[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Episodes when Hank was the bad guy but the universe conspired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 14

File: x_koth_8.jpg (109KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
x_koth_8.jpg
109KB, 1080x608px
Episodes when Hank was the bad guy but the universe conspired to make him right.
>Husky Bobby
>Bad News Bill
>>
>>90339390
That one with the skateboarding jesus.

The transfat one was also pretty dumb but I don't remember it well.
>>
>>90339390
I agree with "Husky Bobby", but I don't think Hank was totally wrong in Bad News Bill. Not when the coach and Bill were regularly keeping him from seeing his own son and passing tons of judgement based on one game.

I think Hank was totally wrong in the ep where he defied Peggy's wishes to not drink the Alamo beer from Mexico and then blamed her when he got sick from drinking it. I forget the title.
>>
>>90339905
I'm with Bill and the coach. Hank was practically disowning his son over something as meaningless as little league baseball. He only started to give a shit when it started to look like Bobby might not embarrass him.
>>
>>90339956

But then Hank tried to make amends by wanting to be supportive and bill and co made it absolute hell for him.

The real problem with that episode was how it had Bill act like a massive faggot and never brought it to any resolution.
>>
>>90340686
>But then Hank tried to make amends by wanting to be supportive and bill and co made it absolute hell for him.

They were distrustful of him because it seemed like his love was only conditional on Bobby doing well at baseball.

It's like when in real life a deadbeat dad walks out of his kid's life but the kid grows up to be rich and famous so ten years later the dad's trying to strut back into his life like "That's my boy! I love you, son!"
>>
There was also that episode where he had a temper tantrum over not having a set of pews reserved for his family at church.

Don't forget the one where Bobby got a job that paid really well and Hank made him quit because 'eww poop'
>>
File: hank laser eye.jpg (151KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hank laser eye.jpg
151KB, 800x600px
>>90340966
>There was also that episode where he had a temper tantrum over not having a set of pews reserved for his family at church.

I can't believe Hank had the power to blackmail God.
>>
>>90340966

It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't outright said at the beginning of the same episode, "work isn't always glamorous but if you put passion into it, it's worth it because you're your own man for doing so"

Yeah, selling a shitty gas to people is so much better than cleaning up parks.
>>
>>90341229
I dunno, I'd be hesitant to let my fat "comedian" son to pick up dog shit for a living too.
>>
>>90341229
>propane
>shitty gas

absolutely asinine.jpg
>>
>>90341229
I wonder if Hank and Peggy turn up their nose at garbage collectors and sewage workers.
>>
>>90340966
>There was also that episode where he had a temper tantrum over not having a set of pews reserved for his family at church.

This episode still makes me furious. Maybe growing up in a small town where this type of church shenanigans and drama happened made more likely to get pissed, but god fuck Hank in this episode.
>>
>>90341302
He is just a little kid and it would teach him some sense of responsibility and maybe he could have saved the money for college. Not to mention it would make him look a hell of a lot more employable in the workforce than some kid right out of highschool/college with no real work experience.
>>
>>90340778

They were distrustful because they had decided that Hank was bad for Bobby's confidence, they spell this out in the episode. Even though he had already decided he would try to be more supportive of him.

>It's like when in real life a deadbeat dad walks out of his kid's life but the kid grows up to be rich and famous so ten years later the dad's trying to strut back into his life like "That's my boy! I love you, son!"

That's an awful analogy. Wanting to make money off of your rich son is not the same as wanting to see your son do well at baseball.
>>
>>90339837
I think the transfat one is american dad.
>>
>>90341791
Nope
http://kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Trans-Fascism
>>
>>90339390
The one with the dog poop business
>>
>>90341422
Yeah, Hank was a dick in that episode.
>>
File: IMG_5906.jpg (40KB, 270x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5906.jpg
40KB, 270x259px
>>90339390

Was Hank Hill just a parody of conservatives? Or was he there to teach us that conservatives are human beings? This is what I wonder often.
>>
>>90342491
He's a conservative parody for sure, but he's not (always) vilified for it. I'm not sure if keeping Hank grounded as a good person was out of respect for these values or just the need to have people keep liking the leading protagonist.

Probably more the latter.
>>
>>90342491
He started the former but became the latter. There were a lot more early episodes that painted him in a negative light.
>>
>>90339390
Hank was right in "Husky Bobby". Those fatties reacted to not being accepted by creating a bubble around themselves, a subculture where fat was glamorous and desirable. They didn't support each other, they competed and backbit ruthlessly, and then they were stupid enough to walk back out into the wider world expecting the normies to accept and love them when all they deserved was scorn and mockery.

In short Hank stopped Bobby from becoming an SJW.
>>
>>90342491
As someone who has lived in Texas for the last 26 years He's just a parody of the average Texan.
>>
>>90342491
He's a gentle parody of conservatives. He's as right as often as he's wrong and by being level-headed and open-hearted (with difficulty) he navigates life OK.
>>
>>90342902
>Those fatties reacted to not being accepted by creating a bubble around themselves, a subculture where fat was glamorous and desirable.

>How dare the uglies feel good about themselves.They should hate themselves like me.
>>
>>90342902
What the hell are you talking about? The only time the fat kids were being mean to each other was one kid who was obviously a prima donna, and are you saying it is ok to pelt people with junk food in public?
>>
Uh I think there was one where Bobby was really good at shooting guns but Hank sucked and discouraged it because,

>Cotton bitched at me during muh childhood.

It was something that Bobby was really good at..but then again I don't remember how the episode turned out with everthing being A-OK like most KoTH episodes.
>>
>>90343062
>I deserve to feel good about myself no matter how little effort I expend towards improving myself!
Leave it to /co/.
>>
>>90343123
Basically Bobby wanted them to bond over guns but Hank was reluctant because he sucks at shooting. He goes to some guy who he thinks is teaching him 'Nancy boy' shooting lessons but in the end the lessons work. They wind up coming in second place and while Hank was briefly disappointed that they lost by a hair Bobby was excited that they managed to get place second against people who have been doing it for years. So it ends with Hank and Bobby both being happy that they had a nice bonding experience as father and son.
>>
>>90342491
It was showing that it had a grey area
>>
>>90343151
>I am obligated to feel miserable about myself because other people said so.
>>
>>90343151
Why the hell do people assume that if a person is fat then they must be a worthless piece of shit who isn't good at anything?
>>
There was the episode where Hank became a Pimp. That's illegal. You can't do that.
>>
>>90343212
>Changing isn't an option! Taking care of my health isn't an option!
Uh huh.
>>
>>90343268
>Thing that the neither the episode nor anyone in this thread ever said
Hyuk hyuk
>>
>That episode where Hank helps cover up the arson of a public facility by blaming it on a dead guy.
>>
>>90341791
>>90341874
To be fair, American Dad! did a trans-fat episode, too.

What's really ironic about this episode though, is that it happens not long after the Smoking Bandit episode,in which Dale protests an unjust law by smoking in restaurants and bars after a smoking ban has been passed.

Hank naturally says that the law is the law and you can't just violate it because you feel that it's wrong. Then comes the trans-fat ban episode, and suddenly, he does everything he criticized Dale for doing, and worse.

To be fair, Hank does realize he was wrong by the end of the episode... But he gets rid of the law through blackmail, so it's kind of a wash.
>>
>>90343302
>Boomhauer straight up called Hank out on his shit but the fire commissioner ignored him.
>>
>>90340966
I think what made the pew episode even worse was that in the end Hank got his way by blackmailing his minister.
>>
>>90343317
To be fair to Hank. The smoking ban was state wide while the Trans Fat ban was by a city board who did it because 2 guys from California got triggered.
>>
>>90343317
To be fair, one law is there to protect people who never consented to have cancerous smoke blown in their face and the other one takes away the choice of people to eat and restaurants to serve something somewhat unhealthy. A more equivalent law would have been if Arlen banned cigarettes completely.
>>
>>90343295
I love how you gloss over implications as it suits you.
>Feeling miserable is the only choice, rather than improving yourself and feeling good about working towards something
>>
>>90343384
There's another choice. Feeling good and comfortable about yourself just the way you are instead of making how you feel about yourself dependent on the whims and opinions of others. But I guess that's too SJW for your tastes.
>>
>>90343344
>>90343377
I also should mention that while initially Dale was upset about the ban and smoked out of protest, that was only at first. After which he mostly was doing it to be seen as a hero to Joseph.

So it is also a little different in that their motives weren't exactly the same either.

I just thought I'd mention it considering how the episodes were only a couple of seasons apart and strikingly similar in some regards.
>>
>>90340966
The one with Bobby picking up dog poop is similar to Husky Bobby in that Hank could see Bobby is just not cool enough to do something uncool.
>>
>>90343087
Fat people yes
>>
>When Hank aided and abetted Bill in the raping of Donna
Jesus Hank
>>
File: fatty pikachu.jpg (89KB, 540x618px) Image search: [Google]
fatty pikachu.jpg
89KB, 540x618px
>>90343224
A)
>Those people are as fat and ugly as I am! Why aren't they as miserable as me?

or

B)
>Those people are way uglier and fatter than I am, but they're less miserable. That's not fair!
>>
>>90341524
>Not to mention it would make him look a hell of a lot more employable in the workforce than some kid right out of highschool/college with no real work experience.
Picking up dog poop counts as "real work experience" in the US? By that standard I would have had already years of experience by the time I started university.
>>
>>90343736
If you get a paycheck for it anything counts as real work experience.
>>
>>90339837
>We're just like Washington, I tell you hwat.
Hank Hill is an idjit.

>>90339905
He has no respect for his wife; why shouldn't he cross the border just for some beer? He doesn't have a problem, you have a problem, and if you think otherwise he'll kick your ass.

I would probably reply more, but the amount of tomes Hank was wrong is too many for my patience. Good thread everybody. Will be lurking
>>
>>90343295
This. Even then, that reason is sometimes just used as an excuse.
>>
The one where Hank disintegrates his wife and then fuses into the walls of his house.
>>
>>90342491
Hank Hill was right when it mattered. He has a good moral compass and a good sense of right and wrong, even if it comes off as redneck stubborness at first.
>>
>>90339837
>That one with the skateboarding jesus.

Wasn't that the one with "you're not making Jesus better, you're just making rock n roll worse"?

Because that's hard to argue with.
>>
>>90343440
>Feeling bad is bad! So we're just going to remove the feeling, rather than act on the ways it helps us to improve ourselves!
Typical.
>>
>>90343440
The flaw in your thinking is you think this is about opinions. That might work in situations where it's just something you can't help, but obesity is something you can help. And you are diminishing your lifetime by not working to improve your health.

That may not justify throwing food at fat kids. But criticism doesn't have to be said nicely before you channel that into fixing the situation.
>>
>>90339390
The universe didn't conspire to make Hank right in husky bobby, he knew that kids are shit heads when it comes accepting fat kids, cause he was one of those shit heads, he grew up realised he was wrong to do it but knew that kids don't change
>>
>>90343667
Ok where did the fat guy touch you anon?
>>
>That episode about Boomhauer's car

They don't deserve his friendship.
>>
>>90343062
So you think Bobby getting humiliated and possibly even beaten would have been the good ending?

Let's be honest here, the villain of every episode is Peggy.
>>
>>90346779
Yeah but the thing is their lie was so successful for so long that Boomhauer is stuck with them now.

He's too old to be making new friends.
>>
File: 1466909711335.png (37KB, 325x355px) Image search: [Google]
1466909711335.png
37KB, 325x355px
>>90347399
>Let's be honest here, the villain of every episode is Peggy.
You know who disagrees with this? Wrong people.

Don't be wrong peoples, kids.
>>
>>90342491
I think it started out as a parody but devolved into anyone who doesn't line up with Hank's worldview is portrayed as an asinine strawman.
>>
>>90346779
To be completely fair Hank was portrayed as an asshole that whole episode.
>>
>>90343241
or when Peggy kidnapped that Mexican girl she didn't get punished!
>>
>>90348347
peggy also killed a man
>>
>>90348404
Peggy literally drugged Hank because she didn't like that he was stressed from work, causing his testicles to shrink.
>>
>>90348486
Is Peggy truly history's greatest monster? Only time will tell. And time will say yes.
>>
>>90348581
Hank and Peggy are as bad as Buck Cluck or my own parents!
>>
>>90339390
irritating, but true to life.
it's the same basic premise as the one where he went to clown college and learned faggy comedia del'arte, but nobody gets on hank for being right in that one. He was wrong to be against Bobby modeling, but he was right to be against this gross faggy fat kid modeling.
>>90339837
that one was sad, especially when, in my experience, it's the rigid faux-moralist christians who abandon it later in life, not the ones who have integrated it into their interests and lifestyle.

the transfat one was basically like the south park smoking episode: right on it being wrong for the government to just ban shit for people's benefit, but wrong about the harmfulness (what Hank SHOULD have been doing was reminding everyone that good ol' lard and bacon grease (which he spread on a sandwich in an earlier episode in place of mayonnaise) are much healthier, and transfats were invented in the first place to replace them... hell lard's better than butter. just has a bad rep)
>>
>>90341422
I loved how they poked gentle fun at megachurches though. I miss those suckers but holy shit they were weiiird in their hugeness. Something feels wrong about buying a 6oz can of grape juice at church for a dollar in 1995. and most of the time our sets were so far back we couldn't see a damn thing, I just fell asleep. compared to regular smaller church where i just got a sleepyboner and had to press it against the pew in front of me while standing to sing.
>>
>>90342491
dale was the parody of conservatives. hank was just the regular guy that takes a sensible attitude to everything, and just isn't cognizant of how little he knows about the real world (mainly because he knows so much more than others around him about the world immediately around him, as well as more about the basic obvious fundamentals of life, except half of his beliefs on those are wrong because he isn't aware of how recent those ideas are)
>>
>>90343241
the joke where we pretend that we are involved in misunderstandings in the show and take the stated or likely viewpoint of other characters was funny the first few times, anon
>>
>>90342491

I think it tried to be a loving parody of conservatives, but often it failed and became kind of fawning, especially in later seasons. Like, ask yourself how many times in the show a person from the big city, or the west/east coast, or academia, or what have you WASN'T painted as wrong, insufferable, and virtually horns-and-red-pointy-tail evil?
i got tired of watching anyone from outside Texas be painted as horrible dishonest people who don't understand the good, honest, folksy wisdom of the rednecks. (I will admit that this may have something to do with the awful meth-addict rednecks who lived next door to me at the time. Putting up with their dumb shit on a daily basis surely made me less receptive to the idea that rednecks are great.)
>>
>>90343611
indeed, which is weird since several episodes were about bobby BEING confident enough to be a loser despite his shortcomings and actually ending up with his own form of greatness in the process. His confidence gets him a lot of ladies, it lets him go about life being fat while Peggy feels ashamed of her big feet, it got him through cotton's military school torture routine including being locked in a fucking box for 3 days (how did he not die of thirst?).. basically a recurring theme is that the boah aint right but he isn't aware enough of that for it to stop him. Even the last episode, Bobby does what Hank is too inhibited to do and sends back a steak for being the wrong cut, leading to him leading a team of expert meat-judgers
>>
>>90343736
for god's sake, he was cleaning up VOMIT. dog poo was what the guy he was apprenticing under cleaned.
janitorial work is a kind of work experience, yeah. it'd help you get an entry level job in a market where nobody wants to hire some teenager who's never worked a day in his life and expects to treat it the same as school. The only question is why nobody was stepping in and interfering with a 13 year old trying to run a business.
>>
>>90346069
The only problem with that episode is that at the end, Hank didn't call mall security in to bust those shitheads for damaging a ton of expensive property and causing severe emotional distress on some kids who probably couldn't handle it in the first place. It's one thing to recognize 'the way things are' but you should always try to change it
Regardless of what some europes would have you think, americans are fat not because of food, but because we stress too goddamn much, and adding more stress about being fat doesn't help.
>>
>>90346069
>>90347399
It's not like Hank knew that in that specific moment there would be a disaster of donut fueled chaos. Bobby asking "how did you know?" was bullshiy because Hank was going to stop him whether or not there was going to be a food fight. There just happened to be a random situation occur that retroactively makes Hank the hero.

And sure, people are assholes. But what kind of lesson is this to Bobby? That Bobby should build his interests and the way he lives his life according to the whims of some dickhead 12 year olds who throw donuts?
>>
>>90347399
what if Bobby had come down off that stage and THAT'S MY PURSE the fuck out of Dooley and the others?
>>90346779
confession doesn't bring back what you've done. you just need to anonymously make up for what you've done. Just as long as nobody else gets the blame
>>
>>90348486
she didnt understand how it worked, and that doctor basically "i'm just leaving this here"'d her with the prescription, giving her a clear message to drug hank.
Fact is, If it wasnt for that reaction, giving a guy testosterone would be a goddamn panacea. as it is, giving them growth hormone basically already is, with no side-effects that I'm aware of.
Sadly those of us whose testicles have shrunk from fucking tagamet don't get any kind of treatment, we're just allowed to suffer
>>
>>90349257
They made fun of the shittier side of texas more often than west coast liberal twig boys, but it definitely reamed them both
and they both fucking deserve it
but the point was that the nice small towns are a lot better than the shitty trailer trash that borders them
>>
>>90339837
>>90349062
I think the skateboarding jesus one, Hank was in the right.

A religion should be your belief. Not something you do because "it's cool."

Source: was a youth group kid until I was 16 and had a lot of WWJD stuff
>>
>>90345292
We're not talking about a loved one coming up to someone and saying that they're concerned about how their weight is affecting their health and they should do something about it. It's about people going into bitch fits because overweight people not hating themselves as much as they think they should.

Husky Bobby wasn't about Hank thinking Bobby should lose weight. Hank wasn't against Bobby modeling because he thought Bobby needed to lose weight. Hank wanted Bobby to stop because he thought it was weird and embarrassing.
>>
>>90349630
nevertheless, A) you should still try to be cool about it (we have bad enough PR as it is), and B) hank had his own much-worse culture he'd ascribed to religion, which was even less biblically relevant. pews, hymns, suits and ties.. not to mention the downright blasphemous idea of short neat hair and clean shaving, which comes from the infidel romans and not god's furry little chosen people.
>>
>>90349629

I can't remember a single character like that who wasn't an utter strawman, is my point.
>>
>>90349595
So just because a doctor implied that she should drug Hank that puts her in the clear for her heinous actions? I don't care if you didn't know about side effects, you don't fucking drug people.
>>
>>90349366
B-but anon! People who clean for money are ICKY.
>>
>>90339956
I don't know Hank tended to stick by Bobby when he played the game he was just really embarrassed and tried hard to get him not to play
>>90349703
An issue with a lot of the issues are more Hank is proven right in the end but his reasoning is typically deeper than the superficial reason it seems before. Like Hank wasn't just mad that Skate punk Christ but because he knew his son and how he knows Bobby latches onto fads and he didn't want Jesus to be a fad to him.
>>90349822
Well....they are.
>>
There was that one episode where Hank clashed with the "cool" parents and his response to Bobby doing some inappropriate dance moves was to basically take away anything remotely entertaining. Like I get that 12-13 year old kids probably shouldn't be dancing like that, but by the end of the episode Hank got his way and Bobby went on a date with the other girl to a fucking Amish village where they weren't even allowed to hold hands.
>>
>>90349724
they're still accurate.
>>90349901
indeed. Hank's biggest crime as a father is not explaining himself. It's not enough to just DO AS I SAY, you need to explain why you're saying it (if the kid is above, like, 5 years old) so that the lesson will go well with the kid
Of course half of hank's problems are that he himself blindly follows rules that he doesnt understand the purpose behind.
>>
>>90349983
>Like I get that 12-13 year old kids probably shouldn't be dancing like that
why not? Honestly it's only appealing to them because they're still naive enough to think it's naughty. I can't imagine anyone else finding that anything but embarrassing.
It's really sad to me when well-meaning moralists put fences around the law like that. Removing temptation is not resisting temptation. it's literally giving in to it and giving up an important part of life.
>>
>>90350046
I don't exactly remember the dance moves so that's why I said that. If they were actually as silly as I remember them, then yeah that just further proves that Hank overreacted.
>>
File: Brock Samson.jpg (56KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Brock Samson.jpg
56KB, 320x240px
>>90350001
>they're still accurate.

So you run into cartoonishly evil one-dimensional strawmen just walking around IRL, huh? I'm glad I don't live on whatever planet you're on.
>>
>>90350135
it's called minneapolis. it's a terrible, terrible place. I suggest you stay away from it.
also the public school system in general, which I'm told has actually managed to become even more cartoonishly strawtastic, to the point of literally indoctrinating kids to push everyone they know to vote democrat.
>>
>>90349983
I remember the ending but nothing else.
>>
>>90350085
it was some goof-ass front-to-back version of The Bump. looked retarded. they had their arms up in the air like retards.
>>
>>90349475
No, you're fat because of all the corn syrup, fatty.
Making excuses only hurts yourselves.
>>
>>90339390
Why isn't it on Netflix, Hulu or even fucking Itunes, I just want to conveniently watch the entire show.
>>
>>90349629
>They made fun of the shittier side of texas more often than west coast liberal twig boys
I mean, yeah. But when you still have people like Lucky being on the winning team it makes me wonder who I'm supposed to be laughing at
>>
>>90350383
It used to be on Netflix.
>>
>>90350263
christ not this again
learn your basic chemistry, dude. it's literally the same as your 'golden syrup' it just happens to be made from corn because powerful corn lobbies have made corn cheap. if they didn't, the next cheapest sugar-producing plant would have glucose syrup made out of it and then fructose added to rebalance it into chemically identical split sucrose syrup. what's more, it's sweeter, so you can actually use less of it than if you used unsplit sucrose (But you'd still have to fucking dissolve the shit and syrups get cooked regardless so it breaks down anyway, you fuck)
>>
>>90350387
>it makes me wonder who I'm supposed to be laughing at
at Lucky. I think you're making a false dichotomy for yourself. The winning team doesn't automatically mean the things the show is advocating. Merely how the story goes.
>>
>>90350476
>
>>
>>90349983
I remember that. The "cool" parents were so cool they let their older kid do drugs with them and left a group of 13 year olds alone in the house implying that they should all feel each other up while they're gone. Hank overreacted to the dancing (even if it did involve the girls grinding on the guys) but the cool parents were way too lax.
>>
>>90343302
came here to post this.

>>90343328
>boomhauer just throwing up his hands
>>
>>90350383
It is on iTunes dude. Plus DVD's exist
>>
>>90339956
Bill only cared to supplant himself as the important surrogate father for Bobby and hold it over Hank. Hank becoming interested in Bobby again both made Bill panic and smug that the plan worked and he did his damnest to be a cunt to Hank about it. Bill didn't care about what was best for Bobby. He just wanted to be a smug asshole that once in his miserable life he was better than Hank, which flew in the face of his dependable weak nature the rest of the show played him up to be.

In general Bill went to shit the last few seasons, taking more of an antagonistic role that usually went to Dale.
>>
>>90340966
>Don't forget the one where Bobby got a job that paid really well and Hank made him quit because 'eww poop'

What really sucked there was that Bobby's boss actually had a lot more regard for him than Hank did.
>>
Did anyone else think that the hunting episode was weird? Maybe because it's an early season episode, but it felt weird that Hank was defeated from the very beginning that Bobby wasn't ready to hunt. He didn't lie to his friends, he was willing to pay for a fake hunting experience, and rather than actually make up for it he decides to win brownie points out of it by having Bobby drive and inavertently solve the first kill dilemma. Maybe it also just jit too close to home.

Also I couldn't stop laughing at the "he has to go huntingto be a man or he'll be a murderous psychopath". And Kahn was up for hunting but didn't laugh at the fact that Hank pussed out on a redneck tradition?
>>
>>90349173
>dale was the parody of conservatives

What? Dale was a conspiracy theorist and libertarian but he was always portrayed as the friend that was the most liberal of the four friends.
>>
>that time Hank made a friend and they got along super well

>they just decide to never talk to each other again for no reason whatsoever.

Was he afraid he might be gay?
>>
File: dale gribble the question.jpg (14KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
dale gribble the question.jpg
14KB, 300x255px
>>90351605
It felt weird that Hank seemed to be dragging his feet from the get-go. It was almost like he didn't want to go hunting.
>>90351716
To be fair Dale's brand of conspiracy theory's associated with right-wing radio hosts like Michael "White children would have been enslaved if Hillary won" Savage and Alex "George Soros is paying protestors so that their collective psychic energy manipulates gravity, allowing energy beings from below the 3rd dimension to ascend into the 6th dimension" Jones.
>>
>>90352540
Dunno. Dale didn't seem to have any problem hanging out with Octavio.
Or that his dad was gay.
>>
>>90352540
>>90352769
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8QIi4xTWg
Dale is probably a parody of Alex Jones but not so much his politics as his personality.
>>
>>90352880
This is worse than when he made Hank say that Homer Simpson was a good role model.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2ZG85-g8Q
>>
>>90351605
I doubt they planned for it but that episode happened before Hank worked out his gun use issues he got from Cotton so that would explain him not going to get a hunting permit until the last minute
>>
>>90339390
>Bobby get assigned to help an entrepreneur
>He teaches Bobby how to make tons of cash by thinking outside the box and doing the work nobody else wants
>Bobby gets excited about something useful for once
>Hank ends up asking the guy to take getting bullied so he doesn't have to be the dad of the poop boy
Man fuck hank
>>
>>90353228
>forgetting the part where Hank explains the difference between Bobby and the entrepreneur
He just didn't want Bobby to grow up to be the weird janitor and was fully supportive of Bobby's embroidered jumpsuit idea
>>
>>90353322
"You are, for lack of a better word, enchanting."

Or something like that. It's one of my favorite Hank speeches.
>>
>>90352046
It was because they both lived far away from each other, their schedules never synced up, and it was driving a wedge between Hank and the alley gang.
>>
File: IMG_4907.gif (1010KB, 350x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4907.gif
1010KB, 350x264px
>>90350383
I'm currently getting through the whole show (on season 8 currently) by way of checking the seasons out from the library.
>>
>>90351605
The way I remember it, Hank was just nervous about actually having to talk to Bobby, much less man to man. Remember when he asked if Peggy packed his Game Boy and his back up Game Boy?

Then he realized his mistake, did the LaGrunta thing, and skipped him ahead to driving, where they happened to hit a deer.
>>
>>90345097

>I don't want Jesus and the lord to end up in this box with the rest of the stuff you forgot

Rlly makes you think.
>>
>>90349366
Yeah, and I'm sure your garbage goes to a magical wonderland every week, or those parks are clean because people give enough of a shit to always make sure everything is thrown away and NOT just walk off like a douchebag. Those highways? Car magic.
>>
>>90350046
>That episode where a girl literally pretends to give oral sex to a "gay" Bill in public
Yeah, their dance moves seem kind of age appropriate then, if THAT is allowed the moment you hit 18.
>>
>>90354167
>divegrass.gif
>>
>>90350229
... I would recommend moving or suicide. Preferably the former.
>>
>>90351095
>Not wanting parents who not only will let you feel up a girl at your school, but try to help you
Found the wizard.
>>
>>90351594
Plus his house was at LEAST 10x better than any of the guys in the neighborhood. Including Khan. Seriously, if I could make that much bank off of using a SUPER POWERED VACUUM to clean shit WITH GLOVES, I would. Plus, you know, soap and concentrated sanitizer are things.
>>
>>90339390
121 replies and no mention of "Uh Oh Canada"? Yeah, "the Canadians" are snooty jerks, but we're meant to sympathize with Hank acting like your asshole neighbors partying as loudly as possible into the wee hours, and on purpose.

Man, what was with that episode? Did Dan Aykroyd take Mike's parking space one day?
>>
File: 1450811591930.jpg (38KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450811591930.jpg
38KB, 480x640px
>>90354676
We don't talk about that episode in these here parts, anon.
>>
>>90355149
I still watch it on AS reruns for the bile fascination.
>>
>>90354329
Making shitty k-rock isn't going to fix that.
>>
>>90349257
This. He started out as a parody, then gradually the world started to center itself around him until we finally got to that Canadian episode which shall not be named.
>>
>>90339390
Every episode after season 1.
>>
>>90346395
>Pow! Right in the kisser!
>>
>>90345097
>"you're not making Jesus better, you're just making rock n roll worse"

I think this is one of my favorite lines from the show
>>
Hank is a good man.
>>
>>90356710
It's ok, but it's no "I knew we shouldn't have played God! Now God's playing God, and he's a lot better at it!".
>>
>>90348256
Literally the first episode was about an asinine strawman though.
>>
>>90354633
True, but the real problem with his business; that the episode never really touched on, was that it was a frivolous luxury service for rich people, which means that it's vulnerable to economic downturns. That guy probably wasn't making nearly as much money after the financial crisis.
>>
>Bill instantly turns into an asshole when he gets some power
Was there a time where this didn't happen?
>>
>that episode where Hank blew up the dang ol Mega Lo Mart
>>
>>90357193
There's the episode where he dresses up as Santa and almost nails a single mom. He was less malicious and more naive in that one.
>>
>>90339390
Fun fact: Husky Bobby triggered Fox executives so badly, they tried to force Mike Judge to kill Hank off/relocate the family to LA in terms of Hank shitting on Bobby's dreams making Fox demand Hank pay for it with his life.

Judge had to neuter Hank's entire character to make him less base and more lovable and turn Peggy into a cunt to talk Fox executives down from their meltdown over the episode.
>>
>>90342491
He is who he is. Whether you agree or disagree with his views or if you learn anything from watching him is up to you.
>>
>>90357335
Yeah. And then Judge decided to troll viewers by "killing" Hank at the end of the season and purposely running promos "promoting" the LA retool once it leaked.
>>
The one where he got rid of the high-efficiency toilet mandate because the toilets couldn't handle the tremendous shits he and his wife produced and they couldn't be bothered to clench their sphincters to break the fecal matter into more manageable pieces.
>>
>>90357335
>Husky Bobby
Source?
>>
>>90357456
When I clench half way through a shit by accident, I lose the urge to shit. And then I have a high chance of getting constipated.
>>
>>90341874
That episode bugged me because they clearly didn't have any idea what a transfat was when they wrote the episode
>>
>>90357456
The toilets couldn't handle anyone's shits. No Khan's, and not every single member of that board at the very least. The whole thing was a plot of the chairman's anyway, since he held significant stock in the company that made the low flow toilets.
>>
>>90349257
Name minor characters in the show that weren't selfish, backstabbing, unethical pricks.

Buck Strickland, Donna, Joejack, Ted Wassonasong, his wife, his son, Principal Moss there's all bad people.

The one reoccuring minor character who actually was a decent person was their lady preacher and even she got spiteful after Bill dated and then dumped her after she quit her job for him
>>
>>90354676

You're supposed to sympathize with Bobby and his newfound friend for being chill while all the adults were being catty. Which is normal for Hank, he doesn't like outsiders much
>>
>>90339390
>That episode where Hank forced Bobby to work for Buck and he punished Bobby for doing what Buck said
>That NASCAR episode
>>
>>90343302
Doesn't arson require intent to destroy property via fire?
>>
>>90346779
>Plan was to fill car up with gas to confuse to Boomhauer
Lol no, Dale's the one who fucked that up.
>>
>>90357632
>Name minor characters in the show that weren't selfish, backstabbing, unethical pricks.

Good Hank?
>>
>>90349777
Peggy was unambiguously wrong for drugging Hank against his will, but I'm sympathizing with Peggy on this one.

Hank was happy, relaxed, attentive, fun, charismatic, more athletic and all-around a way better person. The only problem was the teste shrinkage. Peggy just wanted to help, and altogether Hank needed that help.

If Peggy was somehow able to convince him to take the drugs, then everything would be much better.
>>
>>90358109
Actually the problem was that Hank had too much testosterone thanks to Peggy and it was causing him to act like a hormonal teenager.

That's the only reason Peggy stopped drugging him and told him she was doing it.
>>
>>90358447
the original problem was he was going through menopause so he was tired and shitty all the time. Then Peggy started overdosing him.
>>90357632
ex addict hippy who saved the cows
>>
File: 1483633280855.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1483633280855.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
>Season 1 Luanna could actually work on cars and wasn't just a ditzy blonde married to literal hillbilly trash
Why was she the only character who actually got worst as the series went on? She and her manger babies episodes were always boring to mediocre.
>>
>>90358665
Just like the changes in the behavior of Peggy's mom in later seasons, corporate meddling.
>>
File: Hank_hill_charcoal.jpg (8KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
Hank_hill_charcoal.jpg
8KB, 190x265px
>>90339390
Hank and the Great Glass Elevator

In this episode he makes charcoal haram.
>>
>>90358078
Uncle GH was good tier. He did fire a gun though; at an unarmed wall.
>>
>>90349490
That he should really pro-con his life choices, besides if the donuts weren't there something else would've happened
>>
>>90357632
Hank's cousin; the one with a beard. He was pranky, but he loved his cousin. He never wanted to hurt him, just pal around. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with his methods, I just understand them.
>>
>>90349490
>But what kind of lesson is this to Bobby?
Be careful when you rock the boat because sometimes it capsizes.
>>
>>90357086
He seemed business savvy enough to have some money saved up in case of a streak of bad business, plus he seemed to be of the "find a need and fill it" camp, so he probably moved on to a new job afterward
>>
File: 1487618691999.png (733KB, 786x920px) Image search: [Google]
1487618691999.png
733KB, 786x920px
>>90341791
>>90341874
Anon is thinking that because American dad had a similar transfat episode if I recall
>>
>>90339390
times when peggy was right?

>makes bobby give up on candy
>bobby constantly craves candy all through the episode
>peggy sticks with it
>at the end bobby doesnt like candy anymore

sure bobby was still fat during the series but at least he was fat due to overeating and not exercising and wasnt ingesting all that sugar and shit
>>
>>90358889
Pro
>It's fun
>Makes Bobby feel good about himself
>Potential to make some cash
>It's something Bobby's passionate about

Con
>Dad says it's weird
>A couple kids from school don't like it

There's no way to say that if there weren't donuts something definitely would have happened. The kids wouldn't be have even stopped by if it wasn't for the donuts. And it's not like there was a line like "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO HUSKY BOY FASION SHOWS? ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS?!"
>>
>>90362049
She was wrong because she went hippy dippy vegan instead of a sustainable normal healthy diet and Probably got tired of making weird food and went right back to triple fried porkchops with cheetos and onions for the whole family.
>>
>>90364460
The teenagers throwing crap is an exaggerated stand-in for "society still does no trevere fats; crating a tiny subculture does not affect the outside world". Bobby could be a fat fish in a small, small pond or something like a normal person living in the real world. One of these is correct.
>>
>>90362049
Didn't he like "fruit pies"? Those are just corn syrup and food coloring.
>>
>>90355149
DUSTY OLD BONES is the only episode I regularly skip.

Never thought i'd want to murder a child, but here we are
>>
Personally, I get triggered by the episode where Peggy tries to teach the football star fairly, fails him when he fails, then gets utterly shit on by everyone in town up to and including Hank for inconveniencing their little sport.

He comes around eventually but still.
>>
The mascot episode kinda ticked me off, especially when the teacher kicked the books away and told bobby to pick them up. I know it's supposed to parody how serious small towns get when it comes to football and their sports traditions but even Hank was pissed at bobby until he took the ass-beating.
>>
>>90365948
You talk like Bobby was isolating himself in some insidious fat-worshipping cult. It was just a hobby.
>>
>>90357632
Reading through this thread I have to say, why does everyone single out Family Guy as that utterly unlikable show populated by utterly unlikable people, and Seth Macfarlane as that utterly unlikable douchebag who always shoves his politics into your face?

I now see the appeal of CGDCT anime, despite the vicious cesspool /a/ has become.
>>
File: wildcatbutt.png (51KB, 146x132px) Image search: [Google]
wildcatbutt.png
51KB, 146x132px
Hank was in the right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoF42UppkI4
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.