[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching this show, made it up to Season 3 so far.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot00082.png (329KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00082.png
329KB, 1280x720px
Just started watching this show, made it up to Season 3 so far. Really liking it.
Is this episode what they based Star Vs the Forces of Evil on?
It feels just like it.
>>
>>90348446
I'm not sure when the original star vs concept was made, but it was pretty different (delusional girl imagines she's magic in order to ineffectually fight mean kids in her neighborhood and actually make things worse) so probably not. For one thing this idea went WAY back. waaay back in, what, the end of season 1 or so? Nat got on /co/ and asked us what a female finn would be called, and we obliged. We then suggested she draw her a little thicker to differentiate her more from Finn.
I still consider Cake's eyes to be canon blue and every episode is an animation error

also i'm glad you like it! This was a really fun ride, and while some people have gotten a little sick of the ups and downs and just wanna get off, some still love it and wish we could talk about it positively on /co/
>>
File: 1314043621452.jpg (98KB, 700x591px) Image search: [Google]
1314043621452.jpg
98KB, 700x591px
>>90348446
You might feel the dropoff soon, but the times I spent on /co/ talking about the first few seasons were some of the best I ever spent on this board.

I like the first Fionna and Cake, but Bad Little Boy (another Rule 63 episode) is my favorite out of all of them, so look forward to that.
>>
>>90348816
Should I just stop watching after Season 4? I know the director bailed
>>
>>90348860
Keep watching until you stop having a good time, in my opinion. Some people feel like it gets unwatchable, but others have stuck through it and love what it is right now.
>>
Things are going to get worse OP, as the target audience focus shifts to tumblrites and SJW's, and the show becomes more about MUH DEEP EMOTIONS, romantic relationships and pandering to the previously mentioned new target audience, rather than adventures.

>>90348860
Yes.

Most of the hangers on are waifu-faggots and the spergs who pushed out the target audience to cater to their autistic need to take children's cartoons away from children.
>>
>>90349031
>>90348983
Well, I don't really like the romantic bits now. So I don't think I'll like it.
>>
File: Screenshot00083.png (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00083.png
484KB, 1280x720px
Dammit I just hate to know that these wonderful characters could ever be involved something that everyone agrees isn't up to the standard that's been set.
>>
>>90349065
Yeah, that's fair. If romance is not your thing, leave, because Season 3 and (I think?) 4 it gets really heavy on it.
>>
>>90348860
I agree with this anon >>90348983, just keep watching so you can form your own opinion. IMO the show was always at least good, and it is fantastic right now. The romance in AT is actually not that prominent outside of a few episodes in the fifth season.
>>
>>90349224
and a couple in the fourth season too.
>>
>>90349114
There whole relationship arc was forced and pandered. Do you really think kids care about lesbian representation? No, they're mostly interested in Finn slicing a monster in half or Jake turning into a helicopter. The extent of their interest in Marceline is probably wishing she'd turn into a huge monster more often, and for Bubblegum when she is going to flip out from this adorable nice princess archetype to an angry maniac.
>>
>>90349065
More romance exists but people overblow its presence in the series, the show never turns into a tween love drama and nothing more, is always primarily wacky adventures.

I definitely think the person who told you to watch until you feel that you don't like it anymore, which may never happen. People have vastly different opinions on when/what made AT get bad so there's not just one agreed upon episode to drop it on.

>>90349276
That guy has no idea what you're taking about dude, he's still on season 3.
>>
>>90348860
You should've stopped watching after season 2.
I am very disappointed in you anon
>>
>>90349819
Season 3 is based, get out of town with that nonsense
>>
>>90348860
uh no, the creator burned out and demoted himself to just-another-writer. very magnanimous of him. a lot of people get mad at the show for not making Finn the ultimate perfect mary sue, but that really reflects Pen, whom he's a stand-in for. He doesn't need to be great, he just needs to do what's right.
>>
>>90349114
>>90349276
you do realize that's entirely within your head, right?
In the meantime you're missing out on a very beautiful story about friendship and learning to get along with people who aren't in your social circle.
fiction has done romance to death already, but legit stories about the challenges of friendship (and not just generic sugary carebeary kinda shit) are rare and necessary
>>
>>90350120
I'm still on Season 3 and don't know who Pen is lol
>>
>>90350167
Pendleton Ward, the creator, you silly goose.
>>
>>90350167
His name's in the opening sequence dummy, he voices LSP and made the show.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.