[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to believe that Iron Fist was the wrong character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I'm starting to believe that Iron Fist was the wrong character to give a street level TV-budget Netflix series to, especially if they are going to skirt around the mysticism and martial arts elements.

Which Marvel character should have gotten a Netflix series part of the Defenders line-up instead?
>>
Moon Knight
>>
File: 1360269452299.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1360269452299.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>90562037
>I'm starting to believe that Iron Fist was the wrong character to give a street level TV-budget Netflix series to,
Based on what? It hasn't aired.

>especially if they are going to skirt around the mysticism
That's speculation from /co/, there's no proof.

>and martial arts elements.
That doesn't make any sense, the trailer had plenty of it and it's a main selling point.
>>
>>90562063
Seconded.

Of course then you'd probably have people shrieking 'cultural appropriation' over the use of Khonshu. And say the series is a hate crime because Marc's a crazy person.

Just like they did when Split was about to come out.
>>
>>90562037
Frankly they should have realized Punisher would be their best character sooner and had him with his own series from the jump.
>>
>>90562236
Eh, people seem to like Mr. Robot and Legion.
>>
>>90562093
>That's speculation from /co/, there's no proof.
There's an interview where they straight up say they keep it only hinted at to keep it real n gritty

>That doesn't make any sense, the trailer had plenty of it and it's a main selling point.
Jones did almost 0 training for it, multiple reviews have called it out on being too slow, looking like a rehearsed dance, easy to spot stunt doubles and being worse than DD
>>
I would like to see Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, starring Sons of the Tiger and then swapping them out for White Tiger.
>>
I'm still waiting for the Punisher to get his series. It's the only one I'd actually watch.
>>
>>90562292
Speaking of, I think Malek could make for a decent Spector if he bulked a little for the role.
>>
File: machine teen_001_COV_MN.jpg (149KB, 565x848px) Image search: [Google]
machine teen_001_COV_MN.jpg
149KB, 565x848px
>>
>>90562371
Well, he is Egyptian. Would probably help cull the problematic aspects of MK's origin. But it would really pigeonhole him to keep playing mentally unbalanced characters.

The guy that played Renly Baratheon would work for Marc, in my opinion.
>>
>>90562037
>Monkey paw the series
I want my Fat Cobra. But do I want a Fat Cobra that sucks?
Conflicted.
Conflicted like a motherfucker.
>>
>>90562037
>Which Marvel character should have gotten a Netflix series part of the Defenders line-up instead?

Amadeus Cho
Moon Knight
Shang Chi
Silver Sable
The Black Tarantula
>>
>>90562037
Jessica Jones was a mistake it should have been white tiger
>>
>>90562093
>That's speculation from /co/, there's no proof.

bless your heart >>90450048
>>
>>90562037
>Scott Buck was the wrong character to give a street level TV-budget Netflix Iron Fist series to, because he decided to skirt around the mysticism and martial arts elements.

ftfy senpai. They could have gotten the guys who make Into the Badlands and it would have been exactly what they needed. Why they thought Scott Buck would be a good fit for the show is beyond me.
>>
>>90562037
>Iron Fist was the wrong character to give a street level TV-budget Netflix series to
You know he's literally just a knock-off of Kane from the 70's TV series Kung-Fu, right?

The problem is that they gave the series to the guy who was the show runner for the the last two seasons of Dexter ... JUST!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.