[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help guys! I was never a fan of comics, i've only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Anões.jpg (51KB, 360x514px)
Anões.jpg
51KB, 360x514px
Need help guys!

I was never a fan of comics, i've only finished Sandman(wich is really fucking awesome) and some indie shit that i dont remember the name, but then the other day i stumbled into this marvelous mother fucker, and i've simply loved it, read all the issues and then "Elves" from the same universe, and i desperately need more.

Gotta admit, it was the first time google has let me down, searched for hours and didn't find something like that.

What im looking for exactly is this level of art (graphics? im not an expert), and the medieval fantasy setting (dwarves, elves, orcs, the whole pack)

I even asked this to two friends of mine who love comics, but to no avail. Help me out bros, please!
>>
>>90577693
Only thing I can do is recommend you Sandman's spin-off, Lucifer. It's better than Sandman and has more of those traditional fantasy adventures in it with big battles and sieges and shit.
>>
There is a lot of coimis with Drizzt which is Dungeons & Dragons have you looked into those?
>>
Definitely check out Fell's Five. A d&d inspired comic that ended too soon. The art is not as modern or 'rough' as in your example, but it works quite well.
>>
Read the others comics of the artists.
>>
>>90577693
Well OP, post a link to that dwarf comic.
>>
File: Hinsides Stenen.jpg (842KB, 1200x1379px)
Hinsides Stenen.jpg
842KB, 1200x1379px
Voorbij de steen - Beyond the Stone, by Ken Broeders.

It's a story about a dwarven kingdom, isolated from the world for centuries by a never-ending siege by wicked dwarf-eating orc-like creatures. Realizing they will eventually fall without help, a small group of dwarves are sent out to attempt to make contact with anyone who may be in a position to help, and in doing to travel beyond the great stone, the marker that signifies the borders of the dwarven lands and the furthest any dwarf has gone in many hundreds of years.
>>
>>90577693
Always an easy recommendation to say the 00s short lived D&D comic.
>>
>>90577693
Do you like crazy hedonistic, decadent fantasy? If so, check out some of Jordoworsky's work, it's really crazy and vile but extremely enjoyable.

Or if you want a fantasy in hell, check out Requiem. If you like Warhammer 40k you will love it.

As for something coming out right now there is Monstress and Autumnlands.
>>
File: 5435842-01.jpg (128KB, 457x640px)
5435842-01.jpg
128KB, 457x640px
>>90577693
Looking up the writer for this, it looks like he writes a bunch of stuff I wanna assume is all part of same universe.
>>
>>90577693
You can try Lanfeust of Troy, La Quête de l'oiseau du temps/The Quest for the Time-Bird or the Black Moon Chronicles.
There is also Okko, but it's based on japanese folklore.
>>
>>90583041
That the Trolls of Troy series? Cause I've read some of that and nothing else of it.
How is the rest?
>>
>>90583230
It is not the greatest thing, but is fun to read. It is basically "you're the hungry monsters who has to deal with all thos pesky adventurers".
>>
>>90577693
>literally generic French fantasy comic by the generic french fantasy comic company

Learn French, American or German.

>>90582679
Is pretty decent. Never got around to actually translating it though.
>>
>>90582679
This man! This!
I own the first 3 and thought about scanlating them but I got too much work on my plate to do it so don't expect anything.
That reminds me, I never came around reading the 4th tome, was it actually finished?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.