[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when is Marvel going to bust out the power of a million exploding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Sentry.jpg (225KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
Sentry.jpg
225KB, 694x694px
So when is Marvel going to bust out the power of a million exploding suns on the MCU?
>>
File: 1488283857944.png (310KB, 608x1136px)
1488283857944.png
310KB, 608x1136px
>>90563860
March 8 2019. Yaas, Queen!
>>
>>90563860
No one likes sentry.
>>
>>90563860
Likely never.

Sentry's whole backstory wouldn't fit the MCU and 'the crazy guy who murders as many people as he saves' likely wouldn't reach the mainstream audience the MCU goes for.
>>
They should do a single Sentry film where he isn't sure if he has powers or if he's ever met any other super heroes.

Maybe it's just all in his head.
>>
File: IMG_1148.jpg (106KB, 500x499px)
IMG_1148.jpg
106KB, 500x499px
>>90563984
You're wrong, I do.
>>
>>90563984
The Hulk likes him.
>>
>>90563984
All of his mini series are fucking great for different reasons and he was pretty cool in Uncanny Avengers.

I'll concede the character was a walking and barely talking plot device under Bendis but
>Bendis
>>
>>90564011
Realistically that's how they'd HAVE to do a good sentry movie.

No idea what's real or not.
>>
>>90563984
He might have had some good stories and the agoraphobia angle was interesting, but he's essentially what superman haters think superman is. Worse, he's a superman retroactively introduced into continuity. That's a fucking terrible idea.
>>
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once upon the sky.
>>
>>90563905
>in dr strange the mention an schizo major with a chip implanted on their head
>sentry is a schizo
>they end up combining both characters to make Carol have maximum power and make her the focal point of phase 4
>"in the end Carol Danvers' worst enemy was herself"
>>
>>90564167
Dc did that before with trupimph.

It failed.

Just another schollcky gimmick character.
>>
>>90564167
>What superman is
A fucked up man who has mental problems and it's hard to say he is a hero because he wants to help others, due to his own hubris, simply because he can or even because he is addicted to the idea of being a hero?

That's not something I've seen people talk about Supes.

Sentry being a retconnected character was fucking great on the first mini, so of course Baldy himself had to use it on the most boring manner possible when it was his turn with the character. The Sentry's funeral was kinda shit too and it was written by Jenkins but at that point, the concept was already ravaged past the point of no return.
>>
>>90564167
>he's essentially what superman haters think superman is.
Superman haters think Superman is perfect. Sentry is as damaged as you can get. He's everything world governments fear in an individual with superpowers. And he was part of the fucking Avengers. Quality writing.
>>
>>90564241
I could live with them combining Carol and The Sentry, the madness was the interesting part of the character. Not the alter ego.
>>
Since MCU is supposed to be quasi-realistic how would they explain his powers? Celestial meddling is what I'd guess.
>>
Never. Sentry is only mine. Movie sucks, you sucks. Go fuck yourself and leave my Sentry, casual.
>>
>>90564335
>Explaning Sentry
I will only accept it if it's contradicted every time they revisit the idea.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T87CsrAigmI

All they have to do is embrace the weirdness of the character and it will be a hit. It can be done,
>>
>>90564335
>Since MCU is supposed to be quasi-realistic
Since Guardians they've been incorporating more fantastical elements into the movies. If they can eat a talking Raccoon, multiverse and channeling energy from other dimensions to make magic they can eat the Sentry.
>>
>>90564450
that's why I said they'd get cosmic involved. I mean they don't normal humans making god serums and shit. only if they make some severely underpowered.
>>
Make it found footage, Bob's been recommended to start keeping a video diary by his therapist to help him cope with the issues he's having, it goes from him documenting his daily life to realising who he is, visiting other heroes, realising the Void is coming back, and sacrificing himself to stop it.
When Infinite War wraps up and Marvel release the giant box set of every movie, take the Sentry footage, split it up as easter egg's across every disc and don't mention anything about it.

They'd never do it, but that's how I'd want Sentry included in the MCU
>>
>>90564009
What if they did Dark Reign?
>>
>>90563860
Hopefully fucking never.

How shit is your taste that you want a Sentry movie?
>>
>>90565058
With who? General Ross? Maybe they can introduce Osborn in Homecoming, but it'd feel rushed as fuck.
>>
>>90564011
>They should do a single Sentry film where he isn't sure if he has powers or if he's ever met any other super heroes.

Fox already did that in a tv show. Its called "Legion".
>>
>>90565118
And it's shit.
>>
>>90565117
I was thinking later down the line if they've managed to cape-movies going that long.

They've finally got another well-recognised villain, they've got to use him right?
>>
>>90565140
>a Sentry fan calls other things shit

kek
>>
>>90565173
I just hope they don't Ultron'd him after one movie.
>>
>>90565140
Bitch what?
>>
>>90565214
>sentry fan
You got the wrong, dude. I hate Sentry with a rage of a million exploding suns.

>lolimtheonlyonewhocouldfuckrogue
He was bullshit.

>>90565225
Agents of Shield tier.
>>
>>90565249
>Agents of Shield tier.

So pretty fucking good?
>>
File: AHAHAHAHA FAGGOT.jpg (10KB, 425x309px)
AHAHAHAHA FAGGOT.jpg
10KB, 425x309px
>>90565277
Sorry, anon, I didn't realize I was replying to someone with severe mental damage.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.