[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People only watch super hero movies >Still consider themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>People only watch super hero movies
>Still consider themselves a DC or Marvel fan
>Get into internet wars on /co/ about which one is better despite only ever watching the movies
Why do normies And /tv/ do this? Most of /co/ can agree that super hero movies are generally bad as well.
>>
>>90586983
Lots of people on here enjoy cape movies.
It doesn't matter. A good movie is a good movie.

He it X-Men or X2 or Blade 2 or Superman or Batman or Batman Returns or Super or Kingsmen or The Specials or Mysterymen or Watchmen or etc.
>>
>>90586983
I dont really care if you like the movies but don't watch the movies then come here and try to post about the character like you know what you are talking about if you haven't read their comics for 3+ years.

That is pure cancer.
>>
>>90586983
>Most of /co/ can agree that super hero movies are generally bad as well.

LOL really? That sounds like an opinion a 30+ year old fat hipster contrarian from the 90s would have had. Marvel movies are great and entertaining even if they've gotten a little formulaic these days.
>>
>>90586983
>Most of /co/ can agree that super hero movies are generally bad
Well, yes. They've always been.
>>
>>90587409
>Marvel movies are great and entertaining
No, some are, others are horrible and others just mehh
>>
>>90586983
Cape movies are generally low entry action films based off of generally low entry action comics based off of characters that the audience enjoys witnessing. There's nothing wrong with liking capeshit but there is something wrong when capeshit tries to be something more than its origins would allow.

Like there's a reason why movies like Watchman or BvS failed while other movies like GotG and Deadpool succeeded.
>>
>>90587780
>Watchmen
>failed
>???
>>
>>90587844
I'm talking about the movie, not the comic book.
>>
>>90587889
Again in what universe was that a failure?

It made boatloads of cash.
>>
>>90587409
I'm a 30+ year old fat hipster contrarian from the 90s and even I like cape movies.
>>
>>90586983

Kek this board has called cinematography a "/tv/ meme"
>>
>>90587889
It was a extremely long R rated movie, a real R, not a "sex jokes" R movie.
>>
File: 1376692384780.jpg (40KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1376692384780.jpg
40KB, 800x804px
>>90587952
>It made boatloads of cash.
>>
>>90588110
The only reason why it was R-rated was because of Mr. Manhattan's big blue bollocks swinging around for all to see.
>>
>>90588234
It did. You were probably too young to even see it then.
>>
I wouldn't say bad, just incredibly bland and samey.

I think the last I watched was GOTG. Already felt like watching the same film over and over by that point.

So even thought the major were decent enough, I just got sick of them.

Man of Steel was legitimately dire, though.
>>
File: 1448203443051.jpg (78KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1448203443051.jpg
78KB, 340x314px
>>90588307
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=watchmen.htm
>Production Budget: $130 million
>Total Lifetime Gross: $185,258,983
>>
>>90588297
No, it was R in non-murrikan markets. The rape escene was a bigger factor. Deadpool was 15+ in most markets
>>
>>90588868
ATTEMPTED rape scene, he got beaten before he could take it too far.
>>
>>90586983
I was thinking about this, recently.

Honestly, at this point, in the Year Of Our Lord Two Thousand And Seventeen, the best way to experience superhero comics probably is exclusively through the movies. The comics are completely redundant at this point.

I can't speak much for DC, but the Marvel movies have done literally everything the comics have done, but better in every way.

Like, sure, if you want to know specifics about a character or team, or you want to go back and read some of the better stories, you dive into the comics, but if you want a true, mostly consistant portrayal of the characters and situations that these comics are about, you really are better off watching the movies and ignoring the comics entirely.
>>
>>90589312
DC is like the inversion of Marvel right now. Where there comics range from 'fine' to 'great' while their movies are absolute trash.
>>
>>90589312

Plus the X-Men movies already have messed up big 2 continuity down pat
>>
>>90589312
Anyone who genuinely believes this has no business being on /co/.

If you honestly believe a 2 hour abridged version of a superhero story is better than the original source stories, then you should just go to /tv/, since that's clearly all you value. Shitposting and nothing more.
>>
>>90587409
I think it's exactly the opposite. It's the opinion an edgy teenager who takes these movies from granted would have. 25+ year old people dreamed of this stuff when they were kids. A movie like Avengers and a cinematic universe of movies was thought impossible and fucking unheard of.
>>
File: 1489058525911.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
1489058525911.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>90587409
Marlel movies are aweet when youre under 18. The new gotg has me cringing so hard, could only watch the trailer once.
>>
>>90589910
for granted*
>>
>>90589934
>tips
>>
File: 1478180334149.jpg (64KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
1478180334149.jpg
64KB, 640x458px
>>90588297
The rape scene? Nam? The slaughter of millions? Are you actually fucking retarded, pal?
>>
>>90589979
Baby groot. "Does anyone have tape?" The whole fucking drax scene of him laughing. You MUST be a child or an adult with an extra chromosome to like that
>>
>>90590062
No you just need to have a fucking sense of humor.
And not have a ten foot stick up your ass.
>>
>>90590175
The only thing that movie is missing is a laugh track and you know it
>>
>>90587780
Watchman was underrated I'll admit that BvS failed because it sucked and needed an extended edition to be slightly less unwatchable.
GOTG and Deadpool succeeded because they're enjoyable genuinely good movies.
>>
>>90587147
This!
>>
>>90590005
>"rape" scene
FTFY
>Nam
Oh yeah, seeing a big blue faggot turning chinks into chunky salsa was SOOOOOO explicit. Nowadays you could get away with it being PG-13 if they changed the blood from red to black or some shit.
>The slaughter of millions
If Star Wars didn't get an R-rating for the destruction of Alderon, I don't see how the Watchmen would get an R-rating just for showing everyone die in a blue flash of light.
>Are you actually fucking retarded, pal?
If you're going to address me, at least face me rather than staring into a mirror anon.

Manhattan's blue bollocks was the sole reason for the movie getting an R-rating, especially since they toned down a lot of the more fucked up shit from the comics to give us this stale Hollywood adaptation.
>>
>>90590284
Oh please, get that stick out your ass and accept that all movies don't need to be serious and over dramatic.
>>
>>90589569
Normally, I'd agree with you, but over the last ten years, a lot has changed.

Compare movie Tony Stark with comic book Tony Stark.

Movie Stark is a MILLION times more consistently written, and it still goes over all the essential bullet points for the character. Even limiting it to the comics of only the last ten years, you can't say anything close to that about Comics Tony.
>>
>>90590284
Not the anon you're talking to but the funny thing is that most "serious" capeshit is twice as laughable as GotG could ever hope to be.

Like did anyone ever watch the Daredevil movie or BvS and laugh hysterically at how it tries to take itself seriously in spite of how goofy and nonsensical the overall plot is?
>>
>>90587147
That's stupid though.

You start saying stuff like that, and now we're in "No True Scotsman" territory.

>Oh, you only read the comics for 3 years? Don't talk to me until you've read them for TEN

>You've read comics for ten years? Well have you downloaded and read the entire fifty year history? I DIDN'T THINK SO, POSER

The history of these characters goes back so far, and theres so much nuance, that there's basically no end to it. There's always a bigger fish. There's always a slightly deeper hole to dig yourself into and feel self-important about.

The fact of the matter is, the comics medium, and by extension the characters and situations they portray are disposable and forgettable by design.
You don't need to read 3 or 10 or any years of previous comics to GET the characters. That's the whole point. And if you think you do, you're just swallowed up in the marketing machine and don't know any better.

The fact is, the movie versions of these characters are just as valid as the comic book versions, for exactly the same reasons. You DON'T need to read any history of these characters to understand who they are, what they want, or what they're doing. That's the point. It's why these things are originally printed on floppies, and they don't immediately publish hard-cover versions.
>>
>>90590062
>anyone who likes Guardians of the Galaxy is either a child or has Downs Syndrome

Haha, yeah, what kinda of fucking nerd would like this shi-

>Mel Gibson likes GotG
>>
>>90587147
Does it really matter what a comic book character's history is when there's always a reboot every few years?

Not to mention, a character's personality can change based on the whims of the writer's personal bias towards what they believe that character's personality should be.
>>
>>90587952
>It made boatloads of cash.
I'm pretty sure it just barely made above it's budget, not really enough to turn a real profit

>>90588416
Yup I was right
>>
>>90589569
This >>90590381

And I would argue that it's obvious that overall the MCU is more enjoyable than most of the current Marvel comics, that feel more like an alternate universe than the MCU.

I would also mention Civil War, Kick Ass and so as other comics improved on movies.
>>
>>90587409
Your taste in movies is terrible, calling any marvel movie great is retarded. Zulu is great, 12 angry men is great, Chinatown is great, Das boot is great, the godfather is great, iron man isn't great. Grow up you dumbass, I love burger king burgers, and there's nothing wrong with liking something that isn't prime steak, but you can't pretend burger king is prime quality even if you like it.
>>
>>90590062
Not really, but the impact of guardians was related to the lack of space movies the alternatives had been gravity, the Martian and that Nolan movie I can't remember. Aside from star trek we didn't had anything space related, star wars didn't had a movie out. It's like Deadpool, it took advantage of the lack of comedies and its direct competition was zoolander 2. Guardians is a well done generic space movie, and well done is better than almost all marvel movies.
>>
>>90590349
I will be clear with you: in the rest of the world a dick in a non sexual situation doesn't make a movie R. It's considered casual nudity.
>>
>>90586983

You give /co/ too much credit. /co/ is mostly a mixture of /tv/ and /pol/ these days; with an autistic /v/-like loyalty to either Marvel or DC and will always engage in petty console war-like arguements
>>
>>90594121
Stop with the /pol/ and /tv/ boogeyman. /tv/ doesn't came here, they have legion and gotham threads, but they don't have agents of shield or CW shows threads outside iwaifu. As for /pol/ stop pretending anyone who dislikes Jews or Blacks is from there
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41KB, 569x428px
>>90586983
It's called shit posting Anon. There really isn't argument to be had anyway, obviously the MCU beats the DCEU. There's no contest there. But this 4chan, people will pretend to like or dislike something just bait people into pointless arguments.
>>
>>90594167
/pol/ and /tv/ aren't just boqrds, they are mindsets.
>>
>>90593881
I think that you are the one that is thinking that "great" means "prime of the medium"
>>
>>90594439
You are like a video game critic that believes 7/10 means the game is mediocre and would give a great review to call of duty 9/10.

Mcu generic badly filmed movies are basic fast food flicks. Fun, with no substance and no artistic merits. Calling them great it's an insult to truly great movies. Only people that only watches big blockbusters and lacks any knowledge of movies would call the first avenger a great movie.
>>
File: Bait chan -KYAAAAAAH.png (111KB, 562x1302px) Image search: [Google]
Bait chan -KYAAAAAAH.png
111KB, 562x1302px
>>90594300
>obviously the MCU beats the DCEU
>>
>>90594690
Capeshit in general is badly filmed basic fast food flicks anon, nobody is going to claim that shit like The Avengers or Deadpool or the like are on the same level as movies like "The Birds" or "Citizen Kane" but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be great movies to watch if that's what you're going for.

It's only when capeshit pretends to be something more than it is that people will shit on it, which is why BvS won like five razzies while Suicide Squad won an Oscar.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.