[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Started in 2013 >3 seasons >Never heard of it once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: received_10208101744090711.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208101744090711.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>Started in 2013
>3 seasons
>Never heard of it once before a week ago

How did this fly so under the radar? I just finished it and it's actually surprisingly good.
>>
>>90312372
it is a web series on Hulu

also superhero parodies tend to be a dime a dozen
>>
It got better with every season, and I really really liked it by the third season.

But I think the first season was really weak, a lot of the characters were shallow or underused, and the art style and animation were generic at best. I didn't give it a chance at first because I thought it was going to be a low-budget schlock show. Its own appearance betrayed it.

Plus what >>90312422 said.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>90312372
I enjoyed the premise and even wanted to generate interesting discussions here but anything remotely gay get's thrown into the trash for me
>>
>>90312543
>Comes up a total of 3 episodes for the entire series
Don't be such a baby anon
>>
>>90312490
So it's the Parks and Rec of superhero cartoon parodies? What's the style of humor?
>>
>>90312543
you seem uncomfortable with your sexuality
>>
>>90312622
Parks and Rec style humor actually
>>
>>90312372
Looks Canadian. Very Canadian.
>>
>>90312695
Don't let it's looks fool you
>>
>>90312622
>>90312666
What the Devil said. It seems like it'd be a goofy parody, but it has a surprising amount of heart to it. It's pretty comfy sometimes.

Like in season 1, they're disorganized losers no one respected. By the end of season 3, they're competent heroes that get the recognition they deserve.
>>
>>90312758
Shit, I'm a sucker for comedies that actually move forward in their plots, I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>90312799
Oh yeah there is a constantly advancing plot. This isn't like TTGO or family Guy
>>
Heroes for Hire episode was GOAT
>>
>>90312372
I saw commercials for it but watching it would require me to figure out what Hulu is and how to use it. If I'm already this lazy about learning new technology at 25 I'm going to be fucked when I'm 65.
>>
>>90312372
The jerky shilling made me feel unclean.
>>
File: awesome-alexross[1].jpg (102KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
awesome-alexross[1].jpg
102KB, 600x911px
also, freaking Alex Ross did fanart of the show
>>
>>90313552
It was done really well tho. It didn't distract from the show itself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v5c3kXOB0A that was pretty funny
>>
>>90313710
It was about as subtle as the car commercial in Breaking Bad. I know it's not high art, but goddamn, you have to at least earn it before you sell out.
>>
>>90313883
It wasn't trying to be subtle. They were little skit commerical which is why it was during the credits. I highly prefer that than them trying to fit it in during the episode
>>
>>90313883
>>90313950
Yeah. From what I remember, they owed the Jerky company for supporting them and helping the show come to life.

This is a low-budget show that's not on a primetime network, and they needed all the help they could get. So it's kind of like them thanking their mom for helping them get through adolescence, in a way.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.