[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I let my nephew watch Bojack Horseman? He's 11 but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1488056851804.jpg (332KB, 545x575px) Image search: [Google]
1488056851804.jpg
332KB, 545x575px
Should I let my nephew watch Bojack Horseman? He's 11 but that's around the same age I started watching South Park.
>>
>>90341082
why is his /co/ browsing uncle making this decision?
>>
>>90341082
>nephew
Do whatever. Not your problem how your sibbling's kids turn out.
>>
>>90341082
I would say no, it has a lot of harsh themes and some really nasty stuff.

I would suggest Futurama instead.
>>
>>90341082
I started watching SP around that age, too. It resulted in forming some of my beliefs of that age and helping me to develop a bit more critical view on the world, but also might've given me a couple of childhood traumas
>>
>>90341082
If I were 11 and watching Bojack I'd get really bored really quickly. A lot of the references require you to understand older pop culture and most of the themes and commentary won't apply to a pre-teen.
>>
>>90341082
Haven't you watched Bojack Horseman? If you think that kind of life-crushing humor is ok to instill into someone who's still coming to terms with hair in weird places, go for it, you fucking sociopath.
>>
>>90341082
hard to say, the jokes in bojack are mostly things only adult will probably get and there are too many old pop cultured jokes so he probably will get bored,but who knows maybe he will like it even if he doesn't get it
>>
>>90341082
I don't actually think an 11 year old would enjoy Bojack or find it very interesting.
>>
>>90341082
Nope. Show him Venture Bros or Futurama.
BJ isn't fun for 11yos.
>>
>>90341230
>>90341416
>>90341444
These.

You should let him watch it specifically because there's a high chance he'll just drop it on his own.
>>
File: 1487457722269.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1487457722269.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
When did you guys become such soccer moms?
>>
>>90342004
When did you get reading problems?
It's not "tnink of the children" it's he will probably not enjoy it.
>>
>>90342004
would you like if better if we said "hell yeah go for it and also make him watch Cannibal Holocaust after that"?
>>
>>90342004
Bojack is a show about middle-age malaise, depression, and broken dreams

It's not that the content is too mature for a kid, it's that a kid probably can't relate to and appreciate the series
>>
>>90342235
How ironic you mention reading problems.

Let me refer you to
>>90341232
>>90341194
in particular.

The other comments are hiding under the guise of "le too dark for a kid to understand".
>>
>>90342326
>The other comments are hiding under the guise of "le too dark for a kid to understand".

Projecting hard.

>whole /co/ is a bunch of soccer moms because of two posts.
>>
>>90342267
To be fair, the results could be pretty funny.

I'd go for it.
>>
File: smug albino dodoria.jpg (46KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
smug albino dodoria.jpg
46KB, 680x381px
>>90342326
>asks 4chan for advice
>throw bitch-fit when doesn't get the kind of advice he wanted
>>
Even rick and Monty would be a better choice.
>>
>>90341082
It's not kid friendly by any means but I mean I was watching South Park at 7 and I'm fine. I'd say go for it as long as he understands adult humor. If not it might just be kinda confusing to him.
>>
I don't think it would offer much, I guess the animal humor but a lot of its themes are fairly mature relative to a 11 year old. Hell at his age I don't think he even knows what failure means
>>
>>90341082
You should watch it with him in case he's uncomfortable with anything in it, but he'll probably just be bored.
>>
>>90341082
Sure, but most likely he'll just think its really boring and stop paying attention half way through
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.