[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batgirl thread Best incarnation? Is it possible to have a batgirl/woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x316px
Batgirl thread

Best incarnation? Is it possible to have a batgirl/woman who embodies the idea of a Bat-Symbol vigilante which isn't just Batman with tits?

My shitty idea for a batwoman:
>Barbara Gordon tries to become legit batgirl
>killing joke level failure
>near death
>a mix of bane venom, and poison ivy poison combine into a new formula
>keeps Barbara from dying and makes her Batman level peak human ability but
>she is like a deformed snow-white faced Frankenstein now
>constantly battling the effects of all the toxins in her system which Bruce / Fox pay millions to supply with anti-toxin
>Frankenstein-level deformed
>Barbara Gordon pronounced dead
>becomes a recluse at Wayne Manor when not fighting crime
>costume looks like an albino batsuit
>is the scariest vigilante by a mile due to appearance and shrieking when picking off criminals
>>
>>90408500
Sounds fucking horrible. I pray every night to God, thanking him because I know 99% of the people who post in /co/ will never become actual comic book writers.
The remaining 1% are the kind of hacks who write comics for current Marvel
>>
>>90408540
Fair enough, i feel the same way about /tv/
>>
How about a Solomon Grundy version instead? Batgirl brought back to life under similar means distanced from her old life: the Batwoman identity is what she feels closest to: the Barbara Gordon original becomes the lie.
>>
>>90408500
Best incarnation is definitely Steph. But Cass was good, too. And Babs Year One, but she should really be Oracle (whether she can walk or not).
>>
>>90408500
Here's my idea for a Batgirl/woman

>Dead parents
>Adopted by Bruce
>Leaves the manor to do the same shit Bruce did to become Batman
>Comes back as Batwoman
>Never finds out Bruce is Batman
>>
File: Batgirl #5 001.jpg (731KB, 1280x1959px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl #5 001.jpg
731KB, 1280x1959px
Noto Steph
>>
File: Batgirl #9 001.jpg (618KB, 1280x1961px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl #9 001.jpg
618KB, 1280x1961px
Artgerm Steph
>>
File: Batgirl_21_Oroboros_CPS_001.jpg (626KB, 1280x1981px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_21_Oroboros_CPS_001.jpg
626KB, 1280x1981px
Nguyen Steph
>>
Some Nguyen Cass
>>
And some more
>>
File: RR_25_Oroboros_CPS_001.jpg (370KB, 1280x1980px) Image search: [Google]
RR_25_Oroboros_CPS_001.jpg
370KB, 1280x1980px
Marcus To Cass
>>
>>90409121
Yeah all I'm seeing is batman with tits.
>>
File: Red Robin 010001.jpg (468KB, 1280x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Red Robin 010001.jpg
468KB, 1280x1976px
>>90409250
But the hair! (That's probably a big part of why I love Black Bat way more than Batgirl, as an outfit.)

Also: Marcus To Steph
>>
>>90408500
The Bat Girl title should be a temporary phase before a character finds their own identity like the various Robins. Barbara should pass the suit to another and move on to become Oracle.

To make a Batwoman more than just Batman with tits, I'd tie her to more occult stories. She would be a magnet for supernatural phenomena like in the Sixth Sense except with more punching.
>>
>>90410026
My thinking on this is that motivation for women is different to men.

Bruce Wayne avenges the murder of his parents through pursuing the Batman ideal.

Dick Grayson is the same but with a father figure to guide him.

Barbara has daddy issues but is otherwise a normal young woman with everything going for her: that's not a justification to become a member of the bat family. A kind of character death us needed: a death of a normal life potential:

The best vigilante-type female character I've seen is Uma Thurman's the bride in kill bill.

>betrayed by past allies
>loses years of life / new life she tried to make
>loses baby / becomes barren

These are needed to fuel the character into full on revenge mode.

Batwoman needs this big time.
>>
>>90411142
>Batwoman needs this big time.
Her mother and sister's death?

Her motivation is there. It just took her a longer time to harness it than Batman or NIghtwing did.
>>
>>90408500
>embodies the idea of a bat symbol
>let's give her superpowers and a deformity
Well at least you admitted the idea was shitty.

But to answer your question, yes, it was possible. But Didio and nostalgiafags would rather try and keep trying to make Babs work than embrace Cassandra.
>>
The Killing Joke animated film Batgirl is best rhuBarb
>>
>>90411493
You mean, a mentally unstable violent cunt who bites more than she could chew?
>>
>>90408500
>Is it possible to have a batgirl/woman who embodies the idea of a Bat-Symbol vigilante which isn't just Batman with tits?

I don't understand this question.

Are you asking if its possible to completely redefine Batman's brand of vigilantism while still technically being part of the Batfam?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.