[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Marvel/Disney ever make movies like this or they will use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: logan-1.jpg (840KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
logan-1.jpg
840KB, 1280x1897px
Will Marvel/Disney ever make movies like this or they will use their formula forever?
What do you think?
>>
Nope, I think its safe to say the furthest marvel are going to go as far as breaking the mold is Guardians
>>
>>90430462

They probably will eventually but it wont be MCU. It'll be some unknown/obscure property they can re-invent that no one cares about.

My guess would be something like Rawhide Kid.
>>
>>90430462

MCU is a sausage factory. They make very entertaining movies and people like to eat sausage, usually wrapped with bacon and while very drunk.

So, the PTB at Marvel Studios will continue to make sausage.
>>
>>90430462
I hope they won't
That movie and deadpool sucks anyway
>>
>>90430685
this.

don't expect any R rated movies coming out of MCU anytime soon.
>>
>>90431591
Miracleman when?
>>
>>90434360
They have successful R-rated Netflix shows, so I don't see it as an impossibility.
>>
>>90430462
Made for TV movies maybe, but not for a while.
I could see them pushing a new Blade series on Netflix with similar violence, and promote is as Marvel MAX or something. Making it clear it's not for kids.
>>
>>90430462
Not worth risking losing the 12 year old and female audience.

>Things Disney cares about
Big movie ticket sales, selling toys and shirts, international audience

>Things Disney doesn't care about
Making critically good movies
>>
Yes, I'm positive they already had "alternative" movie ideas brewing after Deadpool did well in box office. This will only reinforce it.

Something like Howard the Duck.
>>
>>90434591
Disney will somehow turn it into a quipfest.
>>
They haven't had to do movies like this because their established formula works. Soon enough people will grow tired of the marvel way and they will have to get more experimental to stay competitive.
>>
This is basically Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart's swan song as Wolverine and Xavier. They wanted to make a fitting finale for the x-men series.

The closest thing we will ever get is If RDJ or Chris Evan ever want to retire and MCU decide to retire the character instead of recast.
>>
>>90430462
>formula

No, not any time soon if at all. That's what Television and Netflix is for. R-rated cape films aren't even close to a viable ground yet (despite the apparent success of Deadpool and Logan), especially with unknown characters.
>>
>>90430462
Probably not; Disney protects their image more than anything else.

Besides, it would interfere with the selling of merchandise to kids, which is the entire point of these movies.
>>
>>90434750
>Big movie ticket sales
Deadpool grossed more than most of the MCU. Logan's on track for a 70 to 80 mil opening weekend.
>>
>>90433836
sure pal, sure.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.