[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from Sonic, are there any video game comics worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

Aside from Sonic, are there any video game comics worth reading?
I was honestly surprised when I found out a good number of them exist
>>
I've read the first four issues of the Hotline Miami series, haven't gotten a chance to read more. Was pretty cool.

I haven't played the game though.
>>
The Infamous comic is fairly good.

The Uncharted mini was actually really good. Great all around.

First Mirror's Edge mini existed.

I've heard good things about the Metal gear comics.

The tie in comics for Fall of Cybertron were decent.
>>
The Resident Evil comics are retarded, but endearing. There was one in the early 2000s where the T-Virus gets into a circus and a S.T.A.R.S. team shows up with lightning guns. The one that came out beforr RE5 was alright. It's cool to see BSAA agents fighting zombies in space.
Also when the fuck is Heavenly Island gonna be sold in NA? It's been out in France for a while already.
>>
>>90265087
Apparently the COD ones are decent
>>
Any noteworthy bad ones?
Aside from Sonic
>>
>>90268347
Malibu Street Fighter.
>>
File: SF02.jpg (787KB, 630x976px) Image search: [Google]
SF02.jpg
787KB, 630x976px
>>90268389

>Malibu Street Fighter

You know something it's bad when Capcom intervenes and cancels the license for the comic because they hate it, the same company that accepts to license any garbage labelled Street Fighter as long as they get paid (The Legend of Chun-Li).
>>
File: 983471.jpg (92KB, 600x953px) Image search: [Google]
983471.jpg
92KB, 600x953px
Is Resistance good?
>>
>>90268204
the resident evil EU has so much weird & crazy shit it makes the star wars EU look coherent by comparison

aside from the CGI movies & chronicles games how much of that shit is even cannon?
>>
>>90265087
The Last of Us got a prologue comic that was pretty good.

>>90268219
Well, the Black Ops one is apparently Larry Hama, isn't it?

"GI Joe but a videogame instead" seems entirely workable for him.
>>
>>90268885
>much weird & crazy shit it makes the star wars EU look coherent by comparison
Weirder than Luuuke Skywalker and Grey Jedi Huttan?
>>
File: Untitled-1-28.jpg (464KB, 1366x563px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1-28.jpg
464KB, 1366x563px
>>90270131
Considering TLOU2 and pic related
We may see another one
>>
>>90270131

I'm amazed nobody has made a GI Joe game yet. It's all there. Just fucking do it.
>>
>>90270479
There has
They sucked
Nobody cares about the IP anymore
>>
>>90270506

I mean past tue NES era ya dip.

The IDWverse was okay. The Hama line is still strong. I would think Hasbro would like to see it dusted off. Especilly after how well recieved the Cybertron games were, and how well the "adult" Arkham games did.
>>
>>90270479
I want a GI Joe X-Com.

Best way to fit in all them mans, and not just Duke, Snake Eyes, and Duke again.
>>
The last game you played is getting a comic by the last comic writer you read from.
How is it?
>>
>>90270841
>No Man's Sky
>Chris Roberson

Uh... it' s okay with hints of genius yet it never gets there.

Damn that works.
>>
TF2 comics are top tier
>>
>>90268885
The comics aren't canon, although there are two or three canon manga, three canon CGI movies, a canon stage play, a canon musical and a canon short film. In addition, Umbrella Chronicles is a non-canon recap of the first few games, although it contains new canon bits of story. Darkside Chronicles is completely canon tho.
https://youtu.be/KdF5M3-xJ4A
>>
Metal gear had some comics, not sure if they were good or not, the art reminded me of piece Walker
>>
File: jurassicpark54.jpg (259KB, 907x1395px) Image search: [Google]
jurassicpark54.jpg
259KB, 907x1395px
Not vidya, but the Jurassic Park comics are notoriously shit. The Topps comics were barely passable, but the IDW comics are notoriously shit. There is one by IDW that is passable, but it's wild as shit and plays out like a manga.
>>
>>90270611
There was one that came out around the time the movie came out, but it was some kind of chess type thing and everyone shat on it.
>>
This isn't a popular opinion, but the Mass Effect comics are pretty decent, particularly Mass Effect Evolution. Gives a pretty cool back story for The Illusive Man, and it's canon.
>>
Some of the Assassin's Creed comics are good. At least The Fall and some of the earlier stuff. The Gears of War comics are actually surprisingly decent as well and flesh out the universe pretty well.
>>
>>90268765
>I owned that

It was so fucking bad. It was great for how bad it was. And it was just as edgy as it looks, too.
>>
>>90268831
That series in particular is. I think they might have released another for R3, although I didn't read it. Fuck, Resistancebros are few and far between.
>>
>>90265087
Not really a vidya comic, but the last few years of IDW's Ghostbusters books have been great and the 2009 game is canon to them.

The PC from it shows up sometimes and teams up with Chevey Chase.
>>
>>90270841
For Honor by Slott. I have no idea how this could be good. But I also don't know how he could fuck it up.
>>
>>90267675
At least delete your bump after you've done it
>>
File: eggs.jpg (328KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
eggs.jpg
328KB, 1024x576px
The Dead Space comics ranged from alright to good. The only thing that threw Salvage off was Christopher Shy's art, which was beautiful, but made it difficult to tell what the fuck was happening. Also:
>mfw Dead Space is kill
Why is EA such a shit?
>>
>>90267882
THERES A HOTLINE MIAMI SERIES?!?!

*vision gets neon and wavy, weird music starts playing*
>>
File: mercyabest.jpg (125KB, 516x855px) Image search: [Google]
mercyabest.jpg
125KB, 516x855px
>>90270841
>Overwatch
>Grant Morrison
I'm not sure what that would be like, but I love it already.
Mercy is still best girl.
>>
>>90270479
There's a few.

>>90270506
The NES ones were just middling. The arcade game was excellent.
>>
>>90268765
Sweet Jesus, what is wrong with Bison's face?!
>>
File: tf.jpg (270KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tf.jpg
270KB, 1024x768px
>>90265087
TF2 comics are pretty good
>>
>>90272158

The ending of 3 and 3 in general left a sour taste on the series in general. Hopefully they'll do a reboot or something with the franchise
>>
File: FoR.jpg (78KB, 320x492px) Image search: [Google]
FoR.jpg
78KB, 320x492px
Any of the Halo comics worth reading? I remember the books being pretty good.
>>
>>90270841
Dishonored by Al Ewing

Mite b cool.
>>
>>90268347
DMC
Dark Souls
Nier
Dreamwave Mega Man
>>
>>90270841
>Dragon Quest Builders
>Coincidentally, Akira Toriyama

Does Horii get to write it?
>>
>>90265087
Technicly all of Max Payne 1 and 2 are comics
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.