[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last time I saw this was when it came out as kid, just rewat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Prince-of-Egypt.jpg (121KB, 580x859px) Image search: [Google]
Prince-of-Egypt.jpg
121KB, 580x859px
Last time I saw this was when it came out as kid, just rewatched it and dropped tears at how beautiful scenes Prince of Egypt has.

I'd be hard pressed to mention a more powerful scene from any animated movie ever than "Deliver Us"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biVEtQQ_9mo
>>
YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER.
>>
Can't believe they got away with giving God a vilain song.
>>
>>90277593
I love this movie. So well done
>>
>>90277707
Say what
>>
>>90277707
I SEND A PESTILENCE, A PLAGUE
>>
This movie turned me into an atheist.

God killed children. Fuck God.
>>
>>90277842
INTO YOUR HOUSE, INTO YOUR BED
>>
>>90277915
Old Testament God was bloodthirsty af.
>>
File: 1481765722002.jpg (23KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1481765722002.jpg
23KB, 500x285px
>>90278159
I don't understand.
>>
>>90278206
>muh black people
>muh kangs
>>
I actually rewatched this last night. It's weird that something composed by Hans Zimmer only has two good songs. I love the movie nonetheless.
>>
>>90278378

What

Yeah, pretty great movie OP. Especially the backgrounds are gorgeous.
>>
>>90277593

outside of the Bible’s stories, there is no record anywhere in history of this enslavement. No archaeological evidence was ever found.

Thousands of people wandering through the desert for 40 years? You’re gonna leave something behind. They didn't because it never happened.

The Egyptians left no record of it and the fact that most of the construction in Egypt was done by free Egyptians is a matter of archaeological fact.
The fact that not a single artifact has been found that could be definitely linked to the biblical Exodus. If the parting sea, the burning bush, the plagues, etc. did happen, they appear to have left no traces.

There is NO way to confirm even, that the Iraelites WERE slaves in Egypt. There is only one source for the story of enslavement or the Exodus: The Bible.
For many scholars, the silence of the Egyptians sources is telling. I personally would want two or three separate sources before I will believe what any ONE source says. And frankly, there is NO Egyptian written texts saying anything about the Exodus.

Some argue that the Egyptians simply would not record such an epic embarrassment. The Egyptians were meticulous bureaucrats and DID keep unflattering paperwork (papyrus scrolls).

There are Egyptian documents of many bad things happening in Egypt at the time, civil war, unrest, of foreign incursion, of people coming in and taking over Egypt. And yet you have NO evidence for this massive upheaval of the Pharaoh and the destruction of his entire army. You WOULD expect to find it! Looking at the Exodus through the lens of science, we know only a few hard facts.

The archaeological and historical records remain resolutely silent about these epic events. the only plausible reasons to not finding any evidence to the Exodus is that:

1. it did not happen the way the Bible says it did
OR,
2. it did not happen at all.

Unfortunately, The power of the Exodus story relies more of faith than on any scientific or historical evidence.
>>
My grandma is a Sunday school teacher and wasn't a big Dreamworks fan (her first one was Shrek and she thought it was too inappropriate for my six year old cousin). I showed her this one and I remember her tearing up a bit at the scene when the ocean parts.
>>
File: 1487204180801.jpg (9KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
1487204180801.jpg
9KB, 220x229px
>>90278281
>>
>>90278281
The characters in the movie had Semitic features and dark brown skin, they aren't black.
>>
>>90278281
They're Egyptians, you retard.
>>
>>90278624
No shit Sherlock. What next? You're going to tell us the universe wasn't created in 6 days 6000 years ago?
>>
>>90278624
I'm glad you know this. Why are you posting it in this thread?
>>
>>90278624
It seems to me that Exodus is what you get when you try and write an account of the Bronze Age Collapse hundreds of years after it happened from oral tradition to put in your religious book.
>>
YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW
>>
>>90277593
>From Prince of Egypt to Shrek
Well, at least it kept Dreamworks alive.
>>
A single thread in the tapestry though its color brightly shine
>>
Was God the true villain of the movie?
>>
>>90278928

it's complicated
>>
>>90278928
The Jewish Ba'al has always been a villain. He actively went out murdering other people's pantheons. No other religious group has ever used their god to kill other gods... Except the Cult of Kek.
>>
>>90278378
I'd say there's more than two good songs.
Personally, my two favorites are The Plagues and Through Heaven's Eyes
>>
>>90277944
He just needed to get laid.
>>
>>90277915
Aetheism is not believing in God. If you dislike God then you accept that he exists.
>>
>>90278624
thanks wise anon, now back to your grimoire
>>
>>90278788
>tfw no sea people movie

Would be rad as fuck
>>
>>90278624
Cool but what does that have to do with Prince of Egypt the animated movie?
>>
>>90278624
Are you going to post an essay citing evidence proving that Snow White and the Seven Dwarves didn't really happen next?
>>
File: dreamworks.jpg (1MB, 2910x1651px) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks.jpg
1MB, 2910x1651px
>>90278851
>>
>>90282428
That picture makes me sad because it shows how shitty they've gotten outside of their franchises.
>>
>>90282428

>Even the dragon has the dreamworks face

wew
>>
>>90277593
Egyptians and Egyptian slaves was black though
This movie is a racist cracka lie
>>
>>90282428
>tfw Captain Underpants is next in this pic
>>
>>90277593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
>>
>>90281732
Pretty hard to do, since we know almost fuck all about them
>>
>>90277944
>implying God had a fundamental morality shift based around the birth of a prophet

The authors of the Bible were more creative and sci-fi-ish in the new testament
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.