[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 656
Thread images: 147

File: 1488229110001.png (2MB, 1024x1434px)
1488229110001.png
2MB, 1024x1434px
Best EU character edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #29 (March 1)
Rebels 3.17: Secret Cargo (March 4)

>Rebels 3.16: "Through Imperial Eyes"
https://mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Through Imperial Eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Svy7GluwA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: RverFWQ.png (1MB, 1528x842px)
RverFWQ.png
1MB, 1528x842px
>There are threats lurking in the Unknown Regions, threats that will someday find your Empire. I am familiar with many of them

Reborn Sith Empire CONFIRMED
>>
>>90415315

> best EU character
> SWTOR happened

no thanks
>>
File: Nebula Star Destroyers.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nebula Star Destroyers.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>
File: everybody_loves_the_empire.jpg (2MB, 1200x4853px) Image search: [Google]
everybody_loves_the_empire.jpg
2MB, 1200x4853px
Reminder
>>
>>90401987
That's a bit weird, because it implies Anakin and Thrawn had an adventure during the Clone Wars before he was found by the Empire.
>>
File: Tie Defender.webm (1MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tie Defender.webm
1MB, 888x500px
>>
>>90415361
we ignore SWTOR
>>
What was the Tarkin Initiative?
>>
>>90415487
Entirely possible, the first half-year or so, and the latter months of the war, are still unexplored.

>We have not seen Anakin knighted
>nor how he got the scar
>nor when Ventress was introduced
>nor when the Republic was first introduced to General Greivous

Plenty of month-long timeskips within TCW itself too

So yeah, plenty of time for Thrawn to be poking around with Anakin
>>
Great episode.

I thought it was a real treat to witness Mon Mothma calling Palpatine a lying executioner in Rebels. I thought it was a simple thing for the R1 book.

Also to the anons complaining about "Rebel victory every week", the NVA and Vietcong destroyed many B-52s, Pattons, Sheridans and entire platoons but many of those battles were not victories in any sense of the term. A skirmish where you flee is not counted as a victory. We've never seen a major victory in this show.
>>
File: DantooineRebels.png (759KB, 846x965px) Image search: [Google]
DantooineRebels.png
759KB, 846x965px
Fucking volcanoes
>>
>>90415526
A think tank within the AWR division of Imperial Intelligence
>>
File: 1446265744392.jpg (67KB, 625x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446265744392.jpg
67KB, 625x375px
>>90415650
>yfw when this song plays during next weeks episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8tYdGTQdY

>>90415526
I would advise you to go to the wook and look at the EU version since the canon is a bit bare right now.
>>
>>90415526
Carry a big planet killing sphere and walk all over the opposition.
>>
POST a cute
>>
File: 1460837517106.png (118KB, 262x346px) Image search: [Google]
1460837517106.png
118KB, 262x346px
>>90415870
>>
File: tumblr_ol0xdkWDV81qc5gi6o1_540.jpg (69KB, 540x681px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol0xdkWDV81qc5gi6o1_540.jpg
69KB, 540x681px
>>90415870
>>
>>90415894
Ahsoka is SHIT
>>
>>90415870
>>
>>90415870
>>
Fucking hell these past 2 episodes have been amazing. That Y-Wing battle really reminded me of TCW. This show is totally gonna pull another TCW on us with Season 3 and onward being amazing isn't it? Its weird too because the first two seasons were pretty shit imo but these past few episodes have jumped like 200% in quality. I think a lot of it is the designs being more similar to the OT instead of looking like a children's story book (if you get what I'm trying to say. Some of the early characters and ships looked a little too cartoony and colorful). Plus they've toned down the jokiness a bit too. Like the humor is more subtle instead of being stupid shit like and Ugnaut cartoonishly jumping into the air after being shot by a walker. It's still sort of childish, which I understand since Star Wars isn't supposed to be 2mature4u but it feels more like a teenager comic book than a little kid show now.
>>
New rebels episode for those who missed out: https://mega.nz/#!UJVxEabR!RCzuiviu-F5XbxdLVphzeZe_pt8kXJ1E4Sw-fcf1j_Q
>>
Can someone explain the Sheev meme to me? Why is suddenly everyone calling Palatine by his first name?

Is it for "nerd" points?
>>
>>90416188
dammit I've been away for too long
I genuinely can't tell if you're being serious
>>
>>90416188
It's funny
>>
File: 1459877192354.png (509KB, 476x528px) Image search: [Google]
1459877192354.png
509KB, 476x528px
>always enjoy the rebels recon right after watching an episode
>get the episode early
>have to wait until tonight for the recon
>>
>>90416188
Half of it is because it's funny. Like if Darth Vader's real name was Beefz or Durrr. The other half is because 'Sheev' is faster to type than 'Palpatine' and since it's technically his real valid name why not use it.
>>
>>90416218

Completely serious. I've stopped caring for SW since the mouse bought it, but I've been seeing faggots on here saying Sheev all the time.

Wondering wtf is going on in SW universe that people don't use Palpatine anymore
>>
>>90416053
I've been enjoying Rebels since season 1, but I will agree that it has only been getting better and better, jumping in quality every so often.
>>
>you will never bully Kylo Ren
>>
>>90416188
The reason it took off is because it's one of those things that nobody ever thought about.

Like, nobody ever thought "What is Palpatine's first name?"

Then suddenly in 2014, in the second ever officially approved Canon novel in history, it casually gets name-dropped that his name is Sheev. It would also get used in the official Ultimate Star Wars guidebook in that year, just months before TFA came out, so all eyes were on any bit of Star Wars news.

People thought the name sounded goofy, especially when applied to the old man who would go on to spin around a room and kill Jedi Masters.

Now a name that has only ever been said in novels, is being commonly used around the internet by Star Wars fans. Quite bizarre and humorous IMO.

>>90416259
In universe, people still call him Palpatine.

Only Tarkin and new character Rax have only really talked with him on a first name basis.
>>
File: 1488122830814.png (414KB, 699x496px) Image search: [Google]
1488122830814.png
414KB, 699x496px
>>90416259
>>
>>90416259
> I've stopped caring for SW since the mouse bought it

get out
>>
>>90416259
They say it because it's such a ridiculously fucking stupid sounding name and someone coming up with it is a completely baffling decision, is why.
>>
>>90416259
>I've stopped caring for SW since the mouse bought it
What kind of spastic are you? Disney bought the company, and suddenly you cant enjoy Star Wars anymore?

You realize most of the people making Star Wars right now are the same people who worked on both official and EU media for the past few decades now, right? (Obviously JJ is not included in that, don't mention him, nobody likes him)
>>
>>90416293

Ah okay, thank you.

I read that novel when it first came out, out of curiosity since I liked the Revan novel so much. Didn't give much thought to the name though since it's inline with the litany of goofy names in universe.
Fuck it yolo
>>
File: 1488052010441.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1488052010441.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>90416357
Fuck you, I liked the EU.
>>
>>90415376
I loved the effect of metal peeling off of the Ghost when they were flying close to the star
>>
File: 1487261334261.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1487261334261.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>90416259
Just because someone else owns it doesn't mean it changes anything. the EU needed the overhaul (don't even get me STARTED on Vaders glove) and JJ isn't going to be around anymore. stop being a cool guy who can't like something because disney owns it.
>>
Why does Dooku's face always make me laugh?
>>
What's the most ridiculous thing in the EU?
>>
File: dooku is ready.jpg (73KB, 710x541px) Image search: [Google]
dooku is ready.jpg
73KB, 710x541px
>>90416424
>>
>>90415413
everybody loves the empire!!!! i loooove the clones and dark vader!!1 REBEL SCUM XDDDD
the empire is for star wars normies
>>
>>90416456
Force Storms
Sun Crusher
The Glove of Darth Vader
>>
>>90416456
Starkiller
you know the one, the bas... oh wait
EU?
nevermind, still Starkiller
>>
>>90416388
If you liked the EU, then you should be more than welcoming of Lucasfilm building canon then.

It's the same thing as the EU, even with the biggest pre-disney creators like Zahn, Luceno, JJM and Filoni, except with;

>an overseeing creative team of Lucasfilm veterans to help plan ahead and maintain continuity
>little-to-no continuity problems
>more cross-continuity
>actual movies
>actual tv shows (no TCW does not count as an EU show)
>EU stuff that was half-decent is actually being made officially canon because Lucasfilm loved the EU just as much as you do
>everything matters. Suddenly ships and characters from the fucking cartoons are appearing in blockbuster movies, just because Lucasfilm thought it would be cool and make sense.

As someone who was enjoying the EU for about a decade, modern Star Wars is everything I wanted it to be back then.

Yeah, it's a bitter pill to swallow, having to let go of the old stuff, and even unlearn what you have learned.

But we're getting more Star Wars than ever before. In a single month, we get 4 episodes of Star Wars, about as many issues of comic books, maybe a Novel release. And annual movies.

The only real glaring problem with modern Star Wars is that Disney shit the bed with the vidya department. EA's Battlefront is frankly undefendable .
>>
>>90416294
When's my book Peter?
>>
>>90416456
Trioculus maybe.

Shit makes me laugh whenever I see it.
>>
>>90416456
Does anyone have that page with all of Luke's abilities in Legends on the wook?
>>
>>90416294
Why is Dracula haunting Van Helsing?
>>
File: Luke Eyes.webm (23KB, 250x98px) Image search: [Google]
Luke Eyes.webm
23KB, 250x98px
>>90416608
>>90416456

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends#Force_powers
>>
File: mauler.png (379KB, 771x687px) Image search: [Google]
mauler.png
379KB, 771x687px
I AM COMING FOR YOU, KENOBI
>>
>>90415498
If we're ignoring SWTOR than I elect the Exile as best EU character. That guy was hype.
>>
>>90415376
Proton Torpedoes are OP
>Can detonate nebulas
>One torpedo can wreck an SD
>Two destroyed the Death Star by causing a reactor malfunction
No wonder the Crew wanted them so bad in the Wynkathu Job
>>
>>90416565
This. Honestly my only problems witch current canon are EA and Chuck Wendig.
>>
>>90416669
> exile
> guy

what did anon mean by this?
>>
>>90416676
to be fair, the deathstar was easy to take down. All it took was the torpedo exploding near it, to set off a chain reaction that was intentionally placed.
>>
>>90416623
>EU Luke is stupidly Godmode OP because EU authors couldn't help themselves, always trying to 1-up each other and the movies, creating a retarded power creep
>Canon Luke got raped by JJ and turned into a defeated Old Ben 2.0

Liking Luke is suffering.

Why can't he just be a cool dude who brought the Jedi back, occasionally kicking some ass, without being a literal god?

I never wanted Luke to be the best of the best, I just wanted him to be a half decent Jedi who could help steer the order back to its former glory, so that future generations of Jedi, even stronger than him, will still respect and thank him for saving the Galaxy and restoring the Jedi.

That's all I wanted.

Was it too much to ask?
>>
>>90416623
Holy fucking shit

Luke was way too op
>>
>>90416736
Jesus, he was on screen for like 3 minutes.
>>
>>90416623
And then he pesters Cade about his destiny and Cade overdoses on deathsticks to make him go away. Luke was not a good ancestor.
>>
>>90416835
That's the point.

>We're told that offscreen, he had Jedi apprentices, but his edgelord Nephew killed them all
>So Luke just fucks off
>meanwhile Edgelord and his Master are building an army
>Nuke an entire planetary system
>Luke's best friend goes off and dies trying to stop edgelord

>inb4 Luke might not have known about all that stuff
Luke obviously knew, with R2 and the map piece at his sisters Resistance base, and even Leia felt when Han died.

Meanwhile Luke did nothing. He didnt look for Kylo, he didn't move an inch when the first order rose, nor when they blew up Hosnian, nor when Han died.

Luke did fucking NOTHING but sit and meditate on his shitty island, probably crying about all the Jedi he watched die.

We saw the Galaxy in complete and utter shit, got told that Kylo ruined Luke's life, and when we finally find Luke, he is alone on his island with not a single sign of even considering doing something to help

yes i am mad, i am mad that Luke got schooled by a fucking punk, and then made by JJ to wait while his friends and family die, until MaRey Sue shows up to get him to come back into action.

Bravo JJ you fucking cocksucker
>>
>>90416958
What if Luke had his apprentices killed, and he lost all the will to do anything? Consider everything he's lost dude. He has almost nothing left. Kylo broke him.
>>
>>90416736
I, for one, will always prefer the EU version of events post-ROTJ. JJ's world is way too dark for its own good.
>>
File: ap594165441755.jpg (969KB, 3000x2057px) Image search: [Google]
ap594165441755.jpg
969KB, 3000x2057px
>>90416958
On the bright side
god damn he looks fine with a beard
no homo
>>
>>90416982
That's likely the excuse, but is that really ok with you?

The last movie we saw is literally called "Return of the Jedi", and then we're told that all the Jedi died offscreen again, and Luke is out of the picture.

I mean, come on man, that sucks so hard.
>>
>>90417045
Hamill will never be the problem.

He even expressed upset over TFA and Luke's role in it too.

I put the blame entirely on JJ
>>
>>90417062
He was training kids. Kylo comes in, and murders the fuck out of them right in front of him. I know that PTSD isn't really a thing in this universe, but I'd believe that Ren killed his want to even try again. He exiled himself because he blames himself for not stopping it, but also for training Kylo and giving him some of the tools to order 66 the shit out of those children.

Baze is an example. Once the Jedha temple was stripped he lost his will in the Force, while Chirruts belief was only made stronger.
>>
>>90416982
>Dead aunt and uncle because of the rebellion
>Dead parents because of Sith
>Dead Apprentices because his nephew turned evil
>Probably more dead friends we haven't even learned about yet
The amount of loss and death in Lukes life is pretty huge. If the betrayal of Ben Solo had been only a few months before TFA I think Lukes seclusion and hiding would've been more believable. It would explain his absence being out of fear and grief, since he's just a man, even if people think of him as a hero. It's not great considering the Jedi should be on the path to restoration instead of being killed off for the umpteenth time in Star Wars history
>>
>>90417129
His almost girlfriend died in Heir to the Jedi too
>>
I don't remember Luke pussying out when Jacen went nuts and started bombarding entire planets for the greater good. He only mourned Mara's death.
>>
>>90417129
Since Bloodlines was only six years before TFA, it hasn't been that long.
>>
>that music in the nebula

art
>>
What do you want to see in Season 4?
I'd like to see Rae Sloane show up chasing after Kanan.
>>
I didn't like how people bashed Rouge One for not having "character development". It felt like people grasping at straws when Rouge One was a pretty good movie.
>>
>>90417606
If Kallus survives I'd like to see him and some ghost members on a mission with Cassian and K2
>>
>>90417606
More stuff taken from the EU, since they did Thrawn rather well.
>>
File: 1487751721879.jpg (355KB, 1366x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1487751721879.jpg
355KB, 1366x1249px
>>90417639
I have a normie friend who didn't like Krennic because he was 'whiney' and they wanted a villain to be SUPER MEGA ULTRA BADASS VADER #2134

they also said that they didn't like the blind guy because he was annoying, and that K wasn't very interesting. they didn't like Tarkin because he was 'boring' and 'too stereotypical'. I will never understand people.
>>
File: star-wars-inferno-squad.jpg (412KB, 1250x1900px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-inferno-squad.jpg
412KB, 1250x1900px
>After the humiliating theft of the Death Star plans and the resulting destruction of the battle station, the Empire is on the defensive. In response to this stunning defeat, the Imperial Navy has authorized the formation of an elite team of soldiers, known as Inferno Squad. Their mission: infiltrate and eliminate the remnants of Saw Gerrera’s Partisans...
Fuck. Yes. That sounds good.

>Christie Golden
Oh
>>
https://youtu.be/tyIyGEmwR2Y
So according to this interview the Nightsisters mostly aren't tapping into the force. I assume the same could be said for those rock kids from the new Yoda arc of the main comic. So if alchemy and symbiosis as a means of doing amazing things like lifting object with your mind, etc aren't part of using the force, then what exactly is the force? I suspect that its a philosophical concept with a tiny bit of reality to it (midichloreans). The force probably isn't real in universe in the way that most people think of it but there is something that's tied to the DNA of the universe and existence itself that lets people do these amazing things. For example if people worshipped carbon cells that are inside all living things. That doesn't mean that carbon has a will or there's some grand plan to the universe that carbon has for us. Any thoughts like that are of your mind's creation and a form of philosophy and beliefs not a literal thing that exists.

With that being said I highly suspect that you can in fact make someone force sensitive like in the EU but not by simply going 'hurr durr inject Jedi blood'. Like if some tiny person lived inside of Bendu in symbiosis with him for years they would probably come out force sensitive. I suspect the Nightsisters aren't actually force sensitive at birth but they slowly become force sensitive as they train and do these weird drugs and perform these rituals. So theoretically Han Solo himself could probably go dick around with some weird religion for 20 years and come out force sensitive.

1/2
>>
Oh boy I can't wait for the next Rebel's episode where they take some Ralph McQuarrie designed instead of being original.
>>
>>90417716
It's like quail eggs made by a diner cook.

I'll still eat it. But I won't be happy about it.
>>
>>90417769
2/2

Also this along with other statements Dave has made about Qui-Gon's appearance in Mortis and the nature of that whole arc make me think that the Father/Daughter/Son aren't real (or at the very least were ancient people who left an imprint on the force) and were actually figments of Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka's subconscious. Mortis is real but the actual events were probably their minds trying to figure out the odd events that led to where they were at then and where they were going in their life.

It really makes me think of a theory I had a while back that the difference between the Cosmic and Living force is mostly consciousness. Consciousness is the reason why society exists and we aren't a bunch of animals dicking around doing nothing but it also is the reason why you have stuff like the Empire that is a real threat to existence itself. Without consciousness you would only have the cosmos and peace. Consciousness leads to greed (the dark side) and unconsciousness leads to peace (the light side). Both extremes are ridiculous (either wiping out all life so that living beings can't destroy the galaxy in their lust for power or destroying the galaxy in your own lust for power like Palpatine). This is what the nucanon version of the gray side is. Its more philosophy than a simple equation like 'hurr 2 Jedi there needs to be 2 Sith. Yay 2=2 the force is in balance now!'.
>>
>>90417606
I want them to really start developing all the side characters they've been building up since season one and using them more regularly as the fight against the empire escalates. I would also love to see Rogue One characters start popping up in a similar manner.
>>
File: 1488456769939.jpg (317KB, 2500x1407px) Image search: [Google]
1488456769939.jpg
317KB, 2500x1407px
Post your rarest Krennic
>>
>>90417639
I disagree, Rogue One definitely had some very shallow characters that we really don't get to know all that well. Cassian and Jyn are the most developed but we're so disconnected from their past that it's hard to gauge why they do certain things like Jyn attacking the Rebels. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>90417606
>More character development for all the little people they've been building up over the past couple of seasons
>Episodes about a several more planets, like Rodia, the Malastere and the Duros homeworld forming rebel cells
>Saw shows up again, and doesn't relent on his quickness to violence. He starts giving the Rebels a bad name so he's excommunicated
>A short arc about the initial occupation of Jedha, so we can get more Baze and Chirrut Imwe, and lots of ancient Force lore
>>
>>90417886
You don't rig a house with marble floors to explode.

If we had learned about them more, people would be bitching that it was sad when they died and that it's a shitty cop out ending.
>>
File: 1487806438779.png (92KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1487806438779.png
92KB, 500x548px
>>90417884
>>
File: First Order symbol.jpg (16KB, 468x535px) Image search: [Google]
First Order symbol.jpg
16KB, 468x535px
>>90415341
That would make me rock hard. Sadly, it would probably be Vong. Although, we might get Pureblood Sith and Rakata invaders, too. Hell, the imagery from the First Order heavily hints at Sith Empire heraldry.

Just look at it.
>>
File: 1482521684276.jpg (502KB, 3600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1482521684276.jpg
502KB, 3600x1800px
>>90417926
>>
>>90417905
I don't really think that analogy works. People already say the ending is sad and dark so I don't get why connecting with the characters more would be a bad thing.
>>
Has there ever been a faction more overpowered than the fucking Zann Consortium?
>>
>>90417926

why do you fags want to constantly re-tread over old shit?
>>
File: Grievous_blaster.png (3MB, 1918x816px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous_blaster.png
3MB, 1918x816px
How come Grievous went from unstoppable Jedi killing machine in micro series to jobber that pulls out a big manly gun any time he is cornered (which is literally every time) in all media since?
>>
File: Sith_Empire.png (59KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sith_Empire.png
59KB, 550x600px
>>90417999
Because the past is fascinating. Also, we don't know dick about it in the Disney canon, penisbreath.
>>
>>90417981
Normies would feel even sadder if a character they understood died, rather than one we barely knew. The original ending was more dark, remember? And it didn't test well, I thought, so they had to rewrite a lot of the film. some of my friends even complained that the ending was stupid, and 'why should I watch a movie where people die?'
>>
>>90417999
We're autistic and we love the same over and over.
>>
>>90418026
Because cross-media guys got literally one piece of cool concept art and were told to do something cool with him before Episode III and no one actually knew what kind of character he was planned to be.
>>
>>90418026
Genndy was working off of early ideas and George changed Grievous into a "mustache twirling villain" for the film pretty late into the micro-series development.
>>
File: Patrick's Deadlights.jpg (57KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick's Deadlights.jpg
57KB, 960x949px
>>90418026
Because he's a non-Force sensitive, and sucks shit at using Lightsabers.
>>
>>90415315
I hope Emperor responded to Mon Mothma speech in senate with
>It's treason, then.
>>
>>90418086
No, the original ending was Jyn and Cassian escaping.

They changed it to be darker.
>>
File: 1488412053028.png (335KB, 1920x881px) Image search: [Google]
1488412053028.png
335KB, 1920x881px
>>90418026
He's trying to be cool and edgy but he doesn't have the force so it's like a guy who fights on the street going up against a kung-fu master.
>>
>>90418124
Why does he even bother with lightsabers if he's so bad at it anyway. He'd be more effective if he carried around four blasters.
>>
>>90418086
Sounds like dumb friends. I hope we see some of those characters show up in Rebels. Wasn't Cassian raised as a Separatist? That would make for an interesting dynamic with Rex.
>>
File: lolface.png (138KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
lolface.png
138KB, 428x510px
>>90415413
>The bad guys are all Imperial.

Who'da thunk?
>>
File: Apathetic LothCat.png (176KB, 389x369px) Image search: [Google]
Apathetic LothCat.png
176KB, 389x369px
>>90418026
Because George didn't intend for Grievous to be a Jedi-killing machine, and Genndy upped his power level so he'd make a cooler villain for the miniseries. Since the franchise is owned and run by George his original plans for Grievous stuck, and were used as the actual basis for his characterization and capabilities. The whole disconnect is really the fault of Lucas and his team not properly informing Genndy and his team about what Grievous was really capable of, which lead to disappointment in ROTS for lots of kids and teenagers. It's better to not become so attached to Genndywars, and just think of it as another excellent adaptation that strayed away from the canon.

It's a shame such a cool fighter was wasted as a general. I think he should've been a special agent of Dooku to replace Ventriss, instead of "Nyeh-he-he-he I'll get those pesky Jedi THIS TIME!"
>>
>>90418169
They don't like sad movies. or movies that make them think. I mean, it's star wars, but you have to use your noodle on some level to understand things. I don't talk to them anymore, because they went the whole 'THE PT IS CGI SHIT' route.

I'd love to see his time as a Fulcrum, yeah
>>
>>90418026
Because he stopped facing only jobbers and having Gendy powerup.
>>
>>90418160
I know, he could have twin mini-gun blasters or some shit.

"Let's see if you can spin that lightsaber fast enough to block ALL of this! This shit will make you a Force-damn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDG4sPul8w
>>
>>90416529
>the empire is for star wars normies
I think you got that backwards friend.
>>
>>90418160
Because Grevious is a Jediboo who is butthurt that he wasn't force sensitive enough to become a Jedi and doesn't realize that they don't just fight with lightsaber all day. He's basically the Star Wars equivalent to a weeaboo who wants to move to 'glorious Nippon where everyone watches anime and knows how to sword fight' that ended up getting butthurt that Japan wouldn't allow a 23 year old dropout working at Burger King move to their country.
>>
>Cassian and Rex meet
>They get into a fistfight over the merits of the old republic.
>>
>>90417606
>I'd like to see Rae Sloane show up chasing after Kanan.

I'd like that. Make her a series regular. Be a great way to show how she made it to Admiral.

>>90417644
>If Kallus survives I'd like to see him and some ghost members on a mission with Cassian and K2
This would be cool too. Would actually like it if Kallus becomes Sabine's replacement on the Ghost since she's too busy rallying Mandalorian Houses against the Empire.
>>
>>90417924

Are we blind? Deploy the garrison.
>>
>>90416529
I think you missed the part where the Rebels were all young kids with 70's hair and shit.

Rebels have always been fucking leftist propaganda. Real men follow the glorious Empire.
>>
File: ftekofk.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
ftekofk.gif
1MB, 500x280px
Speaking of Genndy Wars, does anyone else watch it as a secret episode between II and III? Because whenever I rewatch the prequels I always watch the micro-series as if were just another episode.
>>
>>90418336
Yeah. A good portion of it is canon anyways (not literally canon but a lot of events from it have been referenced in canon) so I watch up until the Grevious episodes (minus the Mon Calamari episodes that blatantly contradict TCW) as headcanon.
>>
>>90418336
>Speaking of Genndy Wars, does anyone else watch it as a secret episode between II and III?

Nah. TCW was so great and fleshed out that I have no incentive or interest to go back and watch Gennedywars.
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.jpg (55KB, 293x293px) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.jpg
55KB, 293x293px
>>90418325
>Real men follow tyrants who blow up planets, institute military governance, abolished a galactic representative body of the will of the people and nationalize corporations
>>
File: 1486745517130.jpg (26KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1486745517130.jpg
26KB, 327x316px
>>90415413
>Austria and Russia
I love you guys
>>
>>90418388
>They're terrorists though.
>>
File: 1487158443705.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1487158443705.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>90418388
>blow up planets, institute military governance, abolished a galactic representative body of the will of the people and nationalize corporations
>and nationalize corporations
>>
>Tfw am a drawfag
>but only on real paper

life is suffering
>>
>>90418433
you can take cellphone pictures
>>
>>90418453
They look retarded though. Which is a shame because I have a shit ton of thrawn in here.
>>
>>90418388
Well, shit, now that you put it that way...

Down with the Empire!

>>90418430
Well, it IS a socialist (Fascism was racial socialism) dictatorship. So, basically, it's what the Democrats want the US to be turned into, albeit with Communist "international socialism" instead. Also, the Ewoks were a representation of the Vietcong.
>>
>>90418433
I'm an artist, and I'm colourblind. being an artist is suffering, I never colour my shit anymore.
>>
>>90418382
I see where you're coming from but when rewatching the prequels you can't really just rewatch a 50 hours television show, right?
Also while TCW may flesh out a lot of things, it definitely doesn't bridge the gap between the films.
>>90418380
I just enjoy it without real concerns of canon. The only truly bothersome thing for me is Grievous.
>>
>>90418478
Buy a scanner. Unless you're that retard who keeps posting pictures of SS and Aphra with huge comically sized hips in a way that looks like a 12 year old doodling into his school notebook.
>>
File: Frenchman.jpg (62KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
Frenchman.jpg
62KB, 298x400px
>>90418196
>The French
>Not the bad guys
Och Och Och Ooooch!
All'z phro-seeding az it whaz phhanned! Ach-Ach-Ach!
>>
>>90418336
Yup, although for my headcanon I consider some of the comics/novels as official lead ups to EPIII because it makes the period more rich.
>>
>>90418491
It's really trivial compared to blowing up planets, unless you're Aynus Randeen of the planet Profitmos.
>>
>>90416529
childhood is idolizing the empire

adulthood is realizing the confederacy makes more sense
>>
>>90418541
God, no. I don't put my art on the internet. No one should have to look at it but me. It's the same reason I don't publish the fanfiction I've written. That shit it private shame.

I just wish I could fill some of your guys' requests. Like that one yesterday about sheev, holding a book by himself.
>>
File: Durge.jpg (54KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
Durge.jpg
54KB, 450x410px
>>90418336
The only good thing about it was Durge.
>>
>>90418026
i've never understood this complaint, and I love genndywars

it is clearly stated within the show itself that grievous is only effective when he can psych his opponents out (the training scene with dooku), which is why all his victories against jedi are from when they're tired and/or intimidated
>>
File: Vebb_Grievous_Fisto.jpg (571KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Vebb_Grievous_Fisto.jpg
571KB, 1920x816px
>>90418508
>I see where you're coming from but when rewatching the prequels you can't really just rewatch a 50 hours television show, right?

Right. If I was gonna rewatch the prequels and something between AoTC and RoTS, I wouldn't call it rewatching the prequels. It'd be marathoning the entire Saga.

>Also while TCW may flesh out a lot of things, it definitely doesn't bridge the gap between the films.
Neither does Gennedywars.

> The only truly bothersome thing for me is Grievous.

Not for me. TCW Grievous was a massive improvement to EU Grievous.
>>
>>90418508
>it definitely doesn't bridge the gap between the films
Genndy doesn't really either. The most we get as far as bridging the gap is showing how Anakin got knighted. The series ends right at the Battle of Coruscant, but that in itself doesn't bridge the gap anymore than Rogue One bridges the gap between ROTS and ANH.
>>
>>90418708
TCW Greivous was just ROTS Greivous in his prime. A fearsome, but cowardly droid general.

Gets shit done if he needs to, but not above cheating or running if things get dangerous for him.

Genddy Greivous was actually abhorrently anti-star wars. Doesn't fit into shit at all.
>>
>>90418778
>Genddy Greivous was actually abhorrently anti-star wars.
What do you mean?
>>
>>90418686
>i've never understood this complaint, and I love genndywars
People literally expected Grievous to be doing flips and fighting with his feet and being this insane kinetic fighter. I remember back in 2005 arguing that people were taking the action in Genndy too literally, and citing the Jedi who were practically superman in Genndy but comparatively more grounded in the movies, and it was always brushed aside without being addressed.

People really just wanted him to do flips and fight with his hands. Some people were actually mad that he didn't kill Obi-Wan because ULTIMATE SLAYER OF THE JEDI UNSTOPPABLE MACHINE should have been able to kill one Jedi. When pointed out that Obi-Wan was protected by plot armor and couldn't die, if they addressed that point at all it was usually some variation of "well Lucas is a pussy for being too afraid to change continuity!"

All because they wanted flips and handstands.
>>
File: lg29cLB.png (64KB, 201x222px) Image search: [Google]
lg29cLB.png
64KB, 201x222px
>TFW you get to fly in her squadron
>>
>>90418885
>she wasn't given a name
>simply credited as Gold Two
We're never going to see her again, are we?
>>
That was Dodonna's first cartoon on-screen appearance, right? We already got a name drop earlier in the season, so now all that's left is him talking in the finale episodes at Atollon.
>>
>>90418920
what if she was the one who they cut to in Rogue One during the Ion attack?
>>
>>90418838
Take all of the bullshit complaints about style over substance for the Prequels.

Well with Genddy Greivous, it's literally true.

Genddy sets Greivous up as this unstoppable beast, stronger than anything we have ever seen in Star Wars. If Gendyywars was somehow canon, Greivous would still be above and beyond every character in canon.

He completely undermined the Jedi by fighting 4 masters at once despite being a cripple cyborg with no force sensitivity.

Lucas's incredibly fun and creative idea of Greivous stemmed from his idea of a coughing droid. The charming familiarity there is very Star Wars.

Taking the design alone and making him "le epic baddass guy" is completely against the creativity of Lucas and his character.

It's the same principal of people taking Boba Fett and turning him into some god like figure in the EU, when it's completely against his portrayal in the movies.

I'm not saying Star Wars cant be flashy or fun for the sake of it. Star Wars does it very well. But it's always underneath a layer of substance, it's always there for a reason. But Genddy's Greivous, I feel, does not have that reason. He exists that way simply because they saw the design and decided "just make him be the ultra cool badass that can fight 5 jedi at once and run down skyscrapers at the speed of a train and shit"

Leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Genddywars made Greivous my favorite character when I was 10. Believe me, I get the appeal. But growing up, I realized I liked Star Wars and its characters and battles for so much more, and Genddy Greivous has nothing that I like about Star Wars in it, he's just there for the sake of being a stupidly OP threat to the Jedi with no thought put into it. Just took a cool design and said "he can fight them all at once!"

blegh
>>
File: General-Grievous_c9df9cb5.jpg (194KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
General-Grievous_c9df9cb5.jpg
194KB, 1200x600px
>>90418778
>TCW Greivous was just ROTS Greivous in his prime. A fearsome, but cowardly droid general.
>Gets shit done if he needs to, but not above cheating or running if things get dangerous for him.

There's an added layer to that as well. While TCW didn't openly advertise it, they gave Grievous a superiority/inferiority complex. He willingly underwent his prosthesis to enhance his combat prowess and become great. And while he did become a force to be reckoned with all on his own (since nobody short of a Jedi Master or something of similar prowess could deal with him and survive), the second things seemed to be even slightly out of his favor he'd fuck off and not even try to turn the tide despite his enhancements.

His prosthesis was just his overcompensating and failing to make use of it where it would've really counted.
>>
>>90418761
>Genndy doesn't really either.
What? It picks up shortly after AOTC and ends right before ROTS. It shows what the Clone Wars was like through various battles, Anakin slipping further into the dark side, how Anakin was knighted, and leads directly into ROTS. It literally bridges the two films completely.
>>
>>90418983
It's possible, but let's check to see if there's an established Gold Two...
>Tiree
Fuck, so she's likely dead by Yavin
>>
>>90419020
Just showing battles isn't really bridging the gap, though. Story content is necessary to connect them, and Genndywars is very light on that.
>>
>not showing Saw disapproving of Mothma's message at the end just because it's Mothma
wasted chance
>>
>>90419020
Not the other anon but;

It bridges the films in a 2 hour action montage in which the later half is just recounting the opening crawl of ROTS

Rogue One is literally the same thing for ANH

The Clone Wars is a more extensive anthology of stories and arcs showing the development of characters, especially Anakin, as his faith in the council crumbles, actually leading into the story of ROTS.

So sure it "bridges the gap", but doesn't really ADD anything, you know what I mean?
>>
>>90419020
It shows more of the war but aside from Anakin's knighting (and arguably Anakin flipping out on Not Tambor) it doesn't really do much to actually flesh out the period, the characters, or the machinations behind the war. It's kind of bizarre to say that it bridges the gap but somehow TCW doesn't, when about the only thing Genndywars has over TCW is that it ends directly before ROTS, which TCW was going to do as well.
>>
>>90419077
I was actually hoping to see Saw there too. He did join the Rebel Alliance for a while after all.

We were also missing Mon Calamarians too.

But I guess it would have been overly cliche if all of the big Rebel players joined all at once
>>
>GOR saying the line either Jyn or Cassian said about the DS plans transmitting from Scarif, but slightly different
Nice touch
>>
>>90419077
It's too soon. The Alliance is just forming, and Saw was part of it before having a falling out. Either way, it wasn't Saw being mad at them, it was them being mad at Saw.
>>
File: grievous by jimmymcwicked.jpg (486KB, 974x1550px) Image search: [Google]
grievous by jimmymcwicked.jpg
486KB, 974x1550px
>>90418984
Eh. I felt he was pretty good. He's shown that he can't handle every encounter and has his limits, but he's also not a pushover and is a formidable foe that the Jedi wouldn't have no worries about. And the nature of him having a cybernetic body made his feats pretty believable to me.

And I think he's pretty hot.
>>
>>90419107
I think they were limiting it to the ones we'd already seen and had models for (the only new guy we saw was Dodonna, and he was just hanging out with Bail). Though I guess at this point Saw could've been with some generic rebel troopers and pilots and it'd fit since he hasn't gone full Mujahideen yet.
>>
File: An Hero.jpg (489KB, 3257x2231px) Image search: [Google]
An Hero.jpg
489KB, 3257x2231px
>>90419020
It picking up just after AoTC and ending just before RoTS is pretty redundant considering that's all Gennedywars was. It skipped anything of real worth (and by that, I mean 99.6% of the Clone War), that would've counted as something being a bridge between the two films.

How can you call it bridging the two films when it's untold gap is only slightly as big as the gap between the films?
>>
There's one thing few point out. Mace fucking crushes his chest in the last episode hence why he's nerfed to hell in ROTS.
>>
genndywars bridges the gap between TCW and the movies
>>
>>90419061
Genndy Wars isn't that light on story and like I keep saying it continues Anakin's fall to the dark side.
>>90419078
>>90419097
I'm not saying that TCW doesn't do a great job of expanding upon the prequel era but it's not as succinct as Genndy Wars. It adds to the saga in the same way that other main episodes do. It doesn't get into the nuts and bolts of the universe because Star Wars episodes don't really do that.
>>
File: IMG_6068.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6068.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>90416721
>despite all these great things there's a real chance wendig will get a job writing at ea for a Star Wars game
No free lunches I guess.
>>
thinking about the physics of laser guns

it's interesting if you assume that laser shots are so fucking loaded the laser discharge must be 1/100th of a second or the weapon could explode from the immense heat it expels, and how everything essentially goes down to heat warfare with lasers

theoretically this could allow for larger "bullets" that cause higher heat concentrations at the risk of overheating the weapon
>>
>>90419270
>I'm not saying that TCW doesn't do a great job of expanding upon the prequel era but it's not as succinct as Genndy Wars. It adds to the saga in the same way that other main episodes do. It doesn't get into the nuts and bolts of the universe because Star Wars episodes don't really do that.
So TCW doesn't bridge the saga because... it's not short enough and provides too much detail? What?
>>
>>90419037
Or assigned a different callsign. Like Gold 3.
>>
>>90419037
What if Tiree is transsexual?
>>
>>90419295
Blasters ain't lasers dumbass, they're bullets with LEDs glued on
>>
>>90419107
There was a Calamarian ship, I think that counts.
>>
>>90417924
Are we blind?
Deploy the garrison!
>>
>>90419270
>Genndy Wars isn't that light on story
Yeah, it is. It really only gets into story in the second volume, and half of it is just setting up the Battle of Coruscant (without actually setting up, really just showing that it begins) and the other half being the detour to Nelvaan, which adds characterization to Anakin but the entire subplot actually contributes nothing to the story, or even really tells us anything new. We know Anakin has anger problems. We know he can be ruthless if pushed. The cave painting vision was neat but Anakin may as well have not seen it since you could remove it entirely and it changes nothing- he doesn't even really react to it.
>>
File: 1484081457700.png (724KB, 940x381px) Image search: [Google]
1484081457700.png
724KB, 940x381px
What should I read next?
>Dark Disciple
>A New Dawn
>Lost Stars
>Lords of the Sith

Aftermath is not an option and I read the rest, besides dropping Ahsoka.
>>
>>90419310
It does bridge the gap but it also is 50 hours long and the my main point is that watching AotC-GenndyWars-RotS is better (especially if you want to watch them all in one weekend) than watching TCW in between.
>>
File: 1487166024940.jpg (51KB, 468x346px) Image search: [Google]
1487166024940.jpg
51KB, 468x346px
>>90419348
i've been had
>>
>>90419387
Lost Stars, then LOTS
>>
>>90419387
Catalyst.
>>
>>90419401
So just say "Genndywars is easier for casual viewing" rather than "TCW definitely doesn't bridge the gap" which is what you originally said.
>>
>>90419387
Lost Stars is the best on that list
>>
>>90419441
He did, though.
>>
>>90419386
Is the Battle of Muunilist not a story?
Is dueling Ventress not development?
>The cave painting vision was neat but Anakin may as well have not seen it since you could remove it entirely and it changes nothing- he doesn't even really react to it.
That also describes Mortis.
>>
>>90419468
After some pushback. Here's what he originally said >>90418508
>Also while TCW may flesh out a lot of things, it definitely doesn't bridge the gap between the films.
>>
>>90418593
would people have liked Cad Bane as much if they kept the original idea and had him be some guy in a Durge suit?
>>
>>90419472
>Is the Battle of Muunilist not a story?
>Is dueling Ventress not development?
They don't really count for much. What does dueling Ventress add beyond "Anakin got really mad"?
>That also describes Mortis.
Not really. Anakin DID react. He kind of snapped and briefly became obsessed with trying to stop the visions, which foreshadows his fall because ultimately he turns to the dark side out of desperation to stop a tragedy in his love. That was a better exploration of his character than "he got really mad." And while it was ultimately meaningless since his memory of the vision was erased, at least there's an in-story explanation there. In Genndy he sees it and it's just a "what? okay" moment.
>>
>>90419501
No.
Durge was a mistake.
This way they would piss off reasonable people by kinda including Durge and the rest by not really including him.
>>
>>90419496
In that link, he also said
>I see where you're coming from but when rewatching the prequels you can't really just rewatch a 50 hours television show, right?
first.
>>
File: Review_RuneHaakoEI_stillA.jpg (114KB, 450x292px) Image search: [Google]
Review_RuneHaakoEI_stillA.jpg
114KB, 450x292px
>>90419412
>>90419461
Lost Stars it is.

>>90419420
Just finished Catalyst, good stuff
>>
>>90419585
And yet he follows it up with "definitely doesn't bridge the gap."
>>
>>90419585
>>90419633
I think it's just a case of the guy choosing the wrong wording.
>>
File: 1483475289135.jpg (347KB, 2732x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1483475289135.jpg
347KB, 2732x1365px
Post your wallpaper
>>
File: IMG_3481.jpg (227KB, 583x1211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3481.jpg
227KB, 583x1211px
>>90419295
Good thing, then, that Star Wars blasters use bolts of plasma. Not just any plasma though, that shit is way too hot to handle and might even set the air on fire in a limited area around it.
It's that badass motherfucker that permeates fucking everything in Star Wars: MOTHER FUCKING COLD PLASMA
Shields? Thin sheet of cold plasma held with a magnetic field
Blasters? Guns that fire bolts of cold plasma
Lightsabers?
C O L D P L A S M A
HELD IN A
M A G N E T I C F I E L D
>>
>>90418984
He want all powerful though. He fought Windu in the book "Labyrinth of Evil" and got his ass beat by Windu and Dooku gets on Greivous case saying he defeated several nobodies and that if Greivous didnt pay more attention in training he would get killed by a Jedi Council member like Windu and Obi-wan or the force forbid Yoda (almost a quote, he name drops the 3 characters)

Genddy made everything very stylized and over the top, but he did that for both sides. Like when Windu solos and entire droid army with just his fist.

When you compare that to each other you can see that Greivous want the most powerful being in the galaxy, he is just far more dangerous then your redshirts running around when fighting the heroes
>>
Siege of Mandalore story feels when?
>>
Did the imperial state controlled news network broadcast Mothma's speech?

What the fuck, are they retarded or are they secretly rebels?
>>
File: wow.jpg (8KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
8KB, 220x180px
DANTOOINE FUCK YEA!!!!!
>>
File: 1485724557015.jpg (291KB, 839x637px) Image search: [Google]
1485724557015.jpg
291KB, 839x637px
>>90419752
It's all part of the plan, all the rebels will join her and then they will all be in one place
>>
>>90419752
Yeah that was a little weird. It would've been better if she'd broadcast from a pirated signal or something, or made a scheduled speech that she then turned into anti-Sheev propaganda before they shut down the transmission. Having Alton Kastle show up with BREAKING NEWS LOOK WHAT THIS TRAITOR HAS TO SAY feels a little dumb.

They could've at least showed a followup with him saying "those are blatant lies, everyone knows the massacre on Ghorman was really caused by ______" or something.
>>
>>90419768
We'll probably see the actual surface and the base next season
>>
>>90419768
yea fuck this budget I would really rather half as much episodes at TCW quality then all the corners they have to cut in this show. The story is stronger but this is Star Wars. Visuals absolutely matter.

Although the splosions still are TCW level good. whats up with that?
>>
>>90419844
i got the sense that the ending with her broadcast was "the meeting"
>>
>>90419848
>I would really rather half as much episodes at TCW quality then all the corners they have to cut in this show.
It'd probably be more like 3-4 episodes a season. TCW was ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>90418984
Genddy's work was never intended to be canon and no one ever intended it to be canon.

It was a flashy over-the-top art piece with pure action and retardation, but it was meant to be fun, a balls-to-the-walls short series with no impact or presence in the canon at all.
>>
File: racer x.jpg (40KB, 279x292px) Image search: [Google]
racer x.jpg
40KB, 279x292px
>>90419885
would be worth it desu.
>>
>>90419558
The battle shows the way the clone wars were fought. It sees a battle from beginning to end giving a weight to the conflict. Just like how TCW has several arcs that do the exact same thing.
Dueling Ventress goes well beyond just "getting really mad". He actively disobeys Obi-wan to fight her, he beats an enemy in combat by delving into the dark side, and he gets rewarded for it by being knighted. It hits the story point of Anakin is falling to the dark side really well and does it in two hours.
Both Mortis and the cave scene are meant to foreshadow Anakin's fall and show how Anakin doesn't understand where he is heading. He brushes off the cave scene because he isn't as in touch with the force as he likes to believe. Mortis takes four episodes to say that with the same amount of impact as a short five minute scene.
>>
File: thisis it.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
thisis it.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>90419928
>there are people in this thread who seriously, unironically choose one over the other and don't watch both together.
>>
>>90419752
>What the fuck, are they retarded or are they secretly rebels?

No, it's shitty writing for a filler episode.
>>
>>90420014
>Mon Mothma calling together a rebel alliance
>filler
>>
>Gold Leader's name is Jon

It's weird to me that someone in Star Wars has such a normal name.
>>
>>90420119
How do you feel about Luke or Ben?
>>
>>90419885
All the cloth physics, man. I was recently rewatching the final arc of S5 and damn...
Jedi with those comfy multi-layered robes and coats, Sheev in his gown and all, Ahsoka doing acrobatics in that hooded poncho, Barris with a cape and those motherfucking red flags furiously waving in the wind, damn.

In Rebels even Hondo doesn't have a cape and I can just feel sorry looking at that thing they forced Mothma into.
>>
>>90419848
>expecting to see the planet surface which may not even be colonized by the rebellion yet
Are you some kind of super retard?
>>
>>90420050
Yes, it was done it less than 5 minutes. The rest of the episode was just ships chasing each other.
>>
>>90415341
Given the hints at dark side shit in the unknown regions in Empires End, it definitely leans more to something Sith/dark side related rather than vong is good. And frankly, the unknown regions could be full of all kinds of threats, most of which would be non force related (like your average evil civilization)
>>
File: The_Rise_of_the_Empire_Cover.jpg (4MB, 1834x2774px) Image search: [Google]
The_Rise_of_the_Empire_Cover.jpg
4MB, 1834x2774px
>>90419420
>>90419595
Just finished Catalyst yesterday myself, was VERY impressed. Gonna start this tomorrow (even though I already read A New Dawn).
>>
File: 1460872768430.png (237KB, 545x291px) Image search: [Google]
1460872768430.png
237KB, 545x291px
>>90420158
>Dantooine is some new discovery

What in the actual fuck are you talking about are you really this new to star wars? or are you some kind of "super retard"?
>>
>>90420215
Catalyst at first was a decent read but wasn't impressive. Then I saw rogue one the day after reading it and became a big fan as well. My brother was laughing at me when i teared when galen first calls jyn "stardust" in the film.
>>
>>90420234
>he thinks the Rebels would set up a secret base on an inhabited planet with historical significance
>>
>>90420234
Nothing said the rebels had their base on Dantooine before Mothma made her speech. Why would they wait for the entire rebel fleet to appear above the planet if it was all already on the planet itself? There's just no base yet.
>>
>>90420293
that ending though

GAAALLLEEENNNNNNN
>>
>>90420234
we're not doing this again
>>
File: yavin 4.jpg (325KB, 1745x1348px) Image search: [Google]
yavin 4.jpg
325KB, 1745x1348px
>>90420306
they do, they will, and have
>>
File: mLwxwYO.jpg (112KB, 700x501px) Image search: [Google]
mLwxwYO.jpg
112KB, 700x501px
Is there at least one shittier example of an extremely powerful character brought down for plot convenience than pic related in Legends or canon?
>>
>>90420311
ok... neither did i. I'm just restating that dantooine is not a new planet to the galaxy. hence my confusion at why it would yet to be colonized.
>>
>>90420119
You know people like him and Maximillian Veers probably got teased as children
>ha ha Jon what a stupid name
>your parents should've given you a good strong name like FIRMUS or YOGAR
>>
>>90420293
Yeah, it works best if you've seen the movie either before reading it or after reading it.
>>
File: Boba eyes.jpg (2MB, 1800x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Boba eyes.jpg
2MB, 1800x1794px
>>90420396
>>
>>90420396
>Failing when facing THE most powerful Sith ever
>Plot convenience
>>
File: Veers_unimpressed.png (258KB, 514x480px) Image search: [Google]
Veers_unimpressed.png
258KB, 514x480px
Why is Veers so fucking based though
>>
>>90420396
He was up against a powerful Sith Lord who was aided by one of the most powerful Jedi in the order. I think Mace dying there was pretty fair.
>>
>>90420396
Kit Fisto getting struck down without even getting a chance to put up a fight was worse.

Ki Adi Mundi getting killed by blaster fire was also pretty bad.
>>
>>90420461
He got his hand cut off and flailed around and cried like a helpless bitch.

This is the same Mace Windu they love to establish as the ultimate badass in sub media.

Anakin got his arm chopped off violently by Dooku and he grunted once.
>>
>>90420396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWomD6TazQ
>>
>>90420430
>he thinks every planet in SW is colonized by the time of the movies
>>
File: Star Wars EU.jpg (986KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars EU.jpg
986KB, 1920x1200px
>>90416456
>>
>>90420546
Dantooine is and that's what we are talking about
"super retard"
>>
>>90420582
>palpatine
>dies 4 times

kek
>>
>>90420546
the Republic Colonized it and fought for it during the Clone Wars.
>>
>>90420516
I can at least forgive Fisto for lasting longer than the other two jokers (sorry Tiin) but Mundi... c'mon man there were only like 7-8 guys shooting you
>>
>>90420616
It's actually disappointing that is no longer canon, it was surprisingly involving.

The same Sidious that is likely as powerful as he is in Legends has canonically died to being lifted up by his maimed, defeated apprentice and tossed into a hole.

It makes you seriously wonder if someone else picked Palpatine up by the back, can he do nothing?
>>
>>90420662
If the Republic colonized it, why did it not become part of the Empire, and why would the Rebellion use it as a base to hide it's leadership?
Every planet the rebellion uses as a base has always been void of human/sentient life. Atollon, Dantooine, Yavin 4, Hoth, whatever they used for a couple months between ESB and ROTJ. They even scouted more of these same kinds of planets, which is why the Resistance uses D'Qar now, as the rebellion was supposed to prior to Endor.
>>
>>90419721
Weren't Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti Council members, too?
>>
File: maul.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maul.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>90420722
>Palpatine dies being thrown in a hole
>Maul survives falling down a hole after being chopped in half

Who's the bitch now, Sheev!
>>
>>90420766
Wow a literal mouskateer. Listen kid It is in then Empire. you just need to go back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dantooine
>>
>>90420854
Amazing how "CGI on drugs " maul doesn't look half as threathening as the one in phantom menace
>>
>>90420854
Well you have to consider Maul slipped into a chute(?) from a pretty average fall and Palpatine crashed onto the ground from who knows how many feet.

The part with Maul that is unbelievable is that he was cut in half and survived.
>>
>>90420722
To be fair, it was completely lethal to Vader. Plus he had cyborg strength and the element of surprise. Sheev honestly didn't expect Vader to basically throw his life away for his son.
>>
Bar the Yuuzhan Vong war how devastating was the Clone Wars compared with other conflicts in the EU?
>>
>>90420932
>Palpatine crashed onto the ground from who knows how many feet.
He fell into a reactor shaft and exploded. Not sure why his throne room had a shaft leading directly to the reactor but that's what that is.
>>
>>90420431
>>Firmus
>>Yogar
Kek
These are top notch Star Wars names Anon
>>
>>90419910
>t was a flashy over-the-top art piece with pure action and retardation, but it was meant to be fun, a balls-to-the-walls short series with no impact or presence in the canon at all.
>Bridges the gap between AOTC and ROTS
>Introduces ROTS designs
>Introduces ROTS villian
>Leads into ROTS in the final episode, in a time where no other material did

Never go full retard
>>
>>90421002
A small bridge and an almost bottomless chasm moot. From a defense perspective the layout makes sense. Also a good place to dispose of trash, and its cool as fuck.
>>
>>90421060
>Introduces ROTS designs
>Introduces ROTS villian
By this logic the Holiday Special is canonically important because it introduces Boba Fett
>>
>>90421060
>>
>>90421060
>Leads into ROTS in the final episode, in a time where no other material did
Actually, Labyrinth of Evil did the same thing. One of the weirder things about this is that LoE and CW actually had a lot of contradictions about how the Battle of Coruscant and Palpatine's kidnapping went, and it was one of the few major contradictions that was never given any explanation.
>>
>>90421098
At the time, it was supposed to be

Plus at the time, magazines advertised the series as "the series you'll need to see to understand the final star wars film"
>>
File: IMG_1352.jpg (406KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1352.jpg
406KB, 1350x900px
Well looky who I got
>>
>>90421180
CANON
A
N
ON

THANK YOU BASED JJ
>>
>>90418778
>anti-star wars
You are a tremendous faggot
>>
>>90421180
Were you able to actually find him in a store or did you buy him online?
>>
>>90415413
I'm playing it right now and it really still needs a lot of work and....sigh that explains why I keep seeing Russian names.
>>
>>90421162
On top of that, it came out a few months before the finale season of Clone Wars
>>
File: mothma comparison.jpg (48KB, 1023x299px) Image search: [Google]
mothma comparison.jpg
48KB, 1023x299px
I want to fuck Mon Mothma
I will take her at any age
Literally no downside
>>
>>90421462
Well there is one downside

She's a filthy Rebel
>>
File: 1487842422391.png (950KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487842422391.png
950KB, 950x800px
>>90421462
>Mon Mothma
>with that coconut head haircut

shit taste detected
>>
>>90421529
Its enough hair to grab onto while pushing your dick down her throat.
>>
>>90421509
>lock her in a cell
>only visit her for "interrogations"
Problem solved
>>
File: B48aHt4CYAA9X1h.jpg (31KB, 514x388px) Image search: [Google]
B48aHt4CYAA9X1h.jpg
31KB, 514x388px
I wish we had a thrawn version of this
>>
>>90420798
Ki-Adi-Mundi was but not Shaak Ti.

I was thinking about that as I typed it. I guess you could argue that Grevous didnt actually kill Ki-Adi-Mundi or maybe it was simply that Dooku didnt think that he was as capable as Kenobi or Windu. The big thing was that in the conversation with Grevious, Dooku was trying to get it through to Grevious that he is good but not as good as he thinks he is.
>>
>>90417924
Are we blind? Deploy the garrison.
>>
>>90421770
Shaak Ti was a council member
>>
File: 1487766403947.jpg (2MB, 2077x2503px) Image search: [Google]
1487766403947.jpg
2MB, 2077x2503px
>>90417884
>>
>>90417884
You asked for this.
>>
File: 1486188505698.jpg (98KB, 877x651px) Image search: [Google]
1486188505698.jpg
98KB, 877x651px
>>90421986
>>
File: 1251225957-grand_moff_tarkin.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1251225957-grand_moff_tarkin.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>90421986
...You may fire when ready
>>
File: Rex.png (227KB, 342x700px) Image search: [Google]
Rex.png
227KB, 342x700px
Who is the best clone?
>>
File: IMG_1353.jpg (653KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1353.jpg
653KB, 1000x1500px
>>90421180
A challenger appears!
>>
>>90422006
>>90422057
That was totally worth it.
>>
File: 1487951216757.jpg (227KB, 768x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1487951216757.jpg
227KB, 768x1114px
>>90422057
Shut up, old man
>>
>>90422093
You know... if a facehugger got a hold of a Force sensitive host, would the resulting xeno be Force sensitive?
>>
File: tumblr_oh2g0teIax1vulumco1_1280.jpg (163KB, 832x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh2g0teIax1vulumco1_1280.jpg
163KB, 832x1280px
>>90422116
You're doing it all wrong

this is how you trigger people
>>
File: Jedi scum.jpg (54KB, 633x548px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi scum.jpg
54KB, 633x548px
Post based Pablo
>>
It was nice seeing Kastle again. I wish they'd kept up the Holonet News posts, those were kind of fun.
>>
>>90422203
No, that's how you get them horny.
>>
>>90422203
Time to polish my knob
>>
Someone post those awful and hilarious romance covers
>>
>>90422203
I know, right? He's doing it all wrong. You back her into a corner and then you climb the walls and screech at her.
>>
More TCW Legacy content when?
>>
This episode reminds me there were anons who swore Thrawn was only going after Phoenix Squadron and so the fact the Rebellion survives wasn't his fault. Hard to argue that now.
>>
>>90422203
:^)
>>
>>90422279
>DEPLOY THE GARRISON
>>
File: chosen one football5.gif (1MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
chosen one football5.gif
1MB, 400x286px
>>90415413
That damn game ate my save! I got logged out for some reason, and when I logged back in, I was started all over from the beginning.
>>
>>90422086
after all these years it's probably still Fordo
>>
>>90415413
>Central African Republic
>Exactly 80% Empire
So, how many people do you think play there?
I'm guessing 5 or 10 precisely.
>>
>>90422211
But wasn't their main thing before the war to be diplomats and stuff?
>>
>>90422303
They'll need to find a way for him to fail without looking like a total loser. Phoenix Squadron getting fucked is probably going to be it- he didn't get the larger rebel fleet but he at least dealt a huge blow to the ones that had been causing Pryce the most trouble. Plus there's two fairly major characters who are at risk, Kallus and Sato, so he'll probably get to kill them both so he has something.
>>
>>90422510
Generally peacekeepers, they could serve as diplomats if necessary, but usually their thing was to just sit around and wait for the senate to give them orders.
>>
>>90422539
Some people think he won't survive this. I think that's unlikely, personally. He'll get his victory over Chopper Base, but it won't be total. It'll still hurt the Rebels pretty damn bad.
>>
>>90422669
Yeah I don't think they're going to kill him off so quickly. Lucasfilm knows how popular he is and they'll want to get a bit more out of him than just one novel and a season of a show.
>>
>>90422808
The bigger the waifu/husbando, the bigger the target in Filoni's sights.
>>
>>90422831

By that logic Thrawn should die before Kallus.
>>
>there are people who honestly think Rex will survive Rebels
>>
>>90422491

You're just jealous CAR is so based.
>>
Want to know what this show needs? Multi-episode long arcs.
>>
>>90422913
But that requires budget
>>
>>90422913
agreed, i already dont care about sabine again
>>
>>90422303
Also this is the first time he fucked up big time, he had no backup keikaku, no "I will let them go this time". He just failed.
>>
>>90422203

Ugh.
>>
>>90422956
Wouldn't you just reuse more assets for an arc most of the time?
>>
File: tumblr_oabwlrdI3W1vulumco1_500.jpg (110KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oabwlrdI3W1vulumco1_500.jpg
110KB, 500x708px
>>90422986
>>
>>90423006
It's not that simple
>>
File: facing a Big Guy.jpg (80KB, 1313x392px) Image search: [Google]
facing a Big Guy.jpg
80KB, 1313x392px
>>90417884
>>
>>90417606
New Inquisitors.

Also finish their arc. They all have to die before ANH.
>>
File: rogue_one__15_by_ayej-dayjmkm.jpg (189KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rogue_one__15_by_ayej-dayjmkm.jpg
189KB, 640x480px
Do you think he knows he's a fucking joke on the holonet?
>>
"The threats lurking in the Unknown Regions described in End of Empire" Is there any chance we will get novels/stories about them? The New Empire/First Order fights them and saves the galaxy from them by stopping them to enter? It could build up Sloane’s character after jakku and maybe Thraw to if he isn’t killed of, by pitiful rebel characters and Palpi just exiles or Orders him to start building the new empire in the Unknown Region. What do you guys think?
>>
>>90423231

He doesn't care. Who cares what some ignorant jerks on the Holonet think?

Galen's and Palpy's opinion is all that matters.
>>
>>90422980
Yeah but he wasn't overseeing the operation. Pryce specifically requested to do it herself and he said okay.
>>
File: 1488575213519.gif (928KB, 461x343px) Image search: [Google]
1488575213519.gif
928KB, 461x343px
>>90423274
>Palpy's
>Not calling him the superior funny name (Sheev)
>>
>>90423249
More than likely it just refers to Snoke and his species
>>
>>90423304

Oh dear. She might be in trouble. Hope she doesn't get Tarkin'd.
>>
>>90420396
>extremely powerful character
Based on

What? Because its Sam Jackson? Windu had fucking nothing in the movies. He was just a Jedi with a special lightsaber. No difference between him and Kit Fisto.
>>
>>90422510
canon wise they haven't been shown as anything else than senate pets, specifically in TCW where they can't do stuff outside republic jurisdiction

fluff wise they tend to travel around the galaxy on their own and solve major conflicts when they see it
>>
File: pryce delete this.jpg (64KB, 883x638px) Image search: [Google]
pryce delete this.jpg
64KB, 883x638px
>>90423341
Leave Pryce alone, she tried her best. All she wanted was to impress Thrawn.

Please don't do anything rash Filoni.
>>
>>90422887
He still might.
>>
File: grinky cocoa.jpg (58KB, 386x306px) Image search: [Google]
grinky cocoa.jpg
58KB, 386x306px
>>90423409

I wouldn't mind that. The butthurt would be epic.
>>
Why is he called grinky?

t. someone who hasn't watched rebels yet
>>
>>90423475
We originally called him Inky for short. When it was revealed he's the Grand Inquisitor, we amended it to Grinky.
>>
So Rebels convinced me to finally rewatch TFA, still hate it, but my biggest problem is Maz.

She's not a bad character but she seems so out of place in the star wars universe to me, like she belongs in a different franchise.
>>
File: 1487298296375.png (374KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
1487298296375.png
374KB, 600x645px
>>90423501
That's cute anon
>>
>>90423538
I like Maz but I can't shake the feeling that she was created just to have a character that could out-Yoda Yoda.
>>
>>90423475
>someone who hasn't watched rebels yet

Bad anon. You better watch Rebels this instant.
>>
>>90423584
I fucking hate ezra
>>
File: Grinky.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Grinky.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>90423538

Yeah, I feel the same way about her. I hope she stays gone.

>>90423562

Grinky is quite cute.
>>
>>90423595
so how does he die
>>
>>90423590

Space Aladdin gets more likable as he show goes one. Besides, the other characters make up for it,
>>
File: 1467547655256.png (195KB, 452x380px) Image search: [Google]
1467547655256.png
195KB, 452x380px
>>90423590
Delete this.
>>
>>90423595
>Yeah, I feel the same way about her. I hope she stays gone.
Well she's apparently sticking around for last jedi at least.
>>
File: 1488666658686.jpg (173KB, 777x583px) Image search: [Google]
1488666658686.jpg
173KB, 777x583px
HOLY FUCKING SHIT BASED DRAWTHREAD
>>
>>90423538
I don't think she feels out of place in the franchise (though I think her design is really unimaginative), but she does feel out of place in the movie. You can tell they didn't really have a plan for her, they just wanted a lady Yoda to give Force advice, except oops there's not much advice to give since none of the main characters at that point are interested in learning about the Force. So all she manages to do is hand off a lighsaber she had for some reason and get Rey to admit that she knew her family wasn't coming back for her. Even the original reason they went to see her ends up being meaningless because the Resistance shows up anyway through absolutely no action on Maz's part.
>>
File: 120214-lupita-nyongo-594.jpg (309KB, 594x650px) Image search: [Google]
120214-lupita-nyongo-594.jpg
309KB, 594x650px
>>90423538
>take beautiful black actress
>turn her into a wrinkly CGI Oompa Loompa

This will never not make me mad.
>>
>>90423630
He is the second best character as of season 3 desu.
>>
>>90423648

NO WAY THEY MADE IT!

Awesome!
>>
>>90423538
That wasn't my problem with her at all. It's not like Yoda has the franchise rights on being old and mystical and enigmatically helpful even within the Star Wars universe. Hell, undead Qui-Gon flipped that script on Yoda himself towards the end of the war.

The real problem with Maz, as I see it, is that the damn movie itself didn't seem to know what to do with her. Han just takes them there out of all places he could get those kids a ship. Hell, he could have stopped at any bus stop. Probably would have been safer since I imagine the FO can't send spies to every transit spot in the galaxy but they MIGHT have a spy chilling in Maz's if they wanted to keep an eye on an underworld hotspot. We now know the FO loves to use the underworld to do skeezy shit without being easy to link back to them. After the whole Takodana mess, boom, that's it, she's just gone.

The only way this really makes sense to me is something I remember reading here when the movie came out. Anons were speculating that the real reason he went to Maz's wasn't a ship, he wanted Maz to use her "eyes" shit on Rey because he suspects something about the kid and wants Maz's opinion. Some even suggest Luke's sword being there isn't a coincidence and Han somehow had something to do with that.

There's room for doing more with Maz and what we saw of her in TFA, but like JJ himself I don't know if they'll bother and they may just chuck her out for the most part. I can't even remember the last time I heard about her having a part in ep8.
>>
I liked the new episode and how it showed Ezra is starting to become competent as a fighter pilot - makes characters less pigeon-holed and more adaptable, which was what people always complained about Sabine. Now we actually see competence and flexibility with the rest of the cast and that's pretty cool to see.
>>
>>90423656

Ikr? Plus, I thought the CGI on it was very bad.
>>
File: 1473371823225.jpg (2MB, 935x3886px) Image search: [Google]
1473371823225.jpg
2MB, 935x3886px
>>90423387
Still referenced as yodas number 2 his power was implicit and even spoken about in ep 2.
>>
>>90423501
Also helps that we had other Inquisitors introduced who for the most part never had names. Kind of funny, really. The show's staff didn't start the naming stuff until 8th Bro and then they worked back to name 5th Bro and 7th Sis.
>>
>>90423680
She's confirmed to return but hell if I know what they'll even do with her. You already have Luke to be the old mentor with sage advice. They really didn't think Maz through at all.
>>
>>90423656
It's practically criminal but I thought she did a damn fine job. With her performance I don't think anyone who doesn't know Lupita would guess she looks like that.
>>
>>90423648
Man
That is amazing.
Props to whichever Anon that drew it
>>
>>90423648
Can this image be the OP for the next thread
>>
>>90423811

It can and it should be! Based drawfag.
>>
File: 1481812701284.png (27KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481812701284.png
27KB, 417x500px
>>90423648
Poppa Palpy is the best. All hail our glorious Empire.
>>
>>90423729
She's Maz. She knows stuff.

I mean that'll probably be it. She's long lived enough she has odds of knowing shit the Jedi had forgotten, and while sure Yoda was no spring chicken himself I think it safe to say they ran in very different circles.

Hard to say since it requires guessing about what Jedi were like 1000 years ago which is really something we know next to nothing about. She's still, somehow, tied up in to the whole mystery. Knows the ways of the Force, can feel its will (apparently), and somehow had Luke and Anakin's old lightsaber ... Yeah, there's stuff there to work with, but they'll have to do something pretty damn spectacular to make it feel worthwhile. At this point I'd just be happy if it turns out Lando brought her the lightsaber which Lobot gave to him after cleaning droids found it.
>>
Forget Maz, who the fuck was Max von Sydow supposed to be? He knew a lot about the Force yet served Leia, even called her Royalty. Surviving Alderanian who worshiped the Force or what? Speaking of it, it's annoying in the new canon how everyone and their mother knows about the Jedi, or the fucking reclusive Sith, mainly in the Afermath books.
>>
Does anyone know if the Lucasfilm Story Group has more direct involvement with The Last Jedi than what they had on The Force Awakens?
>>
>>90423818

>>90422735
Really gets the noggin joggin. That'd be a good edition too
>>
>>90421840
My mistake. For some reason I thought she wasnt.
>>
>>90423852
Pablo has said that they have full control with the Last Jedi. Just like Rogue One.
They had to cooperate with Bad Robot because of JJ being the director of TFA.
>>
>>90423843
What a tragic fucking waste of a brilliant actor. I remember when he was first cast, everyone thought he would have a major role, but instead he got wasted within the first five minutes.
>>
>>90423843
Not sure why people knowing about the Jedi are an issue. People keep citing Han, but Han's issue wasn't that he didn't know the Jedi existed (which he clearly did since he knew it was an ancient religion), just that he didn't think the Force was a real thing.
>>
>>90423630
>>90423637
He just annoys me. I don't know if I can get past him 2bh
>>
>>90423877
I wonder if Lucasfilm regrets letting JJ direct The Force Awakens. He sounded like a massive control freak.
>>
>>90423913

Oh hell yes they are regretting it.
>>
>>90423880
And it's not even like Christopher Lee, who was underused but still had an important role. Even his brief scene in ROTS gave us something, and Dooku's death is the catalyst that sets the rest of the movie's events in motion.

Lor San Tekka by comparison is just some guy who had the map for some reason. The map itself even stops being important halfway into the movie, then with like four minutes left the movie remembers "oh shit the map, better resolve that fast"
>>
>>90415376

which episode is this from?
>>
>>90423913
They probably didn't have a say in it. JJ doing it is definitely the making of higher up people. They probably just had to go along with it as well as they could.
>>
>>90423913
I don't know if Lucasfilm as a whole does but it really sounds like a lot of important people like LSG were annoyed with him.
>>
>>90421180
NICE
I
C
E
>>
>>90423977
The newest one, mega is here >>90416142
>>
>>90423983
Sounds like Disney/Kathleen compromised with Lucasfilm/JJ to get him on board

JJ initially turned down the job, before changing his mind. Suddenly Bad Robot are leading production of the company.

Really makes you think, huh?

But regardless of what that deal was, Lucasfilm are thankfully in charge of the rest of the movies from here on out, so it's hopefully uphill from here
>>
>>90423843
Church of the Force dude. He was just following the signs and trying to track down Luke Skywalker. I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with Luke's Jedi Order or at least was a frequent visitor.

Rogue One has introduced us to a number of Force based religions, just as Rebels showed us that the Lasats had their own uses for the Ashla. These people don't really have powers for the most part, though I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them did at least to the level of Chirrut, just as Zeb with his bo-rifle did...something. Even normies have some kind of access to the Force since it's in every living thing.

A lot of these groups go on pilgrimages to places like the Temple of the Whills. Places either strong in the Force or otherwise important in the history of Force users like the Jedi. Lor San Tekka was of the nomadish variety, a man of faith but no powers who was trying to piece together a story that ties into Luke. His faith in the Jedi leads him to believe that there is still imbalance in the galaxy and there needs to be Jedi to restore things which is why he has been hunting Luke.
>>
[autistic spinning]
>>
>>90424020
Agreed.
If Rogue One is anything to go by, we're in for a treat with the Last Jedi.
>>
>>90423913
The Storygroup, at least members like Pablo, weren't entirely happy. Apparently JJ and co. did some weird changes around the last minute like changing up the opening crawl which gave us a bit of a disconnect regarding how much support Leia has with the New Republic. Fortunately it isn't really a major deal and that, at least, was easily worked around.

I'm pretty sure Kathleen and Disney were happy enough because it sure as hell helped pay for the buyout and then some.
>>
>>90423913
Yeah, I'd bet they do. Though like >>90423983 said I wouldn't be shocked if it was forced upon them, but since R1 was super successful Disney may get their heads out of their asses and realizes they could sell a pile of shit with the SW branding and it'd sell.
>>
File: 1487956863101.jpg (54KB, 564x445px) Image search: [Google]
1487956863101.jpg
54KB, 564x445px
>>90424016

Thanks a lot anon, have this sexy poncho Krennic
>>
>>90416142
Thanks, anon. Good stuff.
>>
File: 1459557544939.png (351KB, 490x542px) Image search: [Google]
1459557544939.png
351KB, 490x542px
>>90423891
He gets much better midway through season 1, is quite likeable during season 2 and is one of the best in season 3.
>>
>>90424094
>Tfw I watched season 2 and still couldn't stand him

maybe I'm just retarded
>>
File: Inkies.jpg (670KB, 1280x942px) Image search: [Google]
Inkies.jpg
670KB, 1280x942px
>>90424024
Delete. Spinning is a good trick.

At least Lord Vader used to say that a lot.
>>
>>90424069
>I'm pretty sure Kathleen and Disney were happy enough because it sure as hell helped pay for the buyout and then some.

But it always was, JJ or no JJ. It was a SW movie, they would make bank anyway. It might have been more if the movie had been better.
>>
>>90424047
man rogue one was great, can't wait to see TLJ
>>
File: 1481854862246.jpg (952KB, 2364x1916px)
1481854862246.jpg
952KB, 2364x1916px
>>90424116
At least you can take pleasure in the fact that Ezra has to endure a lot of physical pain during season 2.
>>
>>90423309
>Concerned about funniness of names used
>Doesn't call him The Sheevster
>>
>>90424082
>Rogue One
>pile of shit

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>
File: do it for him.jpg (92KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
do it for him.jpg
92KB, 1024x640px
>>90424264

Kawaii!
>>
>>90424260
no I love rogue one
I'm making two independent statements
R1 was successful, showing Disney that LF can be independent
AND
Star Wars brand will sell anything

my mistake I should've phrased it better
>>
File: 1468797209577.gif (2MB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1468797209577.gif
2MB, 332x332px
>>90417884
I can't remember the last time someone posted this
>>
File: 1487829828286.jpg (192KB, 774x592px) Image search: [Google]
1487829828286.jpg
192KB, 774x592px
>>90424356
This is the only decent art I could find

why it's the superior ship
>>
>>90424363
Ah, I see what you mean now.

It's cool.
>>
what did they mean by this
>>
>>90424391

It'll get better when the DVD comes out.

>>90424390

Oh my god that is beautiful.
>>
>>90424390

When I see shit like this I wonder what it is like to be an actor.

Do they ever think 'wow, this is my job. I get paid ridiculous amounts of money for this.'

It must be completely surreal.
>>
>>90424499
Some do. Unless they're Marlon Brando who fucking hated acting.
>>
>>90424411
I envy you, I want to forget TFA but my attempts have been unsuccessful.
>>
>>90424499
He was so hamming it up with this role, that's why I loved him so much

>ARE WE BLIIIIND

I fucking laughed so hard at that
>>
>>90424542
I haven't forgotten TFA either, I want a Goddamn explanation onto how that little orange goblin managed to get her grody gremlin claws on the lightsaber that was last seen falling to the center of a gas giant.
>>
>rebel fleet jumps to Dantooine
>Jurassic Park theme starts playing
What did they mean by this
>>
>>90424616
It was falling to the bottom of Cloud City.
There was a bottom to that shaft
Luke Forced himself down an exist tunnel

She probably knew some Ugnaught that recovered it. Probably fucked him for it.
Nasty little hobbitses
>>
>>90424616
>was last seen falling to the center of a gas giant
We never saw it falling, though. The last we see of the hand or lightsaber are when it gets cut off- we never see where they fall. A lot of people think that thing we see falling when Luke looks down is his hand and lightsaber but it's just some random junk.
>>
>>90424499
>It must be completely surreal.

I wonder how it feels if you are a child actor, like Jake Lloyd when TPM came out.
>>
File: 1474514708990.jpg (89KB, 377x324px) Image search: [Google]
1474514708990.jpg
89KB, 377x324px
>>90418336
Mah niggggga
>>
File: space gigolo.png (1MB, 1220x702px) Image search: [Google]
space gigolo.png
1MB, 1220x702px
Ezra is going to be the first space-gigolo, isn't he?
>>
>>90423304
>Yeah but he wasn't overseeing the operation.

Well he should have been. He fucked up by sending a governor.
>>
File: winning smile.jpg (257KB, 1169x1200px) Image search: [Google]
winning smile.jpg
257KB, 1169x1200px
>>90424960
Excuse me?
>>
>>90424981
Hey Lando, he found a new, living, older woman to pretend is after Ezra's hotdog. Give him this moment, please, because frankly that corpse of Seventh Sister he's been dragging around for over a year is really overripe.
>>
File: 1459708038838.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1459708038838.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
Where is that recon?
>>
>>90425185
Not until the episode airs, newfag
>>
>>90425208
wait the episode airs on sundays?

always thought it was saturdays
>>
>>90425234
It's still Saturday, Broseppi
>>
>>90425234
Saturdays at 8:30 eastern
>>
>>90424411
Someone scanned the atlas?
>>
>>90424830
For most it's probably not that bad (aside from pedophiles that are rampant in Hollywood). For Jake though it was awful because he was the main character of the most anticipated and hated movie of all time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu4Ic5c1hMo
Post good themes

so I can drown out the people screaming help me inside my head
>>
>>90425349
Only that one part that really confused them, which was mostly about all the weird giant red arrows they added to the picture. Really, what DID they mean by it?
>>
>>90424638
>literally just got done watching Jarrasic Park
>see this post
What did anon mean by this?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-04-18h31m03s148.jpg (1MB, 1919x813px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-04-18h31m03s148.jpg
1MB, 1919x813px
test
>>
>>90425393
>hated movie of all time.
B-b-buh Pablo said that everyone loves the Prequels!
>>
>>90425349
Yeah, it's here
https://www.kaskus.co.id/show_post/58a25348ded77098518b4568/2165/-
>>
>>90425435
Hot
>>
>>90425437
Technically when you count the entire world most people are fine with it but you have to admit that in the West hating the prequels has become a meme embedded into our very culture.
>>
>>90425393
>>90425437
Regardless of what you think of TPM, calling it the most hated movie of all time is just silly.
>>
File: Cloud_City_reactor_shaft.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_City_reactor_shaft.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>90425422
Just that it was assumed the hand/saber fell down here somewhere and nobody thought they'd be found. Turns out they were found.

Well, the lightsaber anyway.
>>
>>90424047
More OT pandering
Finn and/or Poe being gay
Rey will probably kick Kylo's ass again
Luke won't be the god he should be
The Force is all about the patriarchy vs feminism
>>
>>90425590
I like how your bait has nothing to do with the post you're replying to
>>
>>90425590
Please don't hurt me like this
>>
>>90425590
>Rey will probably kick Kylo's ass again
There's nothing wrong with this

>Luke won't be the god he should be
>expecting Luke to be mega OP
I hope all he does is force pushes Rey around, having let himself go in the last 30 years.
>>
>>90425502
It probably is to an extent. What other movie do you know of that for 10 years if you mentioned it people scoffed and said 'Da prequels suck duuuude'? From its popularity alone it should be one of the most hated movies of all time because naturally the more famous a movie is the more people there are that have a chance to dislike it since they know of its existence.
>>
File: darth manos, hand of fate.jpg (58KB, 680x287px) Image search: [Google]
darth manos, hand of fate.jpg
58KB, 680x287px
>>90425580
Oh, the hand is quite well taken care of. Discovered and tenderly nursed back together by Ugnaught workers who it killed in a fit of rage before deciding to seek its own destiny as the true heir of Anakin Skywalker, betrayer and murderer.
>>
>>90425692
>Snoke is the hand
>>
File: IMG_1235.jpg (30KB, 402x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.jpg
30KB, 402x295px
>>90416294
This made me feel
>>
>>90425726
>they tried to create a clone of luke from the hand but it was horribly disfigured due to damaged dna or something
>>
>>90425502
"Most hated" assumes a lot of things, but the swing between expectation and reality is really really up there.
Has there ever been a movie more hyped than Episode 1?
Star Wars is a religion to a lot of people and TPM was the Second Coming.

There were a lot of very disappointed people and that definitely qualifies it as some kind of pariah
>>
>>90425772
What did it make you feel, anon?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-04-19h43m07s80.jpg (912KB, 1917x813px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-04-19h43m07s80.jpg
912KB, 1917x813px
>>90425645
>>90425787
It's just so insane.
I knew no one that didn't like it when I was younger. From my friends, to all their dads who bought the VHS when it came out.

The discovery that the PT is hated and viewed as inferior to the OT by "most people" blindsided me like almost nothing else.
>>
File: 3547903-naga_sadow.png (956KB, 980x850px) Image search: [Google]
3547903-naga_sadow.png
956KB, 980x850px
Movies with non-human protagonists when?
>>
>>90415315
STREAM WHEN
>>
>>90426021
As a primary protagonist? Never, too risky.
>>
File: soon.png (13KB, 172x179px) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
13KB, 172x179px
>>90426021
SOON
>>
>>90426021
Has never happened in film barring animal movies and BladeRunner
>>
>>90426078
Do the ninja turtles count as animal movie?
>>
>Revenge of the Sith on TNT
heyhey ye
>>
>>90425938
Most adults at the time where pretty indifferent.
Like how you may think about Hunger Games movies or other YA stuff.
"Yeah, it's OK or whatever" was pretty much the consensus for the average person. A good movie with spaceships and aliens was practically the same as a bad movie with spaceships and aliens.

That left people who liked sci-fi and that was where the battleground was, it is still here now.
I think among people who like sci-fi, the Prequels are widely disliked. But among Star Wars fans they ratio is closer to 50/50 or maybe even 60/40 in favor
>>
File: 1487806042544.jpg (75KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487806042544.jpg
75KB, 400x600px
Why is thrawn so cute
>>
>>90426232
Star Wars isn't Sci-Fi tho.
>>
>>90426200
I'm still on Aotc over here.

At least I got something to watch until Fantastic Planet starts
>>
>>90426288
It's soft-scifi but it's still scifi
>>
>>90426288
It's definitely science fantasy, but that still places it in the sci-fi category, just as soft sci-fi.
>>
>>90426232
>>90426288
Shameless samefagging, but would also like to add that i'm a Sci-Fi fan who has seen every episode of most Sci-Fi shows, and have seen most Sci-Fi movies you could name, from Galaxy Quest to Altered States, and I love the PT.

While SW isn't Sci-Fi in it's story telling, I think the PT builds a much more interesting Sci-Fi world than the OT.
>>
ITS AIR TIME WHERE THE FUCK IS THE STREAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Jorj and Thrawn go to Scarif.png (413KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
Jorj and Thrawn go to Scarif.png
413KB, 675x827px
>>90426274
I wish I knew, anon
>>
>>90426466
We're like 20 minutes from air time dude
>>
>>90426357
>>90426394
I would argue that on release ANH was solidly placed in the regular sci-fi genre.
The conception of science-fiction has changed over the years, as it naturally does as technology evolves.
In the 60s and 70s, there was lots of science fiction that assumed that supernatural things like telepathy or spiritualism to be eventually "solved" in the great future. So a lot of science fiction of that era has supernatural things in it, but people considered it just science.
In Star Trek for example, telepathy was a thing that sometimes humans had.
Same even in Asimov's Foundation series.

While the Force to our ears is totally fantasy and has no place in "real" science-fiction, the sci-fi of that era had no problem accepting supernatural things as science yet to be solved.

Here's a familiar example. In this sci-fi novel written in 1963, alien science discovered a great Spiritual Force that exists alongside things like gravity and electromagnetism. This Spiritual Force (often just called the Force) permeates every living being and influences them whether they know it or not. However, there exists some "Sensitives" who can feel the Force stronger than others and using a device to amplify the Force, they travel the galaxy bringing peace to all who feel the Force.
Sound familiar?
Science fiction. That book won a Hugo too
>>
>>90426288
>>90426394
Is it because the actual science isn't a part of the story?

Genuinely curious, I'm a pretty big fan of sci fi myself, and I think I agree with you.
>>
>>90426725
Star Wars isn't Sci-Fi because it doesn't care about science as much as it cares about mythical ideas and big idea epic narrative.
>>
>>90426723
see
>>90426795

Unlike the stupid ESP shit in Trek, Lucas clearly was not hypothesizing about human future or basing the force on science.
>>
>>90426723
>I would argue that on release ANH was solidly placed in the regular sci-fi genre.
Not really. Hard science fiction fans hated it when it came out because it was a popular soft sci-fi movie that they felt was going to lead to a widespread "dumbing down" of sci-fi for the masses (which arguably did happen).

The trick to determining whether it's hard or soft is whether it explores the implications of its sci-fi features.
>>
>>90426795
That's an interesting point.

I'll have to think about it, but you just might have changed my perception about this stuff.
>>
>>90426061
Thrawn is best imperial
>>
>>90426723
>Here's a familiar example. In this sci-fi novel written in 1963, alien science discovered a great Spiritual Force that exists alongside things like gravity and electromagnetism. This Spiritual Force (often just called the Force) permeates every living being and influences them whether they know it or not. However, there exists some "Sensitives" who can feel the Force stronger than others and using a device to amplify the Force, they travel the galaxy bringing peace to all who feel the Force.
>Sound familiar?
>Science fiction. That book won a Hugo too

All this does is make me think "lol star wars".

But yeah, it's definitely a product of the time when psychic phenomena was being genuinely researched, albeit with great skepticism.

Makes me think when people question the psychic Newtypes in the original 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam, complete with all its psychedelic elements later on. It was just all the rage in the 70s (plus I'm sure Japan was jerking it real hard to SW at the time) complete with legitimate drug usage then.
>>
Why would Anakin have imagined the height of Grevious and why would he have imagined Greivous so tall
>>
>>90427077
He didn't, he's mocking him
>>
>>90427077
Anon don't you picture the form of characters when you read the novels of any franchise?
>>
>>90427148
why would he mock him about his height is greivous sensitive about it
>>
I can't watch this movie anymore without thinking of the memes
>>
>>90426854
>>90426931
Did you both ignore the bottom half of my post?
There's lots of science-fiction of that era (i.e. 60s and 70s) that had things that we consider inherently supernatural now but then it wasn't considered out of place at all.
In 1977, ANH was pure science fiction because the idea that wise space-monks learning how to contact a Force of the universe was totally expected and not unheard of for the genre.
This was the time when the US military was literally funding remote viewing experiments.

The idea of "Hard SF vs soft sci-fi" only came about in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>90416142
Pretty good episode.

Still prefer Bail's speech from TFU though.
>>
>>90427200
That's a problem.
It took me a long time to detox from the stupid memes surrounding the PT.

>>90427205
You're ignoring my point that SW doesn't take place in the future.
>>
File: tie_defender.jpg (200KB, 1410x1192px) Image search: [Google]
tie_defender.jpg
200KB, 1410x1192px
Mmmm, delicious TIE Defender.
>>
Do you mind vidya star wars streaming, /co/?
>>
>>90427319
>You're ignoring my point that SW doesn't take place in the future.
We all know that that doesn't really matter.
Temporally localizing the story is a matter of perspective and that depends on a certain point of view

There's lots of stories that date themselves by alien reckonings.
Foundation series, for example, which Star Wars borrows a lot from
>>
>>90427362
I gotta admit its growing on me
>>
>>90427433
>We all know that that doesn't really matter.
no no no
Stopped reading there.
You're doing a thing and that's fine, but you're clearly playing solitaire here.
>>
File: nice.png (48KB, 288x292px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
48KB, 288x292px
>>90427362
I like it
>>
>>90427478
I love the contrast on that pic.
>>
>>90427362
Why do I feel like we'll be seeing more of these things in the finale?
>>
File: legends billboard.jpg (62KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
legends billboard.jpg
62KB, 960x540px
>>90427362
They completely nerfed it, the REAL TIE Defender would've completely destroyed all ships instantly and then followed them to Dantooine and obliterated the entire rebel fleet single-handedly! This is an insult to the TRUE Star Wars!
>>
>>90427578
...and a thought occurs to me just as I submitted.

>Finale shows TIE/Ds crippling the rebel fleet
>The Ghost crew manage to destroy the chief facility producing these fighters, stalling their use for a time.
>Kallus dies in an act of sacrifice to ensure the TIE/D base's destruction
>No more TIE/Ds for the time being, but the Rebels are back to being scattered due to Thrawn's attack
>>
>>90427180
Do space ships and advanced technology automatically make a property soft sci-fi? I mean there is urban fantasy out there which uses guns instead of magic swords for instance.

>>90427180
>read book
>dozens of characters are introduced with no descriptions of their appearance
>more than half way through it some character's appearance is described and comes off totally outlandish
>think male character is bald cause why not
>has a blue mullet

>Anon don't you picture the form of characters when you read the novels of any franchise?
>>
>>90427620

And IG-88 uploaded himself into the Death Star and totally pranked the Emperor, and the Emperor's son had three eyes and designed weapons in his sleep, and there was a witch on Endor that turned into a crow and...
>>
File: 1484584718585.jpg (320KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484584718585.jpg
320KB, 1280x720px
>>90427620
God bless Legends and to hell with Nu Disney jewry.

Stay mad, Nu-fags.
>>
>>90427714
why wouldn't the tie defender's schematics have been brought to scarif
>>
>>90427734

I think it was playful sarcasm, anon.
>>
>>90427180
Not him, but I remember imagining Mon Mothma as some kindly, nanny like old woman.

Then I realized she was in RotJ, and I wound up kicking myself afterwards
>>
>>90427731
Sounds much more dignified than TFA honestly.
>>
>>90427620
Only if Boba Fett was flying the Defender.
>>
File: thiscantbereal.jpg (83KB, 1024x529px) Image search: [Google]
thiscantbereal.jpg
83KB, 1024x529px
>>90427731
>>90427734
Nah, I'm joking.

Some parts of the EU were great, some sucked dick. Still, I wish someone would've refined the EU and brought back good elements besides just Thrawn.

On that note I also wish Disney wasn't the one who got Star Wars. Fuck Disney.
>>
>>90427805
>just Thrawn

anon
>>
>>90427805
Don't worry, the EU will come back in spits and spurts.
Like the Hammerhead or Thrawn or Malachor

I like it like this because it's more curated. Less Luuuukes and Triclops
>>
>>90427821
I'm sure he means big things like The Thrawn Trilogy, not little tips of the hat with vehicles and some characters.
>>
>this episode
Good stuff here
>>
File: duh.jpg (39KB, 462x293px) Image search: [Google]
duh.jpg
39KB, 462x293px
>>90427760
>>
>>90427805
>I wish someone would've refined the EU and brought back good elements besides just Thrawn.
Anon, you haven't watched any of Rebels, read any of the new comics, or the books have you? Have you even seen Rogue One?

Seriously, one of the main focuses of the first few years for Lucasfilm was recanonizing the more popular and accepted EU characters and designs.
>>
>>90427864
>I like it like this because it's more curated.
But the *MAINLINE* (adult novels and comics) EU post ROTJ was ten times better than TFA even at it's lowest point.

Jaina>Rey
>>
>>90427872
Thrawn Trilogy didn't go anywhere
The books aren't any different now
>>
>>90427821
>>90427864
>>90427872
That's what I meant, big things and not just "HEY LOOK IT'S THRAWN" moments. I also want to see KOTOR become canon again, though to my knowledge it already has been recanonized. I'm not sure on that one though.

>>90427760
Yeah, I too was jesting. Still, it's sad to see the EU get thrown out almost entirely. A lot of gems were in that trash heap.
>>
File: keep this safe.jpg (35KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
keep this safe.jpg
35KB, 500x456px
>>90427925
We're clearly talking about canon, you braindead phoneposter.
>>
File: Taun We.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Taun We.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
Kaminoans are an entire species of ASMR
>>
So what TIE is the prototype suppose to be again?
>>
>>90427980
TIE Defender
>>
>>90427943
>I also want to see KOTOR become canon again,
Never gonna happen. They won't recanonize entire books, comics, games, etc. Elements of them may return but never the whole thing

>though to my knowledge it already has been recanonized
Nope.
>>
File: 1488520411382.jpg (187KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488520411382.jpg
187KB, 1600x900px
>>90427915
I have, but I'm honestly not a fan of any of the new material. TFA left me lukewarm and mildly disappointed, Rogue One was just nonsensical, the comics are okay I spose. The books I'm avoiding after Aftermath and the Cuck Wendig fiasco. Rebels is okay. It certainly has good moments. It sucks though that Disney only sees it as a babby star wars cartoon for the kids instead of anything serious for the franchise, though maybe I'm wrong and they see it as something more.

With some work and refinement Rebels could be really good. I'm not too sold on anything else. In my headcanoning hamsterwheel, only the movies, Thrawn, KOTOR, and a few parts of Rebels are canon. The rest is just "fill in the blanks" mode.
>>
>>90427916
It's a bit unfair to judge a character over one appearance.
How many appearances did Jaina have compared to Rey's?
Give it time, I'm sure there'll be lots of new EU to expand and explain every little thing.
>>
>>90428000
I think i missed who he said his name was
>>
>>90428056
Why are you here
do you even like star wars
>>
>>90427956
So am I
Canon isn't a real thing
It's just an idea

The Thrawn trilogy is still there and it hasn't changed a bit.
Now we can have more Thrawn.
Isn't that better?

The good parts of the EU will come back in time and be involved in new stories.
>>
>>90427943
>though to my knowledge it already has been recanonized
It hasn't. Whoever told you that was pulling your leg.
>>
>>90428113
>liking Star Wars
>>
File: ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>90428058
>It's a bit unfair to judge a character over one appearance.
Is it?
They put their cars on the table and casted a downright bad actress for a poorly written role.

She could become a better actress, and the writing could get better, but I highly doubt point 1, and the writing movie to movie is likely to be a rollercoaster of quality. (assuming TLJ has a better script than TFA).
>>
>>90428056
>didn't like Rogue One
u wot

>The books I'm avoiding after Aftermath and the Cuck Wendig fiasco
Plenty of them have been great though, and none as bad as Aftermath.

>Disney only sees it as a babby star wars cartoon for the kids
Rebels is just as mature as Star Wars always has been, it's very much a family friendly series in the same vein of tone as ANH was.
>>
>>90428173
>cars
*cards
>>
>>90428117
I thought a KOTOR Sith Trooper had appeared in a Disney-licensed mobile game. Maybe not.

>>90428113
I do. I love the movies. Yes, I even enjoyed The Phantom Menace (after watching the uncheesed edit at least). I also like Thrawn a lot. Good character. Bits and pieces of Rebels are fine. KOTOR is my nostalgic bliss.

I love Star Wars very much, which is why I'm so critical and cynical towards what we've gotten so far. This isn't the Star Wars I know. I'm quick to judge, I know, and it'll probably get better, but in all honesty as it stands I've just not enjoyed what Disney and their partners have done to the lore so far.

We can totally agree to disagree though. We're all Star Wars fans here of different types.
>>
>>90428176
>Rebels is as mature as Star Wars always been

Except its not
>>
>>90428214
>Yes, I even enjoyed The Phantom Menace

>even
You're the worst kind of person.
>>
>>90428173
Compare her to Episode 2's Anakin
We got a good character out of him eventually
The same can happen to Rey

Also, things aren't looking up for TLJ. Rian Johnson isn't a good writer.
>>
>>90428214
>I thought a KOTOR Sith Trooper had appeared in a Disney-licensed mobile game. Maybe not.
It did, but the game isn't canon.
>>
>>90428229
Read the 16 words in the rest of my post, and then try to deny it.
>>
>>90427754
I'm sitting here thinking of an answer, and it feels like such an asspull...

The Empire is still able to create Defenders in the future, so it's pretty much a given that they still have the schematics, if not the collected data as a whole. The attack is more designed to reduce their abilities to make more (ignoring actual costs/resources/etc.), but it obviously still doesn't make up for the losses dealt to the Rebels. Gotta make sure that they don't get their first major win until Scarif, after all.
>>
>>90428214
By the movies I mean the original six, just to clear up any confusion.

>>90428176
I just didn't. It was a story that didn't need to be told. I liked the Death Star plans raid being something of mystery or even something unimportant, a footnote in the battles between the Empire and Rebellion. To get its own war movie (and a war movie that, let's be honest, pussywhips the Empire pretty hard when Vader isn't on screen) and to have something we already know, which is the Rebels got the plans, and not really expand on it too much just felt like filler content until the next movie.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-04-19h43m07s80.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-04-19h43m07s80.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>90428267
>Compare her to Episode 2's Anakin
Hayden was infinitely better in AOTC than Ridley was in TFA.
>>
>>90428296
They may have deemed it too expensive for widespread production
>>
>>90428280
Rebels didn't even have stormtroopers dying until the second season or so. They'd get knocked down and you'd see them writhing around so you knew they werent actually dead

Granted it's got better over time, its still very much playing it safe
>>
Has this been shown in a comic or something yet?
>>
what time we watching the episode on cytube?
>>
>>90428262
The anticheese edit, anon, the anticheese edit. Watching it without it was pretty painful.
>>
>>90428329
I really can't agree with that
>>
>>90428379
>pretty painful
wat
TPM is a good film.
>>
The tragedy of darth plageius the wise
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-04-19-53-45.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-04-19-53-45.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>90428368
Fuck forgot image.
>>
i'm only just noticing the red imperial guards in the darth plagueis scene
>>
>>90428352
>Rebels didn't even have stormtroopers dying until the second season or so.
Incorrect.

>They'd get knocked down and you'd see them writhing around
That shit happened in TCW too m8
>>
Rebels Recon is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ez3y6BZGrk
>>
>>90428486
Can you give me a quick rundown on Darth Plagueis the Wise?
>>
>>90428352
>Rebels didn't even have stormtroopers dying until the second season or so
They were dying from the first episode. There were only a handful of times we'd see them writhing.
>>
File: visibly falls to the dark side.webm (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
visibly falls to the dark side.webm
2MB, 1920x816px
>>90428486
Did you spot this too?
>>
>>90428537
It never looked like they were dying, the animation is so floaty and soft nothing has any impact.
>>
>>90428352
There was Stormtroopers dying in the very first episode. Did you forget Kallus kicking his own men off a cliff, or the Stormies shot and left in space?

The writhing bodies were actually quite rare.

Not to mention the execution scene late season 1.

You could argue that Rebels has actually gotten darker and more mature than ANH and ROTJ.

No idea how someone could suggest that it wasn't being considered as more than a kids show by Disney.
>>
>>90428539
Not him, but are you talking about the eye?
>>
>>90428486
just noticed them this watch through as well

did we ever get a name for the umbaran that is sitting with palpatine
>>
>>90428530
No, go back to /pol/
>>
>>90422510
Ah yes, diplomats, the most down to earth people there are.
>>
>>90428619
Yes, Sly Moore. Literally the first Umbaran they ever created.
>>
>>90428644
>le /pol/ boogeyman

You know its possible that a meme can be posted enough on a board that it starts getting posted by people on said board and not just by crossposters, right?
>>
>>90428596
Anakin's face morphs between two separate takes
>>
>>90428690
So then you're still guilty of perpetuating an unfunny meme
>>
>>90428673
>Sly Moore
I wonder if she's shady
>>
File: 1485743687245.jpg (102KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
1485743687245.jpg
102KB, 950x633px
>>90428713
Oh, I'm sorry the meme doesn't cater to your sense of humor. I'll be sure to run all my memes by you in the future to avoid such unpleasantries
>>
>>90428705
I was certain you were talking about how, if you look very close, his eye turns orange after that morph, like the eyes of Sith.
>>
Is there a Star War podcast worth checking out?
>>
>>90428815
Not really. I've been curious to hear MSW's podcasts just because they have like 10 of them and I want to know what the hell they talk about to justify having that many weekly podcasts, but I can never bring myself to actually do it.
>>
>yfw when canonfags get there panties bunched up
>>
Why does the Empire's symbol look closer to the CIS one than the Republic's?
>>
>>90428852
I think the only reason they even do that is to cover up how little real news they've had. After TFA they had nothing. Almost all of their scoops for RO and TLJ have been second-hand and repeated from other sites.
>>
File: star wars emblems.jpg (78KB, 1520x846px) Image search: [Google]
star wars emblems.jpg
78KB, 1520x846px
>>90429007
It doesn't
>>
so did they run out of money in the budget to afford english-speaking actors for any jedi that isn't ki adi mundi or something
>>
File: IMG_8189.gif (23KB, 276x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8189.gif
23KB, 276x232px
>>90425420
https://youtu.be/CmTcqDZjit8
>3:13-5:47
The scene this goes with completely justified the Disney purchase for me.
>>
>>90428673
>Umbaran
where did they come from and why is there technology so advanced?
>>
>>90429121
What?
>>
FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT
FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT FILLER SHIT
>>
>>90425590
>>90425634
But JJ isn't working on TLJ
>>
>>90429087
It really does
Even in your pic, the first three look like an evolution
They're all radially symmetrical revolving around a central roundness
>>
>>90428516
Did Andi's tits shrink?
>>
>>90429142
didn't this guy only have a couple months to completely redo the RO soundtrack?

He did an amazing job.
>>
>>90429007
It looks closer to the Republic's than the CIS, it's literally a tweaked Republic logo
>>
>>90429161
Mundi is literally the only "minor" jedi to actually talk in these movies
>>
>>90429244
one month
>>
>>90429231
She saw how obsessed you all are with her
>>
>>90428516
NOHGRI FAGS BTFO NO DANTOOINE CONFIRMED

WILL REBELS EVER RECOVER?
>>
>>90429287
Okay, all that means is that the others didn't need lines
>>
>>90429283
My bad, I thought that the Republic always had the Firebird or whatever it's called
It does at least in the KotOR period
>>
File: stream.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
stream.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
STREAM

N O W

Come join us for some Rebels and Recon!
>>
>>90429293
the absolute madman
>>
>>90428516
Wow even the Rebels Recon was filler shit.
>>
File: Veers_targets.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Veers_targets.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>general veers will never have his own theme song

why bother living any more?
>>
File: glassesarecanonnow.jpg (26KB, 822x398px) Image search: [Google]
glassesarecanonnow.jpg
26KB, 822x398px
Glasses in Star Wars?

Really?
>>
>>90429514
Best Imperial Boy deserves so much more
>>
>>90429542
That's what was bothering me
>>
rebels is just shitty in general, the only good thing about the show is the imperials mucking around.
>>
File: 1476657957628.jpg (31KB, 627x719px) Image search: [Google]
1476657957628.jpg
31KB, 627x719px
>>90429591
>tfw dont like Rebels but keep watching it because I'm a slave to Star Wars
>>
>people STILL don't think Sidious threw the fight
also I can't watch this without cracking up, it's like the plane scene of star wars
>>
>>90429542
No, no no, those aren't glasses! Those are... uh... plastispecs! Yes, that's it!
>>
File: pablohidalgo-swcom_53282f6d.jpg (675KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pablohidalgo-swcom_53282f6d.jpg
675KB, 1920x1080px
>>90429542
do u have a fucking problem
>>
>>90429636
i cant even bring my self to do that, god help me ive really tried.

it just comes off like a teen drama season one and now this shit with a little girl being mandalore.
>>
>>90429542
glasses do seem kind of out of place in star wars, and why is pablo in star wars?
>>
File: (you).png (529KB, 606x900px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
529KB, 606x900px
>>90429591
>>
>>90429703
>I hate that I'm forced to watch Rebels, let me cite shit that hasn't happened
>>
>>90429542
didn't George make Pablo take his glasses off in his cameo because he didn't like the idea of glasses in star wars?
>>
File: ugh.png (26KB, 256x142px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
26KB, 256x142px
>>90429651
the anakin submitting himself to sidious has a weirdly sexual feel, makes me really uncomfortable
>>
>>90429651
>that flip he does while grinning and then landing awkwardly on a chair
>>
>>90429703
You should maybe get your head of our your butt and actually watch it, rather than complain about stuff that never happened

Who knows, you might enjoy it
>>
>>90429703
>shit with a little girl being mandalore.
Which she said she wouldn't do and is specifically looking for another leader
>>
File: eyes.png (351KB, 1189x568px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
351KB, 1189x568px
They should've animated in Anakin's lazy eye.
>>
Kinda getting tired of how many victories the Rebels are having this season
When the Empire was more or less faceless, it was ok but now we keep seeing Thrawn getting whupped each time
>>
>>90429514
GENERAL VEERS GENERAL VEERS GLORIOUS IMPERIAL ARMY GENERAL VEERS

he commands imperial walkers, he shows fear towards vader HES LOYAL CONFIDANT AND EXTERMELY PASSIONAAAAAATE ABOUT HIS JOOOOOB

he has very nice cheek booones, HE SHOWS NO FEAR GENERAL VEERS, HIS DEATH WAS NEVER SHOWN ON SCREEN HE WILL LIVE IN OUR HEEEEEAAARTS

for-eveeeeeeer
>>
>>90429939
I want to give you a record deal
>>
>>90429934
>r u a sith
>>
>>90429936
>this has never happened though
>>
File: a little sad.png (55KB, 287x241px) Image search: [Google]
a little sad.png
55KB, 287x241px
>having to watch order 66
>>
>>90429936
>seeing Thrawn getting whupped each time
Have you even been watching aspie?
>>
>>90429836
sure maybe ill watch dawsons creek after and ill blog about my feelings to
>>
>>90429936
He's been whooped maybe once? The infiltrator being sent back and destroying one of his ships. Even then he saw that as an opportunity since it confirmed the rebels were on one of the worlds the infiltrators had been sent to.
>>
>>90430012
When has he actually won something that wasn't twisted into "All according to keikaku"?
>>
>>90429169
How the fuck was this episode filler? It was one of the more important moments for the forming of the Rebel Alliance.
>>
>>90430048
Well at least you're admitting you don't actually watch the show
>>
File: 1472014601990.jpg (80KB, 350x526px) Image search: [Google]
1472014601990.jpg
80KB, 350x526px
>>90429703
It isn't great, but it's not the worst Star Wars thing ever.

I don't personally view any of it is as canon, however.

Sad thing is with Disney and their artificially squeaky-clean family friendly shit we'll never get anything from the Imperial perspective now, because the Imperials are mean evil bigot nazi racist fascist buzzword buzzwording buzzwords and we can't have anything about that.
>>
>>90429764
this show has a disturbing about of pedophiles fallowing it.
>>
>>90430058
Do you not know how long game works?
>>
>>90430057
What about this episode?
>I know exactly where they are so I'll use my best resource to kill the Rebels and the traitor senator!
>still fails
>>
>>90430109
Implying the current generation gives a damn about the long game.

It's either instant gratification, or it's shit
>>
>>90430136
He didn't even go. That was Pryce.
>>
>>90430109
That's the thing
We know for a fact that Thrawn will fail and likely will be dead before Rogue One
>>
>>90430062
Ignore the shitposter
>>
>>90430136
See >>90430099

Disney has to maintain a family friendly advertising vehicle for its shareholders. Having the Imperials ever win would trigger parents and liberals and they'd go apeshit
>>
>>90430136
Did you miss the part where Pryce volunteered to go do it and Thrawn stayed behind?
>>
File: wh-what.png (180KB, 303x339px) Image search: [Google]
wh-what.png
180KB, 303x339px
>>90430167
anon please don't say such things
>>
>>90430099
>the next two Novels are both Imperial-led
really activated my almonds
>>
So what's with all the shitposters tonight? It feels like we're playing /tv/'s greatest hits.
>>
>>90430220
Weekend

If only we were smart enough not to reply...
>>
>>90430200
sheev sent a lot of people toward the unknown regions after his death, he could very well end up in the same place the was before the canon purge
>>
I always felt sorry for the utapauans, fighting alongside the clones to win their freedom and then the empire happens and they're right back to being slaves again
>>
>>90430219
Judging by the track record of Aftermath it'll have gay lesbian trans Imperial officers who become lesbians and defect from the Empire after beating up a white male officer and sticking it to the patriarchy.

That's how it'd be if Wendig is involved, at least.
>>
>>90430154
>>90430190
The person who gives the orders is still responsible
That's how chain of command works.

Thrawn had the resources and knowledge to kill Gold and Phoenix squadrons as well as the traitor
He blew it
>>
File: sheevlol.png (45KB, 161x194px) Image search: [Google]
sheevlol.png
45KB, 161x194px
>>90430263
>the shit that gives sheev the giggles
>>
>>90430263
>feeling sorry for alien scum

lol
>>
>>90430220
there's a star wars marathon on
>>
>>90428516
As Ezra's hair shortens so Taylor's hair keeps getting longer.
>>
>>90430290
Well the books are from Claudia Grey and Timophy Zahn, and I don't recall any SJW-tier shit in their previous books, so you can rest easy there anon
>>
Hondo?.... where are you Hondo? I need the latest episode!
>>
>>90430324
Revenge of the Sith is on, and it's the memest of the movies
>>
>>90430365
Mara was mildly SJW-tier, but not as blatant or obnoxious as Wendig's characters.
>>
>>90430368
Hondo doesn't come until Sundays. There's a link to a mega in the thread but you're too lazy to do a ctrl f.
>>
>>90430324
>>90430370
That explains it
>>
File: nope23.png (461KB, 550x449px) Image search: [Google]
nope23.png
461KB, 550x449px
>ratings go down on rebels
>reveal EU character, profit

have any rebel higher ups appears? ackbar?
>>
>>90430474
Yeah I don't think they even release the 1080 until later. Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to get something early.
>>
>>90430613
No, never, we literally only have six rebel characters
>>
>>90420766
In KoTOR 2 Dantooine's capital was Khoonda, lead by Administrator Adare. But the planet itself had a population of roughly 90-100 countering the scavengers and mercenaries squatting on the planet as well.

It's possible that by the time of the movies, the Empire didn't claim it due to it's tactical insignificance. The sheer resources needed to hold outer rim shitholes like Tatooine or Dantooine would bleed the Empire dry----it's possible that's the reason the Rebellion met there.
>>
>>90430613
Mon Mothma just appeared.

Also, your theory about ratings and shit is just completely wrong
>>
>>90430613
Bail Organa's been on the show since the first season and we literally just got Mon Mothma. Good job paying attention.
>>
i've always wondered if Vader killed the mouse droids too
>>
Wait a minute, where the fuck is Kanan?
>>
>>90430474
I Ctrl'ed f Hondo!
>>
>>90428516
I'm beginning to think Steve Blum lives in that office, no doubt bunking with Chopper under Andi's desk
>>
>>90430790
Dead
>>
>>90430790
Ezra says on a supply mission at the beginning of the episode
>>
>>90430696
Mouse droids are cute, not even Sith lords would destroy them
>>
>>90430639
>In KoTOR 2
That literally does not matter at all. It's Legends.
>>
File: 1452739990647.jpg (180KB, 1500x950px) Image search: [Google]
1452739990647.jpg
180KB, 1500x950px
>>90417072
>Mark: What has Luke progression been like since ROTJ?

>JJ: Well...he was playing on the roof..
>>
>>90417072
There's nothing wrong with Luke's status in TFA
Don't you want him to be mythical?

Its now up to TLJ to deliver
>>
>>90420854
>Implying falling down a garbage chute on a stable planet where you can casually assemble yourself some new legs is the same as doing it on a giant space station which is going to explode in a few minutes
>Implying Sheev didn't make it off the second Death Star, and isn't riding Maul's real ass which he had on ice, right this very moment.
>>
>>90431057
Luke having mythical status is fine.

Luke's Jedi Order having all been killed and then having Luke fuck off for unexplained reasons isn't.
>>
>>90431057
>Don't you want him to be mythical?
Entire god damn point of Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back, was that he's going to be different, better than the Jedi before.
He won't fuck off and meditate on the doom of the world, just because of some mantra about how a Jedi's only supposed to "Use the Force for Knowledge, and Defence. Never for Attack!"
>>
>>90431096
As long as Rey is the reason they died, I think I can deal with it...
>>
>>90431410
>>90431410
>>90431410

New thread
Thread posts: 656
Thread images: 147

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.