[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine if some film studio made a live-action Phoebe and Her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: EP-150329418.jpg (216KB, 1767x1932px)
EP-150329418.jpg
216KB, 1767x1932px
Imagine if some film studio made a live-action Phoebe and Her Unicorn movie with a computer-generated Marigold.
>>
>>90363461
come to think of it
this is the first calvin and holbes clone thats actually good isnt it?
>>
>>90363461
Why are you asking me to imagine something so disgusting, OP?

Have I wronged you in some way?
>>
>>90363495
Yep. It's a very cute and funny comic. If you liked C&H, I'd recommend checking it out.

Hopefully it doesn't become TOO popular, for the reason mentioned above.
>>
The worst part?

I actually once asked Dana Claire Simpson on Twitter how she'd feel if this happened, and she said she'd be fine with it as long as they got her permission.

So, Dana, unlike Bill Watterson, is perfectly fine with her cute and funny strip being turned into a corporate sellout.
>>
>>90363461
What would it possibly be about?

>>90363557
Good.
>>
>>90363557
I think you're making the mistake of conflating Watterson's views about what selling out is vs what actually selling out is.

You have to remember that Watterson's bitching was largely because of Garfield, which Davis designed intentionally to be a cash cow franchise.
>>
>>90363571
The same plot as all the other cheap live-action movie sellouts of childhood cartoons, I guess.
>>
>>90363617
Do you suppose there is any possible adaptation of C&H that Watterson would have approved of?
>>
>>90363643
Point. This reminds me that I still haven't seen the Peanuts movie.

>>90363671
If he demanded more involvement and control he might.
>>
>>90363671
Anything where Calvin and Hobbes didn't speak, I guess. Since he said giving voices would be really scary and would inevitably fail to match whatever voices would be in the reader's head.
>>
>>90363700
The Peanuts Movie is surprisingly good and faithful to its source material.

The animation, despite being CG, emulates the look of the specials better than you think it would, and the Schulz estate had complete control over the film's creation to make sure there was no modern technology beyond what we had seen in the strip previously.
>>
I imagine the film would be about Phoebe and Marigold trying to stop a Donald Trump expy from kidnapping all the unicorns and selling them for money.

Also, Phoebe is played by a child actress who talks like a robot and does a terrible job of pretending she's interacting with a unicorn. Marigold is played by whatever pop singer is popular currently, but wouldn't even get a song.

Oh! And you'd better believe they sing and dance to dated hip-hop music. And Marigold would be making a Dreamworks face on the poster. And Mari saying "Unicorn!" would be overused in all the trailers to the extent you'd want to burn a puppy if you hear that phrase one more time.
>>
>>90363862
Oh! And lots of jokes involving Marigold's magical horse shit, which they use to defeat the villain.
>>
>>90363461
Who would play Phoebe?
>>
>>90363862
>Amy Schumer plays the little girl, we have Tara strong voice the unicorn
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>90364879
you and I both know that Kristen Schaal would be added to this for no other reason than to add Kristen Schaal to every fucking thing.
>>
>>90363461
What is this?
>>
>>90364879
No no, Marigold would played by Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or Ke$ha.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.