[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does she has to be Asian can't white British women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: 5105623-psylocke_fanart.png (1MB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
5105623-psylocke_fanart.png
1MB, 600x927px
Why does she has to be Asian
can't white British women learn martial arts?
>>
>>90406493
Because no one has undone Claremont's stupid fetish bodyswap yet
>>
You don't want to have a superior Asian body?
>>
there was an event where the villains changed up the heroes they attacked and Betsy became Lady Mandarin for reasons I don't remember and she stayed Asian because Jim Lee liked to draw her and horny fanboys

>>90406554

It was Jim Lee dammit!!

british Betsy superior
>>
>>90406554
are sjws okay with this?
>>
>>90406706
They don't read comics. They just look at the covers.
>>
>>90406706
Actual SJW here. Some of cultural misappropriation people are a little annoyed, but it's not like we can really get mad 'on behalf' of anyone here. No one really has any standing. Is it an insult to Asians? Probably. Is it an insult to Caucasians? Probably. Is it weird fucking 90s comic book body swap shit? Yea.

All in all kind of wash, and there's bigger things to get annoyed about with regards to Psylocke, like how she's usually an Escher girl. We get pretty reeeee about that shit, well before the cultural misappropriation people get involved, and this is such a weird case to get worked up over any sort of misappropriation.
>>
>>90410182
I hate you so much for typing that.
>>
It's funny how you get all these tumblr types hating her because of the set ninja girl stereotype, but then you go on pixiv or look at Japanese cosplayers and westaboos like her for being a sexy ninja girl.
>>
stop smoing so much pot and you'll be a fuck
>>
>>90410182
>Escher girl.

What in the fuck is that
>>
>>90406554
>stupid
come on, psylocke was terrible with that stupid butterly mask costume, shes way better then she was before, before she was just a low budget jean grey
>>
>>90410182
Please leave.
>>
>>90410811
>What in the fuck is that

Not xir but it's a term for when artists twist a female character in extreme ways to show off their boobs and butts

Most 2d stuff has some degree of deliberate orthography (the bending of things so that they are visible to the 'camera' when they shouldn't be), which is why 3d that mimics 2d looks 'odd', but sometimes it's pretty extreme especially when you compound it with bad anatomy
>>
>>90410811
It's tumblr's word for sexualized anatomy. The idea is that only Escher could have drawn the characters because their poses are so "crazy."
>>
>It is a "female psychic mutant" episode
>>
File: Escher_Girl.png (688KB, 621x557px) Image search: [Google]
Escher_Girl.png
688KB, 621x557px
>>90411003
>The idea is that only Escher could have drawn the characters because their poses are so "crazy."

http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/
>>
>>90410182

Just reading that made my brain hurt..
>>
File: Escher__Relativity_611_586_s.jpg (405KB, 611x586px) Image search: [Google]
Escher__Relativity_611_586_s.jpg
405KB, 611x586px
>>90411085
There seems to be issues of scale about this. A lot are at "probably not comfortable to stay in but doable" or just "wonky attempt at perspective". Hardly a bizarre mockery of your ideas of space.
>>
File: Escher_girl2.jpg (145KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Escher_girl2.jpg
145KB, 800x1280px
>>90411128

Yeah, hardly.
>>
>>90406493
>Claremont created character
Anything remotely weird about a Claremont character has one answer. "Fetish"
>>
File: kiss_band13.jpg (91KB, 490x356px) Image search: [Google]
kiss_band13.jpg
91KB, 490x356px
Because she's better that way
>>
File: Escher_Girl3.gif (719KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
Escher_Girl3.gif
719KB, 422x750px
>>90411128

Poor art skills + attempt to show off boobs and butt at the same time = impossible pose = Escher Girl

Incidentally, I don't think hot comicbook girls is sexist, nor do I think sexy poses are sexist (Spiderman has more sexy poses than anyone), I just think there's a lot of shit commercial art out there that suffers from the "Escher Girl" effect (poor art skills + impossible pose meant to show off boobs and butt)
>>
>>90410182
The worse part is that I can actually understand this both the jargon and in some ways, the intent.

If I understand this right, SJWs aren't so much annoyed by the fact that Psylocke's a British woman inside of an Asian woman's body as the story and character is a product of it's time.

However, what they get annoyed with is the fact that Psylocke is often sexualized by artists.

I will agree on one thing. Gender equality is needed. Give me some Escher boys goddamnit.
>>
>>90411246
Escher boys are just bara
>>
File: cultulal_applopliation.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cultulal_applopliation.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>90410182
The thing I find odd about SJWs is how much they push for segregation. Everyone is categorized by race. Each race has a culture that can only be used by that particular race.

It's really a bunch of "separate but equal" bullshit.
>>
Why can't an Asian woman who knows martial arts be British?
>>
It was a bit weird researching psylocke. She's basically a white woman in an Asian woman's corpse. So she's racially a trans white character or something.

I have no idea if that's still canon. Just keep her Asian like the Marvel vs Capcom games most kids know her as
>>
>>90412068
she can but white girls aperantly can't learn martial arts
>>
>>90412203
What's the difference between a culturally British (non-indigenous) Asian girl learning foreign martial arts, and a culturally Japanese (non-indigenous) White girl learning domestic martial arts?
>>
>>90406493
She didn't become asian to learn martial arts. She became asian because Claremont and Lee are fuckin perverts
>>
>>90410182
Slit your own throat
>>
>>90406493
Anyone confused at some of the decisions they made in the Apocalypse movie:
>Take a character with a famous power upgrade and major look change in the comics
>In the movie, have her join up with the guy that gives other guys power upgrades and changes their looks.
>But for some reason you just have her start out already powered up and with that same look, and it never changes.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Have her start out as a meek vanilla telepath then have Apocalypse upgrade her to the mind-knife ninja chick. But for some reason they just didn't.
>>
>>90412239
They are not body swapped
>>
>>90410182
I'm happy about this post.
It introduced me to the escher girl website.
Now I can find all the cheesecake artists in one place and jerk off to all that art.
>>
Nobody gives a shit about Psylocke anyway
>>
>>90406605
Lee designed the character but Psylocke's body issues is 100% Claremont's idea. It's Betsy's entire character arc since Sabertooth beat her ass during Mutants Massacre.

Begging you to read and X-Men and stop reading blogs.
>>
>>90406706
They don't know enough about the comics to complain about it
>>
>>90410182
You have very, very little going on I your professional and personal life eh?
>>
>>90412534
It's because Bryan Singer doesn't like or read comics beyond what is the 'flavor of the month' or an 'all time' classic. Because of that, the likelihood of getting a good story that doesn't either jerk off his pets or focuses on more interesting characters is low.
>>
>>90411998
They also like "stay in your lane" which is a rewording of "know your role"
>>
>>90410182
>we get so upset about a style of depicting women that we gave it a distinct nickname and website highlighting its greatest transgressors
>this will make a difference for our cause!
>>90412881
>Now I can find all the cheesecake artists in one place and jerk off to all that art

SJWs are all just retards who act more out of their own personal sense of disgust than actual concern for their cause. That's why they always come up with "solutions" that are either inconsequential or counterproductive. Real activists actually operate pragmatically.
>>
I dont know but Psylocke hated her body before the bodyswap

She even started wearing an armor after that "dream" she had of her inner desires to match her appearence during the dream

She complained a lot about her body and stuff buy yeah, it was kind of racist
>>
>>90412180
Her face is still intended to be readable as "Betsy Braddock".
>>
>>90406493
If she is a Esper in a asian body, how is she a ninja? Who trained her? Her mind "Psyche" replaced the other.

If my mind was placed on Ryu Hayabusa's body, I could not and don't know shit about being a ninja. I would just have a very strong, fit body.
>>
Like it or not, nobody cared about Psylocke before she became a sexy ninja. Before that she was literally just Jean with purple hair and less personality. Becoming ninjalocke was the best thing to ever happen to her.
>>
>>90411246
go read Nightwing and aquaman.
>>
Just how good of a ninja is Psylocke? How does she stack up to Hayabusa, Strider Hiryu, Snake Eyes, Joe Mushashi, TMNT, Cassandra, Taki?
>>
>>90415828
It is more complex merging of traits than that.
>>
To appeal better to nerds. She already checks a ton of boxes
>british
>revealing outfit
>vaguely domineering
>ninja
>psychic
>nice ass
>also asian
>>
>>90415926
Her ninja techniques themselves are weaker because the Hand fucking suck, but she has her psychic stuff to split the difference.
>>
>>90411203
You're retarded. That image deliberately ignores that character's back.
>>
>>90415860
>Like it or not, nobody cared about Psylocke before she became a sexy ninja.
This
>>
File: 0Disgustoo.jpg (201KB, 760x1196px) Image search: [Google]
0Disgustoo.jpg
201KB, 760x1196px
>>90412881
mfw they have tags
>sexualized-in-defeat
>>
You know, it's weird but I don't think I've ever seen Asian ninja psylocke ever have inner dialogue. Brit Betsy had facial expressions, got scared, thought about stuff. Ninja psylocke just sort of stands around posing.
>>
>>90420374
Also as she ever had a scene with her brother? Like "Hey Brian hello it's me?" because I've never seen that mentioned at all
>>
File: Big british butt.png (853KB, 900x684px) Image search: [Google]
Big british butt.png
853KB, 900x684px
>>90411246
But Betsy it's for sexual anon
>>
>>90410182
If you actually describe yourself as an SJW you need to reevaluate your life
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.