[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this issue any good, or was it just a by-the-numbers "A-list

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: obama spiderman.jpg (33KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
obama spiderman.jpg
33KB, 640x320px
Was this issue any good, or was it just a by-the-numbers "A-list beats up a C-list villain" like most of Marvel's ad comics tend to be? It doesn't help that it had JSC on art.
>>
>>90389222
C-list? Chameleon is the first fucking super villain Spider-Man ever met.
>>
>>90389272
Without looking them up, can you name the first supervillains that Thor, Hulk or Iron Man fought?
>>
>>90391839
>Without looking them up, can you name the first supervillains that Thor, Hulk or Iron Man fought?

Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man don't have a lot of villains who are also household names. Spidey is on Batman's level when it comes to the general public's knowledge of his rogues gallery.
>>
>>90391839
>Iron Man
Dirty viet congs.
>>
>>90389222
I wonder if there will ever be a comic where Trump teams up with a super hero to stop a terrorist attack
>>
>>90392063
Maybe once he gets more of the liberals to see him in a positive light, before then don't count on it.
>>
>>90392023
My point is that being the first supervillain he fought is not a claim to fame.
Doctor Death is still a bottom tier character, even though he's Batman's first supervillain.
>>
>>90389222
>What if Popeye was bit by a radioactive spider?
>>
>>90392110
There has to be some conservative comic book writers.
>>
>>90392301
Since when do writers decide what the books are about over at the big 2?
>>
>>90392193
People have actually read Amazing Fantasy 15 and ASM #1, because Spidey's in that weird place where some of his absolute best is in his debut years.

Most people have not read the TtA, ToS, and JiM debuts of those three, much less their first supervillain battle. Not even most fans of those characters.
>>
>>90389222
>Caring about rankings
I'll take a good D-lister story over a mediocre A-list.
>>
>>90393101
I only say C-Lister because that's who seems to be most common, like Ghost in that schick one.
>>
>>90389272
Pretty sure that was The Terrible Tinker.
>>90391839
>Thor
Stone People
>Hulk
Metal Master
>Iron Man
Titanium Man

I'm probably wrong - been a while since I looked at any Silver Age Marvel.
>>90392301
Mike Baron, Chuck Dixon, Jim Steranko, Steve Ditko
>>
>>90393483
>Pretty sure that was The Terrible Tinker.
ASM #1 was Spidey v FF, Spidey saving JJ's astronaut son, and Spidey vs Chameleon.

Ya damn tripfag.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.