[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like people give the ending of Grayson too much of a hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: grayson.jpg (58KB, 322x499px) Image search: [Google]
grayson.jpg
58KB, 322x499px
I feel like people give the ending of Grayson too much of a hard time. Was it rushed? Definitely. But despite that, I still think that the characterization was great and things were wrapped up well given the time they had.
>>
>>90541387
Yeah, I haven't read the whole run, but it was pretty enjoyable from what I remember. But Nightwing is good too, now, so I can't be too upset.

Both runs really got the character, and you can make him a clown in outer space if you do that for me.
>>
I'll just never understand why Seeley couldn't have finished it himself instead of working on NSS.
>>
>>90541387
Nah, it was definitely crap. The whole thing with the other agencies should've been scrapped because all those guys did was have a few lines and job. There were a lot of pages wasted on them for no goddamn reason, especially if they all get taken out off screen by Midnighter like a bunch of henchmen. I'd also say Dick and Tony holding their own against all of them at once was dumb. I don't mind the "convenient" memory erasing ending, but the last scene between Dick and Helena didn't feel good and had a very clear "this is getting scrapped" vibe going on.
>>
>>90541387
It was always going to be bad. A slapdash attempt to wrap up every plot thread in three issues was dumb. They put there best effort forward and it was worse than I thought it was going to be.
>>
>spend all that time building up Kathy
>the woman that killed Talia and duped Batman at the end of Morrison's run
>she became some pathetic character who wanted her Nazi dad back
>just shot and tossed her out of a train when he no longer had need of her
There was a lot of bad stuff at the end of the Grayson run, but the Kathy stuff bugged me the most.
>>
>>90542199
Because he only had 3-4 issues left and he couldn't squeeze everything in and doing right and instead of half assing it he gave it to someone else to half ass.
>>
>>90542295
I get the feeling that King and Seeley had a lot more plans for the Spy Wars arc and using the Wildstorm characters. Looks like they found out about Rebirth and the Wildstorm characters were going to be moved elsewhere ad dropped it.
>>
>>90542426
I wish they hadn't introduced her at all since it turns out they weren't able to do anything with the plot.
>>
There was some bad stuff, but I thought the final battle in Grayson's mind was cool. Seeing all the different things Grayson was/could be is one of the defining things I like about the character.

That whole "erase everyone's memories with nanomachines" thing was bullshit though. Not that it matters, no run is ever going to bring it up.
>>
>>90542199
It was going to be scraped anyway for rebirth.
>>
I know this will sound apologetic, but I feel like if it wasn't Grayson, the last few issues would be considered very solid. The problem is what they had to live up to; it's RotJ all over again. While it was a definite downgrade from the heights we saw under King and Seeley, it was still better than most comics you see.
>>
>>90542426
They had her angled to be the "Mom" that Dick has never had
>>
>>90543316
More like the puppet master of everything going on, but she was just another puppet.
>>
>>90544992
No puppet. You're the puppet.
>>
File: dickplease.png (355KB, 512x474px)
dickplease.png
355KB, 512x474px
>>90544992
>There are people on /co/ who didn't want to see Dick enjoy some tasteful cougarlicious action
>>
>>90542199
he had to write several issues of nightwing ahead of time for the double-shipping schedule
>>
>>90542426
At least we can argue that Kathy Webb Kane and Luka Netz are different characters.
>>
>>90545764
That doesn't explain choosing NSS over Grayson.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.