[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that Logan is out, and both Jackman and Stewart say they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: X-Men Logo.jpg (69KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men Logo.jpg
69KB, 1200x750px
So now that Logan is out, and both Jackman and Stewart say they're done with the characters, what can we expect in the future from the FoX-men. I know there will be a Deadpool 2, but what else?
>>
There's a new movie coming out with the new kids + McAvoy
>>
>>90414613
I'm so sick of wolverine, Jewgneto and Xavier, even deadpool

Its time for Cyclops to shine
>>
The new one is definitely happening. Not much is confirmed other than McAvoy and Jean are returning and it won't include Magneto.

It's likely that longtime writer / producer Simon Kinberg will be directing and the story is Dark Phoenix set in the 90's. New Mutants also has a date for filming and the Gambit movie with Channing Tatum is happening again so expect all of these things and possibly Deadpool 2 to interact
>>
>>90414711
Cyclops sucks m8
>>
Infinity War ending

>after the 3 year long siege called 'Titan Siege'
>Earth is exposed to both alien viruses and superior alien threat
>the human bodies' greatest asset; which is to survive and adapt started to mutate
>people whose genes contains these mutations developed abilities that would help them survive in harsh threats
>thus born the Homo sapien superior

There you go, make it so that adults like Xavier and Magneto mutated in their 30s instead and only a few people are capable of this and all new mutants are born only after Infinity War
>>
>>90414711
>Cyclops

No.
He has no character.
"But the comics-"

No one gives a fuck about the comics in the audience.
>>
>>90414711
>muh rightclops
Scott Summers is an awful character and complaining on 4chan that he gets zero attention will not change that.
>>
>>90414613
Channing Tatum is apparently still getting a Gambit movie.
New Mutants is happening.
Yet another Dark Phoenix movie because they think they won't fuck it up again for some reason.
>>
>>90414711
>Its time for Cyclops to shine

Unfortunately, they hired Miles Teller's stunt double to play him for the near future.
>>
I really hope that Deadpool 2 has Hugh Jackman as a completely different character
>>
>>90414880
He should be an alternate universe Deadpool who didn't turn ugly
>>
>>90414828

>Cap: And a new species is born... and they shall be known as... HOMO-
>Avengers: STEEEEEEEEVE!
>Cap: What? I was gonna say: HOMO SUPERIOR!
>Tony: *turns to camera* Forgive him folks, he's from another era *winks*
>Avengers: Hahahahahaha
>Spidey: I'd like to take this opportunity to say.... I am a proud gay man.
>Avengers: Yaaaaay! *collectively hoist Spidey up on shoulders*
>Tony: Alright everybody, let's party!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMRYLVTUswU
>credits
>>
>>90414711
Fuck Cyc
Make Gambit popular as fuck again.
>>
david harbour may be playing cable in deadpool 2

I could see Cable and X Force having their own universe as opposed to the avengers
>>
>>90414613
They're still planning to do a 90s movie I think and then they'll probably do a Generation X or something with the new kids.
>>
>>90414613
New Mutants is happening with Magik, Wolfsbane, Moonstar, Cannonball, and Sunspot. I may be forgetting someone.

Next X-men movie is supposedly titled Supernova, not sure if that's final. It's Dark Phoenix with Sophie Turner Jean from Apocalypse

Gambit movie is supposedly still happening, not sure if I believe that.

Also X-Force and Deadpool 3 are probably the same thing.

After that, maybe Shi'ar stuff? Dark Phoenix might shoehorn in some space parts to deal with the Phoenix Force and test the waters, but Singer has been talking about space for a while. If Guardians 2 is successful, and parts of Avengers 3 & 4 are in space, Fox might rush to go to space because they see it as popular.

Also, you know X-23 is going to time travel back to join the main team or something. They cast a young actress who can be in plenty of movies, and she's one of the most praised elements of Logan. Fox can't resist money, they'll fuck up Logan to do it.
>>
Launch a full reboot of the franchise off the back of Deadpool.
With costumes and fun characters and shit like that.
>>
>>90415148
I really really want X-23 to go back in time and meet her daddy except he's a different actor and she's weirded out
>>
I want Wolverine to to join the MCU.
>Past is left vague, only reference Weapon X program as origin
>Handle the mutant thing like Wanda
>New actor is a manlet like Robert, only no platform shoes to hide it
>Wears the yellow costume with mask
>Steve swears he remembers Logan from WW2
FOX can keep the rest.
>>
If big "event" movies like Apocalypse (and the upcoming Dark Phoenix shit) continue to be subpar, while creator-driven, character-focued stuff like Deadpool and Logan are praised, they'll focus on character spinoffs.

The one thing the MCU does consistently right over X-Men is variety. If not in plots (or villains, ever), in the type of heroes they adapt. Things like Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, and Thor 3 will put some space between Civil War and the next Avengers appearance so that it doesn't seem to audiences like the status quo is in a perpetual yoyo to manufacture stakes, even if it is. Even if Steve and Tony bury the hatchet entirely too quickly, the intervening movies that don't include them at all give the impression that time passed.

X-men does exactly the opposite by piling up world-ending disaster on world-ending disaster one film after the other, and it loses its impact due to self-imposed one-upmanship. The need to make Apocalypse "bigger" than DoFP is what made it so hammy and unfocused. The two movies were two years apart, which is actually more space around each release than the MCU's world-ending-disaster-density, but it feels like a shorter timespan because there are few, if any, breaks between them.

tl;dr X-Men can't sustain the momentum of one-upping their own stakes, and needs more spinoffs to space out their unfocused "big" movies.
>>
>>90415350
>X-men does exactly the opposite by piling up world-ending disaster on world-ending disaster one film after the other

Not really. The X-men films are superior to the MCU because they're largely character driven. Apocalypse was the first that felt like a response to the success of the END OF THE WORLD CGI WORLD DESTROYING movies.
>>
File: 1438879312613.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1438879312613.png
260KB, 358x310px
>>90414711
>Its time for Cyclops to shine
>>
New Mutants
X-Force
Gambit

Wait for Dafne Keen to grow up to play X-23 (You could tell she's gonna grow up to be gorgeous) in a solo movie.
>>
>>90415407
You actually believe this, don't you?
>>
>>90414764
>>90414832
>>90414844
>>90415062
>>90415451
>All this bad taste
>>
>>90416308
I wonder how X-23 will show up in future films.
Would she be in the main films? Personally I think giving her a R rated solo film is a better idea because crazy timelines.
>>
>>90414613
I have a Wishlist:
X-23 and Sabretooth roadmovie
Exiles
X-force
>>
>>90415340
>86
>>>90414613 (OP)
>>90414828

You're never getting the Mutants in the MCU, get over it. You're getting shitty inhumans and you're going to like it
>>
>>90421846
>X-23 and Sabretooth roadmovie
I didn't know I wanted this
>>
>>90422181
You're welcome.
>>
>>90414711
Beast needs his time to shine. He was cucked out of a place in the original trilogy, and X3 doesn't make up for that. He's been sidelined pretty badly in the new trilogy also.

Did he even do anything in Apocalypse? That movie was too chaotic for anything to be memorable besides the Quicksilver scene, and that was not memorable for a good reason, but because it was an out-of-place, flow-breaking spectacle.

He's also a superior blue guy and superior co-leader to Mystique.
>>
>>90422734
No, Shiny
>>
>>90415350
i'm pretty sure they care more about box office than "praise". hell ss was a success to wb because it brought in a lot of money even the film was horrendous.

they'll still do the big mandatory movies every 2 to 3 years and just as much character-focused movies, only now they won't all be about wolverine
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.