[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Frozen >Zootopia >Moana Is Disney having a second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: GW542H304.jpg (21KB, 542x304px) Image search: [Google]
GW542H304.jpg
21KB, 542x304px
>Frozen
>Zootopia
>Moana

Is Disney having a second Renaissance?
>>
Actually some people call it "revival" era. It started with Tangled and ended with Zootopia.

Tangled is the first movie after the series of experiments that wasn't a box office bomb or a bad movie. Zootopia is the equivalent of Emperors New Groove. The last good movie from the renaissance era. It had similar problems: last minute rewrite, complete change of tone and a documentary. (The sweatbox and Imagining Zootopia) respectively).
Some people say Zootopia was the next Lion King, unfortunately that title belongs to Frozen: a worldwide phenomenon which practically is a really mediocre movie, it's just women really like it for some reason.

Next era is starting with sequels, first Wreck it Ralph , then Gigantic then Frozen 2 then possibly Zootopia 2.
>>
>>90477542
The Disney Renaissance is usually agree to have ended at Tarzan, because of how sharply box office numbers dropped off after that.
>>
>>90477542

I feel like its too soon to declare the era over. Zootopia was only last year. We don't have the perspective yet to be able to look back and say that this is over yet, and more than it would have been justified to say "This is a one time thing" after Tangled.
>>
>Frozen
>good
>>
>Disney renaissance

>No hand drawn animation

Nah
>>
>>90477696

that's why it's called revival Era. So Disney is rich again, not good.

unfortunately thanks to dreamworks and pixar audience is so used to CGI 2D wont make much money.
>>
>>90477684
it's not about good movies, but about a movie that made mad dosh at the box office.

Frozen is overrated garbage for little girls.Problem is it made money because of the villain song.
>>
>>90477542
>not mentioning incredibles 2
>>
File: Incredibles Sequel.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Incredibles Sequel.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>90478204

or Cars 3 or Toy Story 4, who asked for these?

yes, i know, execs that count money.

as for the I2...
>>
>>90478204

I thought the Disney animated canon and Pixar were largely considered distinct entities.
>>
>>90477684

hurr durr i hate popular things
>>
>>90478242
It's funny, I distinctly remember coming away from The Incredibles and thinking "I wonder what they're gonna do in the sequel." I was so sure there was going to be one as a kid.

Needless to say, I'm pretty fucking hyped after all these years.
>>
>>90480310
Frozen wasn't good. Well, it was average. I wouldn't give it more than a 6/10.
>>
>>90476780
more like shitting itself to death, ebola style.
>>
>>90476780

Frozen was a convoluted mess with one good song

Zootopia was good but probably won't become a classic

Moana was decent but didn't seem to have that magic that the 2D renaissance movies had
>>
No mention of Jungle Book?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.