[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Logan receiving critical acclaim, may very well be amongst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8375.jpg (97KB, 630x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8375.jpg
97KB, 630x423px
>Logan receiving critical acclaim, may very well be amongst Raimi/Del Toro's works as the best comic film of all time
>Legion getting crazy acclaim, first universally agreed upon 'good' marvel TV show
>IvX is finally over, clean slate.

So...will the X-Men finally be respected again. What will it take?
>>
>>90583664
>So...will the X-Men finally be respected again. What will it take?

>Thinking movie and TV shit matters
>>
>>90583849
>Not believing that the success of the Marvel films or the original X Trilogy haven't attributed to the development of those books from that time period.

Come on man. What are you, six?
>>
>>90583664

>Legion getting crazy acclaim, first universally agreed upon 'good' marvel TV show

Look man, people lost their spaghetti over the first season of Daredevil. You want to argue it's aged poorly or whatever, that's fine, but let's not pretend the nuclear levels of hype over that first season didn't exist.
>>
>>90583664
I sure hope so OP. We are on a bit of a roll but alot of this depends on marketing. Previously this model didn't hit well with focus groups. Now these types of shows are a hit, so as long as they gross enough we will get more. Unless marketing gets involved.
>>
>>90583664

Movie rights, OP. The only reason why the X-men still exist in comics is because the Inhumans bombed as a push to replace them. The twitter battles were lopsided as fuck for the X-men and the Inhumans movie got downgraded to a TV show. There was a list of all the Marvel NOWer ongoings and there were no X-titles before the realization hit that they fucked up.

Marvel managed to get rid of the F4 and even before they got a deal with Sony, Marvel didn't want to drop Spider-man because that was their most popular character.

The real problem is that X-fags are the battered housewives of comic fandoms and will buy anything with an X on the cover.
>>
>>90583664
as long as the fake O5 are still around, no
it sucks so bad that they're here
>>
>>90584740
I still can't believe the X-comics are still selling despite being consistent shit for the past 3 years.
>>
>>90584775

Marvel is doing the best it can to fix that but the damn people keep buying them! Don't they understand? Marvel doesn't want to sell X-men comics, they want to sell inhuman comics!
>>
>>90584775
Only three?
>>
File: 6009._QL80_TTD_.jpg (445KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
6009._QL80_TTD_.jpg
445KB, 1074x1650px
>>90584911
I think more. X-man ran for 75 issues.
>>
>>90584911
more like 5
>>
Man that last IvsX issue was just painfully bad even though I could see Marvel using Emma as a scapegoat to paint the inhumans in a good light coming from as far back as the last Death of X issue.
>>
Marvel needs new talent

New editorial and new writing talent specifically

They have a few cool guys like Ewing but for every one of him there's five Nick Spencers, Charles Soules, Dan Slotts, Bendises, and Bunns.

It's like when that exodus hit where Hickman and his generation all wrapped up, all they had left were a buncha C-List leftovers.

Meanwhile, DC has guys like Andy Khouri in editorial who are bringing in cool new people as opposed to Nu52's "Let's bring in all these shitty 90s guys" method and lookit that! Rebirth actually is pretty good
>>
>>90583664
Getting the movie license back from Fox
>>
>>90585246
Matt Rosenberg and Ed Brisson are newer Marvel blood that I believe are doing well. Loveness on Nova is also putting together a good story but he's primarily a comedy writer so I don't know if he's doing anything in the future.

Unfortunately Marvel spent their new blood energy on young adult fiction writers like Gabby Rivera,
>>
>>90584775
Even in the 90s when the comics were entertaining, they had a reputation for buying whatever x-comic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.