[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the hidden OP member of the JLA is J'onn because Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: a2bc0f1622b7274e54dc1af401c6f85a.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
a2bc0f1622b7274e54dc1af401c6f85a.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
>the hidden OP member of the JLA is J'onn because Superman once said he was afraid of him
>the hidden OP member of the JLA is Wonder Woman because she can actually fight and she once managed to beat him up
>the hidden OP member of the JLA is the Flash because Speedforce
>the hidden OP member of the JLA is Plastic Man because Superman once said so

No, fuck you. There's no hidden Op member on the Justice League. It's Superman, it's always been him, and it'll always be him.
Whenever Supes says that he thinks of one of his companions as dangerous, what he's saying is "considering that I'd never, ever, under any circumstances try to kill them nor assault them at full foce, if they got me by surprise they might take me down". And don't get me wrong, just having the chance itself of taking the Superman out is an incredible feat by itself, but under no circumstances does that mean that they're stronger than him, nor would they be able to match him in a full on fight.

If you were to switch off all the goodness in Supes and he went ballistic on everybody, he'd always come on top as the sole winner, as has been seen multiples times through different timelines, alternate realities, or reboots.

Stop the fucking nonsense.
>>
That depends on the incarnation of the League. You can sit around and wank Clark all day, but during the time Kyle was Ion and on the JLA, Superman might as well have been powerless in comparison.
Similarly, when J'onn became the Burning Martian, Superman was immediately and effortlessly neutralized. And not because he was holding back. But because there was not a single thing he could do against an evil J'onn.
>>
>>90477814
I agree. Bastard can tank universes dying, vibrate to the "sound" of the multiverse and beat existential enemies, "Sing" you out of existence... the guy is the most powerful member of the JL.
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 600x921px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 600x921px
It really depends on who the writers favourite is,I've seen flash,Wondy and Bats all taken as the hidden superpower of the team
>>
>>90478167
Pretty much everybody has once been considered like some sort of unexpected overpowered character, but most times than not Supes comes on top, or simply turns out he wasn't actually giving it his all.
>>
As always, it depends on the writer.

I can understand both sides of the argument here.

On the one hand, Martian Manhunter has all of Superman's powers plus more. On the other hand, a good heat vision blast could end him if he didn't go intangible, so it would depend who got the drop on whom.

Wonder Woman has most of his powers, plus combat training to bridge the gap and is more willing to kill if necessary. Yes, I've seen it argued that Superman's strongest feats are way more impressive than WW's. But writers interpretations can be all over the place, it makes no sense that the guy who can push planets can be beat up by a mech-Batsuit, so I think powerlevelwanking is a pointless argument because there are gonna be inconsistencies everywhere. Generally, Supes and WW are close in strength, Superman being stronger but not unbeatably so.

Speed Force is pure bulllshit that can do whatever the writers want.

Plastic Man's powers can be used in all sorts of creative ways and the guy is pretty much unkillable. He's weak to rapidly changing temperatures, so a heat vision/freeze breath combo would fuck him up. But if he got the drop and wound up inside Superman's nose or ear, he could fuck Superman up as well.

A lot of these characters can be close to Superman or could be OHKO by him depending on the writer. It's not like anyone is arguing that Joker or Green Arrow would beat him in a straight up fight.
>>
File: 1487004152686.png (86KB, 410x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487004152686.png
86KB, 410x750px
Agreed, but it's an easy way to sell a character to the audience: let said character beat Superman.
>>
>>90477814
Of course it's always going to be Supes at the end. It's a cycle of the most iconic hero saving the day, which makes him more iconic
>>
>>90477814
In one comic they find all of Batman's counter boxes for all the members of the Justice League should he need to stop them. He hands Wonderwoman's box to Superman and he opens it to find there is nothing in there. Batman states that there is no counter to Wonderwoman. So while she may seem weaker or overshadowed by Superman at times, she has no real counter other than brute strength to stop her.
>>
>>90477814
Well yeah, it would go like
>Superman destroys the earth
>everyone who can survive that superman could beat
Unless some Injustice shit like the Spectre and GLC coming to fight happens, Supes would win.
>>
I like how you left batman out.

It's like the peasants fighting over who's the winning loser
>>
>>90481470
And a few numbers later. Bats pulls a Rope of Lying out of his asshole and incapacitates her.
>>
File: superman's power.jpg (2MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
superman's power.jpg
2MB, 3975x3056px
>>90477814
Of course, everyone knows this. It's just something writers some times do to make their favorites look good, but when the big bad comes knocking you know it's gonna be Superman who steps up.
>>
>>90481470
Batman explicitly said Wonder Woman's counter is Superman.
>>
Supes flew through blackholes for months at a time. The League can suck a dick.

Batman is fucking gay.
>>
>>90481470
Overrating WW as usual. Her rope can be used against her, as seen multiple times, it leaves her powerless.
>>
>>90477814
>hidden Op member on the Justice League

Only thing I'm certain is that it cannot be Superman, even if he's not going all out most of the time, he's still hiding in plainsight.
Man is said to be the measure of all things:
Superman's the very Standard Measurement of being OP.
When they want to show how fast Flash is, they show him as being faster than even Superman.

> Most underrated member would be J'onn imo.
>>
>>90481856
What's this from?
>>
>>90482825
DC You Action Comics I think, the second half
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.