[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>show is about a fat, obnoxious retard >absolutely nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: clarence_560x230.png (85KB, 560x230px)
clarence_560x230.png
85KB, 560x230px
>show is about a fat, obnoxious retard
>absolutely nothing is going on
>characters are atrocious
I gave it a go.
I gave it ten. It is hot steaming garbage
>>
File: 1470595957678.jpg (72KB, 509x409px)
1470595957678.jpg
72KB, 509x409px
I WANNA PLOW KIMBY
>>
Probably just don't like SoL
>>
>>90441916
>dude slice of life lmao
No, fuck off.
If I wanted to watch something with absolutely nothing going for it, I would have become a teacher.
>>
>>90441951
That's what the genre is you dumb cunt, never said you had to like it.
>>
>>90442063
>I encourage televised paint drying
Should have said "I would tune into watching your life"
>>
>>90441847
OP here, forgot to mention I was talking about my life, pic is unrelated.
>>
File: ok.jpg (8KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
8KB, 271x186px
Okay, I can understand why people might not see the appeal of this show but wouldn't believe that this show could be considered trash.

Yes, I understand that Clarence can be lowbrow and spontaneous, but not always! but it's about the situations, settings and the pairing of characters. It's silly and can be quite relatable to your own childhood in certain cases, and that basically what most of the appeal is geared towards. But at the same time, the show can get really creative with some of it's episodes.

Here's a list of my personal favorite episodes from season 1:
- "Dream Boat"
This episode has to be one of the most impacting episode in regards to emotional value (in my personal opinion). This episode shows a little insight on Sumo's life and relationship with his family, more importantly, his father. It's nice to see Sumo do so much for the approval of his father, it's just a real touching episode is all.

- "The Forgotten"
Clarence and Pseudo Charlie Brown goes on a trip through out where ever? It's got me going from the start. It's just so great on how well they replicated the whole sullen Charlie Brown archetype, it really is something.

- "Mystery Girl"
This episode tackles the concept of discovering intimate relationships, and i'd say that it handles it pretty well.

- "Turtle Hats"
For this one, I don't know what to say exactly. But I can say now is that it's just nice little random episode and was somewhat funny, It's just a personal favorite of mine.

And that's just a few of them, I could go on but i'd rather not right now. Clarence is just a show about silly kids living their lives with as much fun and satisfaction as they can, experiencing touching moments and doing it again and again. It's can pretty clever at times and will often get a laugh out of me. It's really just a hit or miss with this show for people out there, some like the concept and others think it's just not worth there time. Even then, it's still a great show that tries it's best.
>>
>>90441847
oh belson, you're such a belson
>>
>>90441847
If by "atrocious characters" you mean "atrocious designs" then what you said is pretty much right, bu I still like the show somehow, it's comfy, reminds me of childhood and has pretty good music.
>>
clarence is going to grow up into being a robot
>>
Clarence is the worst character in his show.
Should be about the Whiskey Tango feral boy tobehonestfamalam
>>
File: tumblr_ntr5zvx45I1tjogr2o1_500.jpg (92KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntr5zvx45I1tjogr2o1_500.jpg
92KB, 500x406px
>>
>>90443044
You have good taste in Clarence episodes.
>>
>>90441916
The problem isn't Slice of Life

The problem is horribly shitty characters and designs. The only likable character in the series is Sumo
>>
>>90441951
Okay, it's not for you. Thanks for updating us on your personal tastes, anon.
>>
File: 1451303022684.jpg (36KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
1451303022684.jpg
36KB, 500x735px
seriously best show on CN in years.
>>
File: 366.jpg (20KB, 233x311px) Image search: [Google]
366.jpg
20KB, 233x311px
i absolutely love the show. it unrealistically portrays a somewhat perfect childhood that probably no one has ever experienced or at least to that degree. it's kind of magical, even in the mundane boring desert town they live in. all the secondary characters have defined personalities instead of everyone being quirky like most cartoons. they are all delightful i can't even dislike foils like Jeff or Benson.
i hate saying shit like people dont get it. i mean i can see why people wouldn't like the Clarence himself or the art style, but it's rather upsetting that they'll discredit it just for that. fuck it all eventually this show will end and no one will ever talk about it again
>>
>>90448752
This really. Clarence is like a portal to back to everything that made childhood nostalgiac. Its kids being kids and its so incredibly delightful.
>>
>Tfw was friends with literally Belson back in school.
>Still lives with his mom at 27 and she still buys him games and shit
>Is also morbidly overweight
>>
>ITT: lore fags
>>
File: Screenshot (255).png (23KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (255).png
23KB, 500x459px
>>90449648
>>
Clarence is the only good cartoon that is out.

Everything else suck. Also unlike many shows (and SU fail to do this), Clarence tends to use the other kids/adults in different episodes that focus on the topic or the problem thats their having and helping to fix it.

Jeff the best character imo.
>>
>>90441847
You just perfectly described Steven Universe.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.