[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people bitch about Hydra Cap if they love the bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 26

File: InjusticeSupes_vs_HydraCap.png (2MB, 1760x1031px) Image search: [Google]
InjusticeSupes_vs_HydraCap.png
2MB, 1760x1031px
Why do people bitch about Hydra Cap if they love the bullshit they did with Superman on Injustice?

If anything, at least Hydra Cap is a well written story.
>>
>>90563311
Injustice is not canon.
>>
1. who bitches about hydra cap.

2. injustice isn't canon and embraces 200% retardation.
>>
>>90563338
It doesn't matter, what matters is that people is cool with the idea.
>>
>>90563311
Because Injustice was an alternate universe.
>>
>>90563362
>1. who bitches about hydra cap.

Everyone who isn't /co/. You know there's an entire world outside this meme loving board.
>>
>>90563311
Shit like this happens all the time
The only people who whine about the concept and not the execution are normies.

"not muh cap. I don't read comics but I saw the Avengers and not muh cap"
>>
>>90563367
Speak for yourself, I've always hated Injustice, especially when that hack Taylor wrote that issue whining about people making Superman darker WHILE WRITING THE STORY IN WHICH SUPERMAN BECOMES A MURDEROUS DICTATOR HELLO
>>
>>90563362
>1. who bitches about hydra cap.
Moviefags on twitter and tumblr who think Hydra = Nazi because of Cap 1 and see it as anti-Semitic because Captain America was created by a pair of jews. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>90563367
People like "What if" stories about Superman because it basically asks the question "What would the world be like if the Ubermensch had a different philosophy?"
>>
>>90563311
Bait, but in the first game the canon versions show up to try to fix the Regime universe so they don't even try to make you think Injustice is official
>>
>>90563311
Because no one cares about DC

I mean just look at their "movies"
>>
Tom Taylor >>>>>>>>> Nick Spencer

This is not an opinion.
>>
Because DC is clever enough to put any risky idea in alternative universes, while Marvel as the House of Retarded Ideas, they make every stupid crap, main canon.
>>
>>90563311

Because Injustice is an elseworld. If they did this to Superman in main canon people would be more pissed off about it than they are with Captain America
>>
>>90563430
No one cares about Award Winning kinos? This is new.
>>
>>90563367
honest answer is that Cap is well liked by a generation of people because Marvel nailed him as a compassionate and caring man (even harder than the comics do in a lot of cases)

people don't view superman as anything outside of his powerset. people just care about the moral fiber of the man in the costume more in the case of Cap because DC hasn't portrayed superman well on film.
>>
>>90563431
Taylor is doing Injustice 2 right? Please?
>>
>>90563367
>It doesn't matter

It does though
>>
>>90563480
yes
>>
File: superman-4-1987-05-g.jpg (129KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
superman-4-1987-05-g.jpg
129KB, 684x1000px
>>90563469
>because DC hasn't portrayed superman well on film.

Ok buddy
>>
>>90563311
>Why do people bitch about Hydra Cap

They are moviefaggots that believe hydra is nazi, and marvel also forgot about the same

>if they love the bullshit they did with Superman on Injustice?

It's a videogame that shows other universe

Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>90563469
Only Americans give a shit about Cap, a symbol of nationalism. Superman on the other hand is a global hero, the champion of planet Earth.
>>
Elseworlds story.
>>
>>90563367
It actually does matter. People are cool with any dumb idea as long as it's an Elseworlds.
>>
>>90563462
>No one cares about Award* Winning* kinos? This is new.

Name the Academy Award winner for best picture of the last 5 Years without googling it.

That's right you can't, you retarded American
>>
>>90563311
You know it's funny.

Even when he's 'zomg so evil!1', Injustice Superman is right 90% of the time and is a thousand times more heroic than Injustice Batman,

That's how shittily written Injustice is.
>>
>>90563518
Sorry, I should have said in recent years. There's a reason adults love Reeves Supes and kids think he's lame.
>>
>>90563526
Not true.

Captain America is the beacon of hope kind of idealistic hero for people outside the US aswell.
>>
>>90563469
>people don't view superman as anything outside of his powerset. people just care about the moral fiber of the man in the costume more in the case of Cap

What a load of crap. The biggest complaint with MoS was a case of "not muh" because Superman wasn't like the Donner version. If people only cared about the powers MoS would have been a great showcase
>>
>>90563545
It's the underwear.
>>
>>90563410
>who think Hydra = Nazi because of Cap 1
But the Red Skull literally says the Nazis are shit and HYDRA doesn't want anything to do with them in Cap 1.

Are they retarded?
>>
>>90563569
>The biggest complaint with MoS was a case of "not muh" because Superman wasn't like the Donner version.

Man Of Steel made a lot of money and a lot of people liked it. Comicfags bitched.
>>
>>90563556
Out of America no one gives a fuck about Cap. Superman on the other hand is the global icon of superhero. If you ask anyone not American, about the superheroes the answers that you will get is Superman, Batman and Spiderman.
>>
>>90563469
>honest answer is that Cap is well liked by a generation of people because Marvel nailed him as a compassionate and caring man

What are you talking about? He is a total cunt in the last movie, Cap was popular thanks to fun movies, once the movies are over people will forget about him again.
>>
>>90563539
"The dictator has a point" is what Marvel has been trying to do with Doom since the 90's and they never got it right.

If anything, "Injustice" is better written than Doom since the 90's.
>>
>>90563591

Yes they're retarded. Anon people don't really pay attention to the films they watch. Most people still think Star ars storm troopers are shit shots even though Leia says they were allowed to escape and that it's later confirmed by Tarkin
>>
>>90563311
Main cap goes bad.

If it was a what if, who cares.
>>
>>90563621
>Out of America no one gives a fuck about Cap.
>i literally live outside of burgerville
>the time i went to see CW most people were talking how they can't wait to see Cap beat the shit out of Iron Man
Not to mention Marvel is a lot more mainstream nowadays thanks to the movies. So, you're factually incorrect.
>>
>>90563647

His history was changed with a cosmic cube. He's just going to revert back. Who cares?
>>
>>90563637
It's not just that. It's the simple fact that things got so bad because Batman insisted on poking Superman with a stick until he had to escalate shit.
>>
File: received_991827174286717.jpg (26KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
received_991827174286717.jpg
26KB, 638x425px
>>90563530
Not even american, but nice crying bro
>>
>>90563556
>Captain America is the beacon of hope kind of idealistic hero for people outside the US aswell.

Now i know, you are the retarded faggot that masturbates to evans

>>90563621
Don't waste your time, is one particular fanboy, one guy so irrational that got into a fight with the spidey faggots and said Steve is smarter than peter. He is fairly crazy.
>>
>>90563311
But people did bitch about Injustice Superman.
Injustice is nothing but hack storytelling, bloated amd contrived.
>>
>moviefags complain about HYDRA because Nazis
That really makes no sense. HYDRA aren't Nazis in the MCU.
>>
>>90563684
So Batman was not being reasonable? Even better.

Taylor is a master.
>>
>>90563684
This is a simple, dumb story that makes sense on itself even if from the outside is stupid, no one cares about injustice, not even injustice fans. It's either fun for you or you just plain ignore it.
>>
>>90563676
Marvel may be more mainstream the last few years. Superman is a global icon for almost a century. Supes is part of the childhood of millions of people and of at least 3 generations around the globe, becoming the synonim of superhero. It can't be any comparison between them.
>>
>>90563526
Im british and I still like Cap over the other avengers
>>
File: Batman's Force Ray.jpg (54KB, 420x624px) Image search: [Google]
Batman's Force Ray.jpg
54KB, 420x624px
>>90563735
Injustice is basically one domino falling after another and snowballing out of control. Tweak a few basic elements and voila

>>90563684
>Batman insisted on poking Superman with a stick
reminds me of pic related
>>
>>90563683
His fans do.

He still murdered and tried to take over the world.
>>
>>90563761
>no one cares about injustice

"Injustice" trades sell better than any Captain America book. If nobody cares about Injustice, then the same can be said about Cap's books.
>>
>>90563556
As someone from NotMurrica, Cap looks like a fucking clown. Imagine a Captain Moldova dressed up in his country's flag; that's what Cap looks like to the rest of us.
>>
>>90563774
I didn't claim Cap was far more popular than Supes, but that he's now well known by the mainstream community thanks to exposure by movies, but anyway, I'll take you conceded the argument since you didn't make an effort to debunk the main point.
>>
>>90563732
they were founded by a nazi extremist who felt that the nazi extremist group he was a part of was neither nazi nor extremist enough and he could do better
>>
>>90563311
>Left
Elseworlds
>Right
616 cosmic cube bullshit

Hydra Cap is a cool story that will bring on a shitty status quo. It's the Anti-Civil War.
>>
>>90563786
In comparison with the other Avengers perhaps. But in comparison with Superman, Cap is not this kind of global icon. Ask any child or any person, American or not, and can tell you who Superman is, his origin story, Krypton, Lois etc. You can't say the same with Steve.
>>
>>90563907
They weren't, HYDRA is an ancient organization in the MCU.
>>
>>90563591
>Are they retarded?
Yes. Obviously.
>>
>>90563431
>This is not an opinion.
You're right, it's a lie.
>>
>>90563852

>His fans do.
>Captain America
>Comic fans

I'm sure all 12 of them are furious
>>
>>90563952
>Ask any child or any person, American or not, and can tell you who Superman is, his origin story, Krypton, Lois etc. You can't say the same with Steve.
Bold claim, DCfriend. In this particular day and age you might be surprised if you tried this.
>>
>>90563996

Nah, sorry Nick
>>
>>90563688
not an argument, kiddo

Your buttmad is showing
>>
>>90563761
>no one cares about injustice

>Injustice has 8 trades among the Top 750 of 2016.
>Captain America has literally none.

Also.

>Tom Taylor has 8 trades among the Top 750 (which put him in the Top 15 comic creators).
>Nick Spencer has literally none.

The numbers have spoken.
>>
>>90563960
ancient hydra and modern hydra have only a few flimsy connections, they're in every meaningful way two different groups

that's like saying every single group to call themselves the illuminati was part of the same unbroken tradition, or that modern christians are part of the same religion that the tribe of abraham was. patently false in every meaningful way.
>>
>>90563526

Yeah, I'm not American either and I love Cap. He's my second fave Avenger after Hulk.
>>
>>90563367
If it didn't matter people wouldn't bring up the character philosophy changes in the DCU.
>>
>>90564010

I don't think a kid could tell you either. The MCU seems a lot more popular with late teens and 20 somethings. Kids are watching Zootopia and other shit like that
>>
>>90564010
I doubt that if they even know the name Steve Rogers. While almost everyone knows who Clark Kent is.
>>
>>90563311
1. Injustice is not in main continuity. Hydra Cap is.
2. Injustice Supes goes evil after he suffers a mental breakdown after Joker tricking him into killing his wife, unborn child, and city.
3. Cap goes Nazi after "LOL, we decided it would be shocking so we had a cosmic cube do it."
>>
>>90564085
He is not even your favorite Avenger.
>>
>>90563367
It absolutely matters, Nick. If DC did what you did in canon, I'd lose my shit. They're just smart enough to know not to, even during the heydey of DC making stupid fucking ideas when the first Inustice was released.
>>
>>90564097
He said any child or any person, though.

>>90564100
Considering they call themselves by their "real names" in movies more often than their superhero names I still say a fair share of people would recognize him by his civilian name.
>>
>>90563998
Nah he has fans. Theyre just wanting to revert backwards to the 80s.
>>
>>90563952

Captain America's story is pretty well known.

>Skinny kid volunteers to join the war effort against the Nazis
>Gets given some shit which makes him a superhero
>Frozen in ice and awoken in the modern age

His background is basically as basic as Superman's. Both are Golden Age characters. They've been around for quite some time.
>>
>>90563311
>at least Hydra Cap is a well written story.

>Deus Ex Machina changes his past just because.
>well written
lel
>>
>>90563311
Superman was right thou.
>>
>>90564056
I'm saying that no one cares, injustice is popular and fun, no one gets mad when something stupid happens, no one will get offended, remember dick's dead? or harley is an independent womyn that put a bomb? that's all the controversy you caan get from that.

And yes, even less people care about captain america, over one billion in ticket sales and normies still can't name one single villian and don't remember the bad guy from the first movie, they call winter soldier "bucky".
>>
>>90563311
>double line jumper
>obsessed with brand wars
you are as much of a cancer there than on /v/, fanatic sack of shit
>>
>>90564210
Again in US perhaps. Outside if you bring a comic picture of Clark and Steve, there is no way that they will not recognize this guy with the glasses, over some random blonde guy.
>>
>>90564235
>they call winter soldier "bucky".
You're talking about normies, barely anyone in the movies calls him the "Winter Soldier", it's always "barnes" or "bucky" so it sticks.

Though I agree for all the cash Marvel is making with the movies their heroes aren't universally recognized yet.
>>
>>90563311
-The main sale was the Injustice game which was about real Superman and his friends fighting regime Superman and his army. So unless you legit have brain problems you'd know that Injustice regime Superman is not the real Superman.
-Injustice comic isn't canon with the main comics
-Man of Steel and BvS had substandard reaction from general public
-Captain America films had generally good reception from the general public, or at least Avengers 1, Captain America 2 and 3.
-DC didn't really promote the Injustice comic the way Marvel promoted the Hydra Cap reveal. What would the point be? Injustice is still an alt universe.
-Because Marvel promoted it through media channels the Hydra Cap thing got everyone's attention.
-Did you notice most of the people complaining about Hydra Cap bring up the Hydra Cap = Nazi comparison? That's how you know most of the knowledge of the complainers comes from the movies. Or few people wanted to read Hickman's SHIELD stuff.
>>
>>90564288
>buff blond guy in a comic
The first normie response would undoubtedly be Captain America or if they actually don't recognize who that character is their first thought would be Captain America. No one is going to fucking say Aquaman or Hawkeye.
>>
>>90564210
Cap is well known as a propaganda vehicle
Supes is well known as a superhero
>>
>>90564219
>Deus Ex Cubum
Fixed.
>>
File: 1359844010046.png (462KB, 614x463px) Image search: [Google]
1359844010046.png
462KB, 614x463px
>mfw Hydra Cap completely stole the spotlight from Rebirth
>>
>>90563684

>Batman pokes superman with a stick, causing Superman to escalate

I think Injustice is dumb as shit, but this is pretty much every crossover with those two. Seriously, Batman's a real fucking asshole to Superman. He's more likely to kill Clark for something really arbitrary, than to kill Joker for raping the entire batfamily with cacti.

Also, it's because the whole thing still hasn't been properly explained. Could captain be convinced to change sides? Sure. But you best be quick on explaining why, because if you stick with side character backstory for too long, people are just going to get tired of that shit.
>>
>>90564299
>You're talking about normies

And there's 100 normies for every casual and 100 casual for every real comic fan. Cultural impact is reflected outside the target audience. And the MCU, just like AVATAR lacks cultural impact. Why? It's too soon to say.
>>
File: smug.jpg (36KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
36KB, 680x453px
>>90564418
>mfw Hydra Cap sells worse than Humphries' Green Lanterns.
>>
>>90564375
10 bucks that if you bring a comic book picture of him as Steve Rogers, outside of US, the 50% will not have any idea who he is.
>>
>>90564459
>And the MCU, just like AVATAR lacks cultural impact.
But that's not true. Everybody knows who the Avengers, Iron Man, Loki and the Guardians of the Galaxy are, no one remembers Avatar.
>>
>>90564210
Not really, sure call it simple. but it's not comparable. Superman origin is an archetype, steve is generic. Batman is the only one that compares to superman when it comes to origin story relevance.

How many parodies and references to superman origin can you find in movies and comics? Kids can now the origin of superman even if they have never seen a superman cartoon
>>
>>90564459
I don't think you've been outside for a long time
>>
Does Cap Hydra have something as funny as this?

No? Then there's the difference
>>
>>90564477
You're on.

I'll try it next Saturday, deal?
>>
File: 20161025_025250.jpg (93KB, 290x268px) Image search: [Google]
20161025_025250.jpg
93KB, 290x268px
>>90564418
>mfw Rebirth is still topping the charts every month and Cap has been completely forgotten
>>
>>90564524
>Everybody knows who the Avengers

They dont. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the MCU has had zero impact outside one or two jokes on Family Guy.
>>
>>90564569
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>90563526
People love cap in my country.
>>
>>90564596
He's right though. The MCU as a whole has done absolutely nothing groundbreaking aside from linking movies together. And they can't even do that right.
>>
>>90564604
Country?
>>
>>90564604
They don't, but captain america was a popular movie in your country.
>>
>>90564631
Sameperson, pls. At least try to keep the current discussion ongoing.
>>
>>90563311
>evil superman
>evil flag guy
Which is scarier? Exactly.
>>
>>90564604
Depends from the country.

In my country, Power Rangers are more popular than Captain America.
>>
>>90564631
>He's right though.

Defending your own post isn't fooling anyone
>>
>>90564681
Country?
>>
>>90564666
>>90564687
Nice shill tears, bro.

>>90564681
Ninjago in mine.
>>
>>90564666
>this denial
>this deflection
As expected from a marveldrone.
>>
>>90564569
Of course it has an impact.

Who the fuck knew who was Tony Stark ten years ago? Or Star-Lord? Or Groot? Or Bucky Barnes?

You can't compare them with Superman/Batman, you have to compare them with themselves ten years ago.
>>
>>90564716
>>90564718
>ad hominem
>proxy
>buzzwords
You could've tried a little bit harder instead of outing yourself right away, my dude.
>>
>>90564728
>Tony Stark ten years ago? Or Star-Lord? Or Groot? Or Bucky Barnes?
Who?
>>
>>90564681
This is true for NZ, Australia, Latinamerica. I have no idea about Europe tho.

>>90564666
Not the same poster.

Go to Omegle. and ask for the name of 3 Cap villians, then do the same for superman
>>
File: Marfeels.jpg (86KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
Marfeels.jpg
86KB, 679x864px
>>90564753
>>
>>90564770
>Asking normies to name 3 Superman villains.
They know only two.
>>
>>90564789
I see your wojack edit and raise you a smug anime girl.
>>
>>90564799
Which is 2 more than Cap villains.
>>
>>90564789
That looks like the reaction face that >>90564757
is making
>>
>>90563311
>Hydra Cap
>well written story
what's the point of making the thread if you sabotage it yourself?
>>
>>90564728
>Who the fuck knew who was Tony Stark ten years ago? Or Star-Lord? Or Groot? Or Bucky Barnes?
They don't remember who they are. you are not only the TARGET AUDIENCE, you are the SOLID public. My girlfriend has watched all those movies with me and will watch the sequels, but she won't remember the name of the protagonists 4 weeks later as most normal people does, the movies being so generic and tame help to make them easy to forget.

>>90564728
Something being popular doesnt mean it has a real impact, Digimon and Bayblade were popular, really popular among their target audience, now normies that were said audience forgot most about that. Pokemon on the other hand did had cultural impact, your mom will remember the name of pikachu in 7 years but she won't remember the name "tony stark"
>>
>>90564770
In Europe, you may find Thundercats, He-Man, and Silverhawks, more popular than many Marvel heroes, with the exception of the X-Men and Spiderman.
>>
>>90564849
>>90564842
>indifferent wojack.jpg
>>
>>90564770
See >>90564728

But anyway, that chain of posts never claimed Captain America villains were more known that Supes'.
>>
>>90564799
Yes, only 2... 2 more than any MCU hero. And i'm including Spider-man, magneto is the better known bad guy from marvel
>>
File: 1484777528406.jpg (99KB, 768x514px) Image search: [Google]
1484777528406.jpg
99KB, 768x514px
>>90564870
>Thundercats, He-Man, and Silverhawks
Euros have always had good taste.
>two of those three franchises are being published by DC Comics
>more popular than many Marvel heroes
They're /ourguys/ all right.
>>
>>90564914
But we barely care about your capeshit, because we do better stuff.
>>
>>90564870
>In Europe, you may find Thundercats, He-Man, and Silverhawks

Cool.
>>
>>90563311
Almost no one has bitched about Hydra-Cap after the first couple issues and Injustice doesn't take place in the main DC universe
>>
>>90564941
>dem Euro comics
Confirmed.
>>
>>90564941
And that is great.

>>90564914
I really don't understand why the particular MCUfag from this thread has such a hard time understanding the difference between the popularity of movies and long therm impact.
>>
>>90564770
>Go to Omegle. and ask for the name of 3 Cap villians
Red Skull, some might say Loki, or even Iron Man (they wouldn't be wrong).
>>
>>90564770
>This is true for NZ

As someone in NZ I see more sales of Superman clothes than I see for any individual Avenger I see more Wonder Woman clothes as well for that matter . Batman overshadows all of them though
>>
>>90565169
>spoiler
As expected of fake Australia.
>>
>>90563311
One is an elseworld based off a video game that everyone knows is an elseworld because they played the game
(Plus people like the concept of 'evil' Superman fighting Batman since TDKR).

The other is canon and part of Broovet's "Make Comics to deliberately make people Angry" strategy he's been going on for twenty years and a reason to have try and make Sam Wilson look better by making him the "Good" Cap (didn't work since people would rather read Captain Hydra than Captain #BlackLivesMatter).
>>
>>90565182

Women like clothes man. Are you honestly surprised?

Hey maybe that will change when YASSSSS has her movie
>>
>>90565280
>Hey maybe that will change when YASSSSS has her movie
>Gadot successfully kills WW
The shitposting would last for ages.
>>
>>90563311
Superman is one person who could easily hold the world in his iron grip if he wanted to dos so, but he chooses not to, because of how he thinks of us. Change that view, and we'd be in deep shit. This is why that story has been told so often. One point of view has to change for him to change in that way. It's easy.
Cap has been against Hydra, fascism, and bullies, his entire life. If you had one constant characteristic for Cap, it was that he stood for freedom and truth. Him turning out to be a Hydra agent needs some huge changes to either his character, or what Hydra actually is.
We expect a being as powerful as Superman to rule us, and while we praise him for not doing so, we aren't let down if he's shown to do so, because we expected that from him.
We don't expect a person like Steve to just turn on his own morals and go against everything he's ever fought for, so when he does we get disappointed.
We expect the overdog to be against us, so when that turns out to be true, we aren't disappointed. We expect the underdog to be with us, so when he isn't we get disappointed.
I personally don't give much of a fuck for either, but that's my view on why people mind one over the other.
>>
>>90565346

The DCEU hasn't even killed merchandise sales for Batman and Superman and has increased it for Harley so good luck with that
>>
>>90565388
>WW popularity is comparable to Batman, Superman and Meme Quinn
Get a load of this delusional WWfag.
>>
>>90563683
His history hasn't changed, it's just his memories.
>>
>>90565506
I thought cosmic cube girl warped reality.
>>
>>90565456

Doesn't Wonder Woman outsell Quinn these days? I'm no WWfag anyway but shes the premier Super heroine. More of an icon than a character to be people now. It's going to take more than a shit movie to sink her merch sales
>>
Injustice, Justice Lords, Red Son, Overman, etc are always alt universes.
>>
>>90565506

So it's just a bit of brainwashing? I feel like this story has been done with Cap before
>>
>>90565565
> shes the premier Super heroine
That's the award winner Harley Quinn, pal.

Suicide Squad overcame Dr. Strange in the box office thanks to Harley alone. You can't sink something that's struggling underwater m8.
>>
>>90565625
>Super heroine
>Harley Quinn
>>
>>90565637
Welcome to the future.
>>
File: Hydra Cap.jpg (323KB, 1165x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Hydra Cap.jpg
323KB, 1165x1800px
>>90563311
I unironically love both of these titles. Injustice because it was literally the personification of a wild ride. And Hydra Cap because it is presenting a genuinely unique take on Captain America while still preserving many of the qualities and virtues that make Cap who he is. This is the way a "Superior" version of the character should operate.
>Also Supes is having to compete with SUper Sexy Cap which isn't humanely possible.
>>
>>90565625
>Suicide Squad overcame Dr. Strange in the box office thanks to Harley alone

I'm sure Batman and Joker had nothing to do with it
>>
>>90563311
Steve Rogers is one of the best received books right now, the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>90565653
What a casual future.
>>
>>90563311
A. Injustice isn't canon.
B. Injustice Supes is a facist dictator, not a literal actual factual NAZI
C. Cap shouldn't be fucking NAZI. His entire career has been about tolerance and equality.
>>
>>90565663
The Joker, but after the premiere word of mouth that he only appears for 10 minutes (and that he sucked) ran fast. Batman and Will Smith also did to a lesser extent, but the real work horse was Harley.

>>90565693
This is the future specifically you choose.
>>
>>90563311
I mean, it's not like Superman becoming EVIL is something new.

Seriously though, a Clark Kent skin for Metallo would've made that game for me.
>>
>>90565717
that is a good thing Cap probably went full nazi, after he realised that tolerance and equality are tools of the authoritarian left
>>
>>90565717
>Cap shouldn't be fucking NAZI. His entire career has been about tolerance and equality.

But he isn't a Nazi. Red Skull fucked him with a cosmic cube. Why is everyone acting like he has always been a super secret Nazi ?
>>
>>90565735
>I mean, it's not like Superman becoming EVIL is something new.
Pretty much. He's been for so long writers already did nearly everything there's to do with a character.
>>
>>90563311
I would have been more impressed with Injustice if they decided to go the other way and make Batman the bad guy in charge of the regime, and Superman leader of the resistance. I'm so tired of Superman becoming the ultimate tyrant, it's been done.
>>
>>90563311
Because you're a faggot for buying into company wars
>>
>>90565779

I'm pretty sure Cap has been brainwashed into joining Hydra before as well. It's just that nobody cared about Cap until 8 years ago
>>
>>90565802
Batman being evil and none of the powered heroes being unable to stop him would be just as big of batwank, if not bigger
>>
>>90563367

People are fine with or indifferent to evil Superman because it's just elseworlds.

People hated new 52 Superman because he was the canon version that wasn't exactly like how they wanted Superman to be.
>>
>>90565802
It's basically "John Cena will never be a bad guy" logic at this point
>>
>>90565837
And batman being the sole protector of the world who has to gather and recruit everyone is any better?
>>
>>90565826
Of course, there's also that time Tony was revealed to be an agent of Kang and tried to kill the Avengers, was killed and replaced with a time displaced teenage version of himself. But since the MCU is popular now casuals now make a fuzz as if they were lifelong fans all along.
>>
>>90565867
Batman actually draws though.
>>
>>90563430
Marvel seems to care, copying SS aesthetics for the new Thor.
>>
>>90563952
>Fighting for truth, justice, and the American way
Yeah, Superman has absolutely nothing to do with American ideals. Nope. Not a thing.
>>
>>90565896
Exactly my point
>>
>>90565974
>new ip
Interesting.
>>
File: Al NO MA'AM.jpg (31KB, 375x428px) Image search: [Google]
Al NO MA'AM.jpg
31KB, 375x428px
>>90565989
?
>>
>>90563311
Not sure what ''people'' you're talking about exactly, but there were ''a lot'' people on the nets ''upset'' about how the goodie-goodie Cap is now a essentially a nazi and therefore must be an antisemite.
>>
>>90565953
>SS aesthetics for the new Thor.
SW prequel aesthetics for the new Thor*

ftfy
>>
>>90565169
I was talking about PR tho, but you are 100% right.

>>90565388
It has helped the sales of superman actually.
>>
>>90565875
Yes, because underdog stories are more compelling and usually make for better storytelling.
I'm fucking tired of people saying that Batman giving Superman a fight is stupid because Superman would kill him with a single punch. If that was the case, there would be no fucking story. Whenever Superman's fighting against anybody, there's gonna be some plot point that will render Superman less powerful so it can last most than 2 pages and it can be fun and entertaining.
>>
>>90566068
>It has helped the sales of superman actually.
>not rebirth
>not the fact they killed nu52 supes everybody hated and brought back clark and lois
You forgot your color filter Zack.
>>
>>90565972
These are also global ideas anon. It's not that America has an exclusive priviledge on the ideas of altruism, heroism, freedom, and defending of the innocent and weaker, that Supes represent and for which he is fighting for. On the othe, Mr Stars and Stripes, he is clear American propaganda.
>>
>>90566101
We are talking about merch you absolute dumbass, stop crying about snyder and try to read the thread
>>
File: 1413338148274.png (139KB, 459x344px) Image search: [Google]
1413338148274.png
139KB, 459x344px
>>90563311
>defending Nazi's
Reevaluate yourself, OP.
>>
>>90566071
>Yes, because underdog stories are more compelling and usually make for better storytelling.
Then why the fuck are you complaining? "Injustice" is an underdog story.
>>
>>90563311
>>90563311
>elseworld where long standing fear of overpowered "hero" goes full authoritarian. Through, alough shittily write plot, still situational.

>assasinating a character in main contuity by rewriting the entire backstory via ret-con.

>same thing?

Sage because new fag shills.
>>
Because Twilight of the Superheroes was never made, the industry has a permanent blueballs for the 'DC Icons go evil' storyline and keep jerking off that particular cock for an orgasm that will never come
>>
>>90566140
>implying superman needed snyder to fucking sell
Maybe once you take Snyder's dick out of your mouth you can stop looking like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>90566116
Exactly. Superman is extremely universal, while steve is still a tool of propaganda, like when americans say "he represents the "real" values" when it really doesnt, Steve is nothing more than a good person that acts on behalf of his nation trying to still be a good guy with others but always believing HIS values are above others. Superman isnt that way. Superman does represent the american dream, but the american dream can be aplied to the Argentinean dream, the Brazillian dream, the Australian Dream or pretty much any country that has a history based on heavy immigration
>>
File: 1488239944324.png (1KB, 23x585px) Image search: [Google]
1488239944324.png
1KB, 23x585px
>>90566146
>>
>>90563311

Your mistake is assuming that people loved Injustice.

The popular opinion seems to be that Injustice is retarded. /co/ likes it because we're a bunch of contrarian little fucks.
>>
>>90566217
>The popular opinion seems to be that Injustice is retarded

"Injustice" is popular as fuck, anon. Its trades outsell X-Men, Captain America, Iron Man and almost every Marvel franchise. The same can be said about its views on sites like "read comics online".

Being contrarian, in this case, is calling it retarded. The masses love it.
>>
>>90566217
fuck off retard
>>
>>90566175
God can you shut up? Stop talking about snyder you pathetic autistic idiot. We are talking about MERCH, and BvS pushed superman above EVERY MARVEL CHARACTER outside spiderman.

In 2015 in halloween for example Superman was only one spot above captain america, during 2016 Superman rised several spots and Cap went actually down after Civil War. They point is simple: the DCEU hasnt made superman less popular, but has actually helped the merch of superman, not fucking rebirth.
>>
>>90566217
>The popular opinion seems to be that Injustice is retarded

Yes, and people like it for the very same reason: it's pure dumb stupid fun that no one takes seriously. Casuals enjoy it since they already don't care about the characters but want to actuallyread something without continuity, and comic fans either hate it and ignore it or just take it as what it is: a dumb elseworld.
>>
>>90566295
>Nobody in editorial cares so people die all the time
>Focus is on Supes and Bats the big two characters
>Harley Quinn gets tons of focus
>Supes/Wondy are together
>Bat/Cat shipping
It's the perfect amount of retarded and fun. It's like the Silver Age all over again.
>>
>>90566217
>Your mistake is assuming that people loved Injustice.

If only the comic and game didn't sell well you would have a point
>>
>>90566399

Harley lusting after Billy doesn't hurt
>>
>>90566335
>s-stop bullying my husbando
>w-without the dceu he wouldn't stand a chance against marvel!!!
What a sad pathetic piece of shit you are.

Superman is literally the most famous superhero ever, but somehow it it needs your dickmaster Zack the hack to freaking sell merch and comics. What a delusional retard you are.
>>
>>90566335

You're not going to keep taking the b8 after this >>90566426 are you?
>>
>>90566448
Zack defense force pls.
>>
>>90566422
I still can't believe that actually happened
>>
>>90566448
Noot sure if bait or legit retardation at this point but yes, i'm not taking any of his post seriously anymore.
>>
>>90566395
What a shit load.

>I-it sells well because nobody cares and is dumb.

If people don't care, why are they fucking buying it?
>>
File: lobo-darkseid.jpg (190KB, 551x827px) Image search: [Google]
lobo-darkseid.jpg
190KB, 551x827px
Still waiting to see how this fight went down in Injustice.
>>
>>90566492
>>90566422

Well it was more for Captain Marvel. Still hot though
>>
>>90566540
Don't you mean Shazam :^)
>>
>>90566534

With the main man getting his shit pushed in I imagine
>>
>>90566513
it's fun and don't makes them mad.
>>
File: lobo2.jpg (13KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
lobo2.jpg
13KB, 282x179px
>>90566557
Wasn't the fanwank of Harley taking him out enough? Couldn't he get at least one badass moment in Injustice?
The only other time we see Darkseid again is when Superman drops off Ares to be tortured, and Darkseid is down in the pits doing to torturing. My fanboy side wants to say that Lobo kicked his ass and is sitting on the throne, but my non-retarded side is saying the main man is kindling in the fire pits.
>>
>>90563311
One is "Hero has a psychotic break caused by the villain because he felt like having a giggle" while the other is "Hero gets his history retconned by a villain using space magic for no real reason to believe he was a sleeper agent the whole time"
>>
DC

>Does an Elseworld
>It is a spin-off of a fighting game.
>It is a digital book.
>It is written by a nobody.

It became the most successful digital book of all times, Tom Taylor is now a big deal, its trades sell like water.

Marvel

>In continuity story
>It is the main book that will lead to the next big event.
>Published through overshipped floppies.
>The writer is as good as they have.

It sells less than Humphries' Green Lanterns, Nick Spencer is now a "well-known nazi lover" (lol), and will be a failure in trades, like all Captain America books.
>>
>>90566775
>Nick Spencer is now a "well-known nazi lover" (lol)

lolwut? When did this happen
>>
>>90566217
lmao Injustice is pretty damn popular outside of /co/
and not ironically either
>>
>>90566799
After Sam fought literal Social Justice Warriors I think.
>>
>>90563367

Injustice is stupid and people only like it because it's unintentionally hilarious with how poorly written and goofy the whole thing is. It's also a tie in for a video game set in an alternate reality where the real heroic superman comes in at the end and saves the day.

Dumbass.
>>
>>90566799
Twitter. It was a combination of this + him saying "just because someone is a nazi doesn't mean they should be punched in the face" about that alt-right guy that got decked during an interview + retards thinking he's related to said alt-right "leader" because they both have the last name Spencer.
>>
>>90566802
dont bother he is a capcom kid who thinks the game and comic is bad
>>
>>90566847
They never fucking learn.
>>
>>90566869
Are you implying that Spencer is an SJW? Because he's not. He's a DNC shill. He spends more time ranting about how much he hates millenials (of which 95% of SJWs are) than he does about conservatives. Just because someone is a liberal doesn't make them an SJW anymore than being a conservative makes you a white supremacist.

Wheadon, on the other hand, was absolutely an SJW.
>>
>>90566847
That's hilarious

Whatever makes it so Spencer suffers is okay by me
>>
>>90566799
>>90566799
when he made captain america an agent of hydra
>>
>>90566799
After he did the usual liberal hand wringing over Richard Spencer getting punched. "We should respect his right to free speech, punching people like this is not american." And a lot of people who aren't rich, white, creative professionals got mad because Richard Spencer promotes ideas hostile to their very existence. They don't feel those ideas should be respected.
>>
>>90566912
Way to miss the point, faggot. I posted that pic to showcase how liberals always preach diversity and tolerance, but after a minimal disagreement they have with a public figure they eat them alive.

Not everything is SJW you hostile fat fuck.
>>
>>90566969
>posts comic explicitly about how SJWs constantly turn on their own
>even has "SJWs" in the filename
>from Patriarchie Comics, a webcomic about bashing SJWs
>T-THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SJWS!
wew lad
>>
>>90566969
>but after a minimal disagreement they have with a public figure they eat them alive.
>minimal disagreement

This guy who preaches ethnic cleansing deserves our respect.

vs

No he doesn't.

It's more than a minor disagreement.
>>
It's a fucking AU and you know damned well why people would have an issue with Captain America of all people going full Nazi.
>>
>>90563311
Didn't Hydra Cap make it so he was always a double agent whereas Injustice was Superman going darker. As in, the latter didn't undo any good that went before.
>>
>>90563311
Marvel has been playing the spotlight and trying to get the SJW and Tumblr crowd. This gave them a bump in sales but it also means anytime they do anything "offensive" the media throws fits at them.

The fact that Cap got mind controlled by a cosmic cube into having his history wiped while Superman legit went evil doesn't matter because Injustice went under most SJW's radar.

Also it didn't help that the tweets of "Is cap being mind controlled" were answered with a "Nope, he isn't a clone, mind controlled, or LMD" when they really should have said "Read the comic, it will all make sense I promise!"
>>
File: hbk.gif (2MB, 250x132px) Image search: [Google]
hbk.gif
2MB, 250x132px
>>90567002
>so triggered he has to invent excuses to turn this into the boogeyman he so much fears
W E W

>>90567051
>It's more than a minor disagreement
You might be right. It's was pure retardness,

The point stands though, there's been so many cases of libturds turning into each other for not "behaving correctly" or having the right opinion.
>>
>>90567081
Ignoring the "alt-universe" argument rendering Injustice irrelevant, I'd argue that Superman "going dark" is way fucking worse in terms of character assassination than Cap being made Hydra.

For Superman, this means that regular ass, normal unaltered Superman, the blue boy scout and beacon of hope, is just one bad day away from becoming a genocidal evil overlord willing to take over the planet and murder his friends. It implies that Superman lives on the edge of becoming evil and just needs the right push to go over that edge.

For Cap, he only became a Hydra double-agent because of reality warping. It took a literal cosmic god-being changing the fabric of reality to make him go evil and EVEN THEN Cap's inherent goodness shines through to the point that even as a Hydra Agent trying to take over the world, he's not actually "evil." He regrets the deception and the acts of evil he has to committ in the name of a greater good.

The end result for both of them is the universe's Ultimate Moral Boy Scout turning into a Fascist World-Conqueror, but one is Superman making that transition of his own accord and becoming genuinely evil in the process while the other is Captain America being magically transitioned into that but doing evil acts for the greater good rather than actually being evil.
>>
>>90567081
Hydra Cap had a cosmic cube that altered reality around cap into making Cap's memories and character being a Hydra agent that was always under deep cover to the point where his orders were he should kill the Red Skull rather than be exposed.

This means that he still did everything he did, but to his perspective he did the anti-hydra things while undercover.

Also Cap is still a 'good guy' just his views have been twisted so that he views heroes in the worst light and thinks the only way to save the world is to take over everything.
>>
>>90567202
>For Superman, this means that regular ass, normal unaltered Superman, the blue boy scout and beacon of hope, is just one bad day away from becoming a genocidal evil overlord willing to take over the planet and murder his friends. It implies that Superman lives on the edge of becoming evil and just needs the right push to go over that edge.

This feel like DCEU Superman.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (3MB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
3MB, 176x176px
>>90563676
>how they can't wait to see Cap beat the shit out of Iron Man
>>
>>90567252
I blame Pa Kent.
>>
>>90567151
>uses a comic about SJWs from a website about SJWs
>proceed to be fucking SHOCKED that someone would interpret your post as being about SJWs
W E W
E
W
>>
>>90563367
Sometimes people wonder what would it be to be fucked in the ass, that doesn't mean they want to be fucked in the ass.

I hope you get the difference.
>>
>reuses the same greentext in hopes of getting another (you)
I'm not humoring you anymore, my dude. I reserve my greentext replies for more classy boards.
>>
>>90567202
>>90567252
My perspective has always been that Injustice's universe is the 'worst case' for everyone's actions. It's the universe where Lois dies, then WW says the worst things, then Superman can't hold himself back from killing, then Batman can't step back and try to undo things or work things out, then Damian loses it against Nightwing, then Nightwing falls in the perfect angle to break his neck, and etc.

It isn't Superman suddenly being evil, its literally almost everyone except Constantine and Plastic Man making the worst possible mistakes they could. They aren't 'out of character' except perhaps Wonder Woman, but they are all making their worst mistakes and failing to live up to their own codes.
>>
>>90567355
>then Nightwing falls in the perfect angle to break his neck
Someone post the page.
>>
>>90563530
Moonlight
>>
>>90563311
Is Injustice really "degrading" anyone though?
>>
>>90567437
Yes, your brain.
>>
>>90567437
Pretty much all the characters are shit, does that count
>>
>>90566912
LMAO no.

Nick 'DC is the anti christ because it's soooooo problematic and Marvel is the best because we're progressive unlike DC :^) ) Spencer is a hypocritical SJW

Don't let Superior Foes fool you now.
>>
>>90567610
>he fell for the memes
Bravo
>>
>>90567708
>Spencer's twitter is a meme now.
>>
>>90567751
Yes, twitter in general is a meme that exists to get gullible idiots worked up. Congratulations on taking the bait.
>>
>>90567371
hey, sometimes you get really really shit luck
>>
>>90563430
Not as bad iron Shit. which literally has 1 pitiful fresh score.
>>
File: 1433204636892.jpg (47KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1433204636892.jpg
47KB, 576x432px
>>90566422

>You will never be a child with Harley Quinn lusting after you.
>>
>>90567751
>he fell for the Twitter meme
BRAVO
>>
>>90566876

Injustice is a laughing stock, its a total riot and a blast to read but nobody is under any illusions that its actually good. It's fun, stupid and ties into a video game so its got an even bigger audience than most other comics.

Normies like it because its a shocking 'fresh' story of evil supes, comic fans like it because it's really goddamn silly.
>>
>>90563545
>>90563518
>A superman who sacrificed himself multiple times to save the Earth, despite half the population thinking him a menace, is not compassionate or caring.

You guys are insane.
>>
>>90567806
>you will never be Harley Quinn and lust after a child
not you though, you're disgusting anon.
>>
>>90567837
>Injustice is a laughing stock
Not more of a laughing stock than Hickman's Avengers or Spencer's Captain America, anon.
>>
>>90567796
Poor Dick indeed.
>>
File: 408.png (344KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
408.png
344KB, 986x553px
>>90563311
>>
File: 41.jpg (432KB, 1280x1996px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
432KB, 1280x1996px
>>90563311
>Marvel degrades their heroes it's blasphemy

Umm what? Look at what they did with Old-man logan.
>>
I'm not cool with Nick Fury being black.
>>
>>90567837
how mad are you
>>
>>90568006
>Millar
That's to be expected.
>>
File: 4U.png (7KB, 498x100px) Image search: [Google]
4U.png
7KB, 498x100px
>>90563362
From
https://mockingbirdie.tumblr.com/post/158168090003/copperbadge-captn-sara-holmes
>>
>>90568166
Smooth Smarts Spencer working the liberal crowd into a shoot.
>>
>>90563311
Only faggots and tumblr shippers likes cap at this point
>>
>>90568253
>>>/asp/ and never come back
>>
>>90568282
Nah.
>>
>>90568009
As well as with heimdall and valkyrie
>>
>>90563338
You sure? It would seem like a waste to not have Injustice in one of the 52 Earths
>>
>>90563311
Injustice was an alternate universe, and DC does that all the time. Captain Hydra is hated because it's just a stupid gimmick to sell comics, and anyone who reads it knows that. Plus, it's not like Cap actually changed his mind, his history was altered.
>>
>>90568325
>"I care about Heimdall"
Said by literally no one. Valkyrie was completely fucked up though.
>>
>>90567837
>but nobody is under any illusions that its actually good
You'd think that but you're wrong. Retarded casuals can't suck it's dick hard enough.
>>
>>90568333
not canon in the way that is not the Superman Canon that matters (AKA not the superman that appears regularly in the Action Comics/Superman comic)
Is not new an evil superman in another universe.
>>
>>90568410
We still do a lot of us are out there
>>
>>90568521
Agreed but that said I'm really fucking over this retarded Evil Supes shit they've been force feeding us. I cringed so hard when Injustice shilled fucking Batman is a paragon of virtue in the comics. DC is really shooting themselves in the foot by doing nothing but shilling Batman, and instead of video games with literally anyone else, we're going to get another fucking Arkham game.

I'm so sick of Batwank but I admit I don't know how I'd escape it if I was in charge.
>>
>>90565735
how many fucking covers are there with King Superman.
>>
>>90568904
>. I cringed so hard when Injustice shilled fucking Batman is a paragon of virtue in the comics

But he is ;). Im glad you got mad, also superman isnt evil. He does bad shit believing it's for the best.
>>
>>90569056
A lot.

If I had a bitching hat, I'd do all I can to keep in power too
>>
>>90565764
I thought the cosmic cube retroactively made him a super secret nazi all his life.
>>
>>90570448
just his memories
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.