[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a good character aside from his heavy romance arcs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Mordecool.png (331KB, 426x604px) Image search: [Google]
Mordecool.png
331KB, 426x604px
Was he a good character aside from his heavy romance arcs that stole the show?
>>
>>90391693
The only thing good about him was his voice acting

Whoever played him had this perfect twentysomething stoner voice that I imagine is difficult to imitate
>>
File: JG.jpg (201KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
JG.jpg
201KB, 652x367px
>>90391902
JG Quintel, creator of the show.

I like his voice too.
>>
I thought he was unironically cool.

This show had them be 80s college characters without overdoing it or focusing on the worst aspects.

Mordecai is one of my favorite characters of anything.
>>
>>90391693
>90391693
he was pretty down to Earth, something that you don't see often.

He reminds of Arnold
>>
>>90393144
He was cool, until he wanted to grab pussy all the time and chase away their viewership.
>>
File: hues and bues.png (1MB, 714x1006px) Image search: [Google]
hues and bues.png
1MB, 714x1006px
>>90393371
>pops was the only one who never had a love interest
>still considered by many as the worst character
>>
He's alright, he's that friend we know that's a cool guy to hang out with but turns into a retard around girls
>>
>>90393642
Pops was hardcore and saved the fucking universe.
Anyone who didn't like him is relying on the fact that they're homophobic.
>>
>>90393742
or his voice was just agitating
>>
>>90393785
>his voice was just agitating
That's no excuse, there's millions of characters who have annoying voices to but people who will say it adds to the character, making it their favorite.
>>
>>90393642
the only worst character was Eileen, following Mordecai in beta mode
>>
>>90393642
I think Pops is a pretty cool chararcter. Eh fights evil and doesn’t afraid of anything.
>>
He's a well-written normie right down to the dullest detail.
>>
>>90393875
Those people have shit taste, the problem with Pops is that he's literally brain damaged after being run over by the cart and those extremes of stunted behavior get annoying
>>
>>90391693
Complete piece of shit worst character ever
>>
>>90391693
Yes, actually. 90% of all the bullshit and flakiness and lazyness were Rigby fault. Mordecai himself was a pretty chill bro.
After learning what Rigby did in the movie, and forgiving him? Mordecai is a patron saint of brohood.
>>
>>90393956
Pops may be mentally handicapped, but he sure as hell isn't an annoying character.
>>
>>90393875
I was just filling in the blanks dude, the only time I saw people shit on the old geezer was when he had an episode or extended scene focus and someone complained about his high pitched vocals, and that ended up being often. Finale threads had it too.

>>90393924
Eileen was horrible in my opinion too, but waifufags or "cute" fags would push their shit whenever she had even a cameo.

>>90393956
I think they changed that, later. He spoke normal tone in that episode until the hit, but in newer episode flashbacks he always had it. Then again could just be poor continuity but I don't see them holding that consistently the whole series.

He was envisioned in 2005 to just be a very naive man but a nice and respectful one too, very child like but without the attitude.
>>
File: cgret.png (425KB, 726x473px) Image search: [Google]
cgret.png
425KB, 726x473px
>>90394005
It was too late to look for another best friend, to be honest.

If the show was played overly "real", I could see him forgiving him because he still needed someone at the park.

Like that one single friend you had in class and you get into and argument and you have to be the doormat and say you were in the wrong so you can still have that person in class where you need them. Even if you were right and they were doing something stupid.

The characters were way too fucking dependent on each other in unhealthy ways.
>>
File: 1470849865287.png (1MB, 989x896px) Image search: [Google]
1470849865287.png
1MB, 989x896px
>>90394156
>The characters were way too fucking dependent on each other in unhealthy ways.
Too much sexual frustration
>>
>>90393642
>"God I hate Pops, I wish they'd just kill him off"
>"no anon this is a kid show just get over it"
I always get what I want.
>>
>>90394700
It was just the outcome of being too nice for their cruel universe. He's better off dead than around jerks he has to deal with hurting his feelings.
>>
I prefer the sidekick over the straight man character
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.