[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone read Adventures of Superman, the digital first comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: aos22 (1).jpg (718KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
aos22 (1).jpg
718KB, 1920x1476px
Did anyone read Adventures of Superman, the digital first comic DC put out a few years ago?

it was a really cool showcase of writers/artists and I loved it but no one ever seemed to talk about it
It was 100% better than any Superman depiction in the New 52
>>
>>90496549
Some was good, some was really bland. Not in the same league as LotDK. Also,
>Better than Morrison's Action Comics
>>
I enjoyed it overall. It had some really good stories in it, and it was interesting that, given the choice of any villain, a wide variety of authors ended up doing (a) Bizarro stories that were actually sympathetic and positive, and then (b) Metallo stories and (c) Luthor stories that were pretty consistent with canon but also ended up being interesting and different from canon, and finally (d) a large number of stories that used Brainiac.

I've participated in some story-times and story-timed a story myself, and brought up some stories when we've discussed Superman stories. I think it unfortunately suffered from existing at the same time as the New 52 and people who were Superman fans being turned off from DC in general at that time.

I'm not sure if that's 100% true since Superman Unchained was a huge best seller and the Earth One graphic novels all also sold well in the same time frame.
>>
File: AOS cover.jpg (161KB, 618x953px) Image search: [Google]
AOS cover.jpg
161KB, 618x953px
This got story-timed about 6 weeks ago and got a good response.
>>
>>90496549
The best one was Keatinge's mentioned in >>90496708

>>90496680
Superman Unchained's main draw is Jim Lee and Scott Snyder in that order. And Earth One had the advantage of being acclaimed when the first volume was out (even though I didn't really like it) and that started before the New 52. I should really check the bookscan charts to see how Volume 2 and 3 did, though.
>>
>>90496708
>>90496733
this is why I made the post
probably one of the best single issues of Superman I've read in a long time
>>
>>90496733

As far as I can recall, all three volumes still made the best seller list on the Times. I didn't realize v1 pre-dated the 2011 launch as I read it afterwards.

Keatinge's was great. And I'll repeat what I said before - he expressed an interest in doing a Super book and wanted to do a take from that 3-parter. Since JMS can't/won't be doing any continuation of the Earth One novels, I'd really like it if they gave a three part contract to Keatinge - which wouldn't even have to negate JMS run because it would be, by necessity, a much older, more experienced Clark.

Or let Keatinge do something like The Coming of the Superman / Superman - American Alien.

That all said, I think there were other really excellent series. Flowers for Bizarro is really top five for that entire run. Tears for Krypton is good, Only Child is really excellent, as is Best Intent.
>>
>>90496927
>As far as I can recall, all three volumes still made the best seller list on the Times

The Times list actually doesn't mean as much unless the book's been on there on a consistent basis. Like for instance the Steph Batgirl book (which I kinda liked) made it on there for a week and then dropped off. But I'll check to see how well the other two volumes did if I can find more info.

>Or let Keatinge do something like The Coming of the Superman / Superman - American Alien.

I think that would work more since like he said in an interview, his Adventures of Superman story would be the #0 to his ideal series.
>>
I only ever read the Landis/Jock issue where Superman and Joker quip at each other, and it really turned me off to the series. Vol 3 is now in the mail tho
>>
>>90496620
Yeah, Adventures was leagues above Legends
>>
>>90496549
Gigant Superman sitting on some railroads with a tiny windmill in the distance
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.