[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix's Iron Fist won’t be wearing his costume (or even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 48

>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume. Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume

>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised. It does become an issue for the character

>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply

http://www.gamesradar.com/netflixs-iron-fist-wont-be-wearing-his-costume-or-even-a-mask-anytime-soon/
>>
>>90450048
Translation: we are embarrassed of our source material
>>
Cant Wait for the comic to follow suit. RIP
>>
>>90450048
I expected as much, particularly with the "hinting" at mysticism.
>>
>>90450109
>>90450109
>>90450109
This.

Iron Fist is also really crap if you're ashamed like this. I mean come on, right?
>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply
It's a guy who mastered magic kung fu in a mystic alien city by punching a dragon in the heart.

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>90450048
>costume
it was a traditional attire fucking retards
>>
>...he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognized.

Which is the point of a mask?
>>
>So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply

Why even watch?
>>
At least Jones himself confirmed the inclusion of Shou-Lao
>>
Why do people life sucking out all the fun of comic book characters and act like it somehow makes it profound and intellectual. Blech yet another Netflix show to not watch. The mystical aspect is exactly what they should be delving into.
>>
>>90450223
It's probably just like a statue he punches to break as a test of his glowing fist I guess.
>>
>>90450224
especialy since dr strange was so successful
>>
File: liartownusa.png (442KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
liartownusa.png
442KB, 1078x729px
I hear in this season they leave the hallway.
>>
>>90450223
>We wanted to keep things extremely grounded so we decided to make Shou-Lao a man with dragon tattoos

>>90450299
TBF Dr. Strange did mostly make magic into some kind of martial art
>>
>budget as low as humanly possible
Ah, the Chi Po discipline!
>>
>>90450337
yea i agree but they did shit like the multi-verse and interdimensional travel look cool
>>
>>90450224

Probably because trying to stick a grown man in green and yellow spandex and a do rag would look ridiculous to most people, the people the show is trying to attract, because there aren't enough fans to actually bother making a show about these characters.

Thats why we always get these semi-armored up suits or costumes that are barely costumes.
>>
>>90450048
Yeah, no shit. A lot of us called this the moment they started talking about it. Iron fist doesn't fit in the world they created, so they were going to change a lot of shit to make it fit.
>>90450299
Strange was fucking boring outside of the 4 minutes trippy scene in the beginning.
>>90450293
If we're lucky. There's definitely not going to be an actual dragon.
>>
>>90450412
They did yeah. Not necessarily arguing with your point, just also making the point that they didn't go wild with the most basic stuff. I agree all the dimensional travel was nicely done.
>>
File: 5deadlyvenoms.jpg (162KB, 1024x1030px) Image search: [Google]
5deadlyvenoms.jpg
162KB, 1024x1030px
>>90450421
I feel like nothing an Iron Fist show could do would be more ridiculous than

1) Agents of SHIELD
2) Anything that's already been done in wuxia films

Why use this hero if you're not interested in the spectacle of it?
>>
>>90450048
>grounded and real
>wont delve into mystical aspect that much
>in a goddamn Iron Fist show

Why
>>
>>90450048
BOOO.
Danny Rand wears a mask not to hide his identity, but because K'un-Lun has masks on just about everybody important.
>>
>>90450421
If your brain is too dumb to experience suspension of disbelief why are you watching superheroes at all? Just go watch some pleb show like Lawn and Order.
>>
>>90450048
>Disney is ashamed they are making money off comics
>more news at 11
>>
File: lee.jpg (162KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lee.jpg
162KB, 1910x1000px
>>90450421
for me most of his costumes looks confy enougth than a real martial artist coud use them
>>
>>90450550
What are you talking about? Who is this Lei-Kung the Thunderer fellow ;^)?
>>
>>90450346
I chuckled.
>>
File: 1434137207274.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434137207274.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>90450048
>no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume
>so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised.
>no good reason for a costume
LMAO. This guy is retarded.
>>
Translation: "We don't really have the budget to do all those special effects, so he's just gonna' be glowy Batman.
>>
>>90450509

Because Marvel wants to push more characters to further draw in more people, without actually making something that is for the people that like this sort of thing.

>>90450551

Hey, I want accurate costumes and all the goofy shit comics do. I'm just saying that they want the, for lack of a better word, "normie" audience. The ones who have no idea who anyone is outside of maybe Batman and Spiderman. The completely clueless shits who, upon seeing Iron Fist, would dismiss it as "kiddie power ranger shit with some fag in a green onesie".
>>
>>90450598
Shut the fuck up, retard tripfag.
>>
File: dexter.gif (2MB, 322x179px) Image search: [Google]
dexter.gif
2MB, 322x179px
>Scott Buck did something retarded
Wow.
Feel free to read this post in Michael C. Hall's unnecessary exposition monotone
>>
>>90450598
Batman actually had a costume. This will just be vigilante homeless guy punching stuff and making it break, like luke cage and jessica jones and daredevil before it.
>>
>>90450616
>push more characters to further draw in more people, without actually making something that is for the people that like this sort of thing
The results: >>90442549
>>
>>90450048
I liked the first season of Arrow, but I have no desire to watch it again.
>>
>>90450616
If they can accept Spider-man's costume whose just about the only hero to ever have his costume accurately represented why can't they accept Iron Fists? In what way is it any sillier then Spider-mans?
>>
File: Iron1.jpg (65KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
Iron1.jpg
65KB, 500x507px
>>90450421
It would be absurdly easy to redesign the costume in a way that works very well in live action. Why would you think it needs to be spandex in the first place here?
>>
>>90450691

People aren't rational, is the thing. They accept Spiderman because Spiderman is well known-And their friends probably like it too, which in turn makes it acceptable for them to like it. Same way they accept Batman, and Superman.

Iron Fist isn't well known outside of the comic reading community.
>>
>>90450109
As well they should be. Just because you have to dress your story and directing in some infantile IP in order to get networks to buy it and gullible herd animals in the seats doesn't mean you have to wear the dunce cap they supplied.
>>
>>90450048
Eh, disappointing to be honest. I'm sure it won't affect my enjoyment whilst watching this, but then it's not really 'Iron Fist' anymore.
>>
>>90450843
>enjoyment
Optimistic, are we?
>>
>>90450873
Nothing has yet proven to me this'll be bad.
>>
Why didn't they just use his ultimate costume?

Also DD basically had his mask in S1 without the eyeholes. I don't see the big deal.
>>
File: 590.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
590.png
345KB, 640x480px
>>90450048
>no costume
>grounded and real

What's even the point
>>
>>90450843
It stopped being Iron Fist when they removed the revenge motive from his origin
>>
>>90450912
Not even the fact that the last time its showrunner was put in charge of a show, that show became a joke among pretty much everyone?
I don't fucking trust that guy, he's an idiot.
>>
File: ko.jpg (120KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
ko.jpg
120KB, 759x500px
>>90450703
i liked the track suit in this run
>>
File: reaction dc gotham.jpg (24KB, 493x545px) Image search: [Google]
reaction dc gotham.jpg
24KB, 493x545px
>>90450048
>>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume.
>>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised. It does become an issue for the character.

Are they literally stupid????
>>
>>90451004
Slav Fist
>>
>>90450991
Some people like to reserve judgment until they've actually had a chance to experience the product.
>>
Really? They couldn't just put him in a green gi with a yellow sash and mask? There's no fucking excuse.
>>
>September 2017
>EW.COM EXCLUSIVE: IRON FIST COSTUME FIRST LOOK, NEW DAREDEVIL AND SIGOURNEY WEAVER CONFIRMED AS FIN FANG FOOM
>>
File: 1412779368157.jpg (43KB, 377x404px) Image search: [Google]
1412779368157.jpg
43KB, 377x404px
>>90451064
>SIGOURNEY WEAVER CONFIRMED AS FIN FANG FOOM
>>
>>90451064
i would be extremely happy whit this
>>
>>90451038
Alright, fair enough.
>>
>>90451110
I feel like she's one of the few big name actors who will do projects just for fun.
>>
>>90451094
Defenders is the "last" of the original announcements. Why not just go fucking nuts?
>>
File: kindofwant.png (31KB, 364x316px) Image search: [Google]
kindofwant.png
31KB, 364x316px
>>90451064
>>
>>90451064
In the last act, she'll rip off her shirt and there will be a tattoo of Foom and she'll yell out "I am the Fin Fang Foom!"
>>
>>90450048
>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume.
>he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised.
What I'm getting from this is that he'll get a costume/mask after he starts actually doing hero shit and acclimates to New York again, no idea why they'd directly contradict themselves otherwise.
>>
>>90450048
>no good reason to put him in a mask and costume
>proceeds to give a very good reason as to why he should wear a mask and costume
Kinda getting mixed signals here.
>>
File: 1482947181906.jpg (55KB, 479x592px) Image search: [Google]
1482947181906.jpg
55KB, 479x592px
>>90450048
Fucking hell. I was looking forward to this since Daredevil season 1. So damn disappointing. Just like everything Marvel produces these days.
>>
>>90451222
>Grim and Gritty Fin Fang Foom is a call for help as she saunters around drunk in a pair of purple shorts, drinking grain alcohol and spitting it at candles
>It takes all four Defenders combined to fight her
>Beats her only once they remember Jessica can drink like a fish
>Luke and Danny sit back to watch a drunken catfight; Matt looks off a rooftop waiting for a sign that Karen or Elektra or whoever is not-dead/dead/a Hand Ninja/whatever.

Still can't wait for whenever Frank gets announced this year.
>>
Man I'm tired of Netflix Marvel and their obsession with grounding everything and being ashamed of the superhero aspect.

That stuff works for Punisher and Jessica Jones, but not for Iron Fist.
>>
>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume
How about the fact it's the ceremonial costume of Iron Fist, the most prestigious warrior in K'un-Lun?
>>
>>90451395
a man in a deep-V spandex suit with a yellow sash walks up to you in flats.

how long does it take for you to stop laughing or walk away avoiding how much of his chest you can see?
>>
>Luke Cage successfully adapts Diamondback's jumpsuit, then gives him a goofy looking helmet on top of that
>Iron Fist is too afraid to put a man in a mask
>the same kind of mask that Daredevil wore for the entirety of season 1
>>
>>90451389
Marvel Netflix takes stuff too seriously and Marvel Studios doesn't take stuff seriously enough. Luckily, we've got Inhumans on the way to save us with the perfect middle-ground.
>>
File: photo.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>>90451038
Have you tried drinking this product yet? I heard it's delicious, but you never know til you try it right?
>>
>>90451501
How long do you keep laughing after he crushes your rib cage with a single punch?
>>
>>90451501
Because people feel that exact same way when it comes to batman, or spiderman, or captain america, or...
>>
>>90451501
I don't know if you've noticed this, but live action adaptions of superhero characters often redesign the heroes costume in ways that fit the medium.
>>
>>90451550
You're funny, anon.
>>
>>90451501
Why would I laugh at him?
In the real world, I'd know he's dressed as Iron Fist.
In the world that appears in the MCU, I would assume he's a superhero because superheroes exist there.
>>
>>90451579
And you're adorable. After all, a guy dressed up in an american flag motif would NEVER work in todays oh wait a minute...
>>
>>90451529
exactly long enough to muster one last "Ha" before succumbing to my wounds.
>>
Please, no one watch this so they don't do this shit again.
>>
File: LossOfFaith.png (280KB, 671x747px) Image search: [Google]
LossOfFaith.png
280KB, 671x747px
>>90451518
>Inhumans on the way

Still can't believe they're wasting time with that shit. Just accept it Marvel, no one will ever be interested in these 3rd stringer Not-Mutants, and you're never getting X-Men back from Fox no matter how much you try to devalue them.
>>
>>90450818
I hope you realize that this attitude is why I, Robot was a steaming pile of shit. You shouldn't just slap an IP's name on something barely, if at all, related and then act like people are being fags when they're upset you lied to them.
>>
>>90451605
We should go out.
>>
>billionaire martial arts master

hmmmmmmMMMMMMMM

really judo chops my wooden boards
>>
>>90451629
Yeah, that's going to happen.
>>
>>90450048
>is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be

Oh, so it's another badly paced, long and boring origin story. Thanks for the heads up, Marvel, won't watch it.
>>
>>90451593
because strange things can be funny?

Also, in MCU World, every hero aside from the New Yorkers is larger-than-life. Ghost Rider is a rumor and most of it's been explained away as Ancient Aliens.
>>
>>90451675
>falling for such obvious bait
>>
>>90450048
>reversed colours
AGH MY EYES
>>
It's like they thought keeping him white would mean no one would care if they changed everything else.
>>
File: 438288-2008_07_05_134649.jpg (162KB, 783x635px) Image search: [Google]
438288-2008_07_05_134649.jpg
162KB, 783x635px
>Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume

You know, I can buy this. If they're adapting Immortal Iron Fist/Immortal Weapons (and I really, sincerely hope that is the case), then we have to admit that the whole "costume" thing never really worked, anyway.

I have a theory that down the line, though, they'll find a way to work the costume as part of the theatricality and ceremony that comes with being K'un-Lun's champion- battle dressing for the tournament in the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, a lot of pageantry that ties into the history of the Iron Fist and K'un-Lun herself, basically.

When you consider that, strictly speaking, Danny didn't actually learn his own history and truly "buy into" the venerable history of the Iron Fist's legacy until well after he'd returned to New York and done his whole "Heroes for Hire/Defenders" thing, it makes sense that he wouldn't bother with any of the trappings yet.

That's if they bother to trying writing the costume in at all, anyway. Personally, I could live without it. Like I said, I don't think it ever really worked in modern Iron Fist without some serious mental gymnastics.
>>
>>90450048
>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real
It's literally ok when Marvel does it.
>>
>>90450421
>Probably because trying to stick a grown man in green and yellow spandex and a do rag would look ridiculous to most people, the people the show is trying to attract, because there aren't enough fans to actually bother making a show about these characters.
Then make a show about something else. If you aren't going to respect that source material, then why are you even bothering to adapt it into a show?
>>
>>90452227
If these shows premises where pitched without the attached superhero names noone would care or thing they be good shows. Slap the superhero names over characters and suddenly its brilliant storytelling, expect its not, its using beloved character to sell a boring grounded depressing show. No one started reading superheroes because they wanted a realistic interpretation of crime fighting.
>>
>>90452081
What the fuck are you even talking about?
Danny was raised in K'un-Lun and dressed in their fashions for ten whole years. Their culture was his culture.
When he became the Iron Fist, he donned its ceremonial attire.

The only reason he didn't learn his own history is because the guy before him stole the book and ran away.
>>
>>90452448
There's a difference between dressing in traditional K'un-Lun clothing (like the outfit in the OP, for example) and the ridiculous pageantry of the Iron Fist costume.

The costume's part of the history he doesn't know or even have access to. That could be a reason why it's not included, and a reason why it's introduced later.
>>
>>90452179
this is a thread of people saying it's not ok though
>>
How the fuck is he going to get the power of the Iron Fist and not wear the outfit of the Iron Fist.

He's not just Daredevil who decided to start doing it one day. The costume comes with the power.

It's like being given a Green Lantern ring and saying na just my white T and jeans I'm not ready for the outfit.
>>
>>90452227
>If you aren't going to respect that source material, then why are you even bothering to adapt it into a show?

Tell that to pretty much every single show, book, and movie adaption of a comic book.
>>
>>90452717
Tbf you could do that as a GL if you put a logo on the front, don't need a full costume. Arisia has her nonstandard dress.
>>
>>90452638
The Iron Fist isn't a fucking secret, you dope.
Everyone has heard of them. They hold contests to decide which of their warriors will be chosen to face Shou Lao in battle. Not having the biography of all the previous holders of the title doesn't make him an ignorant foreigner who came for the power and peaced out.
>>
>>90452737
But I do that all the time
>>
File: Other-Iron-Fists-578x250[1].png (302KB, 578x250px) Image search: [Google]
Other-Iron-Fists-578x250[1].png
302KB, 578x250px
>>90452797

Guy does it too but as a GL it's turning your own personal preference into a GL uniform.

Iron Fists do the same
>>90450703
>>90452081

Which is why it makes no logical sense for Danny to not wear anything related to the legacy of the Iron Fiat whatsoever.
>>
>>90451004

Seriously Danny's costume has to be one of, if not the most realistic costumes out there. It's a track suit he added a logo and popping collar too, and a bandana he uses as a mask with holes cut into it. It's absurd that they can't make that work. It's just a blatant lie really.
>>
>>90450048
>people are actually shocked by this

You should know better by now.
>>
all the Netflix shows are fucking lame
I wish Danny could be on Agents of SHIELD instead
>>
>>90450703
>turban

he's not Pajeet Fist
>>
>>90450048
Why couldn't they just invert the colors on this robe and put a yellow Daredevil protosuit mask on him?

I'm only letting this go since he might have one in Defenders but this is bullshit
>>
>>90450223
Didn't someone leak it was a dream sequence?
>>
File: 693465927.jpg (89KB, 663x960px) Image search: [Google]
693465927.jpg
89KB, 663x960px
>>90450048
I completely agree with this decision! it's absolutely ridiculous to think an adult would be wearing some kind of weird costume while they are doing martial arts!
complete nonsense to think they would want to wear some kind of a rugged but well fitting colorful robe to protect them but not hinder their movements
complete fiction. What's next, some kind of decorative sash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ZUhCVPFm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txcGJmnjvVI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZgicXrR2uE
>>
>>90450616
>The ones who have no idea who anyone is outside of maybe Batman and Spiderman. The completely clueless shits who, upon seeing Iron Fist, would dismiss it as "kiddie power ranger shit with some fag in a green onesie".
Are you from 2002?
>>
Man I kinda hope they do make the Netflix shows retroactively non-canon if Studios doesn't already, Iron Fist needs the budget to do a proper adaptation it seems.

I hope Gunn gets to do his Moon Knight film/show to get them to reconsider
>>
>>90450048
We have a guy running around as the devil and before that he literally wore a black outfit resembling Danny's costume silhouette. How they think they can't pull it off even with some tweaking is beyond stupid.
>>
>>90450148
Even ignoring the magic shit, it's a kung fu character created during the kung fu fad of the 70s. Who wants to watch "grounded character drama" with that? You don't even have to go overly mystical, just make it a martial arts adventure series with bitchin' action scenes (chases, fights, etc.) and some eastern philosophy and you're good. Make it more of an updated Kung Fu than generic TV drama except this guy's a martial artist.
>>
>>90455372
Expecting Netflix Marvel to doing something creative is far too hopeful at this point. You'll take your joyless TV drama and you'll like it.
>>
>>90450048
I hate the trend of making superhero costumes not costumes. They’re not realistic but that was never the point.
There’s a reason why most costumes are the way they are.
Superheroes wear bright colors because it pops on the pages, simple skintight designs so it’s easier on the artists, and stuff like capes and sashes because they add a dynamic look to action poses.

Making costumes baggy and/or with pointless details (seams, lines, zippers, hexagon patterns, etc) is essentially telling your artists that you hate them.
>>
Daredevil is gonna look pretty stupid fighting alongside 3 (or more) plain clothes heroes.
>>
File: Cannot Fathom.jpg (38KB, 490x326px) Image search: [Google]
Cannot Fathom.jpg
38KB, 490x326px
>>90450109
Real talk: Iron Fist has a hilariously stupid costume. He literally wears ballerina slippers.
>>
>>90456960
How is lightweight footwear stupid?
>>
>>90450048
Concern this will suck is rising...

The reason he wore the Iron Fist outfit was because it was the traditional garb of the Iron Fist. His master wore a similar mask, and the leader of Kun Lun wore a Cobra Commander like mask because his face was too great to be seen.
>>
>>90450310
theres usually no slow mo though
>>
File: 16.png (61KB, 1354x889px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
61KB, 1354x889px
>>90456960
Real talk: Batman has a hilariously stupid costume. He literally wears tights and a stupid cape.
>>
File: 1455201172834.jpg (84KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
1455201172834.jpg
84KB, 435x326px
>>90450048
>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised. It does become an issue for the character
yeah because there are NO billionaire superheros who mask their identity successfully from the public.

NONE AT ALL!
>>
>>90456670
i would bet real money that were will be a defenders scene where he steps out in costume and the other three just make fun of him for it.
>>
>>90456960
Of ALL the stupid shit in /co/ costumes in the world, this really isn't one of them.
>>
>>90450637
Oh fuck! This is the same producer than turned Dexter to shit after the fourth season?
>>
>>90450048
Ironically, in the original book, it was the reverse, where Danny never took the mask off for a few issues, after failing to get his revenge, but putting down the ninja who killed Meachum. They COULD'VE done a series where he tries to rediscover who Danny Rand is, but they decided to shit on that concept.
>>
> No Misty
> No costume

Why even bother?
>>
>>90450048
RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>90451501
how about the fact that karate gi's look fucking stupid if you have no idea what they are and iron fist costume at best is a guy doing kungfu in a track suit
>>
File: Rand-K'ai sketch.jpg (328KB, 1334x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Rand-K'ai sketch.jpg
328KB, 1334x1920px
>>
File: Rand-K'ai.jpg (209KB, 689x736px) Image search: [Google]
Rand-K'ai.jpg
209KB, 689x736px
like come the fuck on
>>
File: Danny, Masters of Kung Fu.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Danny, Masters of Kung Fu.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>
File: IronFist---edi-torres.png (39KB, 434x551px) Image search: [Google]
IronFist---edi-torres.png
39KB, 434x551px
>>
>>90450048
DROPPED.
>>
>>90450048
Just have his chi shroud his head in flames resembling the mask whenever he does an absurdly powerful limit break super attack.
>>
This looks like such a boring adapration of Iron Fist.
You could've went full 80's with it, but no that'd be too silly
You could've went full Immortal with the mysticism, but no that'd be too expensive AND too silly
He'll you could've went edgy and been inspired The Living Weapon, but that's too edgy, too expensive (I don't care what anyone says, that exosuit was sick) AND too silly.

So instead you when with the safest and most boring.
Now Wendell wasn't crazy, he was just unlucky.
Now Danny isn't seeking revenge because it was just a plane crash, he's taking back what's his.
Now K'un L'un is just a couple huts in the himaleyas.
Now all the Iron Fist is is a super hard punch, with no other chi related abilities

>>90459203
No can do since the Iron Fist effect is now a yellow Xray gloe, not flame.
>>
>>90458594

>gis look fucking stupid

As a karatefag who took karate, I can agree with this 100%. They're surprisingly comfortable as sleep-wear though.
>>
>>90450048
Has the honeymoon period for Netflix marvel ended? Do we not love it anymore?
When did that happen then? Was it Daredevil season 2 or the third time Kilgrave escaped in Jessica Jones?
>>
File: trash.gif (765KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
765KB, 360x202px
>>90450048
welp
>>
>>90459836
second half of derdavil season 2 shit shinked harder than the titanic
>>
>an opportunity to do cool mystic kung fu shit
>instead they make Daredevil 2: Electric Boogapoo

why are these writers so fucking dull?
>>
>>90450048
>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe he sees the likes of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Captain America on the news and since he's still a kid at heart, he decides he wants in on that.
>>
>>90450048
maybe they'll give him a green hoodie or something
>>
>>90450109
fpbp
>>
>>90455372
Grounded character drama is cheaper and easier to make and people will applaud it anyway, why bother?
>>
>>90460023
Woah, son. Superheroes are an outlandish and out there concept in this world where the Avengers saved the world from an alien invasion/robot uprising and are generally public figures for the last five years.
>>
>>90450048
>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real
if I Wanted that I would GO OUTSIDE
>>
>>90460023
this could work
>>90460574
hey, Danny could have spent his youth enjoying whatever they have for comics and cartoons on that world
>>
>>90458646
What book was this from? I thought Iron Fist was only in the Secret Love one-shot.
>>
>>90460993
>He didn't read Masters of Kung Fu
Sweet Christmas
>>
>>90460185
>maybe they'll give him a green hoodie or something
And a yellow converse.
>>
>>90461046
Because I know jack shit about Shang-Chi besides "basically Bruce Lee", yes. I'll get to him eventually.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1280x984px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1280x984px
>>90461118
It's like the Immortal Weapons tournument turned up to 11, with Shang as the progagonist

You could read this Battlewstory without knowing much about him, just know your characters

it's pretty neat
>>
>>90450109
Yup. Knew it was going to happen. Dropped like it's hot.
>>
>>90450421
Then don't adapt a comic about a man in bright colors with powers taken from fighting a dragon in a magic city with enemies like Scythe and Triple Man.
>>
>>90461216
what is the title? i cant find it
>>
>>90451514
>the same kind of mask that Daredevil wore for the entirety of season 1

That's actually a possibility as to why they didn't do it, worrying that people might compare it to DD season 1.
>>
>>90450153
>Why even watch?
>>90450048

Yeah we are currently FOUR Netflix series in and we already have bloodsucking ninjas and full costume Daredevil and all the ridiculously funky stuff in Luke Cage.

Why would they hold back on the costumes and ninja stuff like it's the first time?
>>
>>90461216
nvm i found it
>>
>Logan thread
>WHERES THE COSTUME WHY CANT FOX BE LIKE MARVEL
>Iron Fist thread
>This is okay you guys I d-didnt want the costume anyways its too silly for live action theyre going for a more serious realistic tone you guys

Really makes you think
>>
Why even make it a fucking Iron Fist show, then?

Jesus Christ, every new Netflix Marvel show is more and more embarrassed at its source material and I can't figure out why. People don't want "grounded" and "gritty" realism. They want a dude in a green and gold kung-fu outfit beating the shit out of people with his magic Bruce Lee moves.
>>
>>90451004

How is PM&IF anyway? I read the first issue and it didn't really grab me. Does it pick up?
>>
>>90457802
those are fa
where 2 cop?
>>
>>90462333
its ok for the most part but in the civil war tie in they talk about profiling and shit, aleast finish the first ark i enjoy it
>>
>>90457984
Yup.
Hence why Iron Fist isn't giving me any confidence.
>>
>>90450048
Well now that's just lazy. They found a way to give Diamondback his costume.
>>
>>90459836
For a minority of people, sure. There's still tons of people who say JJ is better than Daredevil (I'm not one of 'em, though).
>>
>>90459836
Jessica Jones existing in the first place was enough for me.
>>
>>90462181
I don't think you're reading this thread.
>>
>>90463407
Ignore and report, anon.
These meme-spewing /tv/ monkeys will keep flinging shit if you pay them attention.
>>
>Daredevil, a character who lends himself well to gritty, grounded storytelling has a successful series
>retarded producers decide that all series from then on must also be gritty and grounded
Fuck everything
>>
>>90457739
>Daredevil: I don't see what's wrong with it!
>>
>>90458883
This leather swimsuit makes him look gay as fuck, and the mask looks like an ayyy lmao. Pure crap.
>>
>>90450048
Dropped desu..
Shame.
>>
>>90450048
>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a mask or a costume
>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised. It does become an issue
What the KEK?
He has no reason to put on a mask. If only there were some way to conceal his identity...
SERIOUSLY?!
>>
>Blonde Daredevil
>>
>>90450048
So why the fuck didn't you just adapt Shang-Chi or someone else more budget friendly? Hell, why even include the mysticism if you can't/won't do it justice?

Netflix was a fucking mistake. I remember how everyone was so hyped up we were getting shows tonally different from the MCU. Now look. All they did was trade one tonal monotony for another.
>>
>>90462181
Who even said that in here?
>>
>>90450048
is this the new smallville?
>>
>Make superhero TV show
>"We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real"
why?
>>
>>90464301
Blame Nolan.
Aping him is a cool thing to do, apparently.
>>
>>90450109
basically
>>
>>90450048
>shou-lao isn't a literal dragon
>it's an organization with a strong leader he has to fight at the end
>>
File: 10246615_ori.jpg (120KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
10246615_ori.jpg
120KB, 600x255px
>>90464301
Because too far in the opposite direction can destroy a franchise.
>>
This doesn't bother me because I'm not autistic.
>>
Just give a fucking yellow bandanna at least.

Goddamn.
>>
>>90450346
underrated
>>
>>90464429
There's this amazing thing called the middle fucking ground
>>
>>90451528
That product is released and reviewed along with having plenty of word of mouth, so you're kinda missing the point in their logic about this show not being out yet
>>
>>90451675
I, Robot was cyberkino
>>
>>90455372
Kung fu films weren't that popular compared to other genres like gangster films
Comic book writers were just too poor to see anything but matinees
>>
>>90450109
Well, forget this one I guess...
>>
>>90450048

Horseshit. They are embarassed of costume antics.
>>
>>90450148
glad somebody gets it
>>
>>90450048
>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire

Wow its like they have a perfectly good justification for him to don a costume sitting right in front of them and they're refusing to use it.
>>
>>90450224

Because they have a gripping period drama script and they are going to make everything pretentious until it's made.
>>
>>90464796
Never heard of it.
>>
>>90450048

Sounds like so much of Iron Fist's story is being changed that this should just be Shang-Chi instead
>>
File: cagefist.jpg (132KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
cagefist.jpg
132KB, 600x906px
>>90450048

This would've been a perfect look for the character. Harkens to the classic look but not outrageous
>>
File: Exploding-Head.jpg (196KB, 595x790px) Image search: [Google]
Exploding-Head.jpg
196KB, 595x790px
>>90450048
>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume. Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume
>Wears nothing but the costume in the the early comics, signifying his training to be the Iron Fist, and his arival from a strange land
>finally removes his mask when he's ready to rejoin the world as Danny Rand, showing him acclimating to modern Earth society
Motherfuckers, there's not good reason for you NOT to have him in a costume.
You're just copping out trying to make it look good. I knew this would happen when they started trying to make all the Netflix shows Daredevil-style grittiness, I knew the grounded approach would screw over Iron Fist, and they should too, and know better.
>>
>>90463893
I'm actually pretty baffled by that. That level of narrative stupidity (or is it being willfully obtuse to hide their timidness about going full comic book) is just baffling. It's certainly not a convincing excuse.
>>
>>90466436
It's called the actual MCU.
>>
>>90451514

I think they are dancing around the fact they have a micro budget.
>>
>>90450048
More than the costume, I think the biggest issue is that he was severely miscast.
>>
File: leikung1.jpg (29KB, 400x190px) Image search: [Google]
leikung1.jpg
29KB, 400x190px
>>90452638
>ridiculous pageantry of the Iron Fist costume.

They wear similar costumes in the city.

That whole 'history he doesn't know' makes it sound like he has no memory of ten years of training. That would be really stupid.
>>
>>90457612

These days it's a lightweight tactical armor.
>>
>>90467432
There's no defending the cape though.
>>
They said there's no reason YET, you over-reactive idiots.
>>
>>90467467

It breaks up his body outline.
>>
>>90467485

Yeah there is. It's a suit from K'un-L'un. It's a garb from the land that he wears, not just someting he makes up.
>>
>>90466436
>t. capeshit producer
>>
>>90458850
>he actually shouts out kiai as his kiai
Kek.
>>
>>90468288
I thought the trope was called kiai because of that.
>>
>>90468437
>trope
It's not a fucking trope, it's a martial arts term.
>>
>Agents of SHIELD
CW tier retard trash.
Why do faggots want this to matter at all in MCU, thank god Marvel Studios haven't included that gay cancer.
Now the real question is when Netflix marvel gonna show up in Marvel Movies.
>>
>>90468468
kay, whatever.
>>
>>90468527
Go back to tvtropes if you can't stop thinking of things in those terms.
>>
>>90456960
They are kung fu shoes you uncultured fuck.
>>
>>90466768
>It's called the actual MCU.
>LITERALY DIRECTED BY A GUY WHO BELIVED YOU NEED A JOKE IN EVERY TENSE SITUATION SO YOU NEVER ACTUALLY FELT ANY TENSION
>MIDDLE GROUND
NAH
>>
>>90471143
The MCU isn't literally directed by any one person. Whedon was creative oversight but left after AoU.

I hate to break it to you, but you don't have some cackling hack writer personally making these movies just to spite you.
>>
Just like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Luke Cage, and Daredevil; Marvel continues to not bother with following literally any part of the comics

At least we can give Suicide Squad and Justice League that
>>
>>90471176
Captain America(Brubakers) and Daredevil(Miller) follows comics better than Suicide Squad, which is nothing like Ostrander or even the New52 run
>>
>>90471188
Suicide Squad had Katana with a real soulsword, nothing in the MCU is remotely close to that level of camp
>>
>>90471176
True, they don't follow the comic either. At least everyone is on the same page.
>>
>>90452081
I could defo see Danny getting the mask from Orson.
>>
>>90451859
Lol you didn't lie.

>People spent all that time defending Danny against falsehoods, and they drastically change him anyway...
>>
File: 1476593379105.jpg (85KB, 796x556px) Image search: [Google]
1476593379105.jpg
85KB, 796x556px
>>90450048
>Iron Fist
>no costume
>barely any mystic shit
>shit fight scenes
>>
>>90471196
Vision's existence.
>>
>>90462333

It picks up a little, but never really gets particularly good. Danny is also written too much like the idiot sidekick while Luke is the straight man.
>>
>>90460860
>>
>>90471434
There's moments were Danny gets serious but they're too inoften .
>>
>>90467467
Its bullet proof and fire resistant you faget
>>
>>90451141

I definitely belive that after Cabin In The Woods
>>
File: 1467998899895.jpg (43KB, 442x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467998899895.jpg
43KB, 442x500px
>>90451222
L-lewd.
>>
>>90471196
Ant-Man managing to be Ant-themed in the movies is pretty campy.
>>
>>90460860
Kek.
>>
>>90450048
Well if recognition is an issue it's a good thing he wears a fucking mask
>>
>>90463494
So, they did the DCEU approach?
>>
I understand, would never work, that's why Spider-man, Dare Devil, Batman, Superman, etc don't wear one in their respective series/movies, because it's silly.
>>
>>90460992
They don't have TVs in K'un-Lun.

>Then again, Danny still harbours an iPod. So, who know...?
>>
>It's literally what Matt was wearing for almost all the first season of DD but in green and yellow
>"Wouldn't work, sorry, too silly"
FUCK OFF
Thank god I cancelled my subscription with them long ago
>>
>>90467197
Is your grievance that he's a Twink, or that he's white? Or, rare that I've seen, is it his acting you're doubting?
>>
>>90473773
I honestly would have thought Netflix would be more bold in its superhero costume design.
>>
>No mask because silly
>"Hey, isn't that Daniel Rand the millionaire? yeah, and he has powers and knows martial arts, he's practicing vigilantism!"
I thought he wasn't literally retarded, only figuratively, well, I guess I was proven wrong
>>
File: daredevil-fight.jpg (228KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-fight.jpg
228KB, 1000x600px
Woah man, so ridiculous, imagine someone wearing something like that on TV
>>
>>90473866
But anon, we're not talking about goofy fun-loving Daredevil here, we're talking about totally serious mystical kung fu. Nobody will take fictional martial arts seriously if you dress it up in yellow and shit.
>>
>>90458230
>Misty

That's gonna be awkward, as Danny is smashing Colleen in Iron Fist.
>>
>>90473754
I meant his childhood in New York before the accident
>>
>>90473909
Not just yellow. Fuck, right shades of green are some of the least gaudy colors around.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1200x1836px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1200x1836px
>>90473984
His pre-K'un-Lun life is vague. Though, I assume that will change in the show. After the thwarted revenge attempt he spends time getting to know who Danny Rand actually /is/. He was the Iron Fist first and Danny Rand second. After spending his life training, then becoming a "Living Weapon", he then tries to discover his purpose as Danny Rand. In the show though, it's completely different because he wants to get his family legacy back. It's ashame they've changed that, because it made him really unique. He just sounds like Marvel's Green Arrow, now.
>>
>>90474076
Don't you know that green is considered unlucky in theater?
No, I'm sorry, it's impossible.
>>
>>90473984
Plus, you said "on that world", so I presumed K'un-Lun.
>>
File: FWAK.png (124KB, 225x304px) Image search: [Google]
FWAK.png
124KB, 225x304px
>>90474212
yeah I reread that this morning and realized what I had done

I meant "on that world" like the MCU in general but considering who I was talking about I should have been specific
>>
>>90474244
Hahaha, Ok, Anon. I think I understand now, maybe if you said "/in/ that world" communication would have been clearer.
>>
File: IMG_2248.jpg (15KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2248.jpg
15KB, 250x187px
>>90450048
I called it a mile away. I said specifically that Marvel is going to ruin their shows the same way they are the MCU movies: They made a good product that was popular, so instead of looking at the idea of making more movies/shows faithful to their respective material, they just take the exact same outline and mutilate other material to match it.

When I said this I got called a DCuck, now look at what we got.
>>
>>90455372
Honestly, Kung Fu should've been the model.
>>
>>90451514
that was one of the worst part of what was the worse MCU netflix series.

DD Season 1 > DD Season 2 > Jessica Jones > Luke Cage
>>
>>90450048
>>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters.

Iron fist is literally a kung fuxploitation character.
>>
>>90463658
>Tilt mask eyes about 45 degrees
>Remove leather cup
wow i should design for marvel

Really though, that design has a solid base, it just needs a slight tweak
>>
How is it DareDevil is literally the only good thing they've pumped out?

Cage was the pinnacle of MEH, Jennifer Literally Who at least had Tennant, and now this shit.

What happened??
>>
File: thank you wesley.jpg (206KB, 592x2008px) Image search: [Google]
thank you wesley.jpg
206KB, 592x2008px
but will there be memes?
>>
>>90476755
>Jenniffer literally who

Lol'd.
>>
With all of the "white-washing" misnomers and bullshit outrage you expected them to dress their straight white male up as a fucking ninja. Not just that, a ninja that looks like fucking gay zorro?

Seriously?

Yes, I WANT to see Iron Fist on screen but you guys expected them to give us Iron Fist when they decided to pull a Fox and make a joke out of the comic costume in Cage?
>>
Let's be real here.
They're going to put him in the costume in the final episode.
That's their thing now.
>>
>>90480387
what about luke cage?
>>
>>90480715
Luke Cage doesn't have a costume. same with Jess.
>>
>>90458929
Fetal alcohol syndrome?
>>
>>90480772
>Luke Cage doesn't have a costume

Neither does Danny Rand, then, I guess.
>>
>>90480715
He gets his yellow shirt.
>>
>>90450310
i would watch this desu
>>
File: super.jpg (48KB, 512x310px) Image search: [Google]
super.jpg
48KB, 512x310px
>>90473271
Man, I used to bust one to this pic so many times
>>
>>90481890
It was a gag though.

Luke Cage didn't "get his yellow shirt" or headband in the same way Daredevil is in his suit or punisher wears his "costume". He wore it just for the writers to make the joke about it.
>>
>>90482677
I wasn't taking about the 70's silk shirt. I was talking about his modern yellow cotton T-shirt.
>>
Did anyone see Blackbolt's "costume"?
>>
>>90485137
That was Black Bolt? I thought it was some sort of gay biker gang member.
>>
>>90450048

They should've gotten a better actor man.
>>
>>90485501
Lol. I hope there's more to it than that. I wanna know what the rest looks like.
>>
*dabs*
>>
I remember a time people would talk about how the MCU embraces its comic roots.
>>
>>90450048

I am not a sjw, but I simply refuse to watch Tom Cruise being a samurai, Matt Damon in the wall of China, or stuff like this, even if the comic book character is also white.
>>
>>90488738
That's fine but it's kind of irrelevant to the matter at hand, this thread is about lack of accuracy to comics not a casting debate
>>
>>90488738
>>90488802

plus only one of his two examples is white washing, the other was a Chinese movie that wanted a big name american actor, and got international release instead of just release in china.
>>
>>90488898
The Last Samurai isn't "White Washing" either.

For one, The title of the film isn't suppose to be directly referring to Tom Cruise's Character. The Title is referring to Ken Watanabe's Character. And perhaps it could be read as Plural so that it might refer to the entire Samurai Village in general as the plural for "Samurai" is "Samurai".

Second, the film was based on Jules Brunet, a French Military officer who helped the Shogun during the Boshin War.

So I fail to see how this is a "White Washed" movie.
>>
>>90450148
we already have Daredevil for normie "kungfu"
>>
>>90489560
People who cry "whitewashing" are far too stupid to put enough thought into anything to realize what your said is true.
>>
>>90466862

I bought a pretty spot on Iron Fist mask custom from a Lucha Libre website for 59$

Surely Marvel could afford that?
>>
This sounds really superficial, but this news killed a lot of enthusiasm/interest I had for this show. If hes not geared up ready to fight crime then whats the fucking point?
>>
>>90488738
I guess you will not watch Silence because it has white people in japan right?

Jesus fucking christ what a sad pathetic life.
>>
>>90450048
So I guess season 2 then? They're saying he's not there yet in this stage of his superhero career
>>
>>90488738
Danny's not like that, though.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.