[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All this time people have been saying that the way Marvel Studios

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ivx.jpg (232KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
ivx.jpg
232KB, 1200x797px
All this time people have been saying that the way Marvel Studios has been using the Inhumans, they've been treated as stand-ins for the X-Men, meant to serve the same role and recreate that formula. I just don't see it.
>>
File: Approved.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Approved.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>90492704
>>
Kind of bad example to be fair.
That is Black Bolt, he is supposed to wear black.
>>
>>90492815

Yeah, but I mean, that's not like, the ONLY defining trait he's supposed to have. There should be some weird, freaky pageantry to the Inhumans. That touch of the alien and the bizarre. This adoption of literally the exact same 'down to earth' featureless black leather aesthetic of the X-Men movies seems wildly out of step with that.
>>
>>90492878
I really hope they add the wings and the mask with the fork. If they start the show with that fuck them in their fucking pretentious face.
>>
>>90493097

I'm actually just a little bit torn. On the one hand I'm kind of perversely delighted that they're not going to be a part of the movies per se. That Feige doesn't want them, just to spite Ike.

On the other hand, if they're being designed for the broad, generic audience of prime time broadcast television, of course they're going to be as generic as fuck.
>>
>>90493097
One of the defining traits of the vast majority of actors is they are pretty and they know it. They don't tend to put masks of them, even if they are defining features of the characters.

See Watchman's 'The Comedian' and his missing gimp mask, or all the various superheros who don't wear their character appropriate mask in favor of saucy leather numbers without so much as a hint at trying to hide their identity for a thousand different reasons.
>>
>>90494726

I had heard that at one time Tom Cruise was approached to play Iron Man, and one of his conditions was that his face had to be fully visible at all times. Truly a guy who just fundamentally didn't get or care about the character, but it worked out for the best.

It really does highlight what a fucking miracle Ryan Reynolds is as Deadpool, though, doesn't it?
>>
>>90494788
You know, I LOVE him as Deadpool. But the only reason he likes Deadpool, or at the very least got into him, if someone walked up to him on a set one day and pointed out they had referenced him in the comic book.
>>
>>90495045

Well, I mean that may be what introduced him to the character, but obviously if he hadn't fallen in love with the source material on its own merits, I think that would have amounted to him saying "Huh. Neat." and then never sparing it a second thought.

It's obvious that he has a deep respect and affection for the character since then.
>>
>>90492878
You're basing an entire series off a sneak peak
>>
>>90492815
Yeah, I imagine the other suits will have color
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.