[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with the cost of getting comics? I usually get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: C2fNAfvUAAE3HjW.jpg (549KB, 1349x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C2fNAfvUAAE3HjW.jpg
549KB, 1349x2048px
How do you cope with the cost of getting comics? I usually get TPB's but after seeing these variants, I was willing to buy them.

Turns out that with shipping, the cost is £77. For 2 floppies. Not TPBs or full stories. Fuck that.
>>
>>90503605
Depends on the art but mostly I spend anywhere from 60-100 bucks on volumes. Sometimes I buy special variants or buy them second hand from local swap meets or flea markets.
>>
>>90503605
>How do you cope with the cost of getting comics?

>>>/co/win-o
>>
>>90503605
libgen is great for older comics, but for newer ones I just use readcomics or rely on storytime threads.
>>
>>90503605
I'm in America so I go to my LCS and buy them for 3.99.
>>
>>90503605
Or you could find out whose retailer incentive variant that is and start calling stores close to you and seeing if they have any left in stock.
Probably not if the 2nd hand market is already charging out the nose for them.
Don't use your lack of knowledge about floppies as an excuse to bash them.
>>
Avoid eBay & the hype market. If I miss out on an issue or variant that I want to read, I'll just wait for a few months then spot it in the back bins. The most I spend weekly is about $12 on singles.
>>
>>90503605
Comic collecting isn't a hobby for the poor. If you can't pay the cost to follow monthlies buy TPBS. Variant hunting is for the most hardcore of comics buyer.
>>
>>90503605
Some variants are required for a super high price (due to the store required to buy a certain number of them to get some kinda limited variant or something like that)

Deep down past the price labeled on the comic it is valued at how much people guess they want it.
A Scottie Young variant of AvX? Prolly $30+
The variants for Flintstones comics? Same as regular price cause they're not as popular and aren't as collectable/rare.
>>
File: C2fNLqQUoAAcsBd.jpg (584KB, 1349x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C2fNLqQUoAAcsBd.jpg
584KB, 1349x2048px
>>90504126
Normal variants are fine. Just find it weird that good ones are expensive as fuck but aren't worth anything for collections, like pic related.

>>90504850
I do usually buy TPBs. I have bought a couple of variants, but their price is reasonable.

>>90506964
Huh, didn't know that. I guess a lot of peeps must want this then. Thing is though, I've seen a lot more fan-servicey covers retailing for less.

This isn't that much of a collectors item.
>>
File: atom.jpg (284KB, 750x1138px) Image search: [Google]
atom.jpg
284KB, 750x1138px
>>90507147
I'd prefer just finding a picture of the cover and saving it.
>>
>>90508762
True, not like any of them are my waifu.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.