[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the worst animated series of all time? Why does it have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0339.png (284KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0339.png
284KB, 480x320px
Is this the worst animated series of all time? Why does it have such a huge fandom?
>>
>>90393007
No, there's been far worse, especially from the same country.
>>
>>90393007
>Is this the worst animated series of all time?
No but it's pretty bad
>Why does it have such a huge fandom?
Large amounts of shipping
>>
Reminder that it's almost 10 years old.
>>
File: Same_Old_World_LQ_119.png (632KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Same_Old_World_LQ_119.png
632KB, 1920x1080px
>>90393073
No way! I remember binge watching it as a kid, and my friend still obsesses over it today.
>>
>>90393007
>why does it have such a huge fandom?

It attracts two separate demographics:
-The moony-eyed shipper/gossipy chick crowd who loves the token romances
-The "I love cartoon violence and seeing annoying characters suffer" crowd
>>
It's literally one of Canada's finest which doesn't mean anything compared to the US, Japan, and even France but it's still impressive for them.
>>
I though it was pretty good, there's a scene with the fat guy falling asleep and becoming one with the salmons then jumps a waterfall, that to this day has me dying.
>>
it was "fellow kids" in a nutshell
>>
>>90393250
>fellow kids
que?
>>
>>90393007
No, but it's still bad.
>Why does it have such a huge fandom?
Waifus and husbandos.
>>
>>90393007
The worst? Hardly.

In an industry that has produced the Nutshack and Johnny Test, it's rather mediocre in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>90393278
30 Rock joke where Steve Buscemi fails at going undercover as a teenager with the punchline "How do you do, fellow kids?"

That line became shorthand for any clumsy attempt by old people to relate to younger generations.
>>
File: 1487868926704.jpg (14KB, 208x209px) Image search: [Google]
1487868926704.jpg
14KB, 208x209px
>>90393408
>Steve Buscemi
>undercover as a teenager
I need a clip of this, now.
>>
>>90393128

>The "I love cartoon violence and seeing annoying characters suffer" crowd

You mean children?

>>90393250

That's 6teen
>>
>>90393491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ele_dj3ud38
>>
>>90393007
Well... Lets see
>Total Drama Island
A kind of generic, but interesting little show, if not predictable. It was fun to watch as a kiddo, so it has that nostalgic novelty of "I feel like I am not supposed to be watching this :^)", and it also has the whole "I wonder which character will get voted out next."

From a writing standpoint, it suffers from:
>Generic stereotypes
We have entire characters built off them, but some of them are given some character nicks that makes them a little interesting. For instance, Tyler.
>Tyler:
>Fits the stereotype of a jock to a T.
>Complete with red aerosuit and wristbands and shit
>Kind of dumb
But
>He is extremely accident prone
That, combined with his show offy nature, makes for fun little scenes and shenanigans. Fun times all around. Honestly, if you just take it for what it is, and you just go in with low expectations, you'll enjoy it. It was a fun show. That's it. It doesn't claim to be some big ass epic deep shit.

>Total Drama Action
An instant quality drop.
Suddenly, we remove about 65% of the original cast, and we are left with characters who were in most of season 1, so we already know about them, and there's not much more that can surprise us. So that means, that when something shitty happens, it feels like it comes out of nowhere.

Trent throwing challenges for Gwen came out of nowhere because that is a complete contradiction to the way he was in Island, and his fucking threes shit was completely autistic, as was the way Gwen was received and treated on Aftermath.

Geoff becoming a Chris-tier asshole though was kind of interesting, but seriously, I just hate how they fucking ruin characters in this and just ignore the other characters. Like I don't fucking care about god damn Owen anymore. I want to learn more about say, Eva or whatever.
>>
>>90393685
HEhe, thanks for this friendo.
>>
>>90393743
>Total Drama World Tour
Another quality drop, but it's masked by the fun challenges and songs and backgrounds.

The two new characters, Alejandro and Sierra, are fucking garbage. Alejandro is such a perfect flawless gary stu faggot that it is so fucking boring to see him manipulate everyone out of the show in stupid fucking ways, and Sierra literally only exists to fucking rape Cody. Boring as shit. Sierra was funny the first two episodes, and then it started to get annoying to see her on screen. It was even more annoying when she fucked with Cody and he tried to vote her off, and Cody's team got mad at HIM for that, and Cody had to apologize to HER. Fucking yawn.

Then there's the love triangle. For some reason, Duncan suddenly wants to fuck Gwen, and instead of just breaking up with Courtney he just goes out of his way to do it all in the worst possible way imaginable, and then the show tries to make it out like Courtney is in the wrong by having her suffer. But then again, Gwen and Courtney were only friends for like, a single episode, and then they did the kiss thing.

I dunno, after Gwen and Courtney left, the season increased in my books by atleast a +2. The Alejandro shit was still fucking annoying, but it was atleast a 7/10 at that point as opposed to the 5/10 it was before.
>>
>>90393823
That's all I got.
I haven't watched the show in about 3 years, and I didn't watch any of the new cast episodes.

I heard the one where they have villains vs heroes is aids, and I heard All Stars is pretty much Island-tier in terms of entertainment, so Idk.
>>
>>90393845
villains vs heroes and all stars are the same season
>>
>>90393823
This is your opinion. Alejandro was a great villain.
>>
>>90393007
beacuse is full of waifus.
>>
>>90395421
Garbage artstyle, garbage animation, garbage characterization, garbage dialogue, but excellent proportions on this waists and hips. 6/10
>>
>>90393007
Are you new at cartoons?

Also...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHylnwA-jV8
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.