[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of BvS? Do you like what Zack Snyder is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

What do you guys think of BvS? Do you like what Zack Snyder is doing with the DCEU?
>>
>>90275947
It was bad but could have been a lot worse
>>
>>90275947

Used to think the DCEU isn't all that great, but now that it's an Oscar winning franchise, I can't help but change my mind.
>>
>>90275947
It's shit like every other DC movie. Fuck no

>>90276094
Yeah it could've been FUN and entertaining
>>
>>90275947
It's shit
>>
File: Mickey_Mouse.png (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Mouse.png
70KB, 250x250px
>>90275947
Its no fun
>>
personally i love it, though its a very divisive subject on /co/.
>>
If you're going to contruct an entire movie out of metaphors and symbolism, you should at least make them interesting metaphors and symbolism.

This was like watching Zack Snyder reading his Cultures On Society In America freshman paper for 3 hours. It's no better then those Matrix sequels.
>>
>>90275947
There are intresting idea in there but the execution is flubbed so hard as to be stupid.

A big budget blockbuster movie is not like a music video or passion piece, a writer/directors vision will not shine through the constant executive meddling, reshoots and recuts.

As such you have to plan and make the movie very differently. If BvS was cut PERFECTLY it could have been a fine if a little dry movie that had a lot to say.But perfectly would be exactly to Snyders specifications, and that is impossible for a movie like this.

So it has to be written and planned in such a way as to survive and be good despite weird cuts and alterations. As far as I have seen, Snyder cannot do that to save his life, and weird cuts, alterations and executive meddling seem endemic to the DCEU.

Honestly I would rather they gave up the "visionary director" route and do a soft reboot of the DCEU with solid, character focused movies that are "solid" enough to survive the process of being made.
>>
>>90280925
If they come back and say "Oh, this is the Justice Lords Universe, the real DC Universe is this new one!" that'd be hilarious
>>
It's quite shit desu, I can respect what Snyder attempted to do by telling a """""deep"""" story but he failed in every single way and only explored the themes he wanted to explore in a superficial manner.

As a /lit/ user I can tell you the inly people that vehemntly defent it are hopeless pseuds desperate to be acknowledged
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.