[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start reading more DC than just batman. Where do I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Green Lantern 1.jpg (133KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern 1.jpg
133KB, 600x886px
I wanna start reading more DC than just batman. Where do I get started with Green Lantern?
>>
>>90310363
Fucking decades ago, green lantern is a mess. Even New 52 wasn't a starting point for him.

Watch the animated dc movies to give yourself a knowledge boost.
>>
>>90310363
Showcase #22
>>
Green Lantern: Rebirth, then continue with John's run from there.
>>
>>90310409
>this
Then you can keep reading lantern titles up to now.
>>
File: 1382918481723.png (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1382918481723.png
32KB, 400x300px
As a general introduction that takes no effort, just download Geoff Johns' complete run. If you wanna go back to the classics, Green Lantern/Green Arrow (GL Vol.2 #76) is a good starting point for Silver Age adventures that segues into Bronze Age and you can keep reading from there for some expansion into the Corps.

GL went through every reboot/continuity touch up without really being affected so you're fine to just start anywhere.
>>
Not OP but when I was a kid I loved the bits and pieces I read of Kyle, if I wanted to get into Kyle runs where should I start?
>>
I liked the Green Lantern Corps stuff the most because it focuses on other things then rainbow wars and Earth for at for a change
>>
>>90310700
Hopefully they start getting back to letting some of the other lanterns shine again. Bzzd was truly the greatest.
>>
>>90310556
Haven't read much with him, but he's on Morrison's JLA.
>>
>>90310556
Vol. 3 issues 50 until Rebirth are entirely Kyle-centric and JLA from Morrison to Kelly involve him heavily.
>>
Either GL Rebirth or the beginning of Johns' run.

If you want a more in depth read, start all the way back with Hal's first appearance and read every GL title from there. There's a good Green Lantern Chronology torrent floating around that covers GL up through Brightest Day.
>>
>>90310556
You could also check out Omega Men. He wasn't really the focus, but he has some good characterization in it.
>>
File: premuhhrine john.jpg (342KB, 995x1504px) Image search: [Google]
premuhhrine john.jpg
342KB, 995x1504px
>>90310363
Depends on which one of them you want to read about

If you want Hal, you can read silver age or Johns run.

If you want read Stewart, don't touch anything that didn't come before Kyle

If you want Kyle read right from from Hal's cosmic murderthievery

I don't really know about what to read for Guy and would like to know.
>>
Start with John's run, beginning at GL Rebirth, not to be confused with the oneshot of a similar title.
If you want the more complete picture, also read GL Corp: Recharge.
Then read GL and GLC, and the short run of Ion. When The War of Light rears it's head, look for a reading list.
Then you hit New 52, you have GL, GLC, Red Lanterns, and eventually Sinestro.
When you reach Lost Army and Edge of Oblivion, I recommend skipping those, they suck.
Next is Rebirth, and you can figure out from there.

After you're caught up, I recommend Starting the older stuff with Emerald Twilight. Then you can read Kyle's tenure and Hal's fall and redemption.

If you want older stuff after that, find a reading list.
>>
>>90311477
>I don't really know about what to read for Guy and would like to know.
I know that there's Justice League International, and all it's related titles, and I know of Warrior.
>>
>>90311477
For guy I'd recommend the old JLI stuff, and Red Lanterns. I haven't read his stint as warrior but there is that too. He's also been pretty great in Hal and the GLC so far.
>>
File: guy motherfucking gardner.jpg (255KB, 684x1024px) Image search: [Google]
guy motherfucking gardner.jpg
255KB, 684x1024px
>>90311477
>I don't really know about what to read for Guy and would like to know.

Green Lantern Corps
Justice League Vol 1, Justice LEague International, Justice League America Vol 1 - Basically any of his JL appearances in the 90s
Guy Gardner: Reborn and Motherfucking Warrior
After Warrior nothing really until Johns' run

I fucking love Guy. I kinda wish he was Warrior again, it was so much fun. He was good in Red Lanterns too but sadly they switch him back to a Green. I feel like Guy works best when he's not a GL, but he's been decent in the current Hal book.
>>
>>90310506
There are some intentionally blank spots now that they never plan to revisit like Cyborg Superman not being a thing yet in New 52 but the destruction of Coast City still somehow occurring.
>>
>>90310409
>>90310481
Yeah, read Johns's run. Though Rebirth has some continuity from previous comics, but it's not too bad.
>>
>>90311673
>and eventually Sinestro.
Also Larfleeze and New Guardians
>>
>>90310363
Start with good ol Hal and Barry
>>
>>90311917
Yes, but what I meant was that their stories are relatively unaffected by this. People will still reference Hal going Parallax because Coast City got blown up despite Cyborg-Superman just now showing up again. What you read is what you get, no outlandish retcons Space-Bug aside.
>>
>>90310363
Johns GL omnis then New 52 isnt bad and Rebirth is ok
>>
>>90310889
>>90310960
>>90311379
Thanks!
>>
>>90311917

By that time it was standard GL procedure.

People forget that Hal Jordan didn't just survive crisis but came out unscathed and remembering everything, even when other lanterns didn't. He got a nominal new backstory but would regularly say shit like "Well I'm not supposed to have this power since crisis but I still do".

After that he was Parallax and more or less responsible for the next reboot himself so obviously he wasn't directly affected. Then the New52 came around and he didn't change again.

Hal Jordan is quite literally the exact same dude he was when he came around in the 1950's. He was going grey when he turned evil not because of some crazy bug as Johns said, but because he was fucking old and getting on in years.
>>
>>90310363

The original issues back in the 1950's hold up better than Johns's run.

Geoff Johns has a weird obsession with propping up his favorites and cramming in side characters of his own design. The plots just kind of float about and it's honestly not very well written.
>>
>>90313187
I think most of the Lanterns remembered it. Bolovax Vik was blown up during the Crisis and Ch'ps entire planet got remade so no one remembered him or his arch enemy. Salaak and Katma's sectors got mostly wiped out as well I think. GLs have always been the backbone of the multiverse so I guess it makes sense they'd remember everything.
>>
I would never, ever recommend beginning with GL Rebirth (the old one).

Instead, read

>Green Lantern: In Brightest Day (This is a collection of old GL stories that Geoff Johns put together as a primer for his run, all of the stuff in it is important to understand his run)
>Emerald Twilight
>Green Lanter: Rebirth

Zero Hour is also optional. Also, wiki why Hal has merged/been possessed by The Spectre.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.