[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else reading infamous ironman? It's a lot better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: dr doomman.jpg (350KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dr doomman.jpg
350KB, 791x1200px
Anyone else reading infamous ironman? It's a lot better than it should be.
>>
Well it might not be saying much, but I guess it is his best work in years.
>>
>>90279692
I do enjoy DoomStark
>>
So is there a decent explanation of why Doom is specifically the new Iron Man instead of someone he actually had a meaningful relationship with or just a new hero himself?
>>
>>90279692
Bendis' extreme decompression is ruining it. It's going slow even by his standards.

Last issue's reveal that The Maker is fucking Doom's mom is 10/10 and genuinely hilarious though.
>>
>>90279834
It's bendis, you're dealing with a guy who pretty much has a brain like a five year old.
>>
>>90279943
So that's a no then? Like, is it addressed at all in any way? Does no side character ask why Iron man? Does Doom not have a thought bubble even about liking the look or something? Nothing?
>>
>>90279834

From what I read, Doom wants to redeem himself and kind of bonded with Tony before this. But now that Tony is in a coma, somebody needs to be Iron Man. So Doom is taking on the job for his buddy and doing the redemption tour.
>>
>>90279994
From what I understood, he put as much thought into it as a casual looking for something cool to cosplay.
>>
>>90279834
Yes. After Secret Wars, Doom rethought his entire life. He reached out to Tony to try and do good instead of evil because doom has a mancrush on tony and when Tony gets put in a coma, Doom decides there needs to be an iron man so he decides why not.

He's not really parading himself as Iron man outside of wearing a lookalike costume, though.
>>
>>90279994
Doom talked to a Tony A.I. construct about it.
From what I remember, Battleworld and getting to be God of everything made him realize how petty he was as a super villain, that it was a waste of his talents, and since Tony was indisposed anyway he was going to take up the mantle because if the tin can he wore made a difference to the world, he'd wear a different tin can.
Tony A. I. had a number of problems with this, they were some good pages.

My only gripe about the book is how autistic/Asperger's Doom is written, he spills his spaghetti every time he talks to the O.C. girl of color and oh hey Bendis is self inserting in Doom.
>>
>>90280332
He shows up in the other iron book? I haven't been following that one, just infamous.
>>
>>90280408
Iron Doom hasn't appeared anywhere outside of his ongoing yet. He's going to be in Waid's Avengers after Kang War is over, but Kang War, like most Kang stories, is fucking NEVER ENDING.
>>
>>90280408
No, it happened in Infamous, around issue 2 or 3.
It was funny because it spoiled the outcome of Civil War 2, Bendis' event, months before it ended.
>>
>>90280441
Oh, when you said OC girl of color I thought you meant the new ironfart or whatever. My bad.
>>
>>90280663
Nah, I meant that professor lady getting her life ruined by Doom talking to her.
>>
>>90280663
Tony had a few dates with Amara (think thats her name) but it never really went anywhere. Since Doom was practically stalking Tony during that time he met her as well, and now Doom is crushing on her/using her as an emotional dumping ground. She however just wants to do her science in peace and constantly tells Doom to fuck off.

And now since SHIELD's been scouring for Doom, they stormed her workplace asking questions and got her fired. It's up in the air what Bendis planned to do with her since her character's been tossed all over the place
>>
>>90279692
If I didn't know who Doom was or care about him it may be good, but as a very old Doomfag, I hate it.
>>
>>90281128
Why?
>>
File: Lord and saviour.png (3MB, 1720x835px) Image search: [Google]
Lord and saviour.png
3MB, 1720x835px
>good Doom versus evil Reed

absolute Bendis-kino
>>
>>90279692
I'm really enjoying it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.