[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Punisher still a Vietnam war veteran or have they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1815527-punisher.jpg (12KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1815527-punisher.jpg
12KB, 426x640px
So is Punisher still a Vietnam war veteran or have they "updated" it?
>>
>>90277161
Sliding timelines anon
>>
>>90277179
That doesn't answer the question at all.
>>
>>90277161
Nah they are going to say that all of that happened in another universe and screw their audience for the next 30 years
>>
>>90277161
I think I've some reference to Desert Storm in some book.
>>
>>90277161
Frank doesn't age. He's like Samurai Jack.
>>
>>90277198
Yes it does.
>>
>>90277161
afghanistan iirc
>>
>>90277161

Rucka's run implied that he fought in a more recent war, but that was ignored in things like The Punisher: Nightmare and Thunderbolts.

The current run rather irrevocably made it clear that he's no longer a Vietnam War vet.
>>
>>90277486
>The current run rather irrevocably made it clear that he's no longer a Vietnam War vet.
Care to elaborate?
>>
File: 47845786746.jpg (65KB, 640x357px)
47845786746.jpg
65KB, 640x357px
On the subject, does Magneto still work as a holocaust survivor?
If he was roughly teen/slightly older during those years, that would mean that in the present time he's at least in his eighties. A bit hard to make it work.
>>
>>90277732
He had the High Evolutionary do some shit and some other stuff has gone on, IIRC.
He's pretty much immune to the sliding timescale.
>>
>>90277286
> 'Frank and the Rave'
> 'Frank Jumps Good'

meh, I'd read it.
>>
>>90277732
He's been deaged several times. The only issue there is that they will eventually need to also write in a deaging before he meets the X-Men.
>>
>>90277732
Magneto got de aged at one point so he is good for a while. Plus he keeps himself healthy with all the iron he pumps.

But if they do a sliding time scale, then maybe he should be made black or Asian in one of their genocides. Like Rwanda. Or maybe he should be one of the Balkan peoples in Yugoslavia.
>>
>>90277651
Well finally, as the age of the character portrayed would now have to be in his sixties, Frank Castle is no longer a veteran of the Vietnam War. A recent issue by Becky Cloonan and the late Steve Dillon moved his earlier military adventures to a more Middle Eastern setting. No specific war, country or date is given. But the way things are going, this origin looks like it won’t be straining against continuity any time soon. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/24/punisher-no-longer-toured-vietnam/
>>
>>90277732
They could just say something about mutant genes, slower aging, and so on. Or throw in that machine from the animated series that made him younger.
>>
>>90277732
Magento was deaged at one point.
>>
>>90277732
They need to just find a way to stop his aging or make him immortal and leave it at that.
>>
>>90277884
So was Frank, after he died.
No idea what the fuck they're doing with him now.
>>
>>90277837
>acknowledging the existence of other genocides
OY VEY, IT'S ANUDDAH SHOAH
>>
>>90277837
rwanda was not a genocide

regards, UN
>>
>>90277933
Sorry, "cultural culling". :^)
>>
>>90277771
Yeah, currently Uncanny X-Men #1 takes place around 2004, so now Magneto was already in his 70's the first time the X-Men fought him.
>>
>>90277161
Pretty sure he's a Gulf War vet now. Soon it'll be Iraq.
>>
>>90277850

>No specific war, country or date is given.

There's a computer in the background of one scene.

What era does it look like it's from?
>>
>>90277906

>So was Frank, after he died.

Twice.
>>
>>90277335
That was just for Netflix
>>
>>90277198
It does. Timeline now is canonicaly a mess.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.