[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Unstoppable Wasp #3 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 35

Guest starring Moon Girl!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90342460
I wonder how many issues this will get till it gets cancelled
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Bump of pain
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90342522
I still can't believe how terrible the colors are compared to the Starfire miniseries
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90342554
I'm so glad we didn't go that lame route of having an emotionally charged fight between people, seeing them be besties is so much better! Im glad even though the Red Room produces seriously dangerous assassins nothing bad will ever happen to the greatest Wasp ever!
>>
>>90343029
>gets out Starfire vol 2.
Holy fucling shit. What the hell happened
>>
I don't even know why I did this. I'm sorry.
>>
thanks OP but this is awful
>>
>>90343167
What makes me sad is that whitley princeless was OK and his champions MU tie in was really good, so that means he's writing crap like this on purpose
>>
Storytimes of Pain are on the weekends
>>
This coloring is terrible
>>
>>90342741
Jarvis has had a hard life.
>>
>>90343165
It's becoming increasingly clear that Marvel DOES NOT HAVE GOOD COLOURISTS.

Ultimates 2 sometimes looks like ass because they let Foreman do his own colouring, and America today had very flat colours. Flat colours can work well (see Shade, the Changing Girl), but it was just a mess in that book
>>
>>90343167
Just make sure you never do it again.
>>
>>90342554
>That face
Guess I'm not sleeping tonight
>>
This is so painful. Reading this is like trying to bathe in quick sand.

Like it's not even so bad it's good like The Room or even the current Venom comic. It's just so painfully bad. Shit could be a torture method. Nothing goes on, the characters are all uninteresting, the plot is a fucking bore(I don't even think a plot exists does it?).

Oh, and the art fucking stinks. Who's fucking hiring these artists? Marvel seems to only have good handful of actual good artists these days. This sort of art would only be seen in some two-bit webcomic. It's not Squirrel Girl bad, but it's still just overall unappealing.

Ugh, now I can see why even the original Wasp didn't get any single runs.
>>
File: 1488386564247.png (118KB, 618x863px)
1488386564247.png
118KB, 618x863px
Daily reminder that sexism is mostly a white person problem
>>
File: 1488386653633.png (68KB, 605x520px)
1488386653633.png
68KB, 605x520px
>>
>>90342922
There's nothing particularly painful about this issue. Just mediocre schlock trying to appeal to a young girl's demographic. Whether or not young girls would actually like this though is beyond me.
>>
File: STARF_9_2.jpg (854KB, 1988x3056px)
STARF_9_2.jpg
854KB, 1988x3056px
>>90343391
What hurts is that this lady did a few issues of the DCYou Starfire series, and was much better.
>>
File: 1488386731828.png (127KB, 620x920px) Image search: [Google]
1488386731828.png
127KB, 620x920px
>>
>>90343405
Most sexist people on twitter is blacks.
>>
Nadia continues to be WAY too fuckin' sugary for me. The overt sweetness has to come with some reality here sooner or later

>GIARL labs
Still not an enrapturing plot

Also Jarvis deserves better
>>
>>90343130
Yeah what you said. It's been three issues and Nadia's faced no real adversity other than muh Smartest Person List gap.

This could have been a good moment for Nadia to get a hard taste of what it is she really avoided with the Red Room but no
>>
>>90343441
Mediocrity is its own form of pain. But this is more than simply mediocre. This is gulping down vinegar when you expected to swallow water.
>>
>>90343167

Someone's gotta.
>>
>>90343681
Not really, no.
>>
This comic has the same problem as so many other Marvel titles at the moment: it's safe, nothing interesting at all or any conflict
What's the point of making her Hank Pym's daughter raised in a lab if all that did for her is make her quirky and out of touch?
It's so god damn boring, they could do so much more with her
>>
>>90342460
Wasp and America in the same day? It's like Christmas!
>>
MOVIE
SYNERGY
>>
How come DC doesn't have any of this shit?
>>
>>90342809
Why do all black women in comics these days have to have super stereotypically black names. Why not just Jessica or Sarah? Seems kinda offensive.
>>
>>90343167

you tried its okay
>>
File: ca34.png (48KB, 603x326px) Image search: [Google]
ca34.png
48KB, 603x326px
>>90343731
To the surprise of absolutely no one, Jeremy Whitley (Wasp's writer and writer of another stronk brown lesbians who don need no man comic) is hyped for America. They're made for each other
>>
>>90343806
Why does he have a brown girl as his twitter avatar?
>>
>>90342657
>G.I.R.L.
>Genius Inaction Research Labs
Never not gonna be funny
>>
>>90342871
I always hate this kind of logic in comic books. Rather than spending years developing a teleportation machine, dreaming of seeing it come to life, and planning on revolutionizing the world, comic book scientists just randomly decide to do it one day like it's something anybody can do by picking up a physics textbook.
>>
>>90343282
Alot of books have this retared flat color style to them in Marvel. It does not look good.
Elsa is fine in Starfire. What the fuck happened in this book.
>>
File: hopeless.jpg (164KB, 367x621px)
hopeless.jpg
164KB, 367x621px
>>90343167
>>
>>90342904
Oh sure, she doesn't make friends because she's smart. It has nothing to do with the fact that she dresses like a rockette, even while working on an invention.
>>
>>90342719
Teenage girls don't think Carl Sagan is cool. And having them say that they do doesn't make those characters smart.
>>
>>90343573
Black foljs are hella sexist.
I have learned that growing up and my dad keeps trying to get me to comform to the 'women are the cleaners' mindset
>>
As a Moon Girl fan, this was lame.
>>
>>90343837

something something fetish.
>>
>>90342764
If she's so smart, why is she letting him hold the phone to talk while driving?

Checkmate, Marvel.
>>
>>90343776
Because third-wave feminism is just as racist as what it believes it's fighting.
>>
>>90343806
Yeah, I saw your caps over there. It just makes me sad. Both books had a ton of potential.
>>
This is legitimately fuckin terrible
>>
>>90343776
why give her a dull name like those when who have you can have something interesting
>>
>>90342928
i learned something at least
>>
>>90342843
Jarvis doesn't deserve this shit
>>
>>90343846
Dumb people who write smart people write them as magicians.
>>
So let me get this straight-

Like 5 super-genius level intellects are ALL in New York, all under 25 and ALL of them Ethnic Women save for the Main character?

Who is their main Villian? Hank Pym? Bruce Banner? Cho?
>>
>>90342957
It's not okay for men to think of women as their skin color, but it's okay to advertise a character as being a brown dyke, right?
>>
>>90343405
>you can avoid oppression by not knowing about it
>white argument
That's retarded.
Also the whole issue is that someone else taught those 2 years old kids about sexism.
>>
Well that was mediocre. Only good part was sympathizing with Priya. All she wants is to live a normal life and some annoying chick won't stop pestering her.

Everything else is garbage, and this is coming from someone who likes Moon Girl's own comic.
>>
>>90343050
>I want a boyfriend with a cool beard and big shoulders
said no girl ever
>>
>>90343806
Joke's on you, I'm not getting either!
>>
>>90343934
Moon Girl has fans?
>>
>>90343912
CALIFORNIA
A
L
I,
F
O
R
N
I
A,
>>
>>90344253
>Who is their main Villian?
There isn't one, because having one would require interesting things to happen. And we can't have that in a girl's book.

Fuck I hate sjws
>>
I really need an Immortan Joe mediocre reaction gif for this. I can't believe that there haven't been any so-bad-it's-good book, it's all just boring
>>
>>90344253
Pym is a robot and Banner is dead. At the rate that random teenaged minority girl supergeniuses are cropping up, I'll be surprised if Cho even counts anymore.
>>
>>90343460
what a racist cunt, hope he dies in a fire.
>>
>>90343455
Welcome to the DC Effect, also known as the Marvel Curse.

One writer can work for DC and put out the best content of their career. But even within months of working for DC, they can move to Marvel and their creative output nosedives. Inversely, one may work for Marvel and create forgettable stories, but taking up work at DC improves their output immensely.

Just look at Jeff Lemire, Sam Humphries, Charles Soule, and even Marguerite Bennett to an extent.
>>
>>90344074
Pronounce that and try to think of a reason for it.

My name is 'black' but for a reason. Most names like that are for a reason. I was named after my dad.
>>
I really hope someone else can get a hold of this character. I love pym, and when I saw this character introduced I was super excited about the kind of stories it could lead to. On paper Nadia makes for an awesome concept, but instead of dealing with the daughter of a troubled scientist with a bad reputation who is slowly showing signs of following in his shoes we get a vapid pre-teen bore.
>>
>>90345010
As bad as Waid is, I bought Nadia's intro issues because new character first appearance, and I actually found her interesting in that. I was actually kinda looking forward to this solo, I was not expecting this drivel.
>>
>>90342603
way too many
>>
>>90344253
>ALL in New York
Welcome to Marvel, where New York is the only place on the planet where important stuff happens.
>>
>>90345010
I totally agree. that all new avengers issue with her reacted to civil war 2 was what made me want to read this in the first place.
>>
>>90343766
You should give Batgirl a read before you say that.
>>
>>90344542
Her book is pretty good. It's a shame that Marvel's marketing makes the character seem cancerous.
>>
So this character grew up in some kind of hellish assassin training ground right?

Why is she acting like some teenybopper?
>>
>>90345953
She's semi "retarded".
>>
>>90345252
>I was not expecting this drivel.
You should ONLY expect this drivel from modern Marvel.
>>
>>90345953
she's bipolar, just like her old man. this is her in the middle of a manic streak.
>>
>>90342689
>>90342741
I'm sorry but this is so ham fisted "GIRLS LIKE SCIENCE" I can't even believe it got printed.

Really does it have to be a female only science group, can't you just partner up Smart female characters in a way that doesn't cheese in the "All female" aspect. Last I recall the Smartest People on earth were like Reed Richards, Tony, Doom, Banner, Amadeus Cho, Beast, Black Panther and Hank Pym, seriously they're gonna ignore them for the sake of female inclusion?

Can't they just make a rag-tag team of Smart peeps without forcing the female only angle? I'm a girl and I just find shit like this insulting.
>>
>>90344903
More like the DC Bias. Humphries is still garbage no matter how many times you spam "b-but Green Lanterns is FUN." Bennett is still garbage and her being in the industry at all is purely DC's fault. Soule's Superman/Wonder Woman was just as shit as any of his Marvel books while Red Lanterns wasn't really any better than his Thunderbolts with the only real standout that Soule has written being Swamp-thing and Lemire's team books have always been shit with his solo ongoings being held on the back of great artists like Foreman and Sorrentino.

There's certainly something to be said for Marvel's editors being shit and their colorists ruining otherwise good art all the time, but this "bad writers/artists become good when they're at DC!" meme falls apart under any scrutiny when you're not a fanboy.
>>
>>90346443
Show what Humphries did at DC as bad as Kitty Pride dancing to save Star-Lord, I will wait.
>>
>>90346420
>Last I recall the Smartest People on earth were like Reed Richards, Tony, Doom, Banner, Amadeus Cho, Beast, Black Panther and Hank Pym
Well, let's run through that list, shall we?

>Reed Richards
Off being God of the Multiverse, presumed dead.

>Tony
Coma.

>Banner
Dead.

>Pym
Fused with Ultron, presumed dead.

That's half the list gone already.
>>
>>90346420
If you are indeed a girl, we need girls like you to be a louder voice then the ones that want shit like this. In any case those established characters are obviously still the smartest people to any fans worth a crap.
>>
>>90346549
>Humphries is a shit writer at Marvel
>Humphries is a shit writer at DC
>b-b-but Humphries worst comic was at Marvel meaning that he's actually an AMAZING writer at DC!
Bravo, shill.
>>
File: 1487879200953.jpg (33KB, 570x562px) Image search: [Google]
1487879200953.jpg
33KB, 570x562px
>>90346443
>>90346578
Bait and meme all you like. All you're really saying is "I don't like thing". Your tears sustain me. Stay mad, family.
>>
File: DCHAD.jpg (89KB, 905x395px)
DCHAD.jpg
89KB, 905x395px
>>90346578
YOU MAD?
>>
>>90346553
That's even better then! What was it during that Inetllica saga when they tried to steal the SMARTS, 8 Smartest Men in the world. Now there's less, they have more reason to build a think tank of minds, no reason we can't get grills in, make it meld realisticly don't build it with an gender agenda in mind.
>>90346568
I'll do what I can, I try and buy comics for what I like and don't pick up shit i've no interest in, it doesn't stop MARVEL from printing it, I mean Squirrel Girl? The art makes my eyes bleed.
>>
>>90346867
>getting a hair cut makes you a better writer
DC is really pulling out all the stops when they hired geniuses like you to shill for them.
>>
File: 20161112_170201.png (526KB, 500x691px)
20161112_170201.png
526KB, 500x691px
>>90347066
More! MORE!
>>
>>90347066
Fuck off you're the shill Humphries is based as fuck thanks to DC and Green Lanterns is better than anything Marvel is putting out so deal with it lol.
>>
>I actually like Moon Girl.
>Sit through this shit for like 2 pages with her.

Well here's a comic I'll never support.
>>
>>90343405
>White people allow women to vote, work, and hold public office.
>Arabs keep their women in trashbags and forbid them from driving.
>The Chinese keep their women as broodmares and either abort or abandon their daughters.
>>
>>90343912
MARYLAND
A
R
Y
L
A
N
D
>>
>>90344905
Are you Waifuanon under a different trip?

If you are, I'm still crushing on you.
>>
>>90342719
Is Janet a lesbian now?
>>
>>90345947
If they were to eliminate the 'smartest person in the MU' thing, it'd be a lot less cancerous. Unfortunately Marvel has to overcompensate with their new characters by making them better than everyone else or universally loved not realizing it ends up having a backlash effect on the reader annoying them more than anything else
>>
>>90348963
Her being the "world's smartest person" didn't even become a factor until issue like 15 of her comic.
>>
>>90346420
>Reed
Playing god and rebuilding the multiverse off panel, which is sounds way more interesting than most of what Marvel's actually publishing.
>Tony
Coma, replaced.
>Doom
Still around, surprisingly enough.
>Banner
Dead, replaced.
>Cho
Getting dumber by the minute. Will probably be pushed out of the list entirely in favour of more teenaged black girls soon.
>Beast
Traitor helping the shithumans.
>T'Challa
Also still around, which is not surprising (unlike Doom), all things considered.
>Pym
Robot.

It's been rough for Marvel's previous list of top tier super geniuses.
>>
>>90345318
This.
>>
>>90348702
That's not Janet, it's Nadia
>>
Nadia is strange. Like her story is dubious, but her unbridled excitement and offness for the society is likable. Might be interesting under a different writer.
>>
>>90345947
>>90348963
this. i actually like her main book a lot but she keeps getting shoved into a ton of other books now, and the book feels the need to advertise "hey did you know she's the SMARTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD."

like shit how about instead of calling her that, you actually let her show it? nobody kept calling reed richards "smartest person in the world" every time he appeared. too much of marvel's shit nowadays is "tell not show" in terms of storytelling.
>>
>>90351100
yeah it reminds me of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, except it's not well written. In UKS, Kimmy is ultra optimistic and perky but because she's over-compensating after escaping a bunker where she was trapped for years. that optimism is never made out to be a bad thing, but she has a lot of underlying issues that give depth to her quirky antics.
>>
This and the last issue really should have been combined. Assembling a team shouldn't take more than an issue for the base members at least. Doing actual things would be far more interesting.
>>
This AND Miss America in one day? Well golly gee, somebody up there really loves me.

>>90342603
6 or 7 at the very most.
>>
>>90343460
Remember when Whitley namesearched himself/his book and found some /co/mrade critical of it so started flipping out about how "ARE YOU EVEN REALLY A CREATOR WE'RE BOTH IN NORTH CAROLINA WE SHOULD KNOW EACH OTHER" and basically all but outright saying the guy was a liar?
>>
>>90348177
Moon Girl is only good in her own series
no other writer really gets her
she's fun though
>>
>>90352045
This, Miss America and Champions, all in a single day.
>>
>>90342460
I hate Moon Girl so much.

I don't even know why. Something about her just annoys me.
>>
>>90352626
That she is squishy and needs to hide behind devil dinosaur?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 223x226px
Aw come on guys, you didn't have to bring in Moon Girl on this. Don't do this to me. I... I really like Moon Girl.

P-please don't ruin h--

>>90342657

>LOLOL A GIANT RACCOON LOL
>LOOK JARVIS SHE IS INTO DINOSAURS

FUARK
>>
>>90352701
That and Moonboy was a lot cooler.
>>
>>90342657
Moon Girl is like, nine, right?

She looks at least fifteen.
>>
File: hank pymp.jpg (89KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
hank pymp.jpg
89KB, 700x900px
>there will never be a plot where evil versions of Hank's children with different women from alternate universes terrorize Nadia
>>
Why does the colorist give every single female character nail polish? And the exact same shade of nail polish too.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.