[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how Starlin is the GOAT? Why can't Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 708559.jpg (85KB, 400x617px) Image search: [Google]
708559.jpg
85KB, 400x617px
Can we talk about how Starlin is the GOAT?

Why can't Marvel have some balls and a budget and adapt the entire Captain Marvel, Warlock, Adam Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War epic and give us the massive psychedelic Star Wars we deserve.
>>
It would be incredibly expensive and a huge gamble to do it justice. Also the nature of Starlin's writing would require some serious retooling to make it palatable to film standards.
>>
File: adam-warlock-starlin-100424.jpg (223KB, 736x1034px) Image search: [Google]
adam-warlock-starlin-100424.jpg
223KB, 736x1034px
Did Warlock come before or after Elric cause they're the exact same character
>>
>>90537596
After. Elric first appeared in 1961.
>>
>>90537249
I read it all relatively recently and am quite hype for the movies desu.
Also I don't see the appeal in adapting it directly shot-for-shot, if that's what you mean by "we deserve". IMO that'd defeat the point of "adapting" it at all. The story unfurled the way it did organically because of its surrounding environment
>and a budget
Last I heard they were spending $1 billion on the 2-parter, since Ike no longer has a say.
>>
>>90537249
>Captain Marvel, Warlock, Adam Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War
ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER
ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST DOES NOT BELONG
>>
>>90537249
Starlin a shit.
>>
>>90537249
>Why can't Marvel have some balls and a budget and adapt the entire Captain Marvel, Warlock, Adam Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War epic and give us the massive psychedelic Star Wars we deserve.

Get Alejandro Jodorowsky to direct it, it would be like the Metabarons times a thousand
>>
>>90537836
>I read it all relatively recently and am quite hype for the movies desu.

Expect it to have as much in common with the comics as Civil War or Age of Ultron, except unlike them it won't be an improvement.
>>
>>90537557
>It would be incredibly expensive and a huge gamble to do it justice

Good. The last huge gamble got us GotG and the last before that got us Iron Man 1.
>>
File: GARGALME2017001-600x907.jpg (194KB, 600x907px) Image search: [Google]
GARGALME2017001-600x907.jpg
194KB, 600x907px
>>90537249
Day one preorder.
>>
>>90538941
>GotG
This was shit tho.
>>
The MCU plays so fast and loose with these "adaptations" they honestly could still pull this off no problem.

Just adapt the Starlin Marvel run in the Captain Marvel movie swapping Mar-Vell out for Danvers. You could bring Batista's Drax in too.
>>
No matter what they did it wouldn't be as good as the comics, so why bother?
>>
>>90540448

So why did you enter the thread?
>>
File: captain_marvel_28-14.jpg (198KB, 900x1317px) Image search: [Google]
captain_marvel_28-14.jpg
198KB, 900x1317px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.