[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuinely made me think and reevaluate my life perspective o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 419
Thread images: 62

File: 3061358-inline-i-2-half-marvel.png (1MB, 1056x792px) Image search: [Google]
3061358-inline-i-2-half-marvel.png
1MB, 1056x792px
Genuinely made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in comics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ll7gt0meuU

You too can become a better person.
>>
>>90581651
>You too can become a better person.
they have >>>/a/ for comics and they do their own movies, that shit is forced diversity wich is wrong, what about more Europeans in Asian movies? or Africans? or Latinos? why not abbos ....
>>
More diversity is obviously either a good thing or not a problem, but fucking with established characters is a no-no. Also, it gets a little overbearing as well when it becomes obvious that Marvel is just pushing a narrative for goodboybucks.
>>
>>90582545
Diversity is only important in white products. They must be thought not to be racist as they were the ones who invented the practise of being prejudice towards others on account of race.
>>
Why are women considered a minority?
>>
>>90582631
Because if you see the world history, they have nothing to do with it, few rulers, few inventors, most of them were in te kitchen or raising childs and things like that
>>
I'm latino, and I could genuinely care less about diversity in comics. I hate Miss America and I dislike the new Spider Miles. I liked Amadeus Cho, when he wasnt the Hulk. He was awesome. Now he's just a braggart idiot with Hulk powers. Kamala's okay, and I dont give a shit about Ironheart. She's not Ironman, and that's okay.She's her own thing, just dont care about her.

Diversity is overrated. I can love characters that arent my race or similar to me. If you need fictional characters to be similar to your race to feel inspired or feel hope in your life , you have problems. Get a life.
>>
File: jean grey is gay.jpg (161KB, 655x995px) Image search: [Google]
jean grey is gay.jpg
161KB, 655x995px
If you can only empathize with characters that are the same race as you...you're the racist. Not everyone else.
>>
>>90582918

This.

I have no problem with diverse characters in the comics, but when you keep touting this diversity as the main selling point of your comic, the less interested I will be because you come off as a desperate sellout trying to pander to groups that don't read comics.
>>
>>90581651

People still complaining about Scarjo when shes white instead of complaining that its Scarjo and shes just a shit actor and not fit for these roles. Boy i can't wait for her blank expressionless black widow roll again where she puts barely any emotion into what she says.
>>
>>90582851
probably because it's the only thing that they are capable of doing
>>
>>90583196
Which is perfect for Motoko Kusanagi.
Ever seen the OG GITS?
Bitch barely has an expression beyond either calm and cool, or angry.
>>
>>90583254

Maybe its because i just don't like the way Scarjos expressionless face is it always makes her look like shes confused.
>>
File: Ghost-Rider-Chase[1].jpg (228KB, 625x651px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-Rider-Chase[1].jpg
228KB, 625x651px
>>90582918
How do you feel about Ghost Driver?
>>
>>90581651
I don't get it, was the girl just looking for manga in the store?

Also, the time period of those books combined with the movie is completely off. Did she grow 15 years in a day?
>>
>>90581651
Little kids don't care about race. Period. They know we all look different, but they don't give a damn until they're older.
>>
>>90581651
Doctor strange and Gwenpool are still white, they need to be reimagined.
>>
Why is Dr Strange there, he looks same as always
>>
>>90581651
this has to be an American thing, right? I'm Asian living in Asia and Scarjo being Motoko doesn't really bother me.

even those filthy Japs(Diaoyu Islands belong to us) think it's fine.
https://youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc
>>
>>90583662
I thought it was weird initially, given that GitS very explicitly takes place in Japan and stars a woman named Motoko Kusanagi, until I remembered that the Major has a fully prosthetic body and thus can look whatever race you want.
>>
>>90581651
>Making white characters Chink is good
>Making chink characters white is bad

That is called hypocrisy, my friend.
>>
>>90581651
Wow, I can't believe the little girl got a sex change.

It's weird that this girl gets so uppity about not being catered to. I mean I'd be more interested in comics with gay sluts such as myself, but it's not a requirement for me to enjoy a book. I'm sure as hell not going to need a book about an Asian/Latino/White- mix gay slutty hero to be happy.

And this kid knows there are more manga in the world, right? Like, there's a gigantic market for it? With live-action and animated adaptations with all-Asian casts. White people tend to make white people more, Asians make Asians or tentacle monsters.

Also, I like how this PSA avoided showing off any books with non-white women. I know they're much less common, but still. Or did I miss them?
>>
>>90583753
Making them white is bad, because it denies us delicious Asian Women.
>>
WTF? I don't understand this PSA at all. A little girl didn't like american female heroes so got a GITS comic which caused her to grow up to be a man?
>>
>>90581651

The concept is not of diversity really, just being open minded. I'm Asian and I don't honestly care about diversity much in comics, I like the white characters because it used to be all about good stories.

Now they want Asian/African/Hispanic people's money just so they can feel included when in fact they aren't. Just say that minority characters are going to get the spotlight for a bit, then go back to the white majority. Be honest, but I doubt DC or Marvel will say that.

Of course America is changing and no one can stop it, the whole thing is that they're trying to make some money off an honest thought or opinion about people...doesn't matter what colour or ethnic make up.
>>
>>90581651
Wow, SJWs are SO close to realizing why people hate when studios change the race of traditionally white characters to meet race quotas. If only they weren't so blinded by their racism.
>>
File: EMGNvampire19.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
EMGNvampire19.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>90581651
Literally that chinks
>>
Isn't Ghost in the Shell super mature, violent and gory? And filled with mature content matter, such as course language and sexual themes?

Seems a little weird that the store owner is letting someone so young buy that book.
>>
>>90584592
Well she's looking at Harley Quinn and Emma Frost for potential role models, so can't really get any worst then that.
>>
>>90584674
I mean, maybe she doesn't know they're not great role models - she's literally judging books by their covers. GiTS has a "mature content" label, which the girl happens to be covering up with her hand.

Also, that Henchgirl book - why doesn't she look at that? The girl on the cover looks very Asian. (Though I don't think she is, from what I looked up.)
>>
>>90584853
Most the mature content is sex and nudity, which is only bad for boys to see, it would probably help a little girl understand her body more.
>>
>when she is a kid
>current year books
>when she is an adult
>current movies
what a lazy video.

Also,
>GitS is a kids comic
>>
>>90585069

This. More little girls should be exposed to the concept of lesbian threesomes.
>>
>>90581651
>Making peckerwood characters asian is bad
>Making asian characters peckerwood is good
Typical, /co/. Just typical...
>>
>>90585175
I mean, GitS is a book with panty shots and a lot of gratuitous fanservice.
>>
>>90583493
>Little kids don't care about race. Period. They know we all look different, but they don't give a damn until they're older.
They care but they'll suck it up, they just get bitchy about when they're older
>>
>>90585175
>GitS is a kids comic

This, people her age would pick up stuff like Naruto instead.
>>
>>90581651
I've seen this multiple times, but I'm just now noticing how slanted they made ChoHulk's eyes.

GET IT

SCAUSE HE'S ASIAN

SCAUSE DIVERSITY
>>
>>90581651

Who the fuck looks for a character that looks like them on the cover of comic books
>>
>>90581651
Hold up, those comics in the beginning as her being a little girl is all recent ones, I saw Jane Thor's most recent comic for example, yet she's grown up by at least five years the next time we see her and the live action movie of Ghost in A Shell still haven't come out.
>>
>>90585908

she's a time traveller
>>
>>90585902
Your white privilege is showing. It's easy for you to say when virtually all heroes are caucasian males, but other marginalised groups have been denied a place in comics and is pleading with people like you to give them fair representation. Why is that a bad thing?
>>
File: 1488903052303.jpg (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488903052303.jpg
128KB, 1000x1000px
>>90581651
>Forced diversity
>White people are actually a minority in the entire world
>White people are over represented in all media
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
Not to suggest that this race-baiting, poorly-researched, WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN-tier PSA actually activated my almonds

But what ARE some female asian led comics in the industry? Off the top of my head most asian-females are on teams (Jubilee, Katana) off shoots of males (Cassandra Cain, Silk)
>>
>>90585974
What does it matter if they're on a team or an offshoot of a male character?

Also how'd you manage to miss Ms. Marvel?
>>
>>90585974
Japan exists, stop being so ethnocentric,
>>
File: Excalibur_Reaction.jpg (207KB, 1273x717px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur_Reaction.jpg
207KB, 1273x717px
>>90586052
>Ms. Marvel
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh there's no real way to say this without coming off as an asshole, but when I think Pakistani I really think more Middle East than Asian. Particularly when the comic makes more of a point of highlighting Islam over ethnicity. Ms. Marvel doesn't strike me as the type to appeal to really eastern-ancestry kids like the PSA seems to promote (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc)
>>
>>90585974
Why don't you just look at any given manga or non western comic book?
>>
>>90586052
Who consider ms. Marvel asian?
>>
>>90586144
>>90586070
Not shit manga is a thing but the PSA's setting was in an american comic-book shop with a bunch of western comics, hence the question: are there any comics that star female-asians?
>>
>>90581651
ITT: Marvel/DC issues.

The solution is basically to read other company's stuff.
>>
>>90585974
There's a entire industry for asians it's called JAPAN and it's extremely popular. Funny enough BLACKS and mexicans read and like manga more than comics. So the idea you have to pander to them it's retarded, people as in buyers doesnt need to identify with the characters, they need to like the story and nothing more. That's why organic diversity always works but politically forced one doesnt.

Thing is Marvel isnt trying to get new readers, that is bullshit, it's just about getting FREE publicity from twitterretards and SJW. It's cheaper to bend to them than going to war against them , marvel doesnt care about the comics
>>
>>90586179
There were clearly manga in there, as can be seen when she picks one up. There, that's her representation, even the ad makes that clear.
>>
File: 1487243165779.png (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487243165779.png
156KB, 1000x1000px
>>90581651
hmmmm...reelly makes u chink...
>>
File: IMG_20150614_162342.jpg (28KB, 298x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150614_162342.jpg
28KB, 298x362px
Post your childhood hero
>>
>>90586179
When it comes to comics out from Valiant there is Doctor Mirage, Wayward is set in Japan and has an ensemble of mostly Japanese kids, there is also a lot of manga the kid might gravitate towards. Ironically every comic person who I met that like Iron Fist tend to be asian.
>>
File: Griffith_Portrait.jpg (134KB, 443x603px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith_Portrait.jpg
134KB, 443x603px
>>90586297
>>
File: 1484596339810.png (2MB, 1600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1484596339810.png
2MB, 1600x1173px
> implying "Asian-Americans" (Whatever generation of Chinese/Korean/Viet/Flip/Japanese/Indian/ and bi-racial etc.) do not have access to Asian television from around the world.

If anything I understand African-American's beef about representation because who the fuck broadcasts television from African countries? But no, that young girl has plenty of media to "find herself represented in" Gits is not "the asia-american experience" or whatever.
>>
>>90586329
I randomly started watching the old Berserk anime last year due to boredom but stopped due to other shows cropping up. Griffith was really cool though
>>
File: Johan 4.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Johan 4.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>
>>90581651

>Doc Strange's feet

>Squirrel girl's dislodged ankles and neck.

>Gwenpool's mismatching thighs.

>Wasp's fucked up shortening making her arms way too short.

> Whoever the fuck kid on the left where the artist didn't know how to draw rollerblades.

>the arms and thighs of the arrow girl.

>Miles' eyehole reflection making him look retarded.

Damn, and I thought the 90's superhero art was bad, holy fuck Liefeld draws better than this.
>>
>>90581651
>picks a comic about a white cyborg
really makes you think
>>
File: nyt The Shadow Hero.png (664KB, 1584x2328px) Image search: [Google]
nyt The Shadow Hero.png
664KB, 1584x2328px
>>90585856
Or Raina Telgemeier books, though her earliest book was in 2010.
>>
File: NYT Nov 20, 2016.png (355KB, 936x2248px) Image search: [Google]
NYT Nov 20, 2016.png
355KB, 936x2248px
>>90587306
My mistake, should have chosen this screencap.
>>
File: 2345234532.png (304KB, 584x565px) Image search: [Google]
2345234532.png
304KB, 584x565px
>>90581651
>Lives in a white majority country
>Upset when characters in a comic book don't look like her
Do white folk living in Japan get upset when they can't find comics about white folk in the local manga shop or is this pretty much just an American thing?
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310KB, 580x282px
>>90581651
I think Moon Girl is the worst looking "character" in this. At least all the other have costumes that look decent. FFS When exactly did they start doing this shit? Supposedly they are going back to roots but, I have no faith in them actually doing it.

Pic = Marvel
>>
>>90587406
>Do white folk living in Japan get upset when they can't find comics about white folk in the local manga
Anon, most Manga is about white people
>>
>>90581651
The Japs don't care because they think the movie is for stupid gaijin. The movie could have had Scarlett in yellow face and they wouldn't care considering the dumb nigger, flaming faggot and cowboy hillbilly depictions they still enjoy using.

The Chinese don't care because they think the movie is for dumbass gweilo and the Japs can suck white cock. Most of Asia share similar sentiments.
>>
>>90587501
Only retarded white folk think that.
>>
>>90587501
No
>>
>>90583493
Well I'm not sure about that. When I was a kid I loved Storm and Val from Josie and the Pussycats because they're good characters and they y'know looked like me.
>>
>>90587410
Marvel tradition. Young, know-it-all characters get shitty costumes. For example, Kitty Pryde or Hindsight Lad from New Warriors.
>>
>>90587686
>Mister Asia Spokesmen over here.
What's Eastern Asia's opinion on maki rolls and General Tso's while we're at it.
>>
>>90583493
Lots of little kids are aware of their race and wonder why there's very few characters like them.
>>
>>90581651
As a father and uncle, I've come to realize that diversity in comics only truly matters if you're a child. Children idolize heroes, they want to "be" those heroes. My 5 year-old black niece told me her favorite superhero (at the time) was Wonder Woman. I didn't have a problem with that, WW is probably the most advertised heroine out there. But then she said she wanted to be Wonder Woman, and have the same skin as her. So I started telling her about Nubia, Wonder Woman's sister, and she quickly changed her mind and said she wanted to be her instead of Diana.

TL;DR: Diversity is only important for children so they don't have self-esteem issues when they grow up. With that being said, Marvel fucked up by forcing everything so hard.
>>
>>90588192
This right here.

You guys have no idea of what Milestone (and later the Static Shock cartoon) represented to some black kids, 90's me included.

Virgil is better than Miles though.
>>
>>90583493
>Little kids don't care about race. Period.

Thaat's a lie, i'm from a country with no blacks and i HATED the token blacks before knowing they were token blacks, when i was a kid the only black guys i liked were pele and Micheal Jordan. I remember being 4 years old watching return of the jedi and hating seen Lando driving the Falcon dressed as Solo. Small kids don't have reasons to be racist, they just naturally reject people that doesnt look similar to them, especially dark skinned people for very good reasons, the same reasons Dogs hate blacks; we are extremely visual and in dark skinned people "reading" the emotions is harder if you are not used to that people, so kids and dogs that dont grow up around darkies will reject them.
>>
>>90588342
Have you ever considered that watching western television changed your perceptions about black people without ever even meeting them in real life?
>>
Why doesn't it suprise me that all the fucking people complaining about the GiTS movie aren't even fucking fans.
>>
>>90588342
>Thaat's a lie, i'm from a country with no blacks and i HATED the token blacks

Same but I never gave them any extra consideration. I didn't even differentiate them on skin colour. I just thought they looked like any other people. Now I have opposite views. Funny how that works out.
>>
>>90588342
>the same reasons Dogs hate blacks;
The fuck?
we are extremely visual and in dark skinned people "reading" the emotions is harder if you are not used to that people
?
>>
>>90587410
>>90581651
PS HTF does Riri fit her hair in that helmet? Fucking Rainbow Avengers
>>
>>90582918
>I could genuinely care less about diversity in comics.
"Couldn't" care less is the proper term, my fellow latinoanon
>>
>>90588160
>and wonder why there's very few characters like them.
Kids may be aware of their race, but they don't care about liberal concepts like representation and diveristy.
>>
>>90589011
Lots of kids do, just like this anon said here >>90588192. I remember being little and other kids talking about the lack of characters like them on the television too.
>>
File: contemplating black man.png (836KB, 929x1298px) Image search: [Google]
contemplating black man.png
836KB, 929x1298px
>>90588342
>Dogs hate blacks
>I only liked blacks that were good at sports
>I hated Lando because he wasn't Solo
>I hate black people because I can't read the emotions of their skin
so...you're retarded then?

>>90582918
>I couldn't care less
>Let me post my opinion

>>90589011
>Kids may be aware of race but don't care about representation
>You can't be superman, superman is white
>You can't be aquaman, aquaman can swim
>You can be the bad guy though
>No, you HAVE to be the black ranger
>>
Jesus christ thats disgusting
>>
only blacks care about ''representation''
>>
>>90589069
>>90589145
That's because those kids singularly lack creativity. As a kid, I was a ninja turtle, a dinosaur, a green power ranger, a robot, Superman, and many others. And I'm Hispanic. I was aware of race as a kid, but that didn't limit me or anyone else I knew about who they connected to. This concept that "I only like who looks like me" is rubbish.
>>
>>90585974
Lets see: Criteria.

Can or has held a solo title.

Western only.

Batgirl. Cass Cain
Silk
Psylocke should count as half.
Kamala Kahn
X23 should count as half.

That's a pretty short list.

I don't see why you would want to exclude offshoots of males, because legacy characters is pretty much all of western comics.
>>
>>90589281
>Black people made Iron Fist lead run from social media.
>tumblr is black
?
>>
>>90582918
Good thing we've got the Latino spokesperson to speak for us. People like you are the worst because you insinuate that you're above diversity but you're just an Uncle Tom trying to get cool points on 4chan.

Pathetic
>>
>>90589354
1 autistic asian girl made the guy quit twitter because hes a bitch
and as you can see here most of /co/mblr is black yes
>>
>>90589354
The tumblrite who ran Finn off of Twitter was an Asian female. Not black people.

Learn your facts before you shitpost.
>>
>>90589338
They are lying m8, they are SJW. Just ignore them, also you are Mexican, not hispanic, let's build the wall ok?
>>
>>90589370
fuck you im latino too and nobody here cares about your black struggle da man bringing you down shit kill yourself in your ghetto
>>
>>90589370
What's your stance on the matter then? I mean, you're clearly Latino since you said so on the internet. Enlighten us.
>>
Diversity doesn't sell. Check out any comic sales thread and you'll see almost nothing but white characters at the top. Even good stuff like New Superman isn't selling.
>>
>>90589383
>1 autistic asian girl
See how she's not black?

>>90589400
if you can't follow whats going on mate, kindly shut up
>>
>>90589456
Race doesnt, sale, characters do.
The industry is dying anyway
>>
>>90589491
>1 asian girl bitching about something x tons of characters becoming black for no reason
>>
File: IMG_0190.png (214KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.png
214KB, 512x512px
>>90582614
>whites.
>created racism.
>>
>>90589338
I'm Hispanic too and it was never about 'liking the one that looks like me', it was about literally almost never seeing anyone like me on tv.
>>
>>90583493
someone show him the video of the white girls reaction to getting black dolls for Christmas
>>
>>90589491
>if you can't follow whats going on mate, kindly shut up
Only if you swallow my nuts, fuckboy.
>>
>>90589671
I'm the person you replied to.

>it was about literally almost never seeing anyone like me on tv.
And why would that bother you as a fucking child? That shit is meaningless.
>>
>>90589804
thats what you get from watching shitty american comics cartoons, most people here tried to use kamehameha and never cared about that shit
comics were a mistake im glad they are dying
>>
>>90589349
Why would X count as half?
>>
File: nyt American Born Chinese.png (655KB, 1606x2291px) Image search: [Google]
nyt American Born Chinese.png
655KB, 1606x2291px
>>90589511

See >>90551676

>Comics Are Dying

>Except they totally are not

>2016 Bookscan sales numbers

>>90589456
You mean it doesn't sell on floppies.
>>
File: nyt Boxers & Saints.png (634KB, 1593x2336px) Image search: [Google]
nyt Boxers & Saints.png
634KB, 1593x2336px
>>90590070
>>
>>90589729
>white girls reaction to getting black dolls
That only applies to girls. I was glad when I had that green lantern (John i think was his name) toy as a kid during christmas.
>>
>>90581651
It's kinda dumb because I read all kinds of comics when I was a kid even though there weren't a lot of asian characters. I don't think a lack of asian characters stopped Jim Lee from loving comics. Wolverine was a more relatable character than Motoko.

That said I do wish she was played by an asian actress. Yes, she's a robot, and it's hard to tell exactly what features she's supposed to have from her character design (as with a lot of manga characters) but she operates in Japan and she is designed to be inconspicuous, thus she would look Japanese. At the same time though it's a movie so who gives a fuck. If it sucks it's not like having an asian lead would improve it.
>>
Kids don't read comics....
>>
>>90582918
Can't tell if you're an uncle tom or some /pol/tard.
>>
>>90585963
Since when is America responsible for representing the entire world? Start supporting Bollywood movies and Asian dramas if you care so much.
>>
File: 1488154203460.jpg (125KB, 1374x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1488154203460.jpg
125KB, 1374x1031px
>>90590513
>>
>>90589553
Haven't you ever taken a closer look at history?
>>
>>90590916
Great bait
>>
>>90583254
Exactly this.
>>
File: dcllive-trolls.jpg (44KB, 660x393px) Image search: [Google]
dcllive-trolls.jpg
44KB, 660x393px
>>90590513
Why not both? From what I've seen /pol/ is the most diverse white supremacist group out there.
>>
File: TAH15.jpg (137KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TAH15.jpg
137KB, 790x1200px
>>90586142
I don't disagree with you. Even though I know that Pakistan is in Asia, I don't think of it as east Asian at all (because it isn't). That's why I think her being included in this group is so jarring and out of place.
>>
>>90591129
Daily reminder that /pol/ isn't white.
>>
File: heavy sees you.jpg (87KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
heavy sees you.jpg
87KB, 1680x1050px
>>90590916
>>90582614
>whites invented the practice of being prejudice towards others on account of race
You don't seriously believe this do you
>>
Nobody is Jap in anime and manga. Even Japs themselves picture themselves as whites because they think they're above other Asians.

Don't watch the GITS movie if you don't like it, but these fucking idiots should quit complaining on their soapbox with stupid shit like this. Asians have nothing to complain about because at least they have long histories of culture, artifacts, and monuments. They practically have white privilege in all but name.
>>
>>90586142
Do you really expect Americans to understand the difference in Continental Asians? Especially a character that is passed around like a quota fulfillment?
>>
File: pool.jpg (20KB, 372x434px) Image search: [Google]
pool.jpg
20KB, 372x434px
>>90591129
So /pol/ really is just the "lolniggers" spergs from 2006 era /b/ all grown up?
>>
>>90583493
I don't know man. When I was a little kid buying old comics for the first time, I would always look for whatever I thought the the real shit was. Race, gender, and general identity swapping have always been a thing in comics. The thing is, I'd thumb passed the "irregular" comics and just look for what I thought the normal ones were--meaning the characters being portrayed as what they were created to be.
>>
>>90591227
I mean sure people were prejudiced against others, slightly (relative I know) but when white people came on the scene they evolved the concept into proper racism that you see today. Racism have only really existed in its known form for about half a millennia with europe colonizing others land and needing a justification for treating their fellow humans as less than so.
>>
>>90590623
But America its one of the most diverse countries in the world.
>>
>>90587724
>>90587766
Most anime characters are drawn to look like white people. Even the ones with blue hair.
>>
>>90591362
Sadly. Just half a decade back they were 90% white. They're still around 65% and throw in some more with hispanic whites it's only at about 70% if we're generous.
>>
>>90588192
you are retarded if the only way you can admire someone and want to be like them is if they have the same race and you, im not white and that didnt stom me from wanted to be spider man wen i was a kid.
choke on a dick
>>
>>90591460
Nigga no. You just think that because you have whites as the default. Naruto isn't white in Nippon's eyes for example.
>>
>>90591251
They're all the same shit, just minor differences because they're all autistic about maintaining MUH CULTURAL/RACIAL PURITY.
>>
>>90591509
Don't you have a cabin to tend too, uncle Tom?
>>
>>90591356
You do realize Africans had been enslaving other tribes LONG before Europeans arrived on their shores, right? Treating other human beings as less than human beings is a common human trait in Asians too, white people sure as fuck didn't ''''''''teach'''''''' it
>>
>>90591547
>How dare these niggers be ungrateful
>>
>>90591285
Duh. The sjws infiltrated /b/ and got them addicted to shaved dudes in skirts. Everyone who wasn't a closet fag went to /pol/
>>
>>90585626
There is a full blown lesbian orgy that the Major participates in. It's not something kids would be reading in the first place. Just more idiots using children to spread their agenda.
>>
>>90591356
I'm sure that's what they told you in school.
>>
>>90589370
>>90590513
>Muh Uncle Tom
shot yourself, right now.
there's no hope for you.
>>
>>90591511
>implying that Nip opinion matters
Naruto has blonde hair, white skin, and blue eyes. There's no fucking way he's not a white person. Gai is what Japs are supposed to look like, but they hate their features, hence why they give themselves bigger eyes and Caucasian traits.

That stupid Asian bitch that made that Youtube video should take a look in the fucking mirror. Manga and anime characters do not look like her or any other Orientals. Second, she's living in a society that's white majority and defined by what's acceptable by the white population. Don't like it? Go back to where you came from because I bet there's plenty of movies and shows that you can relate to.
>>
>>90591511
>Blonde hair
>blue eyes
>acts like every obnoxious white kid I've ever met
Sure Naruto is a Japanese boy, lol
>>
>>90591509
And look at you now.
I think it's more a point of our childhood lizadbrains do try to emulate people we see as ourselves and there's an obvious racial/physical component to it.
>>
>>90591636
>they hate their features, hence why they give themselves bigger eyes and Caucasian traits.

Citation needed.
>>
File: 1292788059447.jpg (49KB, 316x326px) Image search: [Google]
1292788059447.jpg
49KB, 316x326px
>>90581651
I'm native american, probably one of the most ignored racial groups around in media, and even as a kid I never once thought "man this would be better if so-and-so was a native instead of white or black" or "I cant identify with this character due to their race."

Diversity for the sake of diversity feels extremely partitioning. When the story calls for diversity it is great, but when they just race swap established heroes or make a mountain of new ones that just equate to "mexican/black/asian/biracial superman", I cant help but feel kinda embarrassed.
>>
>>90591656
thats called beaing racist, its like saying you loved basketball as a kid but you never dreamed to become like michael jordan just because he is black
>>
File: keanureevesbeard.jpg (43KB, 445x500px) Image search: [Google]
keanureevesbeard.jpg
43KB, 445x500px
Is neo white, /co/? Or asian?
>>
>>90591671
If Nips didn't hate their features, why don't they actually draw themselves how they really look? They're all supposed to have dark hair, slanty eyes, and Mongoloid facial structure. Everybody knows Japs and other Asians have a serious hard-on for whites. It's why their women crave white cock and intermarry so much.

The Japs are flattered that a big name Hollywood star like ScarJo is doing them a favor by starring in one of their works. I'd like to see the Japs make the kind of money and popularity that Hollywood films churn out.
>>
Would you look at that /co/ is filled with all kinds of minorities and they just happen to back the white man's opinion and the status quo. Remember that people lie on the internet, kids.
>>
>>90591765
Just because Keanu has some chink blood doesn't mean that his character, Thomas Anderson is supposed to be a mongrel. It's like saying Superman is part-Asian just because Dean Cain is 1/4 Jap.
>>
File: 2534723131.jpg (76KB, 575x397px) Image search: [Google]
2534723131.jpg
76KB, 575x397px
>>90591636
>Exaggerating features mean their white
So are the simpsons Asian?
>>
>>90584592
Ghost in the Shell is very mature, but for more reasons than that.

It deals with a lot of weighty concepts that a child probably won't understand/find interesting.
>>
File: TheSlap.png (769KB, 1675x1198px) Image search: [Google]
TheSlap.png
769KB, 1675x1198px
>>90586329
Responsible for one of the single most powerful moments in all comic history.
>>
>>90591844
Is Keanu white or asian?
>>
>>90591806
dont feel bad tumblr theres plenty of swj that agree with you (odly enougth they are almost all withe) but unfortunat efor you the internet is still a free speach space and futhermore it can be used in all he world.
Im mexican i like my white characthers to stay white and my black characthers to stay black
>>
>>90591806
You're welcome to your opinion, but why do you choose to come here? I'm genuinely curious. You seem like you would enjoy Tumblr or Reddit far more than this place so I just have to ask, why are you here?
>>
>>90591913
Neither. Both.
>>
>>90591801
>I'd like to see the Japs make the kind of money and popularity that Hollywood films churn out

They can't. As shit as western anime movies are, the Japs really aren't much better. Look at the Attack on Titan movie, or the upcoming Full Metal Alchemist live action movie.

Interestingly enough, majority of both of those series characters are caucasian. In AoT, Asians are considered rare as fuck to the point where even a half asian is considered valuable. And in FMA, the series takes place in what is essentially Germany, with the only Asians being from Xing.
>>
>>90585957
No, seriously, who does that? I'm pacific islander, and I have never looked for a brown islander in comics or cartoons. This is the worst way to judge the medium.
>>
File: 1437886843012.jpg (15KB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
1437886843012.jpg
15KB, 211x203px
>>90581651
Are kids supposed to be watching Ghost in the Shell? Is that the target audience? No, most likely not. Who gives a fuck
>>
Not to start comic wars, but on the whole I prefer DC's handling of these kind of things.

Superman is still Superman
Batman is still Batman
Wonder Woman is still Wonder Woman

But that doesn't mean that Batgirl cant exist, or Power Girl. We can have a Chinese Superman, but he didn't replace Clark the way Miles replaced Ult Pete. When DC made "girl Joker" we got Harley rather than making Joker a girl for whatever reason.

I like that all these other minority's can be represented in the DCU, they can be Speedsters or Green Lanterns or Kryptonian's, but no matter what, the characters you love generally stay the same (except Alan Scott.)
>>
>>90583254
You mean "movies", because Motoko only becomes expressionless after AI AIDS.
>>
>>90592053
>they can be Speedsters or Green Lanterns or Kryptonian's
thats the rigth way to do it and marvel cant doit for shit, they rather have characthers share the same name even if it doesnt make any sence like having 2 capitan america
>>
>>90591848
No, because Asians aren't literally yellow you dink. Yellow is white on the simpsons. If a character is asian they're drawn a lighter shade of yellow or if they're black they're colored in brown.
>>
>>90591707
Yeah kids are racist.
In pretty much the basest sense.
>>
>>90592053
Marvel has plans to go that route, but it's too little, too late. They'll be bringing back Tony as Iron Man, Banner will be back as Hulk, Thor will become worthy again, etc, but the legacies will be around as well.

Marvel's problem, however, is that they have shitty creative talent and equally shitty editorial. It doesn't matter who the characters are, as long as Marvel's writers/artists/editors are still shit, the comics won't actually get any better.
>>
>>90591913
CryptoHapa
>>
>>90592034
Supposed to? No. Will they? Probably.
Most kids don't follow guidelines and the guidelines probably make them want to watch it more.
>>
>>90592272
>a mostly white board
Any evidence for that? Because the HWNDU threads showed that 4chan is more diverse that one may think.
>>
>>90592272
Wow, what a racist piece of shit you are.
>>
>>90592235
there have beaing case studies that shows that kids rather play with other kids who are the same race than themselfs and this tipe of counduct can only get worse if you tell them they can only like characthers who have the same race as they
>>
File: tristan-thompson.jpg (42KB, 650x458px) Image search: [Google]
tristan-thompson.jpg
42KB, 650x458px
>>90592272
>Tristian
Oh shit I'm found out.
>>
File: spy.png (462KB, 753x544px) Image search: [Google]
spy.png
462KB, 753x544px
>>90592272
>WHAT?! Poor clueless minorites who don't agree with my world view?!
>SURELY it must be just evil white people pretending to be minorities, of course!

Kill yourself you nut-gobbling faggot.
>>
>>90592272
So /pol/ is the only board that can be diverse? And only white people can like comics?
>>
>>90591806
said the white suburban kid
kill yourself tumblr
>>
>>90581651
As a latino i don't give a shit about latino inclusion in US media. I haven't met anyone who gives a shit about misrepresented border jumpers. We have our own media too you know? Our own tv and movies filled with latinos and 0% inmigrants. And they mostly suck, but that's on us.
Diversity is a North American concept and if you keep it this way you won't stop because you're not trying to please the minorities, you're trying to please white people, women in particular. Stop feeling sorry and guilty all the time, movies about slavery won't sell in other counties. Focus your budget in good writers, not all-female writers.
It's quite embarrassing to see.
>>
File: 1423755495517.png (807KB, 982x980px) Image search: [Google]
1423755495517.png
807KB, 982x980px
>>90581651
>tfw Eastern European
>tfw can't connect with any superheroes because none of them suffer from fetal alcohol synrome and have a tendency to beat people in road rage incidents, but only if they're considerable weaker and smaller, or women.
>>
>>90592358
Nobodies telling them, it's what they do.
>>
>>90592272
>who dare this minorties have an opinion of their own
yea wonder who is the rasist in this scenario
>>
>>90589349
WHY WOULD X-23 COUNT AS HALF? Even with the whole "she's actually her mother's daughter" theory, Sarah Kinney was white
>>
>>90583005
This. They don't give a fuck about us, they don't even give a fuck about our money, really. They're just trying to stir up controversy because it's the only way they can get people to talk about their terrible comics.
>>
>>90592399
nope my dad always told me girls were capable of doin the same as men and not do jude a man for the color of his skin belive me pal haveng good parents make alot of dieferense afther all we dont born beaing racist
>>
>>90592468
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>90592468
everybody knows girls cant do shit other than suck dick
>>
>>90589370
>implying you're not just looking for goodboy points from that SJW girl you want to fuck (even if it's not a specific girl, you believe being a socially conscious individual will increase your sexual stock)
Unless you are literally going out and helping the poor disenfranchised minority communities you claim to care about, your lip service is such unbelievable bullshit. Oh and also, to play your game for a second, Uncle Tom is an incredibly racist term that invalidates the opinions of PoC unless they fall in line with the white liberal zeitgeist.
>>
File: purge normies.jpg (42KB, 918x245px) Image search: [Google]
purge normies.jpg
42KB, 918x245px
>>
>>90589349
>Laura is a genetic twin of a white canadian
>birthed by a white american

>half-asian
>>
>>90592498
no is not
>>
File: 1485959754459.jpg (33KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485959754459.jpg
33KB, 453x500px
>>90592468
Your dad is a fucking loser lmao
>>
>>90592632
not arguing with that
>>
>>90592538
What would they say if we countered with Black Panther being portrayed as a white man, or not even that but an asian man?
>>
>>90592696
>>90591401
>>
>>90581651
>8 year old Asian girl
>identifies with scantily clad, buxom, blue haired non-asian looking adult cyborg
This has to be a joke video right?
>>
>>90585957
Black Arab here. A character' race has never effected my enjoyment of anything. It's narrsiastic and anyone that gives a shit about stuff like this is a self-centered racist asshole.
>>
>>90593658
To me it seems she even glossed over a semi asian girl in one of other comics.
>>
File: 213431241324123.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
213431241324123.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>Brexit won
>Trump won
>People starting to finally get pissed about refugee crisis
>Nationalism and right wing groups on the rise all over the world
>The only thing the leftist can do to "fight" this is keep casting back people in comics and movies
These are great days we're living in bros.
>>
>>90593922
Quiet, you. You disturbing the narrative!
>>
>>90592053
DC also don't shout from the rooftops begging for praise like Marvel do.
>>
File: 1486448536826.jpg (126KB, 1024x953px) Image search: [Google]
1486448536826.jpg
126KB, 1024x953px
>>90593997
>>
>>90594014
You know what's sad. I always use to like badass female characters the most when I was kid (Probably because I'm bisexual) .It's to bad SJWs had to ruin them.
>>
>>90581651
Girl Iron Man would have been better if she stuck with 'giant notgundam' armour style instead of switching to a generic iron man suit and colours but drawn with a sexier ass.
>>
>>90588117
>Dumb fuck gweilo asking about food.
We like that you give us money even if you don't know what the fuck you are eating.
>>
File: 1420094536016.jpg (955KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1420094536016.jpg
955KB, 1920x1080px
>>90594212
I know that feel bro (minus the bisexual part)
>>
>>90594212
The problem is none of the new female characters are badass. They're all quirky cutesy incompetent millennials inspired by Gillen.

There are some good ones outside of capes though, what's her face from Monstress is a badass and so is Gert from I Hate Fairyland, although she doesn't quite fit that mold.
>>
>>90591356
>proper racism that you see today
Wow, you don't travel much nigga people has always been that way in all the countries. Just look at India and the caste system wich was partially removed by England or the prehispanic America with toons of slaves sacrificed in pyramids
>>
>>90594551
>tons of slaves sacrificed in pyramids
it usualy were rivals who were sacrificided and if they were sacrifising some of they own it was a priviliege check jewpedia or something
>>
>>90594626
Sure, were rivals or was a privilege? anyhow 80,400 people were sacrificed at a single temple inauguration in 1487, couple of years before the arival of Spain, also the indians trow their babies to the crocodiles from time to time
>>
>>90594457
>The problem is none of the new female characters are badass. They're all quirky cutesy incompetent millennials inspired by Gillen
Yeah I know. You're right on the money and it isn't just comic books. The kind of women we see in movies and tv shows are the same way too. The last female character I really enjoyed was The Widow from Enter the Badlands. It's not just women even. All the characters now have to be "relatable" and sarcastic now. The funny thing is the more "diversity" they put in the more bland the actual characters are.
>>
>>90581651
>Ghost in the Shell
>A universe where people swap bodies at a whim
>A universe where the manga and movie's entire theme is about how the person/identity is malleable
It's a post human environment, if anything it's the death of diversity
The fuck is this
>>
>>90583662
to be fair japan has serious issues with their perception of beauty relative to their race
niggas will bend over for white women
>>
>>90591605
I read GitS when I was 10 purely for that scene
Shit was full color too, goddamn amazing
>>
>>90594854
SJWs can't comprehend a future without the problems we face in our society right now. Despite they're constant use of revolutionary language. They can't foresee an end to the status quo. They're even worse then Conservatives.
>>
>>90582579
>fucking with established characters is a no-no.

Beta Ray Bill. James Rhodes. John Walker.

All characters who "replaced" the Avengers in critically acclaimed storylines.
>>
>>90595118

>21. Leftists may claim that their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principles, and moral principle does play a role for the leftist of the oversocialized type. But compassion and moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is too prominent a component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the people whom the leftists claim to be trying to help. For example, if one believes that affirmative action is good for black people, does it make sense to demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously it would be more productive to take a diplomatic and conciliatory approach that would make at least verbal and symbolic concessions to white people who think that affirmative action discriminates against them. But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power. In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists' hostile attitude toward the white majority tends to intensify race hatred.

>22. If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss.
>>
>>90583435
Not the same dude but as a Mexican Browno I'm pissed that they're tossing him to the curve while giving shit like "Captain" Marvel and "Iron"heart more attention.
>>
My favorite comic character was Scrooge growing up because my penis is shaped like a corkscrew too
>>
>>90595326
You see hombre, he's actually a decent cahracter and therefore not something marvel is gonna push since they only ever force dogshit, they have to.
>>
>>90595333
Do tell.
>>
File: Valkyrie_Domino_Race.jpg (3MB, 4222x4150px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie_Domino_Race.jpg
3MB, 4222x4150px
Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?

Why can't Marvel just create new characters instead of ruining the ones that already exist?
Can't find a hot white Viking woman?
Also, what's wrong with showing some leg? Got to wear pants huh?

What about Domino?
Can't find a hot white, now powder woman?
>>
>>90595433
But blacks wuz vikangs.
>>
>>90595233
Replace the use of "leftist" with liberal and I'd agree with you for the most part. It's also not that social ills don't exist. It's that SJWs overblow or create issues that don't exist while reducing all of societies problems to pseudo fascist narratives about race and sex. They can't imagine a society where men and women are treated equal and minorities are able to full integrate with the majority. They can't imagine a world where technology and diplomacy can lead to equality and prosperity for everyone. All they want is to get a bigger piece of the pie for them and whatever minority group they identify with. All their rhetoric and social justice crap is just to cover up their actual goal of carving out their own space within the existing system.
>>
File: 1409460213449.png (307KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1409460213449.png
307KB, 403x403px
>>90581651
>little sub 10 year old girl picks up the GitS manga

Top kek. They should make a sequel video where she sits at home trying to read it and get confused/irritated at all the philosophy and psychobabble, then returns it and picks up a Silk spidey comic.
>>
>>90581651
Shill your video elsewhere. I'm sure leddit would love it.
>>
>>90587106
90's art was characterized by bad proportions and excessive crosshatching.

00's art was characterized by bad photorealism and excessive tracing.

Deodato made a name for himself doing both.
>>
>>90587406
It's a female thing. Men don't give a shit.
>>
>>90594786
ad you didnt cheked jewpedia like i told you to know he why and whos, sad you could habe learned a thing or two
>>
>>90596124
All your statement is a nonsense that was a privilege but was 4 the enemies but was bad but was good but you don't even know what you are talking about
>>
>>90596310
It also seems that at least in some cases, the strong emphasis given to human sacrifice may have stemmed from the great honour Mesoamerican society bestowed on those who became an ixiptla—that is, a god's representative, image or idol. Ixiptla was the same term used for wooden, stone and dough images of gods. Interestingly, Aztec texts rarely differentiate between human ixiptla and wooden or stone ixiptla. Both types were so elaborately costumed and painted that even the congregation was unsure which were human ixiptla and which were stone or wood (Duran, Book of the Gods and Rites, 102). Thus, when a victim appeared in full regalia before the congregation, it was said that the divinity had been given 'human form'—that the god now had an ixitli (face) (Duran, Book of the Gods..., 72-73). Duran says such victims were 'worshipped... as the deity' (Duran, Book of the Gods and Rites, 42,109,232) or 'as though they had been gods' (Sahagun, Florentine Codex Bk 2: 226, 238-239) (-the original Nahuatl term being nienoteoti'tzinea, literally, 'I consider him a god') (Clavigero, 98). Even whilst still alive, ixiptla victims were honoured, hallowed and addressed (like gods) as 'Lord' and 'Lady' (Duran, Book of the Gods and Rites.., 189). Posthumously, their remains were treated as actual relics of the gods which explains why victims' skulls, bones and skin were often painted, bleached, stored and displayed, or else used as ritual masks and oracles. For example, Diego Duran's informants told him that whoever wore the skin of the victim who had portrayed god Xipe (Our Lord the Flayed One) felt he was wearing a holy relic. He considered himself 'divine' (Duran, Book of the Gods and Rites..176).
>>
>>90595706
>6. Almost everyone will agree that we live in a deeply troubled society. One of the most widespread manifestations of the craziness of our world is leftism, so a discussion of the psychology of leftism can serve as an introduction to the discussion of the problems of modern society in general.

>7. But what is leftism? During the first half of the 20th century leftism could have been practically identified with socialism. Today the movement is fragmented and it is not clear who can properly be called a leftist. When we speak of leftists in this article we have in mind mainly socialists, collectivists, "politically correct" types, feminists, gay and disability activists, animal rights activists and the like. But not everyone who is associated with one of these movements is a leftist. What we are trying to get at in discussing leftism is not so much movement or an ideology as a psychological type, or rather a collection of related types. Thus, what we mean by "leftism" will emerge more clearly in the course of our discussion of leftist psychology. (Also, see paragraphs 227-230.)

>8. Even so, our conception of leftism will remain a good deal less clear than we would wish, but there doesn't seem to be any remedy for this. All we are trying to do here is indicate in a rough and approximate way the two psychological tendencies that we believe are the main driving force of modern leftism. We by no means claim to be telling the WHOLE truth about leftist psychology. Also, our discussion is meant to apply to modern leftism only. We leave open the question of the extent to which our discussion could be applied to the leftists of the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Try giving it a read:

http://www.davesag.com/unabomber/2leftism.html
>>
>>90590493
Bullshit, nobody over the age of 12 would read Raina Telgemier
>>
>>90596387
So you are saying that NOW according to you they didn't sacrifice a single one, ok continue rewriting the history who cares, it's just your history
>>
>>90588192
>Telling a child they can't choose the race they want to be
Fucking bigot.
>>
>>90581651
They should just show the little girl watching the original Ghost in the Shell Anime and not the Scarlett Johanson rip off that , I have a strong feeling, is going to suck.
>>
>>90596596
When has a live action anime adaption not sucked donkey dick?
>>
>>90596523
The practice of human sacrifice was widespread in the Mesoamerican and in the South American cultures during the Inca Empire.[4][5] Like all other known pre-Columbian civilizations of Mesoamerica, the Aztecs practiced human sacrifice. The extant sources describe how the Aztecs sacrificed human victims on each of their eighteen festivities, one festivity for each of their 20-day months.[6] It is unknown if the Aztecs engaged in human sacrifice before they reached the Anahuac valley and started absorbing other cultural influences. The first human sacrifice reported in the sources was the sacrifice and skinning of the daughter of the king Cóxcox of Culhuacán; this story is a part of the legend of the foundation of Tenochtitlan.[7] Several ethnohistorical sources state that under the guidance of Tlacaelel, the importance of human sacrifice in Aztec history grew. The Aztecs would perform a series of rituals on nearby tribesmen, sacrifice them using an obsidian knife, and then donate their blood to the Aztec god Acolnahuacatl. They would end the sacrificing when he had finished drinking and he was no longer thirsty. This ritual would go on for a whole weekend so as to please the gods.

im posting fragments of jewpedia since you dont fukcking what to go and read it yourself
>>
>>90583882
Also notice when he was a little girl, the girls in the shop were looking at Supergirl tv show comics which wouldn't have been around
>>
>>90596636
old boy but it was manga
>>
>>90596387
>great honour Mesoamerican society bestowed on those who became an ixiptla
ok so they sacrifice
> Ixiptla was the same term used for wooden
no no was just wood
>The practice of human sacrifice was widespread in the Mesoamerican
but they sacrifice
Didn't you learn in schook that wikipedia isn't academic
>>
>>90591356
So how's middle school like
>>
>>90596396
Oh the Unabombers maifesto is actual great. I thought you were parroting some crap from some conservative website. I've never read the whole thing. Just bits and pieces of it. I'll read through it.
Heres an alternative persecutive for you .

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/01/18/pers-j18.html
>>
>>90581651
They shouldn't have sold that little girl that book, it's super fucking explicit.
>>
https://youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc

I prefer the video where most of the Japanese people interviewed are perfectly fine with ScarJo as the Major, and their reaction to Americans saying it's racist basically amounted to bemusement.
>>
>>90595433
>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?

As a non-American slav yuropoor I've been wondering how do your regular middle class black folk react to this shit? Does it even make people have lower opinions of non-whites? I know if some racial minority here shouted 'gib me dat white devil' constantly they'd be ''shut down'' immediately.
>>
>>90590513
Uncle Tom? You brown gringos need to stop acting like black people and come up with your shit. No wonder two worlds despise you.
>>
>>90583435
I miss Robbie. He was good.
>>
>>90595135
exactly.

the only true mistake is iceman, because he's never going to be straight again.
>>
>>90599694
It's not too late for it to be confirmed as insidious Teen Jean mind control. Plenty of people see it as that already.
>>
File: 1488436780211.gif (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488436780211.gif
49KB, 400x400px
>Every fucker saying kids want to be their heroes
>tfw you were the kid who liked picking weirdo monster races in vidya and liked comics with McFarlane tier edgy monster protag characters
>didn't even think of spider man as white, just thought he looked super cool and had a neat grungy aesthetic at the time

Like come on, it's fantasy, you look at it as a different role and enjoy the ride, who gives and shit, I used to read comics about fucking Zulu warriors and another about Nordic vikings and I'm fucking hispanic, who gives and shit as long as it's good
>>
File: americans.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>90598770
>>
>>90591285
>All grown up

The people in >>90591129 are all like 19.
>>
>>90591129
>not a schoop
>>
>>90601842
That's a grown up in terms of 4chan.
If you're over 25 you're ancient and if you're over 30 you're a fucking Methuselah
>>
>>90592390
>who is carol, "captain" marvel
>>
>>90591509
What part of "Diversity is only important to children" didn't you understand?
>>
>>90599932
>tfw you were the kid who liked picking weirdo monster races in vidya
Are you me anon? Seriously, who the fuck only wants to play/read about characters who look like them when you could play/read a lizard man with a long sword?
>>
Do comic book shops normally have Mangos in them? My LCS doesnt pack any and even if it did have mangas its a comic book shop so no shit it would be predominantly be about Western comics its like going to a Comicshop in Japan and expecting to see Western shit.
>>
>>90603713
Ours has a very small section. And by that I mean a 2.5 foot single shelf. I mean you can get that stuff ordered if you want but it's 99% western for the most part.
>>
>>90603713
My LCS is pretty big and it does have a manga section, but it's minuscule compared to the rest of the store. Just part of a shelf, and a bit of endcap.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure my LCS has a bigger shelf dedicated to Little Golden Books than it does for manga.
>>
When i was a child i dint even though on the race of the characters i liked

t. latino
>>
I'm White and when I grew up I thought most Hispanics were white too. At worst they had Spanish names (which I figured Spain = Europe = White) and I just thought the kids who could speak Spanish were smart because they spoke two languages.
Then I got older and everyone became racist.
>>
I want to leave this double standard society.
>>
>>90605035
I'm a white brazilian and my favorite heroes of all time were either Kamen Rider, or Jiban, or ninja Jiraya. All japanese.
>>
>>90598770
>actual Japanese people don't give a shit
>only 2nd generation+ Americans and white guilt sjws care
I wonder what excuse they'll come up with to say that the actual Japanese people are wrong?
>>
File: 1484261503649.png (789KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484261503649.png
789KB, 1920x1080px
>>90605392
Top fuckin' kek
>>
>>90605362
>white brazilian
oxymoron, macacas can't be white
>>
>>90581651
>Genuinely made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in comics.

You have got to be kidding me, no seriously, you have to be kidding me.

The message of this video is actually racist as fuck and these politically correct types are so far up their asses that they don't realize this.

>I'm an Asian girl so I only want to read and can only relate to female Asian heroes. I don't want any heroes who aren't Asian.

>Kids will only want to read about heroes that are the same race (and maybe same sex) as them

THAT's the message this video is actually sending to anyone that actually takes more than 1 minute to think past the feel-good emotion the makers were going for.

This video is hypocrisy.
>>
>>90605553
The excuse I've seen most often is that "it's different for actual Japanese living in Japan because they wouldn't understand the struggles of being an Asian American living in a majority white country and having your cultural identity whitewashed".

Yeah.
>>
>>90599932

As a kid I absolutely adored silent Protagonists like Doomyguy and Gordon Freeman for some reason. I guess I always liked the idea of this silent protector or something.
>>
>>90605781
nah, you just wanted to be a stalker
>>
>>90581651
Lel.

That said, Scartoko is pretty bad. Not because muh diversity, but because it's just kinda cringeworthy and it makes for a main character that doesn't fit the setting she's in. Why the fuck would an American chick be working as a Japanese secret police officer in a Japanese police force in Japan? Why would all her friends in this Japanese police force in Japan be white people?

It's not bad because of diversity, it's bad because it's jarringly apparent that the film has sacrificed believability and realistic worldbuilding for the sake of appeasing Americans. Who, really, will relate to any character of any race if that character is well-written and enjoyable to watch.

>inb4 she's a cyborg she can look how she wants

She's a Japanese cyborg working in a Japanese police force in Japan, often going undercover alongside Japanese people. There's literally no reason for her to wear a Caucasian body.

Also, this movie looks like a directionless mishmash of visuals from every GitS adaptation sewn together with a shitty nuRobocop plot.
>>
It's not even true diversity. When touting diversity it's mostly racial and not ethnicities. Half of the characters are from New York. What's diverse about that? At least Sam Alexander Nova is from a different state. You go to Puerto Rico or Nicaragua where my folks are from. Pick a neighborhood and you'll see folks of different colors, but most of those people well eat the same foods, grow up with the same stories, and so on. Different in skin color, but not culture.
>>
File: 1468454351386.jpg (143KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
1468454351386.jpg
143KB, 800x586px
>>90605861
How did you know?
>>
>>90596919
>>90596387
>>90596310
>>90596124
>>90594786
>>90594626
>>90594551

Another anon here. I recognize the source he or she is citing. A crazy but knowledgeable person once shared it with me in Twitter.

The author is a respected archeologist/historian, from what I remember.
>>
>>90606018
>>90596387

Here is it:

>Dark religion: Aztec perspectives on human sacrifice

https://openjournals.library.sydney.edu.au/index.php/SSR/article/viewFile/208/187

Basically it's a short essay on what the Aztec society really thought about human sacrifice and why they did it.

>"The god eat us as we eat them".

According to they guy in Twitter, this .pdf is summary version of the thesis of the author, which is like 100+ pages or more.

He also recommended to explore the works cited, as some of them "gravely reveal more intricate details and expand on the reasons this paper touches... linking specific myths with emotions the human sacrifices understood and took as basis of their decision of becoming a teoixiptla... like penance and atonement; the search for redemption. Or the need to protect one's community and loved ones.".
>>
File: Gaijin.jpg (138KB, 700x790px) Image search: [Google]
Gaijin.jpg
138KB, 700x790px
>>
>>90581651
Diversity isn't the problem. Diversity in blatant svervice to an external ideological position is the problem.
>>
>>90588390
He did say hated
He isn't saying he hates all blacks now. He just didn't like black people when he was a kid
>>
File: 4480492626_1bd4dc0134_b.jpg (420KB, 774x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4480492626_1bd4dc0134_b.jpg
420KB, 774x1024px
>kids appreciate seeing positive characters that look like them and it's good for their self esteem
>wow okay so you're saying these kids can ONLY like a character that looks EXACTLY like them?
>I guess we found out who the real racists were after all :^)
>>
>>90607744
(referring to this thread, not the image in the previous post)
>>
>>90591913
Purely from looks, I'd say white.
>>
File: gitsmanga02.jpg (95KB, 734x405px) Image search: [Google]
gitsmanga02.jpg
95KB, 734x405px
wow, I sure hope that little girl enjoyed GitS :)
>>
>>90603713
The ones I've seen usually have some manga, but only popular stuff like Onepunch Man, Attack on Titan, generic shonen etc
>>
File: 1157.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1157.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>90591883
>>
>>90603713
I work at one and here's how we pick our manga.

We have the usual suspects some from Shonen Jump and a couple classics that are recommended.The big problem with manga is shelf space and later volumes not selling it's easy to pick up vol 1 but vol 17? So we focus in on manga that has buzz and pick up the first two volumes. If people want the rest we set up a special order for them or a sub. We also do some minor anime merch but it's all either Gundam, Sailor Moon or Dragonball because those tend have consistent people in the area who like it and we know it's not really a risk.
>>
>>90608794
What's with all this self-esteem bullshit, a year of elementary school and it's gone.
>>
>>90581651
white people are a world minority. males even more so, making up maybe 7% tops of the world population. having everyone be black or asian woud be the true representation of most humans on earth, but that wouldn't be very diverse.
>>
>>90583435

Not a latino but Robbie in general is just a good character. Its a shame it took so long post Secret Wars for him to show up again and his book was half filled with Cho hulk, X-23 Wolverine, Silk and Agents of Shield.

Robbie also doesn't replace anyone all the Ghost Riders still exist he just has powers that are similar to them.
>>
>>90596636
Speed Racer
>>
>>90590513
Seeing people as Uncle Toms is extremely racist.
>>
>>90610218
Yeah but most comics aren't set on the entire surface of earth. The majority of American comics are set in America.
>>
>>90588250
I loved the shot of the 2000's cartoon. It kills me DC doesn't use him more
>>
>>90607744

Liberals and Race Identity people see this as a Black kid can't even imagine a Black hero. Instead of seeing it as a Black kid looking up to the best hero and wanting to be like him.

Ive always been annoyed by the race is a social construct shit but recently ive started to see yeah in some ways it kind of is. Its a social construct to pressure people into thinking thinking things like a Black kid can't look up to Superman. A girl has to have Wonder woman as their favorite hero.

Kids like heroes based on completely random shit the look of a costume the colour scheme of it, if they think their powers are cool kids don't care about race until you teach them to care about race.
>>
>>90588192
You child is racist, yo
>>
>>90592272
>You silly minorities don't know what's good for you!
>It must be whitey threatening to shoot your family if you don't agree with them in an anonymous internet board

.That's racist and retarded
>>
>>90591232
>Nobody is Jap in anime and manga.
Most characters in anime and manga are Japanese.

>Even Japs themselves picture themselves as whites
They don't.

>>90591460
This is narcissistic projection at best and white supremacist propaganda at worst.

>>90591636
>Naruto has blonde hair, white skin, and blue eyes.
By this logic any Japanese person who puts on blue contacts and a blonde wig is indistiguishable from a white person.

> but they hate their features
This is you projecting either your own racial self-hatred or white supremacist beliefs onto them.

>Manga and anime characters do not look like her or any other Orientals.
Which doesn't make them white. By this logic if a color is not black then it must be white, as if those were the only colors in existence.

>>90591801
>If Nips didn't hate their features, why don't they actually draw themselves how they really look?
Why should they? And what do you have to say about American cartoon characters that don't look like real people?

>>90596636
Westerners never even hear about the vast majority of manga and anime adaptations, just the ones that are made in America or based on something very popular in America.
>>
Remember when Kurosawa remade Shakespeare's plays as movies set in Japan and western film makers remade his samurai movies as westerns and no one got mad about it?
>>
>>90612162
Remakes with altered settings, characters and names are not the same thing.
>>
>>90612162
That is a false equivalence if I have ever seen one.
>>
>>90582614
Try living in a non white society
>>
>>90612262
I'm saying GitS should have gone full Magnificent Seven/A Fistful of Dollars, put a "based/inspired by Ghost in the Shell" in the credits, done.
>>
>>90583491
She really could of read almost any manga. Also crying like a bitch.
>>
>>90610218
I thought everyone ends up roughly close to one another with an East Asian plurality pulling it out
>>
>>90612305
Might as well be as they changed the plot into a "The people who made you are bad"
>>
>>90612424
>"The people who made you are bad"
It's about the Major as a teenager and how she rebels against her parents.
>>
File: white people.jpg (37KB, 215x150px) Image search: [Google]
white people.jpg
37KB, 215x150px
>>
>>90581651
as an Asian, this fucking insults me
>>
>>90581651
>only white people should be represented in entertainment because other races existing is my trigger
You guys are so sensitive that it's genuinely annoying.
>>
>>90615485
Blame SJWs. "Diversity" was not a problem until they turned it into one.
>>
>>90615596
How is diversity a problem? it's the mere notion of other races existing! if that's enough to trigger you I don't think SJWs are the issue.
>>
>>90615646
That's not the problem though.
>>
>>90615646
You should re-read my post because it doesn't say what you think it does. And in the SJW sense diversity doesn't mean "the mere notion of other races existing."
>>
>>90615703
Then what is the problem? because to me it seems like SJWs or whatever want other races to be represented in fiction (because they exist) and that upsets you because the notion of other Races existing in fiction is your trigger.

>>90615719
Oh right, silly me. I was using the literal definition and not the appropriate "anon's strawman" definition. I'll consider that next time.
>>
>>90615830
But anons waa the actual definition. I don't know what asshole you pulled your definition out of
>>
>>90615830
>because to me it seems like SJWs or whatever want other races to be represented in fiction (because they exist)
SJWs are fighting against white heterosexual men, and "diversity" is one of their weapons. It has nothing to do with real diversity.

>I was using the literal definition and not the appropriate "anon's strawman" definition.
It's not a strawman though.
>>
>>90615912
truth.
>>
>>90615912
>SJWs are fighting against white heterosexual men
>wanting other races/genders/orientations to be represented is an attack on me because I have a victim complex as deep as the grand canyon
This is actually sad.

>>90615876
noun: diversity

the state of being diverse; variety.
"there was considerable diversity in the style of the reports"
a range of different things.
plural noun: diversities
"newspapers were obliged to allow a diversity of views to be printed"

Oh hey looks like the literal definition is about different things (in this case race) existing and has nothing to do with SJWs or political correctness. So being mad at diversity is just being mad that other races exist. Would you look at that, Someone who unironically uses the word "SJW" is detached from reality. neat.
>>
>>90616498
>wanting other races/genders/orientations to be represented is an attack on me
Strawman.

>I have a victim complex as deep as the grand canyon
No, that would be SJWs. Who started this war, by the way.

>Would you look at that, Someone who unironically uses the word "SJW" is detached from reality. neat.
You people are still running this "SJWs don't really exist, guys!" propaganda campaign? This is some Baghdad Bob-tier shit.
>>
>>90583435
Looks like it's straight outta the bleach animu
>>
>>90616542
>Strawman.
No, that's literally what you're saying. You're saying diversity is a weapon to attack you. Which means the notion of other races existing wounds you so deeply you fear it as an attack on you and people like you. hich is genuinely sad

>No, that would be SJWs.
It's both of you, you're both different sides of the same easily offended sensitive coin.

>You people are still running this "SJWs don't really exist, guys!"
No, it's just that calling the far left "ess jay dubyas" is cringe-worthy as fuck. and the first sign of an easily offended far right fag like yourself.

>propaganda campaign?
See this. This is how far gone you are. different views are propaganda to you. as if someone comes to this cesspit to mind wash you or something. The evil SJWs out to silence the "red" pill amirite. So pathetic.
>>
>>90616758
>You're saying diversity is a weapon to attack you.
It is, just look at how critics gave Iron Fist an honest assessment while gushing over the terrible Jessica Jones.
>>
>>90616758
"Diversity," the scam that SJWs are pushing, is a weapon to attack white heterosexual men. It's blatantly obvious that you're intentionally trying to twist what I'm saying. As expected of SJWs.

>It's both of you, you're both different sides of the same easily offended sensitive coin.
There were no problems until SJWs started causing them. Sure, now a lot of people against SJWs are really sensitive and fly off the handle easily, but that's the fault of SJWs. You started this war.

>No, it's just that calling the far left "ess jay dubyas" is cringe-worthy as fuck.
There's nothing cringe about it, stop making shit up.

>and the first sign of an easily offended far right fag like yourself.
I never said I'm far right, and it sure is rich that you're accusing other people of being easily offended.

>See this. This is how far gone you are.
How am I "far gone" for pointing out that you're running an old SJW propaganda campaign? You've been doing this for ages now, trying to convince the opposition of your own non-existence so they'll stop resisting. It's a little too late now that the situation has escalated to riots and whatnot.

>The evil SJWs out to silence the "red" pill amirite.
You people have worked day and night to silence anyone who you even think might challenge you.
>>
>>90592272
Don't ever call me a "POC" again you racist shitbag. I'm an individual. I won't be lumped into a group with everyone who doesn't have white skin.
>>
Diversity isn't having a brown girl iron whatever if the character is still the pet project of written by Bendis. That's just Huffington Post staff photo style patting yourself on the back
>>
>>90581651
I didn't even watch the video and I already know it's full of inaccuracies, buzz words, a stupid "think of the children" undertone (when kids couldn't give less of a shit about identity politics), and their entire knowledge of comics comes from either movies or nu Marvel.

Someone tell me if I'm right.
>>
>>90581651
>WAAAAAH WHTEWASHING
>BLACKWASHING VALKYRIE AND DOMINO IS FINE THOUGH

what did the left mean by this?
>>
>>90616758
>Ess Jay Dubyas
Anyone that unironically uses this phrase is probably a sjw. It's almost as big of a red flag is the term "freeze peach".
t. Non-white leftist
>>
>>90591460
No, they're Japanese. Just with such a large Asian population in Japan most people see themselves that way.
>>
>>90617059
A little Asian girl goes to a comic book shop and all the characters are just white women. Sad! But then she spots Ghost in the Shell (a child friendly manga if there ever was one) and buys it. Many years later she sees a poster for the upcoming movie but walks away disappointed when she sees Motoko is played by a white woman.
>>
>>90616821
Those are called opinions champ. Everyone is entitled to one. Even if they hurt your fee fees it doesn't mean they're attacking you.

>>90616894
>"Diversity," the scam that SJWs are pushing, is a weapon to attack white heterosexual men.
There you go again with that deep victim complex. You can't even say how other races existing is an attack on you. You just say that it is over and over. That's how offended you are.

>As expected of SJWs
Sorry buddy, I'm not your boogeyman. I don't care about diversity. So when I see wimps like you crying about it or tumblr crying about the lack of it I call you both idiots like you are.

>There were no problems until SJWs started causing them.
Until they started offending you? cause that's the vibe I'm getting here. You didn't have a problem with diversity until the boogeyman started asking for it and writers began to oblige. and that wounds you, doesn't it. "How dare they pander to SJWs and not me"

>There's nothing cringe about it, stop making shit up.
It's almost as cringy as using tumblr as an adjective. It shows you're so childish you have to apply a moniker like SJWs to your opponent to easily dismiss them as your boogeyman because the notion of discussion is lost to you. Just like how your counterpart shouts bigot at literally everything that disagrees with them.

>I never said I'm far right, and it sure is rich that you're accusing other people of being easily offended.
You don't have to. It's pretty obvious what with the whole "different people existing offends me" bit you're doing. even if you're not far right you're still a tard

>How am I "far gone" for pointing out that you're running an old SJW propaganda campaign?
See. You're this far gone. SJW propaganda campaign? are you serious? Do you even know what propaganda is? You don't even realize the hypocrisy of crying about silencing opposition while trying to silence anyone who disagrees with you by dismissing them as SJWs.
>>
>>90582614
>>90582545

Implying japanese trash is good to begin with.

Their racism is just another layer of shit
>>
>>90617093
>It's almost as big of a red flag is the term "freeze peach"
Do people actually do that? it doesn't really work like ess jay dubya. But no my friend, I'm not your boogeyman. I use that phrase to mock people who use it unironically. I mean just watching someone pronounce it in public makes me cringe, so I wanted to replicate that feeling by having you read out ess jay dubya. Sounds like it works since you've started speaking in buzzwords.
>>
>>90617265
>There you go again with that deep victim complex.
There you go again with that projection. SJWs are the ones with the victim complex.

>You can't even say how other races existing is an attack on you.
It's absolutely pathetic how you keep trying to strawman me.

>Sorry buddy, I'm not your boogeyman.
You are, and could you at least drop the act that you don't exist?

>So when I see wimps like you crying about it or tumblr crying about the lack of it I call you both idiots like you are.
You started this. You are responsible.

>Until they started offending you?
Strawman. Again.

>It's almost as cringy as using tumblr as an adjective.
It is not. Stop making shit up.

>the notion of discussion is lost to you
You people have violently shut down attempts at discussion many, many times, and you routinely engage in censorship.

>You don't have to. It's pretty obvious what with the whole "different people existing offends me" bit you're doing. even if you're not far right you're still a tard
Strawman. Again.

>See. You're this far gone.
How am I "far gone" for pointing out that you're running an old SJW propaganda campaign?

>You don't even realize the hypocrisy of crying about silencing opposition while trying to silence anyone who disagrees with you by dismissing them as SJWs.
I have no ability to silence anyone.
>>
>>90617089

It means you're a racist /pol/ strawman sinking to hilariously deep levels
>>
>>90617160
Oh wow, a scripted scenario. Really makes you dick your noggin.

Like I said before, kids don't give a shit about that stuff. It's teens and young adults who try to make a big deal out of race.
>>
>>90617265
>Those are called opinions champ. Everyone is entitled to one.

Those weren't opinions. It was dumb asses who got upset that a white man was played by a white man.
>>
File: IMG_8548.jpg (246KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8548.jpg
246KB, 1080x1349px
I am a half-black guy and like dick and I don't need to superficially relate to comic book characters through cosmetic immutable traits like race or gender to feel good about myself.

That being said, it does slightly annoy me both when characters' races are arbitrarily changed or longstanding characters are usurped by minority legacies for diversity
>>
>>90617265
Jessica Jones has a 93% fresh rating, Iron Fist has 14%. The agenda is real.
>>
>>90617380
>There you go again with that projection. SJWs are the ones with the victim complex.
>I'm not the one with the victim complex they are

>*It's absolutely pathetic how you keep trying to strawman me. by pointing out what I literally said. making me the victim and you the aggressor

>You are, and could you at least drop the act that you don't exist?
>YOU'RE THE BOOGEYMAN NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME. I AM NOT OFFENDED.

>You started this. You are responsible.
>and by you I mean my boogeyman which I blame for everything. because I am the victim here

>Strawman. Again.
>I'm so oblivious to my own flaws that when you point them out I will accuse you of strawman because I am not offended!

>It is not. Stop making shit up.
>"I unironically use tumblr as an adjective" (kek)

>You people have violently shut down attempts at discussion many, many times, and you routinely engage in censorship.
>"You all do exactly what I'm trying to do so you're wrong and the aggressor while I'm the victim.

>Strawman. Again
>"I don't know what a strawman is but I know you're using it!"

>How am I "far gone" for pointing out that you're running an old SJW propaganda campaign?
>"I don't know what propaganda means but I know that everyone with a different opinion is using it. I'm not detached from reality, it's all the SJWs and their propoganda"

>I have no ability to silence anyone.
>"Closing my ears and dismissing everyone as SJWs and their opinions as propaganda isn't an attempt to silence because that would make me the agressor when I'm clearly the victim.

Dude, you're a joke.

>>90617466
>Those weren't opinions.
literally were. If some find the notion of a white man using and asian martial arts and other asian cultural shit as trite they're free to think that. they're wrong, the dumbfucks. but that's their opinion and has nothing to do with them attacking you because that opinion hurts your fee fees and has nothing to do with diversity. also IF is shit
>>
>>90617594
Iron Fist is shit and Jessica Jones isn't?
>>
>>90617763
Jessica Jones was a decent 2 hour movie pointlessly stretched out to 10 hours.
>>
>>90617718
>also IF is shit

I take it you've seen it?
>>
>>90617718
>I'm not the one with the victim complex they are
That's right.

>*It's absolutely pathetic how you keep trying to strawman me. by pointing out what I literally said. making me the victim and you the aggressor
In an ironic twist, this is a strawman too.

>YOU'RE THE BOOGEYMAN NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME. I AM NOT OFFENDED.
Strawman.

>and by you I mean my boogeyman which I blame for everything. because I am the victim here
You do exist, and you are the ones with the victim complex.

>I'm so oblivious to my own flaws that when you point them out I will accuse you of strawman because I am not offended!
Strawman.

>"I unironically use tumblr as an adjective" (kek)
I never said anything like that.

>"You all do exactly what I'm trying to do so you're wrong and the aggressor while I'm the victim.
I don't even understand what this is supposed to convey.

>"I don't know what a strawman is but I know you're using it!"
I know what it is and I know you're using it because you keep using it.

>"I don't know what propaganda means but I know that everyone with a different opinion is using it. I'm not detached from reality, it's all the SJWs and their propoganda"
Strawman.

>"Closing my ears and dismissing everyone as SJWs and their opinions as propaganda isn't an attempt to silence because that would make me the agressor when I'm clearly the victim.
You have gone as far as to riot, pull fire alarms, send bomb threats and disrupt speeches in order to silence people.

>Dude, you're a joke.
Projection.
>>
>>90617718
Jesus Christmas you SJWS are sad.
>>
>>90604813
>>90604956
>>90609753
>>90610143
Thanks, my point still stands that why the fuck will you look for Mangas in a Western Comic book shop. Fuck this kid and fuck that she beast that directed this.
>>
>>90583005
Are saying blacks, latinos and women don't read comics
>>
Only racists care about race to this degree. Also, kids don't really care of protags look like them or not. If you put a Spider-Man toy and a Miles Morales toy in front of a black kid, tell him that Miles is actually black, 9/10 they will go for the Peter toy.
>>
>>90617899
No, he's saying SJWs don't.
>>
>You too can be a good person.

This sounds awfully cult like to me.
>>
>>90617890
They sell mangos in my lcs...Atleast they did at one point
>>
>>90583435
Latino here, the only good latino characters are Jaime Reyes, Robbie, nu52 Vibe and Miguel
>>
File: reading from the script.gif (1MB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
reading from the script.gif
1MB, 500x255px
>>90581651
Goddamit, the problem with this casting is not that ScarJo is white, it's the fact that they hired ScarJo.
>>
File: heh.png (303KB, 430x363px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
303KB, 430x363px
>>90617805
That is a legitimate criticism. Couldn't really get into jessica jones myself, but I've heard good things about it so it must be good on some level.

>>90617813
No, but seeing as critics are panning it for way more things than just "white man in asian setting" which I think was only variety (which seriously read that shit. makes me cringe as much as this sensitive faggot. >>90617841

>>90617841
Speaking of that sensitive faggot. I can't be arsed to put in the effort for a real response because it seems you've broken down to the point that we're not even on the original subject anymore. You're just crying about strawmans and projection to claim the victim's seat. which is kinda hilarious. but also boring since you're just going to perpetually make yourself the victim and me the aggressor.

>>90617843
Lmao, not your boogeyman kid.Pretty sad that's the only way you can rationalize opposing views.
>>
They don't complain when a white comic book character becomes black on the big screen.
>>
>>90581651
>a WHITE MALE
DELTHIS
>>
>>90618134
You are the one who is sensitive and playing the victim, and I keep pointing out strawmen because you keep making them. You try to twist everything I say in the most obvious way possible.

You are the aggressor because you started this war.
>>
>>90618134
>I haven't seen it

>But I know it's shit.

Could've just said that from the start.

>for way more things than just "white man in asian setting"

Show me, because so far that's the only thing I see critics bitching about other than "action scenes are too slow", whatever that means.
>>
File: 1488865940860.gif (172KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488865940860.gif
172KB, 500x281px
>We will never, as a species, put aside every difference we have and go to fucking space
>Or better yet ascend to robotic forms and function as beings persuing abject perfection in all things
>Putting aside the human reactions and conditions that cause us to separate one another
>We will sit here screaming, "JEWS", "BLACKS", "WHITES", "ASIANS", "ARABS" and "FUCKIN AUSSIES"
>Till we all die in nuclear hellfire because of crazy fucking nationalistic pride
>even if one race did survive they would find a reason to murder each other still based on a minute difference in appearance
>I will never go to fuckin space because everyone's so fucking paranoid about the stupidest shit and refuses to acknowledge that not everything is "us vs them".

We need alien overlords to come smack our shit in so hard, fuck. We already missed the biological threshold where we could have manipulated ourselves to the point where physical appearance would not matter. Fucking fear mongers. Keeping us from a future free of genetic problems.

I'm mad about things, /co/.
>>
>>90603149
MY NEW HERO, THAT'S WHO!
>>
>>90617841
Jesus Christ dude, not the guy you're arguing with, but stop using 'strawman' to respond to everything if you're not gonna use it correctly. 'Strawman' isn't just a magic word that shuts down all arguments, it has a specific usage.

You're just making yourself look stupid.
>>
>>90618786
Maybe he should stop deploying strawmen.

>You're just making yourself look stupid.
I make myself look stupid by pointing out his use of strawmen? How?
>>
>>90618029
Can't argue with that taste, but what about Renee Montoya?
>>
>>90588192
>instilling racism in your niece
>>
>>90590513

Not overly concerned with racial quotas? Must be an Uncle Tom.
>>
File: Chinese fine dining.jpg (212KB, 480x297px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese fine dining.jpg
212KB, 480x297px
>>90594265
Finger licking good pachinko
>>
>>90595706
That's the Unabomber Manifesto.
>>
File: pressed-dog-market.jpg (72KB, 545x415px) Image search: [Google]
pressed-dog-market.jpg
72KB, 545x415px
>>90620864
Always look for the head and feet intact so that you know you are getting a quality farm raised organic eating dog.
>>
>>90581651
>13 people
>maybe 4 of them are white

American comics.
>>
>>90581651
sounds interesting
>>
>>90617347
I know what you're doing and it's a common thing among SJWs. Which I'm pretty sure you are buddy.
>>
>>90621037
Strange is the onnly white one.
>>
>>90623843
Strange is the only white male, but there are other white characters there.
>>
>>90581651
>complaining about a good business decision with scar jo
>then pans to the great wall with matt damon who's a european guy in china

jesus fuck I lean left but i fucking hate sjw babies
>>
>>90583662
It's a white/Jewish "liberal" thing, mentally healthy white people actually don't like being erased from their own culture with the excuse a director or artist "wants a fresh take," we're not stale bread you can just toss out.
>>
>>90585957
Virtually all heroes IN THE WEST. If we were living in Africa I could understand your bleating, but you seem to think white people should stop basing their own art on their own culture just because you're too fucking stupid or entitled to support the art coming from non white cultures or from non white artists living within our cultures. You're just a racist, I don't care what buzzwords you spew up to justify it.
>>
Jesus Christ. No wonder they call this place /co/mblr. It's frustrating as hell that you can't point out the phoniness of companies pushing "diversity" to make a quick buck or the obvious racism just because it's directed at whites or it's non whites vs Non whites. Not to mention that race swapping whites is the only thing that's okay.

Apparently if you have a problem with any of the above, then you must be /pol/. Because "SJWs don't exist". I guess all those morons causing problems a Berkely UC are unicorns then?!
>>
>>90624287
>race swapping whites is the only thing that's okay.
Not only is racebending white characters okay, not racebending white characters is bad and racist.

This is the new narrative that people (i.e., retrogrades drunk on identity politics) are trying to force us into accepting.
>>
>>90581651
Diversity celebration is just a beard for shit comics at this point.
"This comic sucked" + "no you're a racist or whatever"= good reviews, and positive buzz. Everybody gets played by the money, every time.
>>
>>90582614
Cant tell if this is bait or just a regular tumblria on /co/
>>
Ghost in the Shell brings a great role model to Asian little girls.
Especially all those lesbian orgies.
>>
>>90618134
All these alt-right nazi faggots all spawned as a response to the regressive left faggots. You people don't care about social justice or diversity, just using that as a mask to hide the fact you're a bully who only wants to feel better about themselves by attacking some arbitrary enemy, cis straight white men.

As a Asian, this PSA is one of the most disgusting offensive things I've ever seen.
>>
>>90581651
why is she wearing armor from Fallout?
>>
>>90581651
>complaining that most characters in the media of a country founded by white people and having white as its largest ethnicity group are white

Thats like complaining most anime characters are asian or most stars in bollywood movies are indian.
>>
>>90589349
why do so many casuals think X23 is asian
>>
>>90582918
I'm a black Muslim, and I'm not gonna lie, seeing characters that looked like me as a kid (specifically, that episode of The Proud Family where Penny visits the Muslim family) had me absolutely ecstatic.

That being said, while I can appreciate representation, I value well written characters above all else. A character that is a minority means nothing if they, you know, don't have a character.

I do think that "forced representation" is an issue as well. Companies like Marvel are simply trying to cash into what they view as a profitable market, the shitloads of so-called progressives patting them on the back for a job well done. It's the same logic behind the whole MTV's "Dear White Guys" fiasco. They don't really care about what's being said, they want to make money
>>
>>90581651
Why is Strange there?
>>
white people control medai

it's something any minorirty needs to understand
>>
>>90638674
Most minorites are doomed in terms of getting fair representations.

You are either white or you are eating shit.
>>
>>90641261
As a East Asian that makes up something like 3% of the total US population, we're actually over-represented when it comes to comics and movies.

Just wish my bretherens would see this fact and stop whining about 'whitewashing' like blacks do. It's quite embarassing.
>>
>>90642667
You do not understand what fair representation means.
>>
>>90644421
I understand that it means something to you which it doesn't mean to me, sure.

So enlighten me, what does it mean to you?
>>
File: polacks.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
polacks.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>90591285

/pol/ is a board of peace.
>>
>>90645354
You think Jesus ever visits /co/?
>>
>>90589370
>If you disagree with me you're an Uncle Tom
>All minorities have to feel the same way on issues or they're just wannabee whiteys
Fuck yourself racist.
>>
What I really, really don't understand is why we keep up this pretense that it;'s the minorities themselves doing the bulk of the complaining. Eighty percent of the time you see these big calls for more diversity or complaints about white washing or how something offensive as hell, the speaker is an upper/middle class white women.
>>
>>90599932
>tfw you wanted to be the black ranger when playing power rangers at school
>neither black or asian
Man I just like the color black
>>
File: yellow.png (270KB, 776x636px) Image search: [Google]
yellow.png
270KB, 776x636px
>>90589281
[WHEEZES]
>>
>>90589281
Not particularly, no. It's mostly virtue signaling white "progressives." The type that kiss up to niggas on Twitter by tweeting "haha white people amirite?" every chance they get.
>>
>>90646291
It's the people that get offended on behalf of others that I can't stand.

Maybe I'm a paranoid fuck, but I always feel suspicious of their motives.
>>
>>90583520
He's a cripple. Busted hands. Daredevil has been in some of their diversity shit too, I assume because he's also disabled.
>>
File: 1337410-x23_civies.jpg (51KB, 422x489px) Image search: [Google]
1337410-x23_civies.jpg
51KB, 422x489px
>>90634130
Because comic art is typically shit so Asians and whites are nigh indistinguisable with certain artists. So you have a tiny dark haired woman with quasi-Ninja skills who's essentially the daughter of the biggest case of yellow fever in all of comics. So the ignorant just assume she's a Hapa, I guess.
>>
>>90647506
I wanna pinch those fat little cheeks until she cries
>>
Keep niggers out of my comics.

This SJW garbage is why people read more manga than ever these days.
>>
>>90647506
Sarah Kinney didn't exactly do any favors in looking like a white woman either.
>>
>>90589370
>Someone tries to state that they're of a group but don't agree with the "correct" ideology
>"You're not one of us."

So I can say you're not an American because you don't agree with the conservative right?
>>
>>90591356
"White" people were the ones being enslaved and invaded by Romans, tinydick.

>"But the Romans were white!"

lul
>>
Heres your redpill. The race changing we see from Marvel is just a part of global corporations trying to expand their universe of possible customers. In a nationalist economy it makes sense to present idealized white characters as the norm for the US, Canada, Europe and Australia but in a globalist economy white customers are the minority. Whites will never dominate our entertainment and advertising again, unless society shows with their spending that we support a hard return to nationalism. Globalism is white people giving away marketing an other advantages to the global majority of people of color. thats fine under a one world system but otherwise makes white consumers stupid for supporting it. they, the ad companies and the marketing people and the creators have convinced us that we have to give up what we have so others can have more. By supporting Marvel, and anyone else that says we have to give up market representation shows we do not understand the value we still have to their bottom lines. Refuse to spend your money on these books and movies and we can possibly slow down this change. But as long as one world thinking applies we will never return to a white-centic market. Characters will either be changed to meet certain identity politics goals or to reflect race neutral aspects of men and women...I call it the International Prototype Person...which is a person of color with the most widespread aesthetic appeal. Not too ethnic but not white...like Roman Reigns or the new Aquaman film...Its not an anti-white strategy, thats just the side effect. its a global growth strategy an global-capitalism is to blame.
>>
Ghost in the Shell is not a manga for children
>>
>>90591356
Well, white people dont chop up albinos. at least we dont do that and if you believe the out-of-africa theory that means blacks were the first racists because they chopped up and chase off albinos leading to all the racial animosities of today.
>>
>>90581651
Where are the asians?
Where are the South Americans?
Where are the Central Asians?

All I see is fucking niggers, whites, and muslims.
>>
>>90589370
What's up tumblr
>>
>>90649333

They are just pandering to SJWs because not pandering gives you bad press.
If you talk back to SJW degenerates they just call you a racist and all their bought media starts attacking you.

Jews. Destroying the western society.
>>
>>90592387
THIS was a true statement. North America is being destroyed by women in creative, and political and religious roles. And gay writers ruined women with Sex In The City a show wriiten by gay men about women acting like gay men and now women act like gay men.
>>
>>90591636
You don't watch anime.

White people in anime always have huge Schnozes.
>>
File: china hates blacks.jpg (137KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
china hates blacks.jpg
137KB, 780x438px
>>90649333
Wrong. Everyone in the world likes white people. And nearly every hates blacks. Even blacks don't like blacks.

The reason for the darkening is WHITE GUILT
>>
>>90592696
They would call him Shuan King.
>>
>>90650740
Superhero name

Talcum X
>>
>>90650734

To add to that, lighter skin is generally favorable amongst ALL races. Even the darker skin races. Seems that this is a thing that's been happening for many many centuries, before the white man came into the picture.

Also, whoever came up with "LOTR is racist because Orcs are black hur durr" is a fool, because even the darker skin races uses "light vs Dark" for their mythologies.
Thread posts: 419
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.