[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any "hook" to Miles Morales aside from his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

Is there any "hook" to Miles Morales aside from his ethnicity?

I don't get what his appeal is supposed to be
>>
>>90550986
No there isnt.
>>
His ethnicity isn't really a hook. It's just there. Costume is cool though.

We'll never know if Miles actually has any potential because Bendis is the only one who writes him and he refuses to give the kid anything. No personality, no villains, no nothing. He's not even worth hating.
>>
>>90550986
that's because of his writer, not his character
>>
>>90550986
He doesnt have one. He's only survived this long because Bendis gets his way
>>
>>90551017
>No personality, no villains, no nothing.
He doesn't even have a backstory anymore.
>>
>>90550986
There's nothing interesting about him.

Nothing good, not even anything bad.

He just exists.
>>
File: 1477166136339.jpg (16KB, 257x385px) Image search: [Google]
1477166136339.jpg
16KB, 257x385px
>>90551017
>Bendis is the only one who writes him

nice meme.
>>
Its the same shit over and over with Miles
>Least interesting character of his solo
>Venom Blast is his OP win button
>Everyone needs to praise him for doing jack shit
>Everyone just pretends Peter doesnt exist when talking about "Spider Man"
>Miles doesnt want to be known as "The Black Spider Man" even though its the color of his fucking costume.
Whatever potential he had is fucking gone, I dont care anymore, Im tired of seeing him shoved in every damn book. He isnt Spider Man, and Bendis cant let it go.
>>
He needs a new writer

He worked well because he was part of the Ultimate Universe but right now he has nothing... not even a good cast because back then he inherited Ultimate Peter´s supporting cast

I mean, he doesnt event have a FUCKING VILLAIN aside from his uncle who hasn´t shown up since he moved from Earth 1610.

We dont even know his motivation for being Spider-Man on this earth,nothing.
He is just there, he needs some serious development and a good writer
>>
Nope. I'm not white but I still identify far more with Peter, or Ben Grimm. It's more about their upbringing, morality, internal conflict, that's what I identify with.

Has Morales ever actually struggled with his multiracial identity or does he just identify as black? That would make him more interesting to me.
>>
>>90550986
He's got Spider-Woman's powers but none of the baggage. That's all.

He was conceived at a time when it was hoped the Ultimates would continue as a line, so he's just a lazy re-work of an existing property.
>>
>>90551017
>>90551084
Bendis missed a great opportunity not to have Miles justifiably disturbed about being transplanted to 616.

Think about it: practically everything he knows and loves aside from his close friends and family are gone. Why the fuck is he okay with this? Why isn't feeling a bit detached from everything?

If Bendis were clever, he could make Miles' new motivation for being Spider-man protecting his family. Namely his newly resurrected Mo. Now that he has a new chance, he should be doing all he can to become the best Spider-man he can be to protect New York, and by extension, his mom.

There could be a story arc where he stumbles across one of Spock's old forgotten hide-outs, and be tempted to use his technology to keep New york safe so he can spend more time with his mom.

Instead, we're fucking around with crossovers.
>>
>>90551402
Does he remember his life on Earth 1610?
>>
>>90551455
Bendis says he does, but he didn't want to want to write him as a fish out of water in 616.

So he denied him a personality trait he desperately needed
>>
File: RCO005_w_1473871031.jpg (453KB, 1008x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO005_w_1473871031.jpg
453KB, 1008x1600px
>>90551455
According to Gwenpool, no.
>>
>>90550986
>ethnicity
I think you mean his race, his ethnicity isn't a hook.
>>
he's a homosexual who has to hold back his urge to be a supervillain all the time
>>
>>90551538
If you consider the last few issue of Jessica Jones, Mies could've been told not to reveal that he's from another universe to keep anyone from learning about what really happened with the incursions.
>>
>>90551374
>Has Morales ever actually struggled with his multiracial identity or does he just identify as black?

There was this one time his costume got torn a little and this girl was happy there was a black Spider-Man and he got upset over it since he wants to be known as "The Spider-Man".
>>
yeah Peter is so lame and stale. who wants to read about a white guy in 2017. Miles is way cooler cause he's like Peter but black
>>
>>90550986
people who think Spider-Man should be a teenager
>>
>>90551574
Bendis really seems to like to put his characters together every single fucking time
>>
>>90551657
he's not even like Peter
>>
>>90551402
Yeah, that would be an easy way to differentiate him from Peter and give him his own identity. Have him struggle with how the superheroes in this universe are different from the ones in his own. How living in the main Marvel universe feels so off, but he can't say it out loud to his friends and family because saying "we used to be from another universe but now we're in this one" won't come across well to his loved ones. So he's left in a quandary, figuring out what his place is in a world so new to him while unable to express it because everyone will just think he's talking crazy.
>>
>>90551624
I mean like, he's not fully black though. Why is he always concerned about being a token minority?

I'm multi-racial and I've always struggled with my personal conceptualization of identity and culture and I know many others that feel the same way. It would have been nice to have a character I could identify like that, but I guess Bendis can't really do that, it's too smart.
>>
>>90551508
Do his family and friends that got transplanted also remember 1610? Or is Miles doomed to live life surrounded by family and friends who have different memories than the family and friends he remembers?
>>
his hook is one shotting anyone that tells him he's not The spider-man like a lamer squirrel girl

I guess he's smart right? he goes to a privet school and there's that contest thing from that ms marvel comic but not smart enough to make his own webbing did he ever show off his smarts in any other book
>>
>>90551762
Then what is he?

What makes Miles different from Peter beyond black and no Uncle Ben death lesson?
>>
>>90551882

He's not good at quipping.
>>
>>90551851
He cant make webbing, and he doesnt know how to build web shooters. Best to just ditch the webslinging altogether and make him the new Scorpion
>>
>>90551897
>He's not good at quipping
Fucking this. Quipping is what separates the Spider-men from the Spider-boys.
>>
>>90551787
If they went that route, he could've found a friend in Gwenpool.

It would've cool to have him meet Miguel and have him tutor him in Peter's stead.

>>90551828
It seems only he and his father know.

>>90551897
Only when he's written by Bendis, Waid, Slott, and Kelly.

Everyone else just writes him as Peter, quips and all
>>
>>90551882
he is literally nothing

thanks Bendis
>>
>>90551624
Maybe he should've been the first fucking spiderman then
>>
>>90551017
>His ethnicity isn't a hook, it's just there

>Miles frequently complains about MUH OPPRESSION and MUH BLACK PEOPLE
>>
his personality Cowardly it goes with his ability to go invisible remember he has that power, Worries that he will become a criminal like his dad, basically just have a massive chip on his shoulder and i guess an inferiority complex and bad self esteem constantly need a pep talk

>>90551374
as far as i know him being half Hispanic means jack shit and he is mostly just written as black
>>
>>90552044
Fucking this

He wants his own identity but recolored and existing hero's costume. The fuck did he expect?
>>
>>90552926
Not to mention that the costume itself is black. People have called Symbiote Spider-Man black Spider-Man for years, he should have seen this coming.
>>
>>90550986
His hook is that he upsets people who don't read his comic with his race. This copy pasta thread is proof. They can't even attack his sales either
>>
>>90554324
>They can't even attack his sales either

Miles has never sold good. He just sells well enough not to get canceled, that's hardly anything to strive for.

Also, you didn't answer the question, you just sorta bitched about how people don't like a character you have no reason to like.
>>
>>90550986

Is this another miles hate thread?
>>
>>90554324
No, he is liked by those who do not read his comic

He lost his hook when they put him on 616
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.