[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Avengers Disassembled ruin Marvel? I mean, it did start all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1487964133890.jpg (102KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
1487964133890.jpg
102KB, 720x340px
Did Avengers Disassembled ruin Marvel? I mean, it did start all that event bullshit, and none of the changes really even mattered in the end (although I wish they'd kept Hawkeye dead).
>>
>>90561776
Disssembled was a hotdog in a hallway. The 90s had already been there, done that, had a smoke.
>>
>>90561776
>I mean, it did start all that event bullshit

Are you retarded?
>>
>>90561927
Before that events weren't usually tied to every single fucking thing nearly as much in Marvel.
>>
>>90561776
It was one of the fist nails in the coffin. This and House of M where precursers to the absolute shit show we have now.

And it's all thanks to Bendis
>>
>>90561952
Yeah. Infinity Gauntlet, the original Secret Wars, fucking CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS... that stuff was totally self-contained to just a single hero and their book.
>>
>>90561952
I don't know man the X-Men stuff got pretty dire.
>>
>>90561952
This is complete bullshit, by the way.
I've been reading through the old Claremont New Mutant books, and they are so sketchy sometimes with their plotlines. Hell, there was even one Editor note saying that they were pissed at him, and would never do something like that again.
>>
>>90562061
I said usually. And those kind of events didn't happen every year.

Also,
>CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS
>Marvel

>>90562077
Yeah, I agree. But the thing was that you could just safely ignore them.
>>
>>90561776
Not really. At the time, it's what Marvel needed to get out of it's creative slump and it ended up creating a lot of new kinds of stories.

What came after it is what ruined Marvel.
>>
>>90561776
Yes

>>90562077
>>90562061
After disassembled we have had more events and the worst thing is most of them dont have a reason to exist or there is not a previous reason for it to exist.
>>
>>90562061
But those Events didn't force every book of their time to do a tie-in. Well COIE did end a lot of books and reshuffling.
But IG and SW didn't make all marvel books tie-in.
>>
>>90562101
I was citing Crisis as the original OG event. I know it wasn't Marvel.

I'm not THAT dumb.
>>
>>90561776
>Bendis

Yes.
>>
>>90562148
In fact Secret Wars and Infinity Gauntlet were pretty much contained in their own mini-series'. Sure there was few tie-ins, but those were not essential.

Also, Secret Wars' biggest change was that Spider-Man now had a black (symbiotic) costume. I don't think Infinity Gauntlet changed anything, except launch Warlock's own magazine.
>>
>>90561776
Honestly? I think so.

Jemas, Joey Q & Bendis became an attitude based triumvirate who decided to go after the 'Grand Theft Auto' kids in the 00's by declaring war on the older fans.

Sad thing is that it worked.
>>
>>90562101
>Before that events weren't usually tied to every single fucking thing nearly as much in Marvel.
>b-but they didn't happen as often!
Stop changing goalposts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.