[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished this and am I alone in thinking this was complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0022.jpg (257KB, 1000x1555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
257KB, 1000x1555px
I just finished this and am I alone in thinking this was complete nonsensical garbage with literally shit tier
art? I hate this run so far
>>
>>90288078
>Quietly
>shit tier art
So you're a newbie pleb?
>>
>>90288099
It's not my fault this book is ugly as fuck. Is he one of /co/s favorites or something?
>>
It's OK, OP. Not everyone can have good taste.
>>
>>90288078
jesus Christ I've never encountered someone as pleb as you
>>
>complete nonsensical garbage
That's okay, anon. Morrison isn't everyone's cup of tea.
>shit tier art
Nigga I will fight you
>>
>>90288261
So you are a newbie then.

It's okay lad, hopefully in time you'll learn to appreciate comic book art beyond "the faces look/don't look good".
>>
Literally 2deep4u. And it's a fucking Batman funnybook.
>>
>>90288263
>>90288293
>>90288295
Guess it's going to be another one of those threads. Don't understand how anyone can like this shit but I guess someone has to be contrarian. I was expecting so much more based on how much this run is hyped up by everyone
>>
>>90288261
Ignore him, Morrisonfag have no taste.
>>
>>90288392
I mean I kind of liked his flash stuff but the batsman shi is just incomprehensible to me
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (133KB, 885x1509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
133KB, 885x1509px
What was his point again?
>>
>>90288466
>batsman shi is just incomprehensible to me
I usually hate when Morrisonfags use the defense "you just don't get it" but I guess it actually applies to you.

>>90288342
It's not contrarian to say that Morrison's B&R is great, it's one of the most celebrated runs in the past 20 years
>>
>>90288466
You have to have knowledge of the silver age and completely ignore current continuity to get Morrison.
>>
File: FLEXdeluxeCOLOR.jpg (649KB, 582x864px) Image search: [Google]
FLEXdeluxeCOLOR.jpg
649KB, 582x864px
>literally shit tier art
I'm really tired of house style fags that know nothing about good comic art.
>>
>>90288504
Morrison wanted to write Batman fighting the Devil, but left it open ended at first if Dr. Hurt was Satan or just a man.
>>
>>90288551
dude jim lee is the greatest artist of all time lmao
>>
>>90288551
Yeah how disgraceful that plebs can't appreciate still-birth faces.
>>
>>90288600
dude like jason fabok is the greatest literally one of the best artists working right now lmao

I hate comic book fans.
>>
>>90288642
>my favorite artists are Ed Benes, Brett Booth and Andy Kubert
>>
>>90288642
>muh faces
How to spot a pleb, please continue.
>>
>>90288519
>t's one of the most celebrated runs

Circlejerk forums don't count, anon.
>>
>>90288600
>>90288643
Don't make this a binary choice against great house style artists, you herd minded faggots.
>>
>>90288665
>I-I'LL STRAWMAN, THAT WILL SHOW HIM!

Wow, so that's the kind of mind it takes to understand the DEEPNESS of Morrison.

>>90288674
Ah yes, go ahead and tell us why "Dancing like Beyonce" is actually a profound line.
>>
>>90288700
>Fabok
>great house style artist
At least choose someone like Ivan Reis if you're going for house style shittery, not the one that can't do motion or paneling to save his life.
>>
>>90288675
Do reviews, casual public opinion, in-universe impact, mainstream exposure and sales count? Because it's a sucess on all fronts.
>>
b-but it's from my enlightened mentor Grant "I was abducted by aliens" Morrison...
>>
>>90288750
>casual public opinion, in-universe impact, mainstream exposure

Please feel free to provide examples with valid sources of these things you listed.
>>
>>90288711
It's not a profound line. Why would you think it was meant to be profound? Are you retarded?
>>
>>90288743
Fabok has his drawbacks like every artist, but that doesn't take away his great faces and rock solid superhero physiques that make people love him.
>>
>>90288862
His faces aren't that expressive.
>>
>>90288837
>Why would you think it was meant to be profound?

For the same reason someone would think faces that look like prunes is actually "good art".
I'm just following the retarded train of thought.
>>
>>90288862
>he makes my dick hard so he must be a great comic book artist
This is pretty much what you're saying.

Just because he's good at drawing one male face/body and one female face/body doesn't make him great.
>>
>>90288919
You sound fucking retarded. No joke.
>>
>>90288937
You're thinking of Frank Cho.
>>
>>90288942
A Morrisonfag lacks basic reading comprehension. Shocking.
>>
>>90288791
Normies love badass sword Robin in Injustice and his shitty direct to video adventures, comic book fans loved Grayson and Tomasi B&R, Damian TT single handedly saved the franchise and Supersons is a hit.

I'm objectively right and there's nothing you can do about it. :^]
>>
>>90288985
I mean... I asked you a question and you respond with "hurr but this other guy said this artwork I hate is good".
>>
>>90289031
>I butted in an argument I'm not interested in and now I can't understand what you're saying
>>
>>90288261
>is he one of /co/s favorites or something?
>n-not that I know, its not like I'm being contrarian or anything...
>>
>>90288261

I felt that it was a step down from what it could have been. It felt a bit too wacky for me, but I appreciate the idea behind it.

I really didn't like the art either, though. It was too "sketchy" in a way I wasn't a fan of.

All in all, I felt as if it needed to be much more refined. It felt oddly rushed in a way, and could have used a lot of more clever thinking. I'd ultimately give it a 6/10 (at least the first volume) because it is a neat story, but you have to go along with it in a way that may not be to one's liking.

One of the problems I think is the tone. It tries to be edgy, campy, and humorous all at once to feel "Batman"-esque, but rather ends up being a bit confused, and, unfortunately the artwork reflects it.

Simply put, it should have been a lot better on its own, but it sadly feels like it was done far too quickly with way too much being thrown at the reader.

If any casual reading this wants to read Morrison's Batman, DON'T read this first. Read the Black Hand or RIP, or, if you want some old fashioned Morrison, read his JLA run (but it might be intense compared to what we're given now).
>>
>>90288989
>there's nothing you can do about it.

I could ask you AGAIN to provide a source, like I did in the post you replied to.
>>
>>90289166
It's pathetic how you think you're a big clever boy asking for source, but there's no source to give for any of those factors, it's a matter of critical sense. Asking for source isn't a joker card for every discussion, you double nigger.
>>
File: 1479172790710.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1479172790710.gif
3MB, 414x382px
It is literally the best Batman run of all time.
>>
>>90289260
>but there's no source to give for any of those factors

Fandom popularity usually shows up in sale numbers. But I guess the rules of the market are "different" for Morrisonfags.
You can go back to suck baldie off now.
>>
Why does Quitely make everyone look like soggy meatloaf?
>>
I'm kinda' with you, OP. hated a lot of the interpretations of characters and new characters (Red Hood and w/e his sidekick was named)

The only thing I liked was the interactions between Damian+Dick, which gets high praise.

Rest of it was nonsensical or intentionally weird and smarmy like Ellis at his worst
>>
>>90289330
L-LOL PLEB 3DEEP5YOUUU?????
>>
>>90289323
>Fandom popularity usually shows up in sale numbers
You think it got an Absolute edition for being unpopular?
>>
>>90288099
Quitely is meh to me too desu
>>
>>90289364
There's no "it", you cited multiple titles buddy.
>>
>>90289323
Then go look those up you bored salad tosser, burden of proof is in the accuser. I see those back order issues flying off the shelf on my LCS, and it was popular enough to get Absolute editions.
>>
>>90289330
That's like asking why Picasso draws everyone jumbled or why Lynch shows things out of order.

TOO
DEEP
U
>>
>>90289404
>burden of proof is in the accuser

It's on the first who makes a claim.
That'd be you, sweetie. Your LCS means shit.
>>
>>90289450
Piccaso was never that talented. His father drew most of his early stuff and Picasso just fucked around while drunk or high later on while coasting on his past "accomplishments".
>>
>>90289475
That'd be you sweetcheeks, "Morrison's run is a complete sucess and one of thw greatest of all time" is the common opinion, you're accusing that of being false and must bring the evidence.
>>
>>90289475
The Absolute Edition was literally a New York Times Bestseller despite being over $50
>>
>>90289573
>is the common opinion,

So common you were the first to state it in this thread.
Just stop already.

>>90289616
English tu no speako?
>>90289400
>>
>>90288342
>Don't understand how anyone can like this shit but I guess someone has to be contrarian

The contrarian is you.
>>
>>90288675
Name a more celebrated Batman run in the past 20 years.
>>
>>90289543
Wtf I love Picasso now.
>>
>>90289649
I'm referring to Batman and Robin, the subject of the original argument, not the other shit that one guy offhandedly mentioned. Don't start moving goalposts.

Morrison's Batman and Robin was massively successful both commercially and critically. That is the statement that I am proving unless you think you can show otherwise
>>
>>90289738
>not the other shit that one guy offhandedly mentioned. Don't start moving goalposts.

Except that those were the original goal, because the original argument was with that guy. I'm not OP dumbass.

I have no problem with that single statement in itself, I find the idea of Damian being popular laughable though.
>>
>>90289649
Type "batman new york absolute bestseller", read the first 50 pages of that Google search. You're welcome, sweetheart. Or just read the listing on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Batman-Robin-Reborn/dp/1401237371
>>
>>90289809
So you actually do lack basic reading comprehension. Maybe you're even below that.

Enjoy the pretty pictures of potato faces autismo, meanwhile I'll entertain myself by actually reading.
>>
>>90289800
>I find the idea of Damian being popular laughable though.

I'm not sure how you expect this to be proven or disproven using sources. He's maintained a number of comic series where he is one of the titular characters. Is that not enough? His death caused enough outcry that DC brought him back like 2 years later. His movies, while terrible, still made more money than DC's other animated stuff. What else do you want?
>>
>>90289968
You are so mad. Morrison's B&R, and Batman Inc. were both popular and acclaimed to warrant absolute editions, both of which were NYT best sellers.

Return of Bruce Wayne, another title from his Batman run, also has a deluxe edition that is on the NYT Best Seller List. The fact that I have to explain to you that Morrison's Batman run was popular and critically acclaimed just proves what a casual you are.
>>
>>90290101
But anon the faces in Quietly's art aren't pretty, that's the sole qualification for good comic art. Sure he's a master of anatomy, body language, motion, and other elements of visual storytelling, but the faces!
>>
>>90288078
Art is the only good thing about it.
>>
>>90288078
I agree
>>
>>90290150
He's an amateur in all of those though. His anatomy gets shot most of the time. Even when he's not drawing motion.
>>
>>90288078
>Insulting muh Quitely elder god tier art
Get cancer and die
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.