[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't the Gods just defeat Aku again? Why delegate it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: 1716098-gods.jpg (61KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1716098-gods.jpg
61KB, 400x300px
Why don't the Gods just defeat Aku again? Why delegate it by creating the sword?
>>
>>90292965
Do you usually bother to interfere with the matters of an anthill

no , you don't
>>
Being a God is not about using your omnipotent power to smite down everything and anything. It is about giving your subjects the means to accomplish greatness with minimal intervention. By creating the sword, they are allowing their creations to exercise their free will and allowing nature to take its course. Their job is to observe and only intervene in the most dire of circumstances.
>>
>>90292965
theyre amusing themselves by seeing if humans can take out Aku with a divine weapon

they clearly dont care that Aku took over earth; the Egyptian god still exists as seen in Jack in Egypt
>>
Until the sword breaks, they've done all they can/want to do
>>
>>90293054
I'd say Aku banishing their champion through time and turning the universe into a shithole counts as dire circumstances desu.
>>
>questioning the Gods
Nice hubris, jack-ass.
>>
>>90292965

those are actually aku fucking over jack by saying he has to use that sword
>>
File: 1333861306418.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
1333861306418.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>90293054
>>
>>90292965
They are giant dude. Not to mention incredibly powerful.

If they went for Aku, who's just a small portion of the dark energy they used to fight, they could very well destroy the entirety of Earth.
>>
>>90293348
Aku runs an expanding empire, but I don't think they'll intervene unless he pisses them off directly.
>>
File: deer.jpg (97KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
deer.jpg
97KB, 540x405px
>>90292965
Because Aku can't touch them, he's not on their level so they don't feel threatened by him. They already fought him when he was a threat and won so why do it again when he's weak shit?

But they also want to give the humans a chance and seeing how Jack is the only one worth giving that chance to, they did

Now they're going to have fun watching an asian time traveling samurai and some long ancient evil reduced to evil goop duke it out for what seems like an eternity
>>
For now, Aku is a mere stain on the entire universe. Sure his empire grows by the day, but after a thousand years hes only managed to take over a galaxy or two. The cosmic horror that preceded him threatened everything in creation at the time, Aku doesnt really compare. So for now, they stay their hand, and earth still has the means to defeat Aku. Shouldnt we feel flattered that gods have so much faith in us?
>>
>>90293054
That's a very Christian explanation. However I'm pretty sure paganism doesn't have a concept of free will.
>>
>>90292965
Maybe they're too busy fighting the actual Ultimate Evil (the one Aku is merely a piece of) for all eternity
>>
I think Aku was at one time a greater threat to the cosmos. But, since he had been reduced to a planet dweller, they just allowed the inhabitants the means to defeat Aku.
>>
>>90294837
Paganism gives swinging room for free will. Christianity considers it an over-glorified concept.
>>
>>90292965
They got shit to do
>>
>>90293348
IIRC there was an episode where Aku, or someone else I forget, usurps a tiny bit of the egyptian one's power by summoning some of his nigh-invincible minions and forcing them to work for him and hunt Jack. Jack's solution was basically to send a signal up to Set, who then shows up and wipes them all out in an instant then fucks off back to wherever.

Point is, God's don't care unless you fuck with their shit directly.
>>
>>90296213
>Stealing from Horus
That's suicide by god, Horus isn't exactly well known for a forgiving and relaxed nature.
>>
>>90295958
>Christianity considers it an over-glorified concept.
that's dependent on the kind, Catholicism believes in Free Will for example, while Calvinism throws a massive middle finger to it(there's a reason most Calvinists are assholes)
>>
>>90292965
when gods intervene directly it causes massive problems.
>>
>>90296213

Anyone remember the episode name?
>>
>>90296515
>>90296213

You're looking for "The minions of Set".

The bird god guy (I think his name was Ra, I don't remember) only came in because this was something beyond even what Aku could control, and that's why he gave them a very simple instruction that fit in with their destructive desire. If Aku was to ever try that again, Ra would probably just kill him directly.
>>
>>90294837
>Paganism doesn't have a concept of free will
found the fag who has never read the Illiad.
>>
>>90294837
Check off "anon talking about religions he doesn't actually know about" on your cards everyone.
>>
>>90292965

Why don't the gods just fuck Aku? That's actually a more likely thing for them to do.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>90298338
You shut the fuck up. Nothing is sexier than this piece of work. Nothing.
>>
>>90293348
They foresaw that he would return.
>>
File: tips hat d'arby.png (294KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
tips hat d'arby.png
294KB, 479x720px
>>90294837
>The religion I know about is Christianity because my mom forced me to go to Church
>>
>>90294837
>Pagan
And by that you mean?
Celty has had gods activily kill incarnations of fate to change prophesies.
Norse has fates that go "Kek by not doing what I say you actually did what I wanted!" more than a shitty comic book
>>
>>90292965
Why don't the gods just Rape Aku?
He can shapeshift into anything except into someone who isn't a rape survivor
>>
File: frogSchool_bullshit.jpg (42KB, 399x277px) Image search: [Google]
frogSchool_bullshit.jpg
42KB, 399x277px
>>90293054
Yes, because that what gods do; create heavy rocks even them, their selves can't lift.
>>
>>90293348
Not to mention screwing with god-level stuff like the Minions of Set and the water stone guarded by the Elementals.

By this point the gods are just fickle.
>>
>>90294016
It's less faith and more apathy.
>>
>>90293054
Their creations don't have free will because they are being oppressed by something they didn't create and failed to destroy.
>>
They couldn't kill him 3v1 when he had no will nor intelligence. You think they could kill him now?
>>
>>90293054
t. non-god

Real answer: the writers are hacks.
>>
>>90292965
>Gods
>Dealing with mortals
lol
>>
>>90293054
>they were being lazy
>testing humanity
There you go.
>>
>>90301144
considering they're the ones that created Jack's sword, yes?
>>
>>90302374
Isn't the sword actually a conduit of human willpower? They merely made its vessel, not its power.
>>
Some people are talking about Akus empire, but doesn't he only stick to Earth?
>>
>>90303724
Earth is his main base of operations but he often visits other planets when he wants to fuck something up
>>
>>90303724
There as one episode where Jack met some aliens from another galaxy who claimed Aku stole all the water from their planet.
>>
>>90293035
They bothered enough to craft a sword to kill him. Although >>90293054 raises a good point.
>>
>>90302775
It's ambiguous. Jack's dad says it's human willpower but Birth of Evil shows 3 blacksmith god vessels creating it with blue energy that they fucked Aku up with earlier in the ep before the dawn of humanity. I'd chalk up the "human spirit" to warrior bravado but, like I said, it's ambiguous
>>
>>90293348
Aku is small-time when looked at from a cosmic scale.
>>
>>90300973
I mean, if you get down to it, free will can only exist if whoever created the universe isn't omniscient and omnipotent. They can be one or the other, but if they're both, then literally every action that will ever be taken was orchestrated by them.
>>
>>90301144
Aku was a tiny fragment of the being they were destroying. They were disintegrating hundreds of Akus every second.
>>
>>90293054

Fuck off Vishnu
>>
>>90304849
Them being all powerful and knowing everything just means that they created the initial conditions, and know what you will do with your free will.
>>
>>90305215
That's like claiming the dominoes you set up have free will.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (41KB, 310x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
41KB, 310x250px
>Why don't the Gods just
>>
>>90305309
If god is omnipotent he can give you both free will, and know how it will all turn out.
>>
>>90292965
Aku is no threat to them so they literally dont give a fuck.
>>
>>90293054
>MUH FREE WILL
Oh, fuck that. Free will is what enables evil to exist in the first place.
>>
>>90305338
Perhaps you're not clear about what "free" means.

If it's predetermined, it's not free.
>>
>>90305720
Perhaps you are not clear on what omnipotent means.
>>
>>90305878
>>90292965
All 3 of them are deities infamous for getting their asses kicked. It's a miracle that they managed to beat Aku Prime at all.
>>
File: 47380417_p0.jpg (255KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
47380417_p0.jpg
255KB, 752x1062px
Gods don't rationalize shit the way humans do. They might care, but their way of taking action is always going to seem strange to us.
>>
>>90292965
Why just yahweh just cure all children with cancer?

rest my case
>>
>>90293035
I do that all the time.
Though it's usually to fuck it up with a bottle of water.
>>
>>90306010
>Why just yahweh just cure all children with cancer?
Because God wants them to have free will.
>>
>>90305750
That has nothing to do with it.

If your will is free, it's not predetermined.
If it's predetermined, it's not free.

We're talking about YOUR will here, not God's.
>>
>>90305933
I hate when people pull this non-argument out of their ass. Logic is logic no mater how you slice it. Any reasonable philosophy uses it.
>>
>>90306282
What does cancer have to do with free will?
>>
>>90306330
If God can see every single option you will ever make and not make, you still have free will but God observes every choice.
>>
>>90292965

I always thought they were testing humanity to see if they were worthy of being saved, if they had a strong enough virtud to deafeat aku then they were
>>
>>90306408
But logic is based entirely around achieving end goals. There's no rule saying what the god's end goals are, or if they benefit humanity.
>>
>>90292965
They already done 99.9% of the job when that giant space tumor of primordial evil was almost destroyed, so really it's about the living who can't handle a tiny drop of what originally could fuck everything up.
>>
>>90306436
But if an all-knowing God created the universe exactly how he wanted, knowing the actions you would take, then he's the one who chose your actions.
>>
>>90306010
he would need to exist
>>
>>90306526
>But logic is based entirely around achieving end goals
What the hell are you talking about? Logic is for examining arguments, ya dingus.
>>
>>90306408
Or if they do benefit humanity, do they benefit the current generation of humanity
>>
>>90306596
Logic is meaningless unless you're using it for something.

In order to say the gods aren't being logical you'd have to know what they were trying to do in the first place.
>>
>>90306627
No. What you're talking about is "the end (might) justify the means" which isn't in itself 'logic' but a philosophical concept/ethical approach which is by the way contrasted by the approach that judges morality based on actions.
>>
>>90292965
What if in the end jack goes full shin megami tensei and fights them ?
>>
>>90292965
The gods were fucking dicks, they did shit like turning into a bull and raping chicks to make them have half-bull babies and turning into women and fucking each other.
>>
>>90306910
Then Jack will get fucking destroyed.
>>
>>90306408
Something that isn't human isn't gonna think like a human, dork. Even in ancient times the Romans and shit thought that the gods were just fucking around with people to amuse themselves.
>>
>>90293035
Hey they started a job they should see it through, not our fault they got sloppy.
>>
>>90306705
Logic is how you decide what actions will have which effects. You need a desired effect for logic to come into play.
>>
>>90296515
I think it was Jack in Egypt
>>
>>90294837
paganism is not a religion
>>
>>90306420
Those who get cancer get it because of their lifestyle choices. Also, it has been proven that those with a strong Christian faith are more likely to overcome cancer.
>>
>>90293035
>Do you usually bother to interfere with the matters of an anthill
Yea well just remember those ants are still going to make the effort to bite that titan that tried to fuck that hill up.
>>
>>90292965
They can't be in real space for to long. Primal evil what Aku split from was traveling in Immaterium and they can fight there for as long as they could.
>>
>>90301144
You do know that Aku is only a tiny fraction of that being given form by earthly magic, right? Sure to us humans he is a demon of immence power, but to the gods he's nothing.
>>
>>90293035
I would if I caused the problem in the first place
>>
File: 1485380352260.gif (762KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485380352260.gif
762KB, 400x400px
>>90292965
Calling it now. Once Jack finally goes back to the past those 50+ years that we spent in the future will instantly catch up to him similarly to the lava monster from one of the earlier episodes, which leads to killing him before he manages to reach his family.
>>
>>90317272
The show is generally a bit more hopefull than that. He'd get one last look, maybe even a sentence in, then die.
>>
>>90294939
They already killed it. Aku is just a small "branch" that fell of during the fight
>>
>>90317665
not even that. just a tiny bit that didn't burn
>>
>>90294837
Well, that depends.

>Horus
Egyptian mythology had enough wiggle room to allow it, as deeds were judged at the scales of Osiris. If you can make choices between good and evil, you have free will. Fate is not fated (Fuck you Calvin)

>Odin
Norse Myth is pretty deterministic. The Norns weave the fates of the gods, and the Ragnarok is fated to happen no matter what action Odin takes. "But none know what shall happen after the Ragnarok." So no free will now, but free will later possibly.

>Vishnu

Therein is a weird one. I'm less familiar with Hindu theology, but as I recall, fate IS fated, but there's a possibility to break prophecies.
>>
>>90319154
>there's a possibility to break prophecies.
Then they're not truly prophetic, are they.
>>
>>90293707
Just like us.
>>
>>90307817
Psychopaths don't think like other people either.
>>
>>90308575
>Logic is how you decide what actions will have which effects.
That's not what logic is for. Logic is about consistency not cause and effect.
>>
>>90292965
Maybe Aku's not even the biggest threat they have to manage in the universe. His empire does span to other planets, but those moth aliens had never even heard of him, and had a completely different threat to deal with.
>>
>>90292965
I believe Aku is not the same thing the gods were fighting over in the creation of Aku arc. Aku is from a tiny sliver of that darkness, mixed with the sorcery that Jack's father used.

So since it's not the ultimate darkness that only gods can defeat, they decided to create a weapon for mortals, because they probably see Aku as not on their level.
>>
>>90319862
Yes it can. Ever done math? Do you think we mathematicians observed infinity to see how it works?
>>
>>90319785
You can't claim there's an inconsistency if you don't know one of they key variables (in this case, what the Gods want).
>>
>>90294837
Nigga Hinduism literally says you don't have to believe in God's if you don't want to.
>>
>>90320098
Hindu gods seem super chill when they arent having death cults created in their name.
>>
File: krsna.jpg (244KB, 548x750px) Image search: [Google]
krsna.jpg
244KB, 548x750px
>>90305892
>Vishnu
>Ever getting his ass beat
Nigga he is the only God in Hindu mythology with a perfect fight record, he has never lost a fight.
Also I love how scientific Hinduism is, it talks about DNA, nuclear fusion and fission and multiversal stuff.
>>
>>90320171
I think only one Goddess had a death cult in her name and it wasn't even mainstream. She is supposed to represent the chaotic nature of universe, so some of her followers got a little overzealous with the whole sacrifice thing.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.