presence of alcohol is rare, so how can you show someone addicted to something that you don't even see half the time

>>No R rated films because Disney is a "family company"
Why would you want an R-rated film, you can accomplish just as much with a story without showing gore. Movies aren't necessarily improved by huge guts

>>No f bombs in the movies and adult Netflix shows because swearing is bad
cursing is edgy. no really, putting swear words in a movie to seem adult is just edgy. Yeah, it makes sense for adults to swear, but criticizing a movie for not having swears isn't really an important criticism
>>
>>90592539

They only made 1 and half bad X-Men movies.
>>
>>90592932
What the fuck!? I hate Quesada even more than I already did.
>>
>>90592502
Netflix shows each have one "fuck" a season.
>>
>>90593031
Daredevil, jessica jones, and luke cage did not.
>>
>>90593016
His father died of lung cancer so he's imposing that trauma on us
>>
>>90592865
Should and would are two different things, two versions would deter from the franchise too much and would confuse and intimidate the audience.

Even if each movie started with (THIS IS FOX WE ARE NOT DISNEY) it would still confuse people, fuck saying the phrase "star wars 1" confuses people still.
>>
>>90592502
>Tony Stark can't have a faithful demon in a bottle storyline because alcoholism is bad

Tony Stark as portrayed in Marvel Studios productions is clearly an alcoholic.

If anything you're arguing the reverse of the position you're trying to take.
>>
>>90593168
>Tony Stark as portrayed in Marvel Studios productions is clearly an alcoholic.
That explains the crap acting.
>>
>>90592502

The MPAA forced Marvel to remove all traces of tony stark's alcoholism to keep a PG-13 rating.

Welcome to Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan
>>
>>90592865
>If anything both fox and disney should share the xmen, having two versions
That's not happening, only for characters that are split due to rights like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver due to being Avengers and X-Men. Fox are clinging to their character rights.
>>
>>90593102
Daredevil season 1 has Clare say it as the Russian is gagging her.
Luke Cage had it early on, I think when Cottenmouth threw the guy off the roof.
Jessica Jones had it when the druggie was detoxing and he shouted "Fuck you, Jessica."
Can't remember when it was in DDs2.
>>
>>90593222
And yet he was clearly still portrayed as an alcoholic.
>>
File: gwen 4.jpg (95KB, 804x789px) Image search: [Google]
gwen 4.jpg
95KB, 804x789px
>>90593222
>the MPAA is in any way beholden to the government of the united states
>>
>>90593137
He's a fat fuck, why doesn't he ban donuts in comics too.
>>
>>90593222
Shouldn't it be Trump's Republic of Hitlerstan? Or Trump's Union of Putingrad?
>>
>>90593501
Trump wasn't Lord Emperor back then.
>>
File: MPAA.jpg (36KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
MPAA.jpg
36KB, 480x316px
>>90593222
>>
Fox is retarded because they took nearly 20 years to finally do what fans have been telling them all along: Make Wolverine R-rated.

And they only did it because Deadpool, another idea they fought against and had no faith in, showed that they were being retarded and that an R-rated cape film could make money.

So Fox is pretty fucking stupid, as is anyone who thinks that EVERY cape film needs to be an R-rated gorefest.
>>
>>90593701
Disney pls
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>90592502
GODDAMMIT OP BECAUSE OF THE CHILDREN!! DUUUUHHH!!!
>>
>>90592589

they said shit like 3 times in Civil War, is fuck really that much worse?
>>
>>90593168

Has Tony even had a drink since Avengers? Like I think IM3, AoU, CW, he didn't have a single drink.
>>
>>90593879

It's actually really fucking weird if he didn't, considering Thor has had 2 really obvious "he really likes to drink" jokes since then.
>>
>>90593845
the MPAA will make any movie with more than one instance of the word fuck a R, even if all other aspects are the same.
>>
Shit like this is why Fox is gonna start thinking the key to good movies is making it R Rated and having the characters say "fuck" in every other sentence.
>>
>>90593912

so why couldn't they have one fuck when they already have people saying shit all the time? I mean on Disney's side, assuming they care about keeping a PG-13, why are they so ok with the word shit but not fuck?
>>
>>90593964
because shitting is a natural bodily process, while fucking is dirty shameful sin.
>>
>>90593935
We 80s comics now.
>>
>>90593992

what's your opinion on Captain America saying "bitch"?
>>
>>90593964
Disney does want to keep them rated PG-13 because they can get the widest potential audience that way. They had to cut Avengers a few times to keep it from being R-rated.

And the MPAA has never made any sense.
>>
>>90593964
Probably because even though there's no official rule, the "one fuck allowed per PG-13 film" unofficial rule is so widely known that it's on the level of including the Wilhelm scream. It's legitimately immersion breaking when you notice "welp, looks like the movie just used their one fuck budget."
>>
>>90593008
No they made Xmen, the last stand, Apocalypse, and the 2 wolverines, all these are horrible, Logan is fristclass lv, and United and DOFP are great
>>
>>90594015
I personally do not think Cap should be calling ladies bitch. Tony can call women bitches.
>>
>>90594051

what about when he called Fury a son of a bitch?
>>
>>90594021
>They had to cut Avengers a few times to keep it from being R-rated.

I thought it was just the part where Coulson got stabbed
>>
>>90592502
Netflix Marvel has been more violent and sexual than any of the Fox movies though. People getting decapitated with car doors or pistol-whipped to death, sex scenes, lesbians, references to rape and alcohol abuse, etc. Give the rights back to Marvel but only show the mutants in Netflix series.
>>
>>90594044
X-Men 1 and The Wolverine are both great for capeshit and better than the majority of what Marvel has put out
>>
>>90592539
>>90594044
And that's only considering the X-men movies. Fox is also responsible for Daredevil, Electra, Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer, Fant4stic, Blade: Trinity, etc.. Fox is fucking retarded.
>>
Disney Marvel's audience is children so of course they're making all their films family friendly. Fox isn't afraid to cater to adults.
>>
>>90592502
Not really. He always takes one puff and immediately puts it out. And he didn't even smoke in Logan, though he did steal some cigars at one point.
>>
>>90594164

but is Fox as retarded as Sony
>>
>>90594115
>People getting decapitated with car doors
2edgy4me
>>
>>90594140
>better than the majority of what Marvel has put out
It's not hard to be better than all the Thor shit CIvil War or the last 2 Ironman movies even if Ben Kingsley was in one of them, antman was mehh just like avengers 2
>>
>>90594198
If Fox and WB had a baby and drank during the entire pregnancy it wouldn't turn out as retarded as Sony.
>>
>>90592502
Why is the ability to say "fuck" a measure of quality?
>>
>>90594198
MacGuire-Man 2 cannot save Sony from its stupidity.
>>
>>90594214
justedgyenough4wolverine
>>
>>90594115
>lesbians
There's nothing more scandalous about gay relationships than straight ones, if that's what you're implying.
>>
>>90593168
>Tony Stark as portrayed in Marvel Studios productions is clearly an alcoholic.
Tony got drunk a total of 1 times over a period of 10 MCU years.

His problem was never alcohol. It was because he was dying at the time.
>>
>>90594929
I'm not saying it should be that way, but in current society it obviously is viewed as more scandalous. Hence all the hoopla over a split-second shot of a gay kiss in Star vs.
>>
>>90594271
This. Are we 15 year olds here?
>>
>>90592539
>5

Sounds like you mean the MCU and you're pretty generous with that low number.
>>
>>90592631
This. I mean, you start Age of Ultron with Tony shouting "SHIT!", do you really need the word fuck? After seeing how much online humor uses Fuck all the time, it gets old. Especially with Tumblr trying to plan out how Fuck should be used in films.
>>
File: newfag test.jpg (47KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
newfag test.jpg
47KB, 510x755px
>>90593222
>>90593630

Love this meme and miss it so much.
>>
>>90594115
>more sexual than Fox
Call me when Netflix shows nipples like Deadpool did, and doesn't just chicken out at sideboob.
>>
>>90592502
Fox
> makes decent money for their films

Marvel
> Breaks the bank with so much cash

One is a better business decision
>>
>>90595047
Gotchya.
>>
>>90595047
>gay kiss in Star vs

woah, do I need to pick this show back up or what
>>
>>90592502
You know, I agree that mainline marvel stuff is a bit watered down, but "R rated with tons of violence" doesn't make a movie any better or worse unless you have hematolagnia.
>>
>>90593222
>Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan

I missed this more than I thought.
>>
>I only like movies that say fuck a lot, my favorite scene in first class was when wolverine says fuck lmao
No, you're right though. The R-rated version of BvS is much better than Iron Man 1
>>
File: Thing.jpg (866KB, 1456x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Thing.jpg
866KB, 1456x1900px
>>90592502

Who in the Avengers is a comics canon smoker? Or should they just have Hawkguy lighting stogies for no particular reason?

The only character I can think of offhand who smokes cigars is the Thing, who's movie rights are owned by Fox, and I can't recall Fox ever having him light up in their "family friendly" Fantastic Four movies.

What a weird thing to nitpick.
>>
>>90595289
thanking trump for everything bad will not be as fun ask Thanks Obama was....or will it?
>>
>>90592502
>>No f bombs in the movies and adult Netflix shows because swearing is bad

There was tons of swearing in Daredevil, and they dropped a few N-bombs in Luke Cage.
>>
>>90595317
Shhhh, these guys don't actually watch the Netflix shows, they just extrapolate on them from having watched Thor 2.
>>
>>90595306
"Trump was right again" is the popular phrase used to thank him.
>>
>>90594271
>>90595050

Why else do you think violence and swearing are listed as things which make a movie better? We're living in the post-GoT age, people. It's not a good work of fiction unless a main character dies while calling someone a shriveling cunt and gets cut in two down the middle, followed by both halves of his corpse getting fucked by his brother in law.
>>
Fox's highs >>>>>> Marvel's highs
>>
>>90595293
Nick Fury, but that's classic Fury. I honestly don't remember Ultimate Nick Fury being much of a smoker.
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338KB, 612x692px) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338KB, 612x692px
>>90595356
Why don't they swear or show tits in Snyder's adaptation of World's Edgiest?

Seeing Faora peel out of that spacesuit would have almost made sitting through that movie worthwhile.
>>
>>90595393
Someone's high, that's for sure.
>>
>>90595422
Oh shit, you're right, I forgot nudity. Thanks anon, it's hard to keep up with this new age.
>>
>>90595422

why isn't Faora the main character instead
>>
>>90595477
>>90595422

>no Faora getting into the tub with Lois scene

this entire timeline was a mistake
>>
File: wolverine (1).jpg (58KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine (1).jpg
58KB, 618x412px
>>90595422
Kinoverse is a ridiculously bloodless universe, given all the brutal CGI "violence" that goes on in it. Man of Steel had about as much grit as as Shark Boy and Lava girl, it's like watching an epidsode of DBZ edited for soccer moms.
BvS's R rated cut is laughably clean of violence compared to Logan or Deadpool.

Suicide Squad was exactly as violent as GotG.
>>
>>90595317
They even had a scene where Luke scolds another black guy for calling him a nigger. It was a pretty interesting scene.
>>
>>90594271
>>90595050

Have you ever watched a movie and wondered why a character didn't say "fuck" or used some other word instead and it seemed really off? It's not about the need to hear it's about how odd it feels not hearing it, knowing that it was censored for a movie rating. It'd be like Constantine not smoking or Punisher not killing mobsters. You expect that to happen and not seeing it feels weird.
>>
>>90595259
>Nah, they're just 13 so to them blood and violence is DEEP and MEANINGFUL
>>
>>90595618
>Have you ever watched a movie and wondered why a character didn't say "fuck" or used some other word instead and it seemed really off?

Like anything in film it depends on the context. None of the MCU characters are really the kinds of characters who curse a lot, so no, it doesn't feel weird at all for them.

Who exactly would be the MCU character being held back from cursing all the time? If anything it's out of character for any of them to be doing that.
>>
>>90594271
It's not a measure of quality. It's a measure of realism. People swear all the time. It's a normal, frequent occurence. When you have a story that limits itself in this most basic manner, it essentially says 2 things:

>we're too afraid to use real language
>we don't respect you, the viewer, enough to be able to speak realistically with you

Conversely, a story shouldn't go overboard with cursing either. It's about keeping a balance.

>>90595356
>We're living in the post-GoT age, people.
What the fuck did he mean by this? You act like Game of Thrones is the first series to involve blood, guts and sex.
>>
File: Clark Kent.jpg (101KB, 500x527px) Image search: [Google]
Clark Kent.jpg
101KB, 500x527px
>>90595618
Unless the movie is about a bunch of teenage tryhards or mafioso or soldiers getting their limbs blown off, I don't particularly expect characters to start dropping F-bombs whenever something exciting happens, no.

I'm guessing you sat through Transformers expecting Optimus and Megatron to start screaming FUCK! whenever something went down.
"Starscream, you've failed me for the last fucking time!"
Nah it just doesn't work.
>>
>>90595422
>snyder tries to go as edgy as possible while keeping it legal for tween boppers to get inside the theater
What a joke.
>>
>>90595694
>It's not a measure of quality. It's a measure of realism.

Nah, it's just edge. You confuse the two because you're 12. It has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with whether it makes sense for the characters or the tone or atmosphere of the story.
>>
>>90595693
>If anything it's out of character for any of them to be doing that.
It's out of character because comics aren't allowed to use curse words either, you dumb twat.
>>
>>90595694
>People swear all the time.
You and your immature little buddies barely count as people.
Amazingly, adults can get through a whole entire day without a stream of invectives.
>>
>>90595618
I can safely say that I have never watched the LEGO movie and wondered why Emmet didn't tell Lord Business to fuck off.

But in honesty, I actually find that swearing can sometimes be more jarring than not doing it. Other times I don't notice it (or its absence) at all.
>>
Moore forgive me, but I'd like to see a hard-R adaptation of his Marvelman/Miracleman run complete with Marvelman utterly destroying London in the bloodiest way possible.
>>
>>90595814
If he reads that he'll curse you with herpes.
>>
>>90595749
>It has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with whether it makes sense for the characters or the tone or atmosphere of the story.
The tone and atmosphere in capeshit movies fits with swearing, my dude. It's more realistic speech because each of these characters are meant to be relatable and human. Swearing is human. It's why they're allowed to say "shit" or "damn" from time to time.

>>90595774
Nice meme.
>>
>>90595763
Did something happen in class that got you all worked up, kid?

When you grow up you'll learn that no, adults don't really go around cursing all the time. None of the characters are people who would be swearing very much even if the comics allowed it.

Life is a lot less edgy than you imagine.
>>
>>90595831
I've known plenty of real humans who don't swear in public company at all, and when they do they say some dumb replacement word. Not everyone swears, guy.
>>
>>90595851
>adults don't really go around cursing all the time.
Only if you live in a church.
>>
>>90595860
>Not everyone swears, guy.
Did I say everyone swears? I said people swear all the time. There's a difference, family.
>>
>>90595831
When you grow up you'll understand that it's not "realistic". Some people curse a lot, some never do, some curse sometimes. I've known and worked with all types. It really depends on their personality and upbringing.

None of the Avengers strike me as the kind of people who would curse a lot.
>>
>>90595902
You said "swearing is human" as if it wasn't human not to swear.
>>
>>90595902
Then you agree that some people don't. The Avengers are the kind of people who don't.

You can't have it both ways.
>>
>>90595902
>people swear all the time except not everyone swears

pick one
>>
>>90595868
Nah, you just have to graduate middle school and some day interact with actual adults, especially in a professional setting.
>>
>>90595974
I think he's trying to say that not everyone swears, but the people who do swear swear all the time.

Which 1) is still wrong and 2) means there are people who don't swear, which undercuts his attempted point that you need swearing for realism.
>>
>>90596026
Yeah, and even people who do swear a lot won't swear in every stressful situation, especially if they're among peers.

I wonder if Steve is the reason Avengers don't normally swear.
>>
>>90595962

not him but to play devil's advocate for a second, the Avengers didn't grow up in the same neighborhoods, or in some cases even on the same planet or time period. What are the odds that these people from completely different backgrounds all happen to be the type that never swears?
>>
>>90596082
What are the odds they all happened to become superheroes?
>>
>>90596057
Yeah, that's my feeling. Cap is definitely the non-swearing type, and the way the others hold him in awe probably makes them "act their best" around him. I think one of the characters even says something along those lines to him, though not directly about swearing.

It's like being around your Dad/hero rolled into one.

Though the funny thing for me personally is my Dad swears when he gets mad but also doesn't like me swearing around him when I'm visiting. Go figure.
>>
>>90596113

What would frequency of swearing have to do with being a superhero? Captain America, Falcon, and War Machine are all military guys. Odds are between the 3 of them there would be at least one who drops F-bombs everywhere.
>>
>>90596136
>avengers don't swear because they don't want to disappoint cap
>except tony because he doesn't care, and hawkeye when cap isn't there
>>
>>90596082
Don't play Devil's Advocate, it's just dumb mental masturbation.

I'm just hoping to get through to these edgy 13 year olds who are all CURSING IS REALITY that no, it really isn't. Plenty of people don't curse very often or at all, it's really not a big deal.

We're talking about whether it makes a difference or has any bearing in quality of a movie, and it just doesn't.
>>
>>90595568
>BvS's R rated cut is laughably clean of violence compared to Logan or Deadpool.
Kind of an unrelated question, but what did the R-Rated cut of BvS include? I haven't gotten around to getting a copy.
>>
>>90596186
No, Tony acts like he doesn't care but he clearly does, underneath that, greatly respect Cap.

Both he and Hawkeye just don't swear very much. Doesn't matter to the movie.
>>
File: kawaiispider.jpg (110KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
kawaiispider.jpg
110KB, 500x440px
>Some dude I met wanted a R-rated Spiderman
>He's one of the only Marvel heros that has a pretty firm no-kill stance

Seriously, it sounded like an all around bad idea. Goriest Spiderman comic was when he had to fight the vampire dude, I think.
>>
>>90596289
A little bit of uncut punching and a little more digital blood. Aside from that scene where Lex Luthor angrily masturbates to a picture of Superman, it's really not worth it.
>>
>>90596289
Mostly a little bit of extra CGI blood in the Batman warehouse scenes, near as I can tell.
I own the R rated cut and honestly it's the tamest R rated movie I've ever seen.

It's a gimmick to get people to double dip on paying for it.
>>
>>90595935
>None of the Avengers strike me as the kind of people who would curse a lot.
See >>90595763

>>90595935
>It really depends on their personality and upbringing.
That really goes without saying. I'my speaking in the broad sense of all of humanity here though. You can stop listing exceptions as if those disprove anything.

It is more common to swear than to avoid swearing. It is not common to swear nonstop. I'm not advocating potty mouth media. Simply for more lax censorship.

>>90595974
>people swear all the time except not everyone swears
That's exactly right because "people" encompasses everyone, and there are many different types of people. Some who swear, some who don't. That's common.

>>90596026
>but the people who do swear swear all the time.
That's not what I'm saying, no. Read my current post.
>>
>>90592502
FOX
>Quicksilver is alive

Disney Marvel
>Whedon kills Quicksilver to slake his death fetish

Way to throw in the towel, baldy. We could have competing movie versions of the same character for years to come
>>
>>90596289
Miniscule violence added and an awkward masturbation scene.
>>
>>90596250
>Plenty of people don't curse very often or at all,
There are more people who curse than there are that do not. All you have to do is go into a highly populated area and see for yourself.
>>
>>90596250
>it's just dumb mental masturbation

so is anything posted on this board

>CURSING IS REALITY that no, it really isn't

It really is. There are exceptions, but for the rare few who never curse they are using replacement words anyway, which just further proves that cursing is reflexive and is being consciously avoided.

>whether it makes a difference or has any bearing in quality of a movie, and it just doesn't.

you are right about this however
>>
>>90592502
Does it have any bathroom scenes?

Personally, I don't think a movie's good unless it shows someone pooping.
>>
>>90592502
Childhood is idolizing Fox, adulthood is realizing Disney was right

Despite the rating these movies are for and will be watched by the youth. Their innocent must be protected and their morals must not be degraded
>>
>>90596793

I agree with not corrupting the youth, thats why I keep my Mishima books about being a terrorist or homoeroticism in the attick away from my kids, but that doesnt mean I want to read children literature. (in b4 comics, comics in my life play the role of soap operas in women's lives, and most comic buyers are adult men who know decades old continuity)
>>
>>90592502
>If it makes me feel more mature, it's automatically better!

Whatever, kid. Don't you have homework to do?
>>
File: Star VS Kissing.png (531KB, 690x382px) Image search: [Google]
Star VS Kissing.png
531KB, 690x382px
>>90595255
Green squares are same sex couples, red squares are interracial couples
>>
>>90592502
Fox Marvel's only problem is they don't read the comics.

X-Men Apocalypse was a total let down, as far as movies go.
>>
>>90598914
Sometimes that's good. I don't want cute movie Laura to become a whore
>>
>>90593764
We should eradicate children from the world. Literally the worst fandom.
>>
>Spider-Man is going to be a quip machine instead of a broken shell of a man teetering on the edge of supervillainy.
>We won't get to see him break down and become disillusioned by the system.
Fucking Disney/Sony and their John Hughes boner. Fox was right about everything.
>>
The thing is heroes like Wolverine and Deadpool make sense being R rated, as both have pretty gory comics most of the time

While Spider-Man for example, while there are some "darker" moments when he gets serious, most of the time his stories dont involve much R rated scenes, so R rated Spider-Man movies wouldnt really be necassary
>>
File: 1488605959025.jpg (30KB, 415x538px) Image search: [Google]
1488605959025.jpg
30KB, 415x538px
>>90599232
>Spider-Man
>it's a child
>>
>>90592502
Wolverine is a habitual smoker and drinker. Now he only drinks beer. Ellis (Astonishing X-Men) had to change Wolverine coming in stoned to being drunk off of Hemp wine because "no smoking in Marvel comics."
>>
>>90599307
Outside of some very specific stories, like Miracleman, I don't think any cape movie should HAVE to be rated R, if you can't write a mature story in PG-13 then what are you doing writing capes anyway?
>>
>>90592502
>in which OP reveals he is 12
>>
>>90599384
It's not that they couldn't, it's that a R rating gives more freedom. Logan wouldn't have had the same impact if it were PG-13.
>>
File: 1345915273708.gif (1MB, 225x124px) Image search: [Google]
1345915273708.gif
1MB, 225x124px
>>90592502

>Every X-Men film since First Class is allowed one fuck per movie

where was the fuck, anon? I didn't see people fucking, i only saw tits
>>
>>90599307
Bullshit. Maximum Carnage has to be rated R!

>>90599351
This shit drives me up a fucking wall. Why the fuck are the studios so obsessed with Spider-Jailbait?
>>
>>90599588
So the jews in hollywood can rape Tom Holland, they like young boys
>>
>>90593346
I think Frank says it under his breath during the roof scene
>>
>>90592502
>>90592502
D*sney films are neutered mass-market crapola, this isn't exactly news. Look at their SW fanfiction.
>>
>>90599635
>A rich man shows up to make a boy famous.
>All he has to do is wear a gimp suit and do whatever the older man says without question
>In exchange he gets money and free toys.
Jesus Christ. They're not even trying to hide it. Poor Holland.
>>
>>90592539
you mean 7 bad ones and 3 mediocre ones
>>
>>90592502
Samuel L. Jackson smoked in Winter Soldier
>>
>>ITT people complain Marvel characters aren't chain smokers who curse like they have tourettes.
>>
>>90592502
Fox literally created Last Stand, Wolverine Origins and Apocalypse which are literally worse than anything in the MCU and that includes any Thor movie or Incredible Hulk.

Nothing based about that track record.

I don't even know what the fuck you'd get out of an R rating with Iron Man or Cap. The only characters that'd make sense for that are Daredevil, Punisher and Moon Knight and frankly, Daredevil's Netflix show has plenty of explicit shit in it to the point that I could see it being rated R if netflix had to submit shit to the MPAA.
>>
>>90599588
>Bullshit. Maximum Carnage has to be rated R!
Why would you even want to see Carnage in a movie. He's literally Edge: the villain.
>>
>>90593454
That's over the line.
>>
>>90601766
>Not wanting a fun dark comedy with gratuitous violence.

And I suppose slasher films are edgy too?
>>
>>90593016
Favreau was going to do it in Iron Man 2, and Tony's drinking was set-up right at the start of Iron Man.
>>
The Avengers had an odd amount of gore for what it was, Cap cutting arms off and Hulk squeezing heads with one hand among others.

>>90594115
>>90595093
Every time I saw sex in Jessica Jones, it was under blankets, even cunnilingus. Who eats out covered with blankets? Also, I only heard one fuck in that show and I think it was an ad lib.
>>
>>90595720
"Starscream, you fucking shit stain, you've fucked up again!"

"The Allspark...We need to find the fucking Allspark before that huge cunt, Megatron, finds it."

"The boy's pheromone levels suggest he wants to fucking pound the shit out of the female till she squeals like a pig."
>>
File: 1472099956533.png (123KB, 304x229px) Image search: [Google]
1472099956533.png
123KB, 304x229px
>>90599117
>>
>>90599351
>>90599588
I can only hope Tom Holland is in for the long haul and we get to see MCU Pete grow up, marry and have a kid.

Don't recast and on Tom's part don't walk out. Look at Jackman.
>>
>>90604182
Wishful thinking but no. The only thing that's going to happen is he'll become a devil worshipping, child sacrificing, Oedipus complex having, jackass manbaby ala Slott/Quesada or get rebooted.
Only Spider-Boy is allowed by the studios.
>>
>>90604346
Wasn't Quesada and friends kicked out of movie division of Marvel Studios?
>>
File: alan moore.jpg (42KB, 265x301px) Image search: [Google]
alan moore.jpg
42KB, 265x301px
>>90595814
As interesting as that would be I don't think they could do the story justice in a feature length film
>>
>>90604182
>Sony
>not rebooting the franchise in 5 years
pick one
>>
>>90592727
If anything, that would make for a better performance.
What a pussy.
>>
>>90602450
>Who eats out covered with blankets?
I have.
>>
>>90606752
Why? Don't you like seeing her react?
>>
> No smoking or drinking allowed in MCU
> BAWWWWW
> Rated R is the way to go!

Really? Is it pretend to be a 14-year-old day on /co/?
>>
>>90592502
>muh swearing
>muh drugs/alcohol
>muh sex scenes

need a handkerchief?
>>
>>90592539

You mean 3 bad X-men movies, right?
>>
>>90606878
I can feel and hear that. Sometimes I'm too focused to look up and I get paranoid about her watching me.
>>
I like how this is somehow the MCU's problem and not the DCEUs.
>>
>>90601703
>Daredevil's Netflix show has plenty of explicit shit in it to the point that I could see it being rated R if netflix had to submit shit to the MPAA.
C A R D O O R
A
R
D
O
O
R
>>
>>90607125
Fair enough. I'm pretty shit at sex, so I need all the cues, including visual, just to not fuck up.
>>
>>90596332
>>90596403
Does that really happen, or am I just being rused?
>>
>>90602664
That actually would have at least been funny. Someone should dub over Transformers with over the top dialogue like that.
>>
>>90602450
>Avengers gore
It was pretty ambiguous morally since these are alien cyborgs, possibly mostly robotic mentally for all they tell us in the movie and the way they all shut down at the end.
>>
>>90592539
Compared to the average at best with heavy character biased depending on the flick production rate of MCU, yeah.
>>
>>90592502
>Netflix doesn't like swearing
>Jessica gets BLACKed a lot, plenty of violence in graphic nature.

What did Netflix mean by this?
>>
>>90594164
>Blade: Trinity

That wasn't Fox.
>>
>>90592502
swearing for the sake swearing, violence for the sake of violence isnt good
if there is a reason for it, like deadpool or wolverine, then sure its good
but if there is no need to show captain america swearing, smoking, or removing limbs, it would add nothing to his character
>>
>>90609760
I agree but no one is asking for that. Just the freedom to 'go there' if a story, situation, character, etc. calls for it.
>>
>>90609818
Tony Stark could use a bump up in that department but all I can think of is making his dialogue more raunchy, which doesn't work with his character at the moment.
>>
>>90595422
You'll have to wait for the better version when Invincible gets raped by Anissa on screen.
>>
>>90592502
Marvel is gay, That's why.
>>
>>90592539
>The Last Stand
>Wolverine Origins
>Apocalypse (arguably)

What other god awful Xmen movies do you seem to be thinking of?
>>
When will MCUcks realize that ALL marvel movies are garbage. They even managed to make Iron Man, a semi decent, mediocre movie at best, absolute shit in retrospective by adding all the stupid bullshit in later movies

>QUIP QUIP QUIP
>WE IN A MOVIE YOU KNOW
>>
>>90595142
Anon, I want to watch a movie, not a business decision.
>>
>>90592963
if you cuss you are not an adult
>>
>>90593701
Call Fox stupid all you want, but at least they did realise this, which Disney has yet to
>>
>>90592502
>allowed one fuck per movie
wowie zowie
>>
>>90595047
No, it really isnt.
>>
>>90606959
>pretend
>>
>>90592502
Which MCU character needs an R Rated movie? You're like some exec who's never read a comic, but because one film was successful by being like its source you think every single film should be exactly like that.
>>
>>90594271
Because Cap saying "Gosharoonies!" would be too cringy.
>>
>>90592539
C'mon, Kevin Feige. We know that's you...
>>
>>90595317
>few N-bombs in Luke Cage
from blacks, so doesn't mean anything
>>
>>90592502
>Why is Fox Marvel so based?
Because they don't give a fuck. Unfortunately, this is also the reason for most of the bad shit in their movies too, so it's a double-edged sword.

They especially don't give a fuck about the Fantastic Four.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.